jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

but you would want scum to kill a roleblocker?

Fur: Fair enough... It seemed to me you were trying to dirty me. My mistake..

As for jumping on the Mallow wagon, well at the time I was convinced he was a good lynch... you will see after he claims I do research on the claimed role and call him out as not on the side of ghostbusters. And even provide a link as evidence...

The third party talk is what made me unvote.. as we hunt scum first, not 3rd party. I later realized he actually had not claimmed 3rd party like someone (cant remember if it was reck or CT right now) had been trying to make out

As for Sotty/Zang... I just don't really see enough evidence to convince me right now.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by LimMePls »

sottyrulez wrote:Coach Travis is also town.
Explain please. Cause I definitely don't see this for all the reasons I've pointed out.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by XScorpion »

...Just realized that drshotty is in this game and is still alive.
vote: drshotty

Can you give me a non-sheeping argument for your vote?
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by sottyrulez »

LynchMePls wrote:
Explain please. Cause I definitely don't see this for all the reasons I've pointed out.
He's playing a very open game, and all of his "scumslips" aren't really scumslips at all. I've seen him play in a newbie game before, and the wording of his posts were twitchy like this, but I do think that he's very open town.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by Furcolow »

jasonT1981 wrote:but you would want scum to kill a roleblocker?

Fur: Fair enough... It seemed to me you were trying to dirty me. My mistake..

As for jumping on the Mallow wagon, well at the time I was convinced he was a good lynch... you will see after he claims I do research on the claimed role and call him out as not on the side of ghostbusters. And even provide a link as evidence...

The third party talk is what made me unvote.. as we hunt scum first, not 3rd party. I later realized he actually had not claimmed 3rd party like someone (cant remember if it was reck or CT right now) had been trying to make out

As for Sotty/Zang... I just don't really see enough evidence to convince me right now.
"fair enough" you say? if you're relenting, why have you yet to unvote? you are leaving scummy players the ability to devise some made up "argument" to lynch me. I am not BloodCovenant, and I have no idea why he was playing the way he was. He was playing like a plum idiot. It's good he didn't take any spotlight, but he could have at least tried to make a case or two.

The evidence doesn't come from their slot, and I'll give that it could be Coach Trav scum trying to buddy with a townie, so I'm willing to even lynch reck on d2 as opposed to Zang if people convince me.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by Furcolow »

LynchMePls wrote:
wow. ignore my last post, this is terrible. I didn't even see that. WTF. How is this guy alive? lol...

coach travis first, then sottyrules, what do you say lynchmepls? i find your slot to be the most obvtown, so you should definitely lead us today, in case the mafia kill you tonight.

@anyone: is it time for me to claim/nameclaim?

going to finish up pages 15-19
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by Furcolow »

LynchMePls wrote:The back and forth between you two is distracting and not in the town's best interest. Please knock it off.

BC's vote on Taz, then vote on Taz's slot, then ISO of CT, then /barn my case without actually admitting he was /barn on my case (even though he implies my slot is scummy) is noted. That was a really strange sequence of posts from BC.

@BC: Did you realize that I made that exact case already? What do you think about my case? If you agree with it, then do you admit that I'm scum hunting, since I'm the one that started the line of inquiry on CT in the first place? If so, then why do you think my slot is scummy? What exactly about Taz's play do you think was scummy? Quotes would be appreciated.
I agree with him telling you all to knock it off.

I also agree that BC doing that was stupid. I feel like he was under pressure by TIME, as someone who needs to use their vote for the greater good of the town, and he said he had business to attend to in his personal life in relation to work.

I would not over-analyze this and "find it scummy", although I definitely agree that you guys should have read into that at the time. Scummy does not always equal scum, and he must have really just been busy. Should he have flip-flopped? No. Would I have flip flopped? No. I would have staid on the wagon he was already on. You all act like him shifting his vote to Coach Travis was a new (OR BAD!) thing. It isn't. Coach Travis's play has been HORRIBLY scummy. He is obviously buddying and is jumping on whatever wagon he can.
Starbuck wrote:I completely agree with you. That's why I asked jason to stop, but I'm not going to sit back and not defend myself if he's going to act like that.
I agree with you not wanting to back down, but when you know something is town on town, just ignore it. It really detracts from the town and takes our attention away from who is actually scum arguing poorly or trying to actively lurk.
Scott Brosius wrote:Starbuck (as town) got lynched in my other game which just ended for this same stupid argument. While I agree that this spot needs more participation, it is null.

sotty: Do you feel we should lynch a lurker today (since 2 are on your main suspect list) To me, lynching lurkers D1 proves unhelpful especially given a town flip, as the interactions to go off of are limited. Also you are right, I forgot to follow up on BC. I shifted my focus to mallow. Looking at one game, BC seemed erratic and emotional as town so it's null in retrospect.

GW: I do tend to discuss playstyle ad nauseum D1 just to get a feel of how people approach scum-hunting. For me, it helps when looking back to see certain motivations or reasoning for scum-hunting.

I'm still good with lynching mallow. I still really find that helpless woe is me reaction to one vote really telling, and his claim just seems off. In a way it makes sense since mass roleblock could equate to Peck's constant attempts to shut down the Ghostbusters. But I cannot see it being town-aligned.
Coach Travis wrote:Alright,, I realize I've spent way too much time on the defensive, so now I'll give my thoughts on some players, and recent stuff.
Something doesn't sit right with me about this. Almost seems like you are vocalizing you realize you are looking scummy, so you should start scum-hunting.
This post REALLY feels town to me. He is likely a townie, or a Veteran. I like this post enough to put Scott into my "townie" category from my "leaning town". I hope you take even more spotlight, bro.
jasonT1981 wrote:
XScorpion wrote:
For one, it's altogether too scummy to be a safe-claim.
There it is again. Why does everyone insist on defending people by saying they're too scummy to be scum?
Has anyone also considered the possibility that he's scum and was given a fake-claim?

or just made one up... though if he were scum, why would he not say he could block scum kills? I believe the claim... I think. I do not see any scum motives in the claim. If he was scum, he would lie and say he could block the kill.
I disagree, but I'm not really arguing. This is WIFOM. If I was scum and made that absurd claim (I wouldn't have the nuts), I would definitely still want our faction to seem like it had it's kill, so we could make it. I don't believe people would read that much into it, but it appears you believe that would read into it too much for them to be flipping scum... you would then drink the glass in front of yourself... right?
XScorpion wrote:And would you believe him? A town role that stops night kills without having to target a player seems way too overpowered.
Didn't think of this, but that is a very good point.
LynchMePls wrote:
Coach Travis wrote:Alright,, I realize I've spent way too much time on the defensive, so now I'll give my thoughts on some players, and recent stuff.

First off, I like sottyrulez:His latest post was really good, exactly the type of thing I like to see, as he shares thoughts on several players, giving good ideas of who he finds suspicious and why, and who isn't so suspicious. Plus he ended with a vote, and I liked that one as well, trying to start something on a player who's been relatively unnoticed so far. Town read for him so far. Also, nice to see someone else got the same vibe out of Taz.
Hey look, CT is buddying. What a shock...

Glad you picked up on this too. I find myself making the same reads as you.

Coach Travis wrote:Also good to see GhostWriter with a much better post after being called out. I'm really not sure of him so far though, as he hasn't really done enough for me to get a read, but it was good to see him attempt scumhunting in his last post. Though I don't really agree with the case on Xscorpion, he doesn't seem tremendously scummy to me
You think it is good for him to make a post after being called out? I think it smacks of active lurking scum. He is reading the thread, and he responds when specifically prompted, but he provides no other content. What part was an attempted scumhunting?

He's generally being unhelpful.

Coach Travis wrote:I agree that Starbuck is getting a bit ridiculous. I realize she's away, but if she has the time to make as many silly posts as has, she has time for content. Only reason she wouldn't want to contribute is if she's scum. I'll give her time to see if she picks it up when her vacation's over, but so far she seems scummy.
I still <3 my vote. Others should join up, this wagon is a go.
Scum = wishy washy wagon pushers
Coach Travis's willingness to push any wagon = wishy washy voting
Coach Travis = scum
Revote for emphasis: Coach Travis

Lets check out a little interaction between Coach Travis and his potential scumbuddy Reck:
Coach Travis wrote:@D3XI'm getting scum vibes from Reck. First off, he was clearly buddying with Taz, it was obvious the way he was interacting with him. And since Taz was replaced, he's been fairly quiet, not doing much anything, because he knows LMP can't be played that easily. Otherwise, I need to go through some posts and see what I think. Can't do that until Friday though, I won't be online again until then.
xRECKONERx wrote:Dude, get off my nuts. I said id catch up before Friday and I will. Between my other games, my family falling to fucking shit, having to work 7am to 5pm, and preparing to move to a new city and leave all my friends behind, some mini theme based on ghostbusters that's only on day one is literally the lowest priority.

So there.
Read those again, guys. Really, go back, and read both of these. Ever been on a scumteam where you're arguing with someone? Pent up frustration because you're being wagonned as scum? Let's not blame ourself, let's blame our teammate for our loss. That's my interpretation of this. These guys are scum interacting here. I can tell by the whininess of the tone I hear inside my head when reading this.
jasonT1981 wrote:
d3x wrote:
jT240
- I actually don't have a problem with Voting someone who is getting replaced. A scummy slot is a scummy slot; given you can only place so much weight behind that read once the replacement starts playing. I don't see anything inately wrong with the general theory of Voting in such a circumstance.
Yea, I can understand.... I usually unvote just as a courtasy giving time for the new person to catch up and not be subject to a lynch before a replacement is found/caught up... this happened in a recent game I played in where a player replaced out... but still got lynched before a replacement was found.
Explain your vote on me, then
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by Furcolow »

sottyrulez wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:
He's playing a very open game, and all of his "scumslips" aren't really scumslips at all. I've seen him play in a newbie game before, and the wording of his posts were twitchy like this, but I do think that he's very open town.
I'm pretty sure that your read is off, man. If you're not scum, I'm fairly sure he's trying to buddy up to you as scum.
xRECKONERx wrote:Seriously, I know that sounds harsh, but I'm not in the mood for any punk ass motherfucker to tell me that I should be critically analyzing some POINTLESS GAME OF MAFIA when I have important and traumatic real life shit going on. So fuck off, or the mod can replace me.
Oh, wow.

[/hr]
Coach Travis wrote:Lol at BC requesting replacement right when people are starting to vote him. Just looked at him in ISO, and it turns out I was right to suspect him earlier, but for different reasons now. First off, he goes through one long stretch barely giving any content, and then when he does he keeps switching his vote, first he votes Mallow, then Taz, then eventually me, but the way he did it each time didn't seem quite right, like he was just putting no effort into the game at all. I get there could be stuff happening in real life to prevent him from being as active, but just the way he was acting doesn't look good to me, and his anger at Reck being voted seems strange. After thinking for a while, I agree it may be in our best interest to save the Mallow lynch for now, since we're fairly certain he's a third party so it's not like we can't lynch him whenever we want.
Unvote
Vote:BC's player slot
This is like the 6th person you've put your vote on.
LynchMePls wrote:I don't think we should unvote BC. He was really scummy on that page, and then as soon as people started voting him for it, without even a post in here saying "Sorry, but I can't play" he suddenly requests replacement? I say that wagon is a go.

CT tomorrow.

Unvote
Vote: BC
you all are really getting the wrong signals. Do I need to claim?
BloodCovenent wrote:Final and last post. i promise.

I would love to show PM time stamps. i asked to be replaced almost immediately after my final post. To be honest, I joined this game to play with Reck. I don't even care for ghostbusters that much at all.
I believe him on this. I don't have PM times, but he honestly had no reason to feel sketched out. Coach Travis is trying to get a wagon on town because he's scum, it's that simple.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

XScorpion wrote:Dear scum:

Please kill Mallow tonight. It would make me happy.

Sincerely,
XScorpion
Dear Scorpion,

If I were vig, you would die.

Love,
Mallowgeno
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Scott Brosius wrote:
mallowgeno wrote:
Scott Brosius wrote:I still feel mallow is going to be a huge distraction going forward and given his anti-town role, I'm still up for his lynch
Psh I still think you're scum as well. That's why my vote is on you.
What? Your vote isn't on me. Are you reading/paying attention to the game?
Whoops, sorry I was thinking of Coach.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by XScorpion »

Dear Mallow,

If I was vig, you wouldn't be worth my bullet.

Yours truly,
XScorpion
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

d3x wrote:@mallow-
I never wrote any of those things >.>
/facepalm

I'm well aware that you didn't write 'those things', I did. I wrote them in response to your posts 237 and 332 in my catchup post and I want responses to them.

In p237, you said...
I think Tarazo is scum.
I want to know how you came to that conclusion.
In p332, you wrote:
vote Coach

I hate the newbie card too and wifom usually isn't town.
This made no sense and came from no where. What did you mean and how did you come to these conclusions?
For Tarazo he was just posting useless stuff and he was just an early fos.

For Coach as I said he was using wifom which is generally a scum tactic.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Furcolow wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:
Meanwhile, mallow's iso is still FUCKING HORRIBLE.

Vote: mallowgeno

THIRDPARTYLYNCHFTW
I don't mind reckoner's vote after the nameclaim, but his eagerness to dismiss Mallow as 3rd party is scummy.
Erm what?

unvote
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

XScorpion wrote:Dear Mallow,

If I was vig, you wouldn't be worth my bullet.

Yours truly,
XScorpion
Dear Scorpion,

If you were town, you wouldn't mind putting a bullet through my skull.

very truly yours,
Mallowgeno
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by XScorpion »

Why is that?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Furcolow »

I believe that he is willing to call him SK because he is mafia, and knows he isn't mafia, but knows he's anti-town, so he uses SK as a way to appear like he is scumhunting when he really isn't.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by Furcolow »

still waiting on jason to unvote
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by sottyrulez »

^ Lynch this guy.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

Vote Count

mallowgeno
- 1 - Scott Brosius
Coach Travis
- 2 - Furcolow, d3x
XScorpion
- 1 - Ghostwriter
Furcolow
- 5 - sottyrulez, drmyshottyizsik, Coach Travis, LynchMePls, jasonT1981
drmyshottyizsik
- 1 - XScorpion
Not Voting
- 2 - Starbuck, mallowgeno

Seven votes lynches
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:04 pm

Post by Furcolow »

sottyrulez wrote:^ Lynch this guy.
your slot is scummy, and has been. you are coach travis's scumbuddy, and i'm outting you, so of course you want to lynch me.

since i'm at L-2, i'll claim.
I am slimer, the friendly ghost. I am town-aligned, believe it or not, and am basically the ghostbuster's pet (according to my role pm). I have no abilities worth mentioning, other than apparently I will get "scared to death"... maybe I'll die if I hit L-1? Idk.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:09 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

@Fur:Please explain how I'm buddying, I can't see it all. I've done nothing even close to how Reck was trying to manipulate Taz, and every time I've defended people it's been based on reads and nothing more. And I'm not a wagon jumper. I only voted on two wagons, was suspicious of Mallow and still think he needs to go at some point, and am even more suspicious of BC, so it's not like waiting to jump between wagons like you say. And interesting how you connect me to both sotty and Reck, but for opposite reasons. I doubt a scum would do two obvious tactics like that, maybe one if they suck.

Interesting role claim, but I don't believe it. I still see him as scum.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:42 pm

Post by Furcolow »

well considering you've voted 4 different people... whatever. You are scummy, but you might not be scum. The problem is I KNOW I'm not scum, so you're a better lynch from my perspective, sorry.

If you think I'm scum, give me one good point, and I'll refute it. Nothing can stick to me because I have no idea who is what other than myself.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:46 pm

Post by Furcolow »

unvote
vote: mallowgeno

this is the guy who had the absurd claim, right?
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:29 am

Post by XScorpion »

And you are voting for him because...?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”