Mini 935 -- The Fountainhead (Completed)

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:27 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I'm frankly astonished you had two
separate
players quoting the role PM. What are they teaching kids these days?!? :shock: Also, talking in the QT after death should be a game-losing offense (post-mortem modkill). I understand you didn't want to ruin the game, but these are serious problems that can ruin a game all by themselves if you let them.

The no-talking-after-lynch rule is much less common, and kinda understandable to break inadvertently. I just don't think it's on the same level as the first couple...
Retired as of October 2014.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:11 am

Post by HowardRoark »

Mr. Flay (475) wrote:I'm frankly astonished you had two
separate
players quoting the role PM.
So was I! Since one was in thread during LyLo with the players not focusing on the infraction (it seemed the game was still honest) and the other in the QT seemed to be erased before the partner saw it, I decided to let them play out.
Mr. Flay (475) wrote:Also, talking in the QT after death should be a game-losing offense (post-mortem modkill).
Did you see the infraction? It didn't seem
intentioned
to provide an advantage, so I also let that play.
Mr. Flay (475) wrote:these are serious problems that can ruin a game all by themselves
I know . . . I made a judgment call . . . hoped for the best . . . thankfully it didn't ruin the game.

So I pose these questions to the players . . .
  • Did you like or were you upset by the way I handled the situations and why?
  • What would be your thoughts if I had . . .
    • declared town victory N2 after Debinair Danny DiPietro's infraction?
    • mod killed d3x N4 after quoting his role PM in the QT?
    • mod killed RedCoyote D5 (likely scum victory) for quoting his role PM?
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:22 am

Post by d3x »

In regards to the quoting role PMs, I'll tell you what I did to end up on the list. As we were not given names, I wrote what I was called, "a great and seemingly harmless social influencer". In the absence of a character name, I felt that this
was
my character name. I simply did not equate this as a quote of the Role PM as I wouldn't consider claiming Cop to be quoting the Role PM, even if it's in there. Lessons learned, I guess. I'll make sure to check with the Mod before posting any combinations of words from the PM.

I actually took larger issue with the fact that RC was called out for quoting his Role PM. The section he quoted had flavor that was almost identical to the Town WinCon listed in the OP. As HR said he was not to quote his PM and RC was immediately put up on the Greylist in HR's wiki page, the Mod thus verified RC's alignment to anyone paying close enough attention. I don't think anyone noticed it which helped us Scum out, but still...

All in all, I really enjoyed the game. I think HR did a good job running, and I will definitely play in another of his games.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:42 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Far be it from me to criticize the Mod or the game he ran, especially when the game was run well and efficiently. I especially liked the flavor and the attention that was paid to the vote counts and day/night phases. I'm not going to cry or stamp my feet because someone doesn't like me or the way I played. All I want to reiterate is that I was not intentionally attempting to harm the game or the other player's chances of winning. Like d3x noticed, I honestly thought that what I said was broad enough that it wouldn't make a difference.

But the rules are the rules, and if the Mod doesn't accept that, then that's his decision and I will respect it.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Porkens »

I was happy with how you handled the situations. I don't remember, or didn't see, DDD's postmortem post. However, from what I did see, I don't think the infractions themselves had an influence on the game one way or the other. Mod-kills certainly would have. So, ultimately, you reminded us of the rules, punished a couple of offending players, but did so without unduly influencing the game. Yes, I would say you handled it well.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:05 pm

Post by Fate »

I didn't even see any of the infractions, so it didn't affect the integrity of my play

*shrug*
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:48 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”