Post by Fate »

Vote Count

Cogito Ergo Sum (0):
Vi (0):
Rhinox (0):
UncertainKitten (0):
Jahudo (1): Nachomamma
Lady Lambdadelta (0):
GreyICE (5): ToastyToast, Rhinox, Vi, CogitoES, Seraphim (L-2)
ToastyToast (2): Untrod Tripod, GreyICE
Antitown (0):
Kdub (0):
Untrod Tripod (2): Jahudo, Antitown
Seraphim (2): Kdub, Ladyλδ, UncertainKitten
Nachomamma (0):

Not voting:
Trying to go against the flow of all things:

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline: Thursday March 24th
Last edited by Fate on Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:05 am

Post by Jahudo »

I see that Vi has a UK case, I will look into this next when I get a moment. They both have looked town to me, so I will see if this changes anything.
GreyICE wrote:Um, when did I give those reads throughout the game? Did you read my reads list where I said Rhinox was town? And explained why he moved when he started posting more content? You are in there? I mean what?
But what changed between Rhinox saying things that rubs the wrong way, to Rhinox town? And when you call CES terrible town or scum are you trying to say he's good vig fodder?
GreyICE wrote:As for Seraphim, if Toasty flips town, I really don't have a desire to lynch him. I tracked down other town games with him in them. He's about this 'levelheaded,' toxic, and abrasive in those. Meta? I don't think so. I can see a town motive, at this point, for what he's doing. I think he really is trying to generate reads. And toasty? He's a scumread that shines like the eastern star.
Ok, is this a new opinion? I didn't see you talk about this before this post.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:13 am

Post by Rhinox »

ICE: I guess I'm just a little confused of your methods.

You say you don't care for metagaming, but thats basically why you're clearing seraph now when before you were sure he was town - pure meta. And I'm curious as to why you don't put forth that same level of investigation into your other suspects, namely toasty and VI. You've jumped around a lot, and haven't provided good justification for your changes in reads. Seems like you're making vague reasons up when pressed, which is something scum do when they don't actually have reasons. And come again regarding Vi's scum/town list? I don't see anything wrong with it :?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Rhinox »

EBWOP:
Rhinox wrote:...suspects, namely toasty and VI...
OH GOD WAIT NO I DIDN'T MEAN IT!
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:46 am

Post by GreyICE »

Jahudo wrote:
GreyICE wrote:Um, when did I give those reads throughout the game? Did you read my reads list where I said Rhinox was town? And explained why he moved when he started posting more content? You are in there? I mean what?

But what changed between Rhinox saying things that rubs the wrong way, to Rhinox town? And when you call CES terrible town or scum are you trying to say he's good vig fodder?
[/quote] I voted for Rhinox when he had one post in the thread. I changed my vote shortly thereafter. Is he right in absolutely everything he posts? No. Is he town? Yeah.

As for CES, I think the part where I said he'd be a great vig shot means that I'm pretty sure he'd be a great vig shot. If you've got no one else, shoot the person inputting nothing into the thread. Vi claims he has a 'master plan' but if so, it appears to be 'active lurk and annoy the piss out of people.'
Jahudo wrote:Ok, is this a new opinion? I didn't see you talk about this before this post.
What, you mean the part where I moved my vote, and want to lynch Toasty Toast straight out of this thread? Or the part where I... wait, what? I want toasty dead. Seraphim feels more town to me, but mostly I want toasty scum lynched today. And no way in hell is Seraphim scum with Toasty. I'll sit down and evaluate tomorrow after flips, but my vote is sitting just where I want it to be right now. If you're asking me to take blind shots in a vacuum, then Toasty will flip scum, and Vi looks like the most likely #2.
Rhinox wrote:ICE: I guess I'm just a little confused of your methods.

You say you don't care for metagaming, but thats basically why you're clearing seraph now when before you were sure he was town - pure meta. And I'm curious as to why you don't put forth that same level of investigation into your other suspects, namely toasty and VI. You've jumped around a lot, and haven't provided good justification for your changes in reads. Seems like you're making vague reasons up when pressed, which is something scum do when they don't actually have reasons. And come again regarding Vi's scum/town list? I don't see anything wrong with it :?
What? I have vague reasons why I think Vi is scummier than Seraphim? Do you want the breakdown? Or are you asking me who is the lynch today? 'cause that's Toasty. If you lynch Seraphim I'll be royally pissed.

Have you noticed no one is forming a counterwagon and everyone just seems content to lurk ? Yeah. This is a town wagon, Rhinox. Learn the fucking signs.

Toasty is scum. Want some fun quotes?
ToastyToast wrote:
UncertainKitten wrote:@Toasty: Let me put it this way. What good does it do town for your vote to be nowhere, at the moment? It's not like GI is at L-2 or something.
Why aren't you backing up your suspicions?
Voting someone isn't the only way to show suspicions. My no vote = not decided. If GreyICE says one more thing that makes me say "SCUM," then I'll vote him. For now, I'm still focussed on Seraphim but don't want him at L-1. Seriously, though, I don't understand your pressure on me to vote. You weren't voting Seraphim until recently, and Untrod Tripod isn't voting either.
For bonus points, go find out how active he was at putting "pressure" on Seraphim. Hint: He wasn't. Hint two: He's put no pressure on me. Has he done a single thing to move his 'case' forward? Or has he sat there and vaguely answered what I said and never asked me a single question? All he does is defend, even with his vote on me. He's never done a bit of active scumhunting, just 'warned' people.
ToastyToast wrote:I was about to do a scum list, but soo many people are null reads. I'll only post the people who are probably town and probably scum.

Town

Kdub:He posts little, but they all contribute. I'm moving him from a null read because of this.
UK: She's questioned pretty much everyone, and is actively scum hunting.
LLD: The vote on her isn't well thought out, and she isn't phased by the votes on her. She played the same way I would have in the given situation.

SCUM

GreyICE--Uses logic as a reason for votes that don't actually have much behind them; trying to lead town onto various people, then changing his mind when he sees that he doesn't have a chance.

Seraphim--he says he knows something about flavor, then doesn't tell us what he knows; Also,
Seraphim wrote:Logic has no place in a game of Mafia

Seraphim has been very hostile towards GreyICE, which is why I think only one of them can be scum.

Untrod Tripod: Out of all the lurkers, he has been the least productive. Hasn't come up with anything on his own......apparently he voted for me as I'm writing this. You haven't asked any questions of me. I don't vote often, and like to remain consistent. Terrible reason for a vote.

Also, just to appease you, UK, I
VOTE: GreyICE
I suspect him the most.
This is his vote post. For extra super points, note how much of his case against me later is ex post facto.

A lot.
...these are the people he's called scum: Seraphim, Me, Jahudo, CES, Antitown, and Rhinox (says he's waffling on this one)
Can I call your attention to this list again?

Jahudo - lies.
CES - Still posting crap in the thread, and no one can say otherwise.
Antitown - Said he needed to post more. At the time true. Apparently "needing to post more = scum."
Rhinox - lies.

So... uh... what's he done since this crap?

Go through his ISO. Count the number of posts simply devoted to deflecting attention. Look at his vote on me again!
Also, just to appease you, UK, I VOTE: GreyICE I suspect him the most.
HE DID IT TO DEFLECT ATTENTION!

What the balls, people! He's not flipping town!
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:07 am

Post by ToastyToast »

@GreyICE: I think you misread the quote in response to UK. I was questioning why she was pressuring me into a vote that I wasn't 100% sure about. And yes, much of my case is based on your reactions to the vote and to the case I began to form. The reaction just added to my scum-read, and thus I have become 100% sure of my vote. And I've already explained the list of people you've suspected clearly enough. You said it was a misrep, I responded by finding all the quotes in which you have suspected someone. This includes Rhinox, as an RVS vote isn't really an RVS vote at all if you place it down out of suspicion.

Question: What is your scum-read on Vi relying most on? The "uselessness" of his posts, his attack on you and agreement with me, or something else?
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:36 am

Post by GreyICE »

ToastyToast wrote:@GreyICE: I think you misread the quote in response to UK. I was questioning why she was pressuring me into a vote that I wasn't 100% sure about. And yes, much of my case is based on your reactions to the vote and to the case I began to form. The reaction just added to my scum-read, and thus I have become 100% sure of my vote. And I've already explained the list of people you've suspected clearly enough. You said it was a misrep, I responded by finding all the quotes in which you have suspected someone. This includes Rhinox, as an RVS vote isn't really an RVS vote at all if you place it down out of suspicion.

Question: What is your scum-read on Vi relying most on? The "uselessness" of his posts, his attack on you and agreement with me, or something else?
1) IoA
2) Setup analysis that really didn't end up anywhere, yet kept coming up for pages
3) Lack of commitment, favoring questions and probing over pushing scum and clearing town. Feels more like probing for a mislynch than hunting scum
4) Violent OMGUS response to me questioning him

For examples:
Lady Lambdadelta wagon:
*Untrod Tripod
*Antitown
*UncertainKitten
*Cogito Ergo Sum
*Seraphim
*Nachomamma8

UT and Antitown had random votes.
As mentioned before, I don't really agree with UK's reasons for voting LLD, though LLD validated the vote-based reason by jumping on CES soon afterward. I don't really mind LLD spending so much time defending the red text (since it DID become an issue) and as said before I got the opposite hunch on LLD's bounty talk.
lol, CES. As soon as LLD became a hot wagon he jumped over.
The wagon pretty much lingered there until Seraphim voted her for asking for a claim, etc., etc.

Of the four votes that were made based on anything LLD did in this game, the only one that really runs counter to what I was already thinking is UK's. Nacho trolls as every alignment, unless I'm mistaken.
This is a hell of a lot of lines of text that mean... uh... nothing. Nada. Nofink. This was a whole lot of empty space masquerading as town-like posting.

Second half:
Seraphim wagon.
*Kdub
(*ToastyToast)
*Vi
(*Cogito Ergo Sum)
*GreyICE
*Lady Lambdadelta
*UncertainKitten

Kdub called Seraphim on his flavorscumfishing, which I agree with. (This was before Seraphim claimed inside information.)
Toasty called Seraphim on not revealing his softclaimed information. It's not a bad reason for a vote, but most of his talk before, during, and after the vote were based on flavor and mechanics as well, so etc.
Vi voted Seraphim because of the flavorfishing and not doing anything else productive.
lol, CES.
GreyICE voted Seraphim for waffling and because Seraphim said that he was backpedaling.
LLD voted Seraphim because of his out-of-place jokeposts.
UK voted because... I'm not sure, aside from calling LLD a rolefisher for asking for a claim.

These UK votes actually look bad in retrospect.

Also and actually, I think I understand what CES is doing. I think it should be okay to leave him be for the time being.
It's a nice long bunch of HOT AIR. THERE IS NO CONTENT THERE. It's all
INFORMATION.
The only piece of analysis offered was "I think I understand what CES is doing." That. is. it. And does ANYONE else understand what CES is doing? NOT ME.

That many words devoted to telling me JACK SHIT says scum trying to give us reasons to vote, not town trying to figure out whose scum. Like 3/4ths of the ISO has that level of 'content.'

As for your list, lets go back a second. You keep defending what you said.
Do you admit that I don't think everyone on that list is scum, and had said so before you made your post?

Yes or no, toasty?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Kdub »

Vi wrote:Search Nacho's posts onsite and tell me if you still think better.
Hmm...he does seem to be more active elsewhere than here. I see why this could be suspicious, but didn't someone (it might have been you?) mention that he's played this way as town before?
UncertainKitten wrote:@Kdub: I told you already. That whole "lining up lynches" "tell" is silly.
Fine, but do you think that makes GreyICE scummy? When you said you weren't liking his recent posts, that's the impression I got.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:09 am

Post by ToastyToast »

I admit that I misread your views of Antitown (and already did so earlier). You still suspected Rhinox, CES, and Jahudo. Whether or not the Jahudo thing was an actual mistake can be accepted/not accepted by any player, but I have read it as an initial mistake followed by a "clear town read" to distract people from it later.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:11 am

Post by ToastyToast »

@MOD
Vote-count is incorrect. GreyICE is voting me.

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:16 am

Post by GreyICE »

ToastyToast wrote:I admit that I misread your views of Antitown (and already did so earlier). You still suspected Rhinox, CES, and Jahudo. Whether or not the Jahudo thing was an actual mistake can be accepted/not accepted by any player, but I have read it as an initial mistake followed by a "clear town read" to distract people from it later.
It was a mistake. It was provably late at night, and I fucked two players up.

That leaves me down to Rhinox (after he made one post in the thread, which he later cleared up by making more posts) and CES (who no one has ever said why I should think is town, short of 'lol herp derp I see what he's doing lawlz'). And you can add Nacho for the amazing content he's added to the thread.

Wow, amazing way my scumlist is narrowing down to 2 definite reads and 2 "maybes."

But make me giggle. Assume for a second I'm town ('cause I am). What's the scummiest vote on this wagon? Do some scumhunting for me, I'd kind of like to see what yours looks like.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

GreyICE and Toasty are making this game a pain in the ass to read.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Vi wrote:CES's avatar is incorrect.
The fish provides irony.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

GreyICE wrote:But make me giggle. Assume for a second I'm town ('cause I am). What's the scummiest vote on this wagon? Do some scumhunting for me, I'd kind of like to see what yours looks like.
Hmmm. If you are town, then probably Seraphim. Why? Strategic vote move when your wagon started to grow, and largely an OMGUS vote. My thoughts that the two of you can't be scum together still stands. I can see why Vi's posts look scummy to you, but they are by no means useless.
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:GreyICE and Toasty are making this game a pain in the ass to read.
We were both in RAGE mode at that time. Its passed, at least for me. I apologize.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vi wrote:Ordering is roughly correct, but I didn't put a lot of thought into it.
Explain what you were trying to say with this.
Vi wrote:]Pretty big talk.
There's no sense in waiting now - go ahead, say what you have.
If there wasn't sense in waiting, then I wouldn't be doing it.
Vi wrote:I don't follow.
Read the quote again.

Vi, do those questions you asked me have a purpose?
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:GreyICE and Toasty are making this game a pain in the ass to read.
Please don't say things like this.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

@Kdub: I answered that too. At best it's stupid. At worst it's scummy. I don't have enough information to determine which yet. Well, let me rephrase that. I haven't analyzed the information enough to determine which yet.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Antitown
Antitown
Goon
Antitown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by Antitown »

Vi wrote:You mean aside from the bad cases on Toast and me I've been calling him on for some large number of pages now? You've read his iso, now read mine.
OK, got to do that later, though.
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vi wrote:Ordering is roughly correct, but I didn't put a lot of thought into it.
Explain what you were trying to say with this.
Vi wrote:]Pretty big talk.
There's no sense in waiting now - go ahead, say what you have.
If there wasn't sense in waiting, then I wouldn't be doing it.
Vi wrote:I don't follow.
Read the quote again.

Vi, do those questions you asked me have a purpose?
Please don't say things like this.
*jeopardy music playing*
As life fades away, time continues unceasingly, until all is consumed by darkness.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:28 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

You are Antitown, aren't you?

Ohohohoho.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Vi »

--- @
UK

UK 470 wrote:So, yeah, happy?
I don't mind your RL situation, but see Rhinox 472.
Also, I love how evidently calling you on a lack of scumhunting is "going for the low-hanging fruit".

--- On
GreyICE
, with a side of Seraphim

I mentioned after LLD vs. Seraphim that I was more interested in looking elsewhere, and I lost interest. Part of that was because of Jahudo #11 and part of that was because of this:
Seraphim #39 wrote:I do, however, disagree about your conclusion, which shouldn't come as a shock. I personally think my wagon has stagnated and, with GreyICE removing his vote, has a high likelihood of stagnating and dying in not too long...or perhaps I'm a bit optimistic. But even then, it's clear that moving his vote to a new wagon looks pro-active and town and he certainly isn't harming himself by making a move like that.
which I agree with.

It's not that he's posted anything else better since then; no novellas full of reads and delicious morsels. I just don't care about him right now.
GreyICE 473 wrote:You have to go half way up her scum-town list to find someone she thought was "probably scum."
Forget the Boondock Saints av, you need a Glenn Beck av.
Or were you expecting me to list nine people as possible scum?

And how does that compare with, say, your #12?
GreyICE 479 wrote:Vi claims he has a 'master plan'
...I do? I don't remember saying anything of the sort in the last ten pages :?

Blah blah GreyICE is still guilty of the false dilemma he's accusing Toasty of etc. etc. etc.
GreyICE 479 wrote:
Toasty wrote:...these are the people he's called scum: Seraphim, Me, Jahudo, CES, Antitown, and Rhinox (says he's waffling on this one)
CES - Still posting crap in the thread, and no one can say otherwise.
Oh, this is you calling CES scum again.~

--- @
Jahudo
about UK

Jahudo - On UK -
*Lack of content for ~five days
**Including no
official
opinion of GreyICE given this quote
Vi #15 wrote:
UK 274 wrote:I sympathize with Vi on this issue. I was basically in your
[GreyICE's]
shoes last game I played with her
[Vi, Objection! Redux]
, so.
And remind me of your alignment in that game.
[UK was scum in Objection! Redux; I was Town]
and engaging in a lengthy conversation vs. Rhinox about finding the case on GreyICE to be bad
*Votes on LLD and Seraphim wagons:
Vi #20 wrote:As mentioned before, I don't really agree with UK's reasons for voting LLD, though LLD validated the vote-based reason by jumping on CES soon afterward. I don't really mind LLD spending so much time defending the red text (since it DID become an issue) and as said before I got the opposite hunch on LLD's bounty talk.

(...)

UK voted because... I'm not sure, aside from calling LLD a rolefisher for asking for a claim.
and her parked vote on Seraphim

--- About
Vi
, specifically the case on me

Case on me:

1) IIoA, in re: wagon analyses
I did those specifically because GreyICE asked me to do them.
Read that again.
I'm being accused of doing something by the person who asked me to do it.

As for it being useless in the end, it depends on who you're talking to. I figured out what CES was doing (I think), and it was what got me to start seriously looking at UK. If nothing else, it helped me. :\

2) Setup analysis that didn't end anywhere
Saying that it "kept going for pages" kind of ignores the fact that it was there for... two posts. And one more because Nacho+UK asked about it. And it's not like it was all I was doing during that time.

3) Lack of commitment - Actually not a bad accusation.
I don't have a lot of solid Town reads in this game, as my previous post suggests. Most of the people ITT choose not to converse like normal human beings. I've had to repeat myself over the course of the game in order to get people to answer my questions, and it's still not working. Given that I don't think most people here are terminally retarded, I'm left to assume that people are deliberately ignoring them (or giving nonanswers). I don't ask BAD questions; if I'm wrong on that, someone tell me. So my reads are for 10/13 people more or less guessing their motivations. The only thing I CAN do is keep trying to press people.

It doesn't help that I'm not dealing with this thread in anything close to real-time; distancing me from rapid repartee, giving me the chance to forget what I'm doing, and forcing me to make these silly wallposts. That's not something that can be helped right now though.

4) OMGUS
:?
*looks at no small part of my previous posts*
Raise your hand if you buy this.

--- @
Kdub

Kdub 482 wrote:Hmm...he does seem to be more active elsewhere than here. I see why this could be suspicious, but didn't someone (it might have been you?) mention that he's played this way as town before?
I said that he trolls as any alignment, which has nothing to do with it.

So you're trying to pass it off as a null tell on someone you said you were leaning scum on. Is this correct?

--- @
Nacho

Nacho 489 wrote:Explain what you were trying to say with
[the ordering being roughly correct]
The words don't lie. I made that list late at night, came back to it in the morning and it still looked good. I didn't spend much time agonizing over whether LLD was scummier than Jahudo or anything like that. If I were to do it again I would add a | above Antitown.
Nacho 489 wrote:If there wasn't sense in waiting
[for Jahudo to make more scummy posts after announcing that I'm about to make a case on him]
, then I wouldn't be doing it.
1) I'm skeptical of any case that's made in advance of future posting (that isn't associated with policy lynching).
2) Given that I'm willing to put Jahudo on the Townshelf Today I'd rather hear what you have in nonvague terms.
3) I question if you have anything substantial right now.

Re: the Toastyquote - Okay, I do follow this time. But see below.

Re: My questions having any purpose - I'm assuming you're asking about the questions I asked you in the past.
*CES' reaction to your Jahudo vote, thoughts?
I asked that question largely because of how you immediately called CES Town afterward. Seeing the two posts side-by-side threw me, and I asked if the feedback from someone you thought was Town changed anything. In retrospect, and at risk of giving GreyICE more garbage to throw at me, that question was unnecessary.

*My :o reaction to 382: "Sera, Toasty is just today's bounty, he's not actually scum."
Bewilderment at a comment that didn't make sense at the time.
Again, after spending about forty seconds thinking about it, this question was also unnecessary. But this implies that Toasty is Town... I guess I can go with that for the time being.

Regardless, that's... actually really terrible on my part. v.v

--- You know what this is
Rhinox 477 wrote:VI
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:51 pm

@Vi: It's pretty obvious what I mean by that, and you should also know better.

Rhinox 472 is utterly stupid and I ignored it. Since you've chosen to bring it up, guess what? It WAS relevant to the game. Not to mention the fact that "reading a half dozen GI posts" may have been possible, but it would have been JUST reading. There wouldn't have been time for full analysis. ADD to that the fact that a half dozen posts doesn't do a whole lot to get a read when you're trying to re evaluate someone. So, sure, I could have read a half dozen GI posts.
It wouldn't have done a damn thing to advance my read of him

Also, in the time it took Rhinox to post that, he could have rubbed two brain cells together and realized the above.

@Vi: You've cited the wrong game. Completely forgot about Objection. I was referring to Encore. Hope that clarifies?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:53 pm

EBWOP: Rather, the part of Rhinox 472 concerning me.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by Vi »

Re: "Low-hanging fruit" - You were asking for a free pass on scumhunting because of schedule issues I didn't know about.

Re: Not paying attention to GreyICE - Well, you've been here for a while so far given the very quick response and your earlier post this night, so it seems like you've had time tonight. Plus what are you trying to do with "full analysis"?

Re: "Being in GreyICE's shoes" - Actually, it doesn't clarify. Help please.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Vi wrote:--- About
Vi
, specifically the case on me

Case on me:

1) IIoA, in re: wagon analyses
I did those specifically because GreyICE asked me to do them.
Read that again.
I'm being accused of doing something by the person who asked me to do it.

As for it being useless in the end, it depends on who you're talking to. I figured out what CES was doing (I think), and it was what got me to start seriously looking at UK. If nothing else, it helped me. :\

2) Setup analysis that didn't end anywhere
Saying that it "kept going for pages" kind of ignores the fact that it was there for... two posts. And one more because Nacho+UK asked about it. And it's not like it was all I was doing during that time.

3) Lack of commitment - Actually not a bad accusation.
I don't have a lot of solid Town reads in this game, as my previous post suggests. Most of the people ITT choose not to converse like normal human beings. I've had to repeat myself over the course of the game in order to get people to answer my questions, and it's still not working. Given that I don't think most people here are terminally retarded, I'm left to assume that people are deliberately ignoring them (or giving nonanswers). I don't ask BAD questions; if I'm wrong on that, someone tell me. So my reads are for 10/13 people more or less guessing their motivations. The only thing I CAN do is keep trying to press people.

It doesn't help that I'm not dealing with this thread in anything close to real-time; distancing me from rapid repartee, giving me the chance to forget what I'm doing, and forcing me to make these silly wallposts. That's not something that can be helped right now though.

4) OMGUS
:?
*looks at no small part of my previous posts*
Raise your hand if you buy this.
1) Yes Vi, I would have liked to see some
analysis.
You instead told me
information.
What people said when they voted. I can find this by reading the thread. What you think of that? Lacking. It's been lacking in every one of your posts. It was what I was looking for. You're not doing any analysis of the thread, you're summarizing and popping me information. There was ONE line of analysis, maybe two if you count the CES line (I understand what he's doing... GOOD ANALYSIS). Everything else was "X said Y when they voted. B voted because of C." Yes, that's a good way to fill lots of space.

It has no substance. It's just space filler.

2) I'd be happier with it if you were doing more solid analysis this game. It just feels like the only thing you've really mulled over.

3) :? This is about the third time you've agreed with something I've said and then concluded I have no point at the end. Well... okay. Cool.

4) It's really funny 'cause I was pushing you before you voted for me. So, huh? My psychic powers are vastly overrated if you think I foresaw your vote.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Post by Vi »

GreyICE wrote:1) Yes Vi, I would have liked to see some
analysis.
You instead told me
information.
What people said when they voted. I can find this by reading the thread. What you think of that? Lacking. It's been lacking in every one of your posts. It was what I was looking for. You're not doing any analysis of the thread, you're summarizing and popping me information. There was ONE line of analysis, maybe two if you count the CES line (I understand what he's doing... GOOD ANALYSIS). Everything else was "X said Y when they voted. B voted because of C." Yes, that's a good way to fill lots of space.

It has no substance. It's just space filler.

2) I'd be happier with it if you were doing more solid analysis this game. It just feels like the only thing you've really mulled over.

3) :? This is about the third time you've agreed with something I've said and then concluded I have no point at the end. Well... okay. Cool.

4) It's really funny 'cause I was pushing you before you voted for me. So, huh? My psychic powers are vastly overrated if you think I foresaw your vote.
1) The format of the post was originally to list what everyone did, and then analyze it.
I found that both wagons were cut-and-dry except for what I mentioned afterward, namely in re: UK and CES as well as the later comment about parked votes on the Seraphim wagon. Looking at it again, I can try to goofball it, claim there are two scum on both wagons, and basically make stuff up that fits my preconceived notions, but let's not.

Make my day. Do better.

2) What do you define as "analysis"? Would it perhaps have to do with looking at your posts and pointing out where you're contradicting yourself?

3) Even a broken clock, etc.

4) Ah good, you're reaffirming that voting someone who is attacking you is a scumtell.
Here I thought that kind of obviously useless tell died a much-deserved death in 2008.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”