Mini 1568: Another Awesome Alliteration Adventure (over)

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 7:09 am

Post by Egg »

So he lacks both town intent and scum intent and therefore must be scum?

And I made my case. Why beat the dead horse? No one had any reasons against it. A few people voted the same way. What can I do other than say the same things over and over?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 7:17 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

His play makes perfect sense for panicking scum.

Would you be content with an NL?
To be clear: quack
Jargonaut
Jargonaut
Goon
Jargonaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 7:31 am

Post by Jargonaut »

In post 193, Egg wrote:I don't care for Dunham's reaction to Riptide's question about why his second post should include scum hunting. Sure, scumhunting is helpful and protown and all that. But there are players who would rather BS the first few pages regardless of alignment. While I'm not so sure that's what Riptide was doing (I think he was just saying Elyse's point was BS), Dunham ignores the idea that not everyone is in SRSMODE on Page 1. When Burning shows support for that idea, Dunham now feels safe laying a vote. I don't like that he waited for Burning's endorsement.

I don't like Dunham calling out burning as "testing the Mod". It looks like an attempt to get burning modkilled. And his "beating your wife" comment would suggest that he isn't someone who would be upset at someone calling someone else dumb.
Isn't it possible for townies to be more inclined to vote after seeing someone else agree with them? And I don't really think he was trying to get BE modkilled, I think he was just trying to be snarky.
Jargonaut
Jargonaut
Goon
Jargonaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 7:31 am

Post by Jargonaut »

In post 193, Egg wrote:I don't care for Dunham's reaction to Riptide's question about why his second post should include scum hunting. Sure, scumhunting is helpful and protown and all that. But there are players who would rather BS the first few pages regardless of alignment. While I'm not so sure that's what Riptide was doing (I think he was just saying Elyse's point was BS), Dunham ignores the idea that not everyone is in SRSMODE on Page 1. When Burning shows support for that idea, Dunham now feels safe laying a vote. I don't like that he waited for Burning's endorsement.

I don't like Dunham calling out burning as "testing the Mod". It looks like an attempt to get burning modkilled. And his "beating your wife" comment would suggest that he isn't someone who would be upset at someone calling someone else dumb.
Isn't it possible for townies to be more inclined to vote after seeing someone else agree with them? And I don't really think he was trying to get BE modkilled, I think he was just trying to be snarky.
Jargonaut
Jargonaut
Goon
Jargonaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 7:32 am

Post by Jargonaut »

I don't know why that posted twice. My b :/
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 7:51 am

Post by T S O »

No-one hammers until I post.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 8:06 am

Post by Egg »

Did I really just lose that post? Fuck.

I'll do it again when I'm done eating.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 8:18 am

Post by Egg »

SK, I don't see any "panic" in Burning's play. Hell, the post about lynching him being the right play looks calm and accepting. Now that doesn't mean he's town, but I definitely don't read him as panicky. And of course I'm not ok with no lynch. If we were an hour from deadline, Burning was at L-1, and no other lynch was happening, I'd hammer in a heartbeat. I just don't buy that he's scum. And I know I could be wrong, which is why I'd deadline hammer, but I don't see the case at all. And it's getting hard to judge his posts because I'm doing it with the bias that there's already a case on him that I don't agree with.

Jarg, that's not what that looked like there. I could see if he was like "I want to lynch so an so but there's no support" and two people voted that way so he voted. But this seemed more like a throwaway comment followed by a vote from someone else so he decided to try it.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 9:12 am

Post by Rubicon »

Declaring intent to hammer.

B_E, claim.
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 9:18 am

Post by MTD »

First T S O's post, then claim, please, not the other way round.
still the same old MTD
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 9:19 am

Post by Rubicon »

Nope, intent to hammer.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 9:20 am

Post by T S O »

TSO's post is coming; quite literally, being made now.

I can tell you now I don't have a problem with a Burning_Earth wagon and really should be voting.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 9:59 am

Post by T S O »

In post 288, N wrote:
act
noun
1. anything done, being done, or to be done; deed; performance:
a heroic act.

2. the process of doing:
caught in the act.

3. a formal decision, law, or the like, by a legislature, ruler, court, or other authority; decree or edict; statute; judgment, resolve, or award:
an act of Congress.

4. an instrument or document stating something done or transacted.
5. one of the main divisions of a play or opera:
the second act of
Hamlet.

Vote Count 1.09
toolenduso
(0)
The Betting Pool
(0)
Rubicon 
(1) MTD
mnemonicdevice
(0)
Jargonaut
(0)
Dunhamganger
(0)
MTD
(0)
Elyse
(0)
T S O
(0)
Riptide
(3) mnemonicdevice, Elyse, Cho
Cho
(7)
T S O, Riptide, Egg, toolenduso, The Betting Pool, Dunhamganger, Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
(0)
Egg
(1) Rubicon 

Not Voting
(1) Jargonaut

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-05-03 21:42:05)
Basically, the tl;dr is that some votes, like tool's are super-town, but Burning_Earth is undoubtedly the worst. There aren't really any other bad ones.

I'm sorry this is such a shit post, guys, but I'm too tired to elaborate. That's ultimately all you need to know.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 10:34 am

Post by Rubicon »

Uh huh... Is this your response to me asking you to analyze the Cho wagon? Because that's pretty weak.

Riptide's jump on the wagon was really terrible and screamed scum opportunism. The Betting Pool's vote was questionable at best - the tone of Lucky's is also weirdly over the top, like the part where he attacks her for admitting to looking for mentions of her name and calls her a jester, and they never adjust the read even when Cho does start making an attempt to do something. (Their jump on the B_E wagon on the last page is also opportunistic - look at that reasoning, or lack thereof.) Dunhamganger's vote switch was at least as bad as B_E's, yet you've inexplicably been defending him.

This post you wanted us to wait for is literally "well B_E is scum for accidentally hammering so yeah". Thanks, no one had suggested that one before.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 11:16 am

Post by T S O »

Riptide's jump on Cho was the first after mine and seeing as I had a damn strong case to vote Cho with, there's nothing wrong with doing that. The Unlynchable quote is vote-worthy; there is nothing wrong with that.

The Betting Pool votess Cho for admitting she lurked and trying to pass it off as Town.

Dunhamganger is precisely Town for giving no reason - scum never do that. Also, you can see a trajectory in his previous posts where he goes from "TSO is wrong" to "I dislike her more" to "She's scum."

Uh huh, Rubicon, the fact that my conclusions are not the same as yours doesn't mean they're wrong. And if I hadn't looked at the posts before, how could I know the conclusion I'd come to?

I'd like you to discuss this with me further.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 11:27 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

B_E just feels like lynch bait to me, an easy lynch without much thought because he's done basically nothing except for a dumb ass quick hammer. I think even my own scum read on him might be more based on that he's an easy lynch target and someone who isn't helpful rather than scummy.

@TSO: I agree that scum would normally give reasoning, where someone giving no reason feels more town, but dunham didn't seem to give a shit either. I think his no reasoning might just be null.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 11:29 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

Okay did feel kinda scummy (passive aggressive?).
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 11:31 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

I'm not a fan of SleepyKrew analysis of B_E, it feels forced and like he's got a bit of confirmation bias going on.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 11:38 am

Post by Egg »

Why is Tool's vote "super town"?

And no one has given a reason why the hammer was scummy yet. Like if you think it was intentional, tell me why scum would do that when Cho was probably going to be lynched anyway.

Preview edit: TSO, how do you figure scum never vote without reasons? I can probably go through my last five completed games and show you an example in each one. I agree with Bipolar that it's pretty null.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 11:39 am

Post by Egg »

In post 492, BipolarChemist wrote:I'm not a fan of SleepyKrew analysis of B_E, it feels forced and like he's got a bit of confirmation bias going on.
That's what happens when you ISO someone specifically looking for reasons why they are scum.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 11:39 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 482, Egg wrote:SK, I don't see any "panic" in Burning's play. Hell, the post about lynching him being the right play looks calm and accepting. Now that doesn't mean he's town, but I definitely don't read him as panicky. And of course I'm not ok with no lynch. If we were an hour from deadline, Burning was at L-1, and no other lynch was happening, I'd hammer in a heartbeat. I just don't buy that he's scum. And I know I could be wrong, which is why I'd deadline hammer, but I don't see the case at all. And it's getting hard to judge his posts because I'm doing it with the bias that there's already a case on him that I don't agree with.
He's gotten more and more lurky as the pressure has gotten more real. He went from "I'm probably the right lynch" to "this wagon on me is shit I'm not invested in this game"
Satisfied with your answers though. Completely unrelated time: when's the baby due?

BPC take a stance please
(how's your step-dad?)
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 11:40 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 494, Egg wrote:
In post 492, BipolarChemist wrote:I'm not a fan of SleepyKrew analysis of B_E, it feels forced and like he's got a bit of confirmation bias going on.
That's what happens when you ISO someone specifically looking for reasons why they are scum.
Oh is that what I was supposed to do? I just wanted to find an excuse to incorporate those pictures

YAY ACTIVITY
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 11:42 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

I'm gonna take the stance of I think there's a better lynch than B_E and I'm gonna stick with right where I am.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 11:44 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 497, BipolarChemist wrote:I'm gonna take the stance of I think there's a better lynch than B_E and I'm gonna stick with right where I am.
Reiterate case on Dun/me please?
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 11:54 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

Well I was mostly going off on Dun because of his Day 1 play. His vote on Cho felt scummy and overall I got the feeling that he didn't know what to post Day 1, rather than completely not giving a shit. I read that as scum because that's what I've done as scum.

I also think you're minor attack on me last page felt opportunistic and scummy, do you really think scum would say that they won't be posting then go and chit chat away elsewhere? Where's the scum motivation there? I don't see it. Pointing out a low activity level, seems out of place when there are so many other things for you to comment on, scum looking for something to say I think.

Then your tunnelling on B_E was just disappointing in terms of how hard you are conf biasing that shit.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”