Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #4700 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:07 pm

Post by Antihero »

Spoiler: part 3
In post 256, mastin2 wrote:Nacho's vote is annoying, because it's bouncing back between one scum and another scum (you and me), but for the moment, I think we have to just live with it. Nacho's a difficult mislynch, but not an impossible one, and we might need him as an option, so in spite of how good he is, how accurate he is, and how hard he pushes, we can't afford to spend a valuable nightkill on him. I'll move away if I need be, because frankly if you got enough support to be at risk of being lynched, vezok, then I as town would have (justifiable) reason to get really,
really
paranoid that I've gone horribly wrong. Until then, though, I think that keeping my vote on you SHOULD be safe, because you've got a lot of big-time players supporting you. (In particular, both heads of Sonic Boom will defend you from Nacho...and frankly, will probably lynch Nacho over you.)

In post 257, mastin2 wrote:(This is the reason why I'm not voting ika, btw. If I vote ika, ika might actually get lynched, which would be bad. ika
had
defenders, but most of them are gone or have stopped defending him since then. It'd only take one or two votes from key players to get a lethal wagon going there, and since I'm a key player in the game, I need to stay away from there at all costs if we want to keep ika alive.)

In post 258, mastin2 wrote:You know, my rant is perfectly accurate in every way, but I'm not exactly helping my case by having ACTUALLY strategically lurked as scum this game. :oops:

But it's more like me as scum taking advantage and milking an already-real situation. I would NEVER fake being depressed. I would NEVER fake being demotivated. That is INCREDIBLY unethical behavior, so all my rambles about how much not in the game I am? Basically true, except for the small lie about me reading the game because as scum I make sure to keep reading it. I got in bad mental states this game, and had to fight my way out to avoid the mislynch. Ironically, it's actually BECAUSE I was scum that I was able to get out so easily; as town, I'd probably STILL be in a funk right now.

Which is why I said what I did in-thread about the contribution. Me being in a funk for an extended period of time is not a scumtell. I may lurk strategically, but only within the realms of reason, and I snap back out in the moment I need to, where lurking stops being strategic and begins to become detrimental. (At least, I try to snap out. Don't always succeed, but I try.) As town, I'm much worse at getting out. I'm not doing so for any inherent value, and lack the proper motivation to get out; my motivation for getting out is basically purely because I owe the game an obligation as a player to actually play, which makes it difficult for me to feel like actually getting something done, thus why if it's a tell at all it'd be a minor towntell. As scum, there's that much stronger motivation of me needing to prove that, yes, I am a god-tiered scum player, whose prowess is matched only by a select few.

tl;dr: The rant is real; lurking's if anything a minor towntell and not a scumtell, because it's based off of real-life suck rather than strategy. It's just that WHEN lurking, it's more advantageous for me as scum. Which is probably why I get such a bad rap for it. The few times I use it as scum, I utterly BURN the town; the MANY times that I do it as town, I do little but inconvenience the town. So while it's something equally likely to be town or scum and for extended periods far more likely to be town than scum...regardless, it's anti-town.

And there's not much I can do about it. If I stopped using it as scum, I'm deliberately handicapping my scumplay. I never intentionally use it as town, and every time I fall into it I DO try to get out, so it's not something I can just magically make go away.

Ah, well. I suppose I'll just have to put up with it in future games, especially after people misinterpret/misrep/misread this post and similar to mean something that wasn't meant, pain as it'll be to deal with, probably (actually, near-certainly) as town.

In post 261, mastin2 wrote:Vezok, you're not alone.

ika:
Deadline is near. People are policy-voting you. And frankly? If you don't show up and do stuff, I'll probably join the wagon. It'd be bad to lose another member, yes, and bussing might help ensure that, but you're literally. doing. nothing, and not voting you is becoming increasingly more contrived to justify. So if you don't do so...well, patience will run out, I'll just throw caution to the wind and bus, and not have a second thought about it, the loss be damned.

In post 263, mastin2 wrote:I'm not sure we'll get credit for it. But it feels good. ;)

In post 265, mastin2 wrote:Those seem to be the best options.

If we get lucky, the town will derp into a Cerb lynch, though.

In post 268, mastin2 wrote:
vezokpiraka kills Sonic Boom

Yeah.

Most active, vocal conftown. Not threatening, but also not useful to our ends. (Their townread of you has gone away, and they're not exactly scumreading me as they were yet aren't townreading me, so we have no reason to not nightkill them.)

In post 269, mastin2 wrote:Vezok, you need your A-game today.
I think my hesitance is acceptable as being potentially pro-town, but it's a BIG FREAKIN HUGE risk that could easily backfire if you're lynched.
Also, if you're lynched, roleblock = conftown come in = we lose bigtime, so, etc.

In post 271, mastin2 wrote:Bluffing.
It's pretty obvious he intends to claim commute-inventor, as misdirection from me.

And, vezok, I know you're getting lynched, but I need one more dead conftown before you die. Which means I need you to live until tomorrow.

In post 273, mastin2 wrote:LC might be one of our best bets, though the idea of relying on someone who might actually be a legit town role does scare me. (I think they're just Vanilla, bluffing like the madmen they are, but I'm not absolutely sure. Town-me certainly thinks that what they're trying to do is fakeclaim town inventor as a pro-town misdirection, at least.)

In post 274, mastin2 wrote:
In post 3906, Lying Cat wrote:I don't think our scum were as prepared to play that game as I was.
I'm not quite sure what this is referring to, but a game of "Beat the town in POE mode" is something I've had in mind
since day one

'Cause I'm mastina, duh. Scumhunting gooddess I may not be, but goddess of scumplay I am. This was a sequel to Organic Chemistry. I knew from the very beginning what I was getting into, especially given the parallels between Sonic defending me that game, and me defending hiplop this game. Regardless of how soon we identified the other inventors, it was always going to come down to that crucial POE. The key was to be inside the list, so my actions were designed to orchestrate myself in, and I was hoping vezok could get in. I pretty much figured ika'd be a casualty of war, so always kept him as nullscum, though admittedly I was hoping for something more than what the Macslot produced.

POEmode still makes this game difficult, but if we can score a Nacho lynch, we've gotten past one of the largest obstacles in the game. Jaqen mislynch would be another great step. From there, it's just managing to keep players from becoming truly-confirmed-town, and lynching the players who aren't. POE is a killer, yes, but not one which is impossible for me to beat. If anything, I'd consider beating the POEgame one of my scumgame's strongest points.

Will we, well, time (and more importantly, vezok) will tell. (Because if vezok dies, preeeeeeeeetty much game over right there for me. I can stall the inevitable and put up the good fight, but for me to win would require the town mislynch Nacho, PV, Jaqen, TSO, AND Lying Cat,
and even then
maybe not winning.) But it's not going to be an easy town win, not by a longshot.

In post 275, mastin2 wrote:If Lying Cat is actually a surprise!PR and claims, outting me as scum, I don't care that the result would be us losing.
I'd find the moment so drop-dead hilarious and a crowning moment of awesome for them that I'd nominate them for a Most Memorable Moment scummy.

It doesn't get much better than, in-thread, publicly trusting someone you know to be scum, only to in the critical moment, reveal it and screw them over.

...I'm hoping to god that I'm right about them and have been right about them, that their plan is just to bluff the scum and claim commute-inventor in my stead.
Because that would be awesome for us, allowing a free Cerb nightkill.
Praying to ever-loving god that they're a gambitting VT.

But I do acknowledge they could be a PR, and I would tip my hat to them, good sirs, if so. Something that I was always aware of being a possibility and took the risk. Whether it won or loss I suppose is on your hands now.

In post 276, mastin2 wrote:(Okay. Technically, wouldn't be free. The roleblock would clear another town player. Or our kill would fail, 'clearing' LC via the gambit. And even if those didn't come to pass...well, killing Cerb on the night I just so happen to be protecting LC will get LC to instantly switch their townread on me into a scumread. It probably would still work out in our favor, because said suspicion can be easily drowned out.)

In post 279, mastin2 wrote:Oh, thank god.

LC, you have NO clue how worried I was that you were actually some secret PR that was going to condemn me as scum. :P

This? This I can work with, though.
Yeah, I think that we can get Nacho lynched today, and from there, it's just a matter of keeping you alive. (I'll do the kill tonight on Cerb.)

In post 280, mastin2 wrote:Fun fact: I actually
did
have an adrenaline rush this game which was disruptive at work.

...But it was euphoria at getting excited about mislynching Nacho, killing Cerb, framing LC and lynching them, killing conftown, and having a nice clean lylo.

Also, fun fact #2: Nacho is so...town. (:P)

It's almost painful to watch. He's towntelling ridiculously hard, and yet, I can't let him live. Sadface.

In post 282, mastin2 wrote:And I feel
extraordinarily
bad about Lying Cat right now.
This is a violation of trust on so many levels, unless they actually have some sort of secret way of getting me lynched tomorrow and are keeping it in reserve until then. Again, if so, tip my hat to them for such brilliant gambiting, but if not, if what we see is what they've got...then it's just...ouch. I'm so, so sorry you guys.

(In my defense, this is the scumgame I've been wanting for over a god-damned year, in that I've been putting up my A-game. People scumread me, sure, but I can never maintain a universal townread over the whole game--in fact, doing so is counter-intuitively a hilariously bad idea; the best scumgame is one where you're seen as progressively more and more town as the game goes on, and while some players did scumread me, my general level of townness has gone up as the game's continued. After all, NACHO is also townreading me. I've broken most of my established towntells for the sake of the best possible scumgame ever.)

In post 284, mastin2 wrote:Yes, but we'll be in mylo at that point, with TSO, Jaqen, you, me, PV, and whichever of Constantine/Wicked we don't kill.

I can handle the pressure, and I already took steps to prepare, since my posts today (4058 in particular--read the section to Nacho) have let "accidentally" slip that I'm actually the commute inventor, know LC's gambiting, and am protecting him, so it's "not too unreasonable" that the scum "saw through the ploy" and "took a lucky shot". (I prepare for everything. :D)

It takes every town player to lynch me, and while having conftown vote me is bad, I'm only really screwed if I can't make a plausible scumteam out of the mastin voters and/or the town players not voting me have extreme interest in voting me.

In post 285, mastin2 wrote:Also, worth noting, Jaqen could in fact be a PR, but short of him being a friendly neighbor/innocent child or him being a tracker/watcher that sees me kill, there's no role he could be that will keep him from being speedlynched should he ever claim. Soyeah, we're not killing him.

In post 286, mastin2 wrote:I love it when people place their unwavering faith in me when I'm scum. :twisted:

In post 288, mastin2 wrote:I know, right?

This is basically me going through lylo trolling as scum where I do 'research' on who I think is scum, just two day phases early.

And it's super-mega-cool that basically the entire town is placing their unwavering faith and support behind me to find and vote scum.

When I say, "When I'm scum, you never know it", I kinda
mean
it. :P

The dead thread is probably moaning and groaning about how cheeky I am, but they have to appreciate the artistry in my actions, because I'm effectively weaving a tapestry, here.

In post 289, mastin2 wrote:Also, Anti, just in case the PMs to goodmorning and you somehow didn't get through, I figure I might as well post in here as a backup to make it explicit:
My commute target is Lying Cat

In post 290, mastin2 wrote:Strictly speaking, lynching Nacho is probably better for us, because Nacho is going to be a bitch to deal with come tomorrow and/or mylo.
But I think that lynching Jaqen is acceptable for today, too, because Jaqen's belief of an inventor being scum is going to be annoying to deal with. They both have their ups and downs as far as getting lynched goes.

Right now, I still think lynching Nacho is the safer option, so if I can sway myself over to thinking that, I will, but I think it's still a good lynch if we get rid of Jaqen today, too.

In post 292, mastin2 wrote:Btw, Jaqen, there was no contradiction in what I said.
Take it from me, not as a scum player, but as a fucking setup reviewer, that's exactly how I talk.

I will talk about overwhelming strength, I will talk about synchronization, I will talk about all of that, and how it is or isn't balanced, because it's my fucking job to do so. You try using that tactic to read me in a game, and you'll end up mislynching me by...hmm, how often am I scum?...90% of the time or so, given how I seem to only draw scum one out of ten games or so. In other words, lynching me correctly by sheer blind luck of the draw.

That's not to say there aren't reasons I'm scum. There's plenty of scumposting I'm doing right now because I'm a cheeky scumfuck. But talking about setup spec is a point of PRIDE of mine, alignment-null, and I would be saying the same damn things as town. If not moreso.

In post 293, mastin2 wrote:Also,
Message to the dead thread:
By now, you're probably making snide remarks, "LC for scum MVP. :roll:" or the like.

To which, I have but one thing to say: Don't you
dare
take that honor from me! :P

LC's not a scum MVP; they were just thoroughly fooled by me, so don't hold it against them. They had every reason to believe I was town, and I know this especially considering I'm rereading the parts of the game where I was setting up my machinations. (Like my hiplop defense--got me a lot of trouble short-term, but in the long-term, that hiplop defense was golden on my part and did nothing but establish my credibility as a player.)

In post 294, mastin2 wrote:Also also, I find it rather amusing (albeit slightly annoying) that the existing suspicion on me (mainly from Cerb and Wicked) doesn't stem from my play being bad--but because
they think it's too good

And, hilariously enough,
they're actually right
. Gotta give credit where credit's due. Yes, I'm a scum mastermind. So, yes, all the town stuff I've done has been furthering my scum agenda, leaving LC alive among them. A good scum ploy, smart scum tactics, using strategic kills and posting to weave a very specific narrative tailored for maximizing endgame success. They're actually right that as town, I wouldn't be this solid.

In post 298, mastin2 wrote:I know, right?

Poor Nacho. This must be absolutely devastating for him.
I'm not even sure which would be worse--him realizing I'm scum and getting lynched before he can convince anyone, or him being blissfully ignorant until reaching the dead thread. Either way, it's legit pretty sad...but at the same time, exhilarating.

In post 299, mastin2 wrote:And it is done.

I, mastin2, will kill: Cerberus v666.

In post 303, mastin2 wrote:Well, I'm coming in to post.

Whether it'll "help" or not, I'm not sure.

It could seriously backfire, but I took a look offline and noticed people are thinking more, "hmm, must be strongman" rather than, "the commute inventor is scum".
I'm going to out myself, in an emotional state, and hard-press LC. It'll divert attention away from you, for sure, but then *I* might end up in trouble. :P

I think it's worth it, though, because if I pull this off, it'll look super-mega-town.

In post 305, mastin2 wrote:^Yep, pretty much. :P

Also, fun fact: this is something that I've never really revealed, because it's not much of a tell. But while I use the ":roll:" smiley as town, I use it a disproportionately larger amount as scum. I think it has to do with the method of sarcasm I use. I'm just as much sarcastic as town as I am scum, if not moreso as town. It's just that the FORM of the sarcasm is different. (For instance, ranting sarcasm is different from complaining sarcasm.)

In post 306, mastin2 wrote:Muahahahahaha.

Success.

I've maintained my towncred from everyone I need to (I don't need it from Wicked, since he's our nightkill), and while not as strong as it was pre-reveal, it's enough that I shouldn't be lynched today. All the while, the town's all focusing on the me-LC stuff with a side of Jaqen, while more or less ignoring you.

Just. as. planned. :twisted:

In post 308, mastin2 wrote:Indeed.

Last night, I was terrified that my reversal on LC would make them antagonize me.
But they wrote it off (admittedly not without justification) as being town paranoia from me in a derp moment. Which is what I was more or less aiming for.

In post 310, mastin2 wrote:I already got that figured out.

It may not pan out the way I'm hoping, but the "woe is me" I've got planned out is absolutely
epic
in just how much it looks like frustrated town. :D

In post 311, mastin2 wrote:Also, fun fact:
In post 4335, T S O wrote:This game is like a horrible insane logic puzzle where some pieces are missing and others are moving around and it's not even certain it's solvable.
Know how I'm fond of the metaphor of "you think we're playing poker, but I'm checkmating your king", and/or "you think it's a game of checkers, whereas I'm checkmating your king"?

Yeah, that? How I describe my scumgame?

Well, TSO, you know that feeling you're describing?
That's what I'm talking about
. When I make those metaphors, that is what I mean. It's a horrible insane logic puzzle with some pieces missing and the rest moving around, without a certainty of resolvability...because I'm crazy, I manipulate logic like a champion, I remove and place the pieces as I see fit, and I am a master at switching things up.

In post 312, mastin2 wrote:Aaaaaaaaannd, we enter game-winning mode tomorrow.

Vezokpiraka kills: Wickedestjr

In post 316, mastin2 wrote:
In post 313, vezokpiraka wrote:OMG. I love you man. If we win this people will talk about it forever.
Nah. I'd be lucky to get a scummy nom, yet alone win something. It's not that memorable.

Really, it's going to be the kind of thing where I go, "Hey, see this? THIS IS MY SCUMGAME!". I can say that this is the scum game I've waited for a full year to play. I'll show it around a bit when asked for examples, it'll finally, FINALLY replace Left4Dead as my go-to example for scumplay (seriously, L4D, a game from FEBRUARY 2014, was my last memorable scumgame!), but mostly, it'll just serve to be an annoyance as people try to use it against me.

The MINUTE this game ends (and I do mean, the literal freakin' MINUTE), people will INSTANTLY point to it and try to say, "Mastin did *action* in this game, therefore she is scum here". And I'm going to have to deal with that for MONTHS.

Also, sent the commute to Constantine, the "lost" coinflip.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #4701 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:08 pm

Post by Antihero »

Spoiler: part 4
In post 317, mastin2 wrote:Btw, Antihero, just to save you time:

Very, very obviously, I want this scum PT released postgame. You don't have to ask; just do it. If you didn't, then I would. :P

In post 320, mastin2 wrote:Dang.

LC's going to vote me.

Predictable, but unfortunate.

I can tell, because who else would the long post be about? He doesn't need one to pursue you as scum, vezok, nor one to pursue PV as scum. The only options are therefore me and TSO, and we're not going to have the luck of the gods on our side for it to be TSO he's pushing. :P (That would be awesome, though. It's just not happening.)

Should be fine, though. Constantine's going to hammer whoever goes to L-1 (I'm pretty sure this applies regardless of who it is), which would be bad if it's me, but as long as PV isn't swayed to believing I'm scum and voting me, we should be fine. (Because, yeah. Takes every town player to lynch a scumbag.)

Also also, while it would PROBABLY lead to our defeat if I'm lynched, it's not an assured thing because you still have a chance of winning 4p mylo without me. Just a much smaller one thanks to associatives painting you in a bad light in regards to me. So it's not the end of the world; I can easily paint things as an LC-TSO scumteam if need be. It's just a little bit intimidating because I don't know how good the case will be (and it will be a case, because again, why else the need for a long post?), and a little bit saddening because while I have no fear of fighting LC, I still don't like fighting them.

In post 321, mastin2 wrote:(This is why I'm such a dangerous scumbag. Players
think
they're smarter than I am, that they slipped through the cracks, that I didn't catch onto what they were doing, that they have the advantage of surprise. They're dead wrong. I see it coming every single time. Granted, just because I see it coming doesn't necessarily mean I can DO anything about it, but I'm always at least one step ahead of the town because I always see their minds, often before even they do. See also: me knowing Flubber was the cop-inventor, using the scumreads on me to mislynch hiplop, garnering towncred gradually, predicting that LC was planning to claim commute-inventor, and so on and so forth. I have these exact same skills as town, but outside of very specific circumstances, they're not nearly as helpful as when I'm scum. Situational awareness is boss.)

In post 323, mastin2 wrote:Suggestion for players like Plotinus and AP is dead serious, btw.

As a person.
I'd love to have someone like Plotinus come in because I enjoy playing with them.
As a player. I'd kinda not want to, because if Plotinus is deceived it'd be heartbreaking--and if Plotinus ISN'T deceived, then that'd be a pain to deal with because they're too dang competent.

As a person.
I'd love to have AP come in because it's a blast.

As a player. The only reason I'd want him in the game is to beat him, and there'd be a ton of trepidation that he'd see through my mist.

But such is the nature of mylo replacements anyway, so it might as well be a friend.

In post 325, mastin2 wrote:Don't worry, I'll figure out a way to lay a vote down where it's needed.

LC still holding onto the townread is a massive relief. Much less stressful than I was anticipating.

In post 326, mastin2 wrote:You know, TSO, I knew that by siding with vezok, you'd figure out I was scum, but let's face it...I'm sorry to say, but in all probability? You're likely losing the game, if from nothing else, town apathy.

I mean, I suppose it could go that vezok is voted by LC and PV and Constantine hammers, but that's the worst-case scenario here and I don't think it's happening. So I could afford to be a bit of a scumbutt and defend an obvscum vezok.
(No offense, vezok, it's just that you'd basically be confscum if people stopped to think about things for a while. :P)

In post 328, mastin2 wrote:Oh thank god it's over.

Anti, please for the sake of god tell me it's over.

Tell me we finally won.
That Constantine's vote and TSO's vote counted, PV was lynched, and there's no PR that can stop us, that all we'd have to do is submit a kill on someone other than TSO in order to win.

Please.

vezokpiraka kills: Saint Constantine the Hermit
Don't make us wait, just process the night actions.
End it for the love of god.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #4702 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:09 pm

Post by hiplop »

<3 mastin glad you wouldve defended me either way
third best scummer of all time
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4703 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Started reading and couldn't handle the arrogance. Lol
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4704 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:47 pm

Post by Fluminator »

It is a little demeaning to claim me and Titus were absolutely no threat to you. We got Aris lynched against your's and Cat's will.
I think if Titus was around the night after, she could have gotten you out. The main reason you were so hard to lynch was because Cat was so stubborn in defending you, but he was your only town ally at that point. (Maybe Tso at that point.)
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4705 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:05 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Spoiler:
Mastin wrote:Btw, this is to the Shakira post.

I basically have no fear of them.

In fact, I'd welcome them investigating me.
Why?

Because them investigating me is just about the STUPIDEST thing they could do.
-It would get rid of someone who we needed to nightkill anyway.
-It would silence their voice and by proxy increase my own.
-It gives us a free Cerb mislynch because we have the "follow the chain" strategy.
"But Mastin! We said we'd target you! Surely they'd lynch you before Cerb!"
And that assumption, m'friends, are why you would be stupid to actually target me.

Because no, they wouldn't. They'd go after Cerb, because your posting about targeting me looks to be out of frustration towards me, a one-off thought, not something you'd actually do. (This is quite intentional manipulation on my part. I originally intended for this on Sonic, but it works just as well when applied to you.) Cerb looks naturally scummy to people anyway, and the chain-plan is what everyone is assuming we're doing, so if you break the chain plan, then your fault for assuming the town would be smart enough to figure out that you did; bluntly, no they wouldn't--maybe one or two would, but the town as a whole wouldn't.

"...Shit. You're right. But surely after that, you'd get lynched, so it might still be worth it!"

You would think so, but not necessarily. It depends on the key players (particularly, LC and Nacho) and how they read me. If they value play over role, then no, they won't lynch me. I will live because they'll be convinced that with my play being as it is, and my role as it is, that I could only be town, with your death caused by some other factor: hipgunning a random player, budriver, etc. Admittedly, I can't guarantee this'll happen. It's possible it won't. It's possible they turn against me, and if they do, then I die.

But only IF they do. So that plan of yours of targeting me?

I say go ahead! Has my blessing! :D

...Or I would, if I had any pro-town reason for wanting you to have the invention and investigating me. Sadly, the pro-town view is for me to say that because you're already in the chain as conftown, you should NOT be the target for the invention, because it's a redundant waste. Alas.

Uhhh. There wasn't a chance in hell I was getting the cop invention. I actually did just say that out of frustration. I wasn't actually wanting to scan you.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4706 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:25 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4703, Fluminator wrote:Started reading and couldn't handle the arrogance. Lol

Exactly. I did search for "cerb" though, because I like hearing people say nice things about me, and I was sure I'd hear at worst neutral stuff. :P
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4707 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:29 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I think Mastin's the only person on the site that thinks I'm dangerous enough to be worth killing night one.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4708 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:15 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

You have to understand that all arrogance in the thread is faked. We were patting ourselves on the back to increase morale.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4709 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:06 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 4708, vezokpiraka wrote:You have to understand that all arrogance in the thread is faked. We were patting ourselves on the back to increase morale.
We were??
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4710 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:54 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

Me and mastin after we lost you and ika. Also I tried yo make you more motivated and I think I managed. You were doing ok at the end.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4711 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:57 pm

Post by Tere »

In post 4703, Fluminator wrote:Started reading and couldn't handle the arrogance. Lol

This. So much word vomit good lord. Oh well, another one for the avoid list.
Mostly V/LA at weekends. GTKAS - Tere
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4712 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:17 pm

Post by Tere »

Awesome troll Anti btw! <3
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4713 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:19 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 4711, Tere wrote:

Wow. The arrogance was only in a pruvate topic. Where we were trying to keep our spirits up. If you are such a sore loser than maybe you shouldn't play mafia.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4714 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:54 pm

Post by Tere »

Not really, I didn't bother reading all the word vomit from the PT. There was more than enough here already before I got bored and started skimming.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #4715 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:31 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 4699, Antihero wrote:"I have a secret tell that works on sthar and sthar and mastin are the same person" -Jingle
Well you should get a new tell.

i was reading up till this point and i would like to say this is pretty absolutely hilarious

remind me why i love vezok again

not gonna finish the mastin iso all in 1 go, its a fun read so im gonna take it slow
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4716 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:18 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4713, vezokpiraka wrote:
In post 4711, Tere wrote:

Wow. The arrogance was only in a pruvate topic. Where we were trying to keep our spirits up. If you are such a sore loser than maybe you shouldn't play mafia.

I don't *think* it has anything to do with being a sore loser (for me at least). It's something I experience in regular games with some of mastins posts, the sense of "ugh, not THIS again" that comes from reading things like the chess/checkers analogy...but the difference is in the course of the game, I HAVE to read it because it might be important. Here, as much as I want to read it just to see what everyone is saying, just mastins words out of context aren't enough for me to be willing to deal with all that.

Also, whoever wants the pt kept private....that sucks. You're fucking with everyone else's growth as players for some selfish reason, and it's not very cool. Perhaps, given that we can identify who was the dissenting party was, they could simply ask anti to delete the offending posts, or edit out the content they don't want everyone to see.

Or not. It's your life. :)
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4717 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:22 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 4716, Cerberus v666 wrote:Also, whoever wants the pt kept private....that sucks. You're fucking with everyone else's growth as players for some selfish reason, and it's not very cool. Perhaps, given that we can identify who was the dissenting party was, they could simply ask anti to delete the offending posts, or edit out the content they don't want everyone to see.

Agreed.

This is 0% Antihero's fault because this almost never happens, he's being a good mod and doing the right thing.
However
, I think it should become common practice for scum PT to get posted regardless of what the scum want. When mastin and vezok won, Antihero didn't just say 'game over, scum won but I can't tell you who they are because they don't want their identities revealed'. The roles are disclosed because... that's just part of the game - plus, town deserve to know and scum deserve recognition for their efforts. For similar reasoning, giving out PT access just seems like a necessary part of that 'final reveal'.

It would have been a shame if town didn't get to see the behind the scenes work from mastin and also a shame if mastin didn't get to share his thought process (which he thought would be public eventually anyway). It's awesome that Antihero allowed for the next best thing- quoting all mastin's posts. Thank you Antihero
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4718 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:10 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 4710, vezokpiraka wrote:Me and mastin after we lost you and ika. Also I tried yo make you more motivated and I think I managed. You were doing ok at the end.
This is a good point.
At the end I was making a marked effort and it was mostly driven by a will to not let you two down. I was motivated to stay alive long enough to get somebody else in here, even if it would break my record of never having subbed out. My pride was put to the side in an attempt to aid the team. So, thanks Vezok. I guess I hadn't thought of it that way!
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4719 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:20 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 4718, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 4710, vezokpiraka wrote:Me and mastin after we lost you and ika. Also I tried yo make you more motivated and I think I managed. You were doing ok at the end.
This is a good point.
At the end I was making a marked effort and it was mostly driven by a will to not let you two down. I was motivated to stay alive long enough to get somebody else in here, even if it would break my record of never having subbed out. My pride was put to the side in an attempt to aid the team. So, thanks Vezok. I guess I hadn't thought of it that way!

Sorry if I was too hard on you. I get really competitive about these games.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4720 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:07 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 4557, mastin2 wrote:Best scumgame I've ever played.
BEST FUCKING SCUMGAME I'VE EVER PLAYED.

Nope. Had you mid-day 1 :cool:
Art is cool.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4721 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:09 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 4720, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:

You're godlevel town, but you weren't in the game.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4722 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:14 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 4721, vezokpiraka wrote:
In post 4720, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:

You're godlevel town, but you weren't in the game.

:mrgreen:
Art is cool.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4723 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:16 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 4719, vezokpiraka wrote:
In post 4718, Aristophanes wrote:
This is a good point.

Sorry if I was too hard on you. I get really competitive about these games.
Not to worry, man!
I needed that!
- Jingle
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4724 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:14 am

Post by T S O »

I thought the scumteam as a whole played well. Each individual player had a good game.

I think that what mastin did well is not what mastin thinks she did well. What I was extremely impressed by, and what brought the scumteam to the win, was their manufacturing of an attitude where town, and in particular me, were extremely nonchalant about our lynches. We chainlynched Nacho and Jaqen in succession when vezok was repeatedly on the table and, in particular, the Nacho lynch was terrible. I think you can see around that time that I was more interested in just making lynches because I was convinced that it would just all fall into place. The problem was that I was treating mastin as a member of the townbloc and letting her dictate lynches when I normally never let people do this.

Even at the end - if Peregrine and Constantine had played, we had a solid chance of winning. I feel rather annoyed about this game since I should never have let vezok get to MyLo, but I admire his doggedness in getting there.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”