farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:32 am

Post by farside22 »

People please calm down. Wall-E, people questioned your vote because you voted BM after saying he went no where. It's a weird vote. Plus saying you are a tracker who is a seer makes no sense and sounds like you are making stuff up. I'm willing to believe you were not paying attention to your PM, but your play thus far is terrible.

Vote count
(14 players alive = 8 to lynch before deadline)
(3) Porkens – Lord Gurgi, donkeyz12212, raider8169
(3) Wall-E – SpyreX, cerebus3, Porkens
(2) CoheedCambria09 – farside22, Grimmy
(1) donkeyz12212 – Cass
(1) Septia – Empking
(1) Empking – Battle Mage
(1) CoheedCambria09 – Wall-E

Not voting:
CoheedCambria09, Septia

Deadline:
Sunday 3 August 1:00 AM (GMT -5 according to forum clock)
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:09 am

Post by Wall-E »

You are not reading my posts carefully.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:11 am

Post by Wall-E »

BM: Relax. Like I said, I was only suspicious of you because of your tendency thus far in the game to rally people to your suspects. When I vote someone I don't expect them to follow my lead, I expect them to read the thread for themselves and make their own choices. The fact that you are so confident of your choices was my only reason for voting you. Your defensiveness now is noted, however.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:15 am

Post by Wall-E »

Empking wrote:I'm confused on one hand their's the "sniffer" thing but on the other hand their are those details that wall-e put in.

Wall-E: Does your role have a name in it other than tracker.
NO. It says I am a Werewolf Tracker, then there's a blurb that reads words to the effect of "You can follow a person to see who they talked to that night." For the last time, meaning that I will not address this issue again, I misinterpreted the PM due to the wording that I was a Cop (which I have previously known as Seer). The error was with the mod for not simply saying in the PM "You are able to see a person's target for the previous night." Had the PM said this I would not have had the issue with translation.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:20 am

Post by Wall-E »

...i just reread those posts and i'd like to apologize for my tone... just had a fight with someone important to me and i was taking it out on the internets. no excuse for it i'm just a jerk sometimes
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:38 am

Post by SpyreX »

Question 2) The scum have a choice of either nking him for being a near-confirmed towny or nking me for being a creator of near-confirmed townies. And yes, I do plan on announcing my targets in the future, and yes I will reveal the results. Either way, the town is spared from losing their cop another day.
If you announce your target ahead of time, while there is more than one mafia left, you are NOT confirming townies. At all. Thats why it was brought up.
Why have you been defending people and offering little in the way of votes?
I have to assume this is directed towards me. Show me one person I defended - the closest I can think of is Cambria and I'm not defending him (in the sense I think he's town) I think there are better lynches for today (because he's just flat out not paying attention to the game). I can sure show you the cases I've built on people being scum.

So, you're saying your role has no (a.k.a) in it?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:39 am

Post by SpyreX »

Awesome, I have no idea why it quoted my reply. :P So, yes, that bottom quote is my actual statement.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:47 am

Post by Cass »

'seeing who someone targeted' is
not
the same thing as seeing who they talked to. All the scum talk to eachother (or are allowed to) all the time, in this particular game (in normal games only druing the night).

A tracker does the first thing, if you do the second thing I'd think you would have a different role name. All this + the whole thing with BM makes it very hard to believe you're not lying about
something
(though it is hard to tell about what...) I also find the interaction between you and BM quite scummy. But maybe you are trying to imply BM-town now that people have voiced doubt? Seems weird though, as you're also trying to clear him. Your actions simply make no sense!

Vote: Wall-E
FoS: BM

Why are people playing this game without reading it (Coheed) or reading the rules (Wall-E)?

@Wall-E - just in case you are not feigning your ignorance:
It is an abysmal idea to post your target in thread. It also means you are now no more confirmed than you were last day, and the same goes for BM. Because as soon as you name your target, and he is scum, he will retract any actions he sent in and ask his scumbuddy to send in the kill instead. Or if that's impossible, he might forgo the kill altogether - it is very valuable for scum to become confirmed townies!
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:52 am

Post by Cass »

Ebwop:

Unvote
Vote: Wall-E
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:57 am

Post by farside22 »

For those who did not look at the original SSW here is what the tracker role said in that game:
You role: tracker
You are a tracker in the pack and that makes you good at following trails. During each game day you can follow a player around and see who, if any, that player visits. PM me a player name that you want to track (make sure to send in your choice in time – see rule #008). During the night phase I will inform you if that player has visited/targeted any other player since last deadline.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:14 am

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh lordy, I misread partially - teach me to post late.

I'm not sure how I managed this, either.

Earlier I said it was Sniffer (A.K.A. Tracker) when that obviously isn't the case. Tracker was just tracker, Sniffer was the Cop.

So, for that, my apologies. If he was telling the truth, the Sniffer would not be there.

However, with your "verbatim"

SSW I:
You are a tracker and that makes you good at following trails.
During each game day you can follow a player around and see who, if any, that player visits
(PM me the name of a player before deadline and during the night phase I will inform you if that player has visited/targeted any other player since last deadline.
SSW II:
You are a tracker in the pack and that makes you good at following trails.
During each game day you can follow a player around and see who, if any, that player visits.
PM me a player name that you want to track (make sure to send in your choice in time – see rule #008). During the night phase I will inform you if that player has visited/targeted any other player since last deadline.
BM's Scum Tracker:
Furthermore you are a skilled tracker.
During each game day you can also follow a player around and see who, if any, that player visits.
PM me a player name that you want to track (once again, make sure to send in your choice in time – see rule #008). You cannot both track and do a nightkill the same night.
All three of those actually DO use the same wording verbatim. So, unless you're going to tell me the mod is messing with you, YOU have not given a verbatim response. (notice that those are not as vague as yours either).
Show

Proud member of BaM
donkeyz12212
donkeyz12212
Goon
donkeyz12212
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:55 am

Post by donkeyz12212 »

So the confusion lies with whether Wall-E is telling the truth about being a tracker or not?

Is it enough to risk lynching him and potentially losing a roled player?
Citizen Win: 2 out of 3
Mafia Win: 1 out of 1
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:05 am

Post by Cass »

If he insists on announcing his targets it isn't a loss at all :roll:
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:30 am

Post by Porkens »

donkeyz12212 wrote:So the confusion lies with whether Wall-E is telling the truth about being a tracker or not?

Is it enough to risk lynching him and potentially losing a roled player?
I think doubts about his claim, coupled with his erratic behavior (tracking BM, voting BM, unvoting BM), is worth the risk you speak of donkey.

If I'm reading everything right; those of us who are voting Wall-E are operating under the suspicion that he and BM are scum buddies who attempted to clear "each other," essentially. If I'm wrong already, let me know.

Last night I was fairly certain we were moving in the right direction but a little doubt has crept up in my mind today.

I guess my concern/question is; If Wall-E was trying to clear his scum buddy, why would he vote him at all? Wouldn't tracking and reporting no visitation be enough to accomplish the 'clear'? (WIFOM maybe?) I know I'm discussing maf tactics here, but with our lynch yesterday, I'm paranoid.

I'll keep my vote with the hopes someone can alleviate my fears.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:41 am

Post by Cass »

I'm not convinced BM is Wall-E's partner, if Wall-E is scum. He could be. Another scenario is that Wall-E saw this theory and decided to feed it by throwing more suspicion on BM, hoping to get another townie lynched.

Considering that scum can talk all the time in this game, I think the second scenario is more likely. We'll first need proof of Wall-E's alignment, though.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Wall-E »

I fully advocate lynching me if it will prove anything. I voted BM because I wanted to gauge his reaction before letting him continue steering people around. I was actually very sure he was town until his tantrum after I pointed out his tactic in post 416.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Wall-E »

SpyreX wrote:
Question 2) The scum have a choice of either nking him for being a near-confirmed towny or nking me for being a creator of near-confirmed townies. And yes, I do plan on announcing my targets in the future, and yes I will reveal the results. Either way, the town is spared from losing their cop another day.
If you announce your target ahead of time, while there is more than one mafia left, you are NOT confirming townies. At all. Thats why it was brought up.
I see... this fact removes my ability to reaction-gauge-vote people, a tactic I prefer. So be it. From now on, if I vote someone, they night-actioned a nk'd townie. Fair?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:21 am

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh, if you see someone go to the NK target, announce you saw them and kill them.

However, I'm still not sure about your play.
Show

Proud member of BaM
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:35 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm against lynching Wall-E even if she is confused. There are other people who look scummy and are being ignored. Porkens makes sense even if it is WIFOM
Septia
Septia
Townie
Septia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:54 am

Post by Septia »

I voted to lynch Wall-E, farside22. So you guys see it again..

vote:Wall-E

I'm not conviced about his role.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:18 am

Post by Wall-E »

Those who have thus far voted for me are off my suspect list.

Vote: Porkens
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Wall-E »

Addendum: Except Porkens, obviously :)
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:33 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

farside22 wrote:I'm against lynching Wall-E even if
s
he is confused. There are other people who look scummy and are being ignored. Porkens makes sense
even if it is WIFOM
Fixed
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by Porkens »

farside22 wrote:I'm against lynching Wall-E even if she is confused. There are other people who look scummy and are being ignored. Porkens makes sense even if it is WIFOM
Sorry, I don't quite get something here; even if what is WIFOM?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by farside22 »

Porkens wrote:
farside22 wrote:I'm against lynching Wall-E even if she is confused. There are other people who look scummy and are being ignored. Porkens makes sense even if it is WIFOM
Sorry, I don't quite get something here; even if what is WIFOM?
Post 463

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”