PYP 4: New Homes, Same Problems (Day 5)

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Holy shit, I think Gundian just nailed the scumteam!
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Hoopla wrote:Holy shit, I think Gundian just nailed the scumteam!
Its not a horrible list, and its more evidence as to why he is town.

Also im sorry but I will probably keep calling you Giardia. My spelling is atrocious, and my normal name remembering tricks are not working with your name, I cant make it shorter, and I cant even pronounce it. Im sticking to something that is close, people will know, and that I will be able to use consistancy.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Guderian »

at least go with G or Gud please, It may not be much to you but It does mean something to me.
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Will go with Gud then, although if I post while really tired or have been drinking no promises. Given what these next few weeks hold that may happen a few times.
Co-host of The USL Show
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by Hoopla »

The outcome might not be completely horrible, but the methodology is laughable;
Guderian wrote:Now bear with me. Something about gandalfs 'three adhd's or whatever' seemed to ring through. *cue calls of buddying.* Something about his posts seemed sincere. So for now I am going to eliminate 12 from this list.
Guderian wrote: In my mind, benmage has been acting scummy. The numbers fit So, ben is in as well. thats two scum. Now, scum want to space out a bit, to ensure optimal placement.
Come onnnnnn Llama....

~ it gets better;
Guderian wrote: Now, in previous games, scum have ALWAYS gone for 1,2. I see no reason this game would be different.
Ergo, volkan is one of the scum. It also bodes well for this case that his y numbers is not a one.
Guderian wrote: Hoopla 10,1
Le Cupcake 10,6
Jack 11,1
xvart 11,7
Fate 13,1
PranaDevil 13,10

Not too sure about this one. Will need more time, but my best guess would be from the 10 'neighborhood'.
Guderian wrote:with this, here is my scum team
volkan
benmage
chk
hoopla/le cupcake
rabies/iam

I will happily join a bandwagon on any of these people. I will not join a bandwagon, or support in the slightest, one on anyone else. And the fact chk has done nothing but come in and randomly vote me is pretty scumtastic from my point of view.

unvote

vote: chkflip
It's funny that he deduces vollkan must be scum, yet puts his vote elsewhere. It's funny that he is not completely sure who is scum in the top numbers, has a guess, then decides he will not support any other bandwagon than the ones he chose. I seriously don't even know why I'm typing this all out, because it's obvious he's just pulling this from his ass, because he feels like this is what is expected of him (it isn't). Is it scummy? Maybe. Although, it looks more like a newbie under pressure trying to figure out what the right thing to say is, and then say it, even if he doesn't get it.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by Jack »

Calls of "buddying"? Buddying is scum-to-town.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by Guderian »

I have identified 3 people I reasonably sure am scum. I placed my vote on one of them. Why is this scummy? I dont have five votes.

By the way, you ad hom argument that i'm a newbie, i.e. too dumb to figure anything out, is noted. Not sure why you put that in there other to debase my argument not on its merits but on 'me'.
It's funny that he is not completely sure who is scum in the top numbers, has a guess,
I told you who they were. Which part of my post is not completely sure.
then decides he will not support any other bandwagon than the ones he chose.
Why would I support a bandwagon on someone i dont think is scum?

I think I will the slash now and put you in there with the scum. Those two posts are horrific, really strange, wishy washy and passive aggressive. thanks for making it obvious though.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by Guderian »

@ jack :Calls of "buddying"? Buddying is scum-to-town.

what word would you of liked me to use there?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Guderian wrote: I told you who they were. Which part of my post is not completely sure.
Guderian wrote: Hoopla 10,1
Le Cupcake 10,6
Jack 11,1
xvart 11,7
Fate 13,1
PranaDevil 13,10

Not too sure about this one. Will need more time, but my best guess would be from the 10 'neighborhood'.
Seems dumb to lock in on a short list of players at the end of your post when your logic is on par with "hmm, 10 sounds about right". Just saying.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Hoopla wrote:Although, it looks more like a newbie under pressure trying to figure out what the right thing to say is, and then say it, even if he doesn't get it.
Thats what im reading, but I still have it coming from town who is just really confused about what is going on and trying to figure out how to stop getting attacked. The fact that he is not really going for all the hot topics reads as slight town as well. I just cant get my head around how his early posts didnt come from town, they read as new town who figured people would like him due to having first pick, realized it wasnt going to help him and freaked out.
Co-host of The USL Show
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by xvart »

Guderian, 350 wrote:Also to that 'wagoning', I was responding to DrippingGoofball, as you can see about my comment about the fruit vendor. Maybe its not at first obvious, but its what I was saying. The two quotes were jutxaposed to show Fate the error of his ways.
Wait just a second. You responding to DGB in which called for a wagon on yourself by referencing Benmage's vote on Andy? Please explain this timeline and thought process in greater detail, because it makes no sense to me.
Guderian, 350 wrote:Now, knowing this, Do you think I am blatantly lying about what I was saying, or are you deliberately trying to paint me in a way that you hope others will find scummy to force a mislynch?
lol. I'm trying to figure out if you are lying, but your clarification to the above question will be helpful in determining this.
vollkan, 353 wrote:By "tell" I meant Llama's action being scummy. To rephrase, if SS didn't think it was scummy, it's reasonable for him to say so. There's also the obvious argument that it's sometimes better to let people respond for themselves, but in practice most people don't adhere to that strictly.
Generally speaking, yes. But he doesn't have a clue about what he was assuming.
Guderian wrote:Do you consider the points valid or not?
It isn't valid because you have no comparison sample except the two people you gave points to.
gandalf5166, 418 wrote:Wow lol. And if I was scum, fakeclaiming, what results could you have gotten out of the top four that would have changed your perception of me at all? If one of them HAD claimed GS, I could still be scum who tried for GS. Or just a lucky bastard. Or they could be my scumbuddy. And if none of them had, the real GS could have just been semi-intelligent and realized that claiming GS did ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOTHING FOR TOWN.
Or, if you were scum, your predecessor could have picked Gunsmith and been denied, which you would know.
Parama, 435 wrote:Well then I'll say that xvart doesn't tend to be a joker in mafia games, at least from my experience (no offense to xvart).
None taken.
Le Cupcake, 460 wrote:Gandalf is scum via this. Play this game matches up pretty well to play in this game. Not to mention what xvart pointed out.
Can you briefly describe the similarities?

Sooooo... Can we stop discussing the number theory and actually... you know... scum hunt. We have people committing some serious scumtells and they are just getting a pass because all of this number nonsense with no substance to give it any girth.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

We have people committing some serious scumtells and they are just getting a pass because all of this number nonsense with no substance to give it any girth.
Names. I don't give too much care to the "serious scumtells" - we'll need an explicit list of names.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:59 pm

Post by xvart »

inHimshallibe, 486 wrote:Names. I don't give too much care to the "serious scumtells" - we'll need an explicit list of names.
Well: Gandalf has lied when put on the spot; Gurdian appears to be backpedaling about his calling for a wagon while not having a vote (but I suppose in fairness I should wait for him to clarify).

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:01 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Oh. Well I'd say those two are getting plenty of attention right now.

Which should we lynch first?
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:30 pm

Post by Guderian »

Wait just a second. You responding to DGB in which called for a wagon on yourself by referencing Benmage's vote on Andy? Please explain this timeline and thought process in greater detail, because it makes no sense to me..

there are two parts to that post. THE FIRST is the two quotes juxtaposed. THE SECOND is in response to DGB bwing me, and I believe I said this could be seen by the fact I was also asking her what in gods name the fruit vendor was. It was a sarcastic comment because at that time everyone and their grandmother was hoping on my wagon.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:31 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Show

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:32 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

bah cropping fail. WE MOVE ON.
Show

:

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

inHimshallibe wrote:
We have people committing some serious scumtells and they are just getting a pass because all of this number nonsense with no substance to give it any girth.
Names. I don't give too much care to the "serious scumtells" - we'll need an explicit list of names.
Benmage for probably about the zillionth time. HAVE YOU READ HIM IN ISO? You are not voting him so I can only assume and hope the answer is no given that you are not voting him. Correct your flaws vote scum/bus your buddy, we can all move on.

Gud is beyond obvious town, no one else in the top four is really that scummy. Others are, they get lynched, we move on. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!

Quite a few people, enough to start a noticeable wagon at least have agreed with me over time that he is scum. Lets actually start this wagon and lynch scum instead of just wandering around aimlessly like we are now only to end up with a deadline VI lynch.
Co-host of The USL Show
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:44 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

deadline VI lynch.
As opposed to other Benmage lynches?

With Guderian I still lean to that he is scrambling.
Show

:

Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:27 pm

Post by Fate »

inHimshallibe wrote:Image
This is a pretty sweet image, and normally I'd come in here with caps saying 'you rang?' or something loud like that.

But
consider me LA
not the normal sort of LA where I can't get on often, but the emotionally drained LA where... well you know. Let's just say I wasn't on a plane to paradise, it was to hell, but I went anyway because I had to.

Now give me some time to get back to my old self.

In the mean time:
Guderian-Lean town=Hoopla=more scum
Note how a lot of her recent posts have been of the "this is what hooplascum would do and hooplascum would not bus etc. etc." since that is her mindset and not so much who is scum etc.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:32 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

inHimshallibe wrote:
deadline VI lynch.
As opposed to other Benmage lynches?
So you consider Benmage a VI lynch? So you think he is town?
Co-host of The USL Show
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:17 am

Post by PranaDevil »

C'mon Llama, Guderian is beyond obvious town? He's scum, that much is for certain.

Gandalf could possibly be scum, but even then he could just have fudged what he was saying spectacularly. I'm pretty sure Fate would remember my fuck up in SEII where I completely ballsed up my claim and was (rightly) lynched for it. I was of course town.

But Benmage, Hoopla and Guderian need to be chosen from for today's lynch.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:41 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Hoopla wrote:It's funny that he deduces vollkan must be scum, yet puts his vote elsewhere. It's funny that he is not completely sure who is scum in the top numbers, has a guess, then decides he will not support any other bandwagon than the ones he chose. I seriously don't even know why I'm typing this all out, because it's obvious he's just pulling this from his ass, because he feels like this is what is expected of him (it isn't). Is it scummy? Maybe. Although, it looks more like a newbie under pressure trying to figure out what the right thing to say is, and then say it, even if he doesn't get it.
Hush, Guderian is bus'ing the weak member of the scum team. It's the sort of thing we need to encourage.

Let's lynch chkflip and crack this thing wide open.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:25 am

Post by chkflip »

He didn't buss anything, I just recently played a game with Gud where he did the same thing. And that was when we were both town. The fact that you can't seem to keep my username away from your fingers, though, is something to note. AfR much?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Ellibereth »

/I'm here guys.
I have to go somewhere again now though...will catch up tonight...

I KNOW I DID THIS IN MAGICIAN'S TOO FATE BUT ETC.
I'LL ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING
PROMISE.
FLASH OF GREEN

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”