Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by Adel »

cicero wrote: Xyzzy...Adel scumbuddy pairing just went through the fucking roof for me.
me too. they seem far too chummy for my tastes.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by cicero »

Make your point plainly, madam.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:31 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Mod: please prod Xtoxm because he might think he's dead.

I'm pretty sure Xtoxm is town. If Xtoxm is mafia with Adel, I'll have to use my smart scum / dumb scum argument: the masterplan of getting day-vigged by Adel requires much more intelligence than he has shown so far. Adel scum with xyzzy is possible, but that looks a bit too obvious to me. In other words:
-Xtoxm is town (90% sure)
-Adel is not scum with xyzzy or xtoxm (75% sure)
-Adel is town (40% sure)
-xyzzy is town (60% sure)

Just in case someone thinks otherwise: the day-vig was fake.

Vote: Adel
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:50 am

Post by xyzzy »

If Adel is scum then who do you think Adel's buddy is?
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

vollkan wrote: I disagree here.
He has declared an intention not to leave the game.
Lurking usually involves some degree of posting (eg. "I'm here and finding it hard to keep up"). More likely, he will either play as normal, or not play at all. His actions here give him no justification for lurking, and if he attempts to get by without posting, he will be replaced.
NabakovNabakov wrote:Xtoxm is not lurking
nor did he ever declare the intention to lurk.
As far as he knew, he was dead. If anything, he quit.
First of all, I think it'd be ridiculous for someone to present any INTENTION to lurk.

Volkan, you say his actions give no justification for lurking. But he's not here! He's no posting! How is that any different than lurking? And yet you're not holding it against him. He'll probably show up again after a prod, but he still get's like 72hrs where he has an excuse to not post.

I don't think Xtoxm is as stupid as you guys seem to think. I think he's playing on your perceptions of his stupidity so he can just disappear for awhile. What kind of person leaves a game before the mod even posts their death? Especially in a game as warped as this one, I'd wait to make sure nothing unusual happens. And I don't think it's the norm to say that you're removing the game from your watched topics. That's what makes me think Xtoxm is trying to mislead us.

To say as far as Xtoxm knew, he was dead doesn't make sense. Until the mod tells you, as far as you know, you're alive.

Lawrencelot, if you are considering the Xtoxm Adel scumteam, then it's believeable that Xtoxm has acted stupid on purpose, and the fact that he's done it so much regarding Adel is what makes them both suspect. It would explain why Adel called xtoxm a VI, trying to justify his scumminess.

I think there is more method to Xtoxm's madness than some are willing to believe.
Unvote Vote: Xtoxm
I'll be interested in what he has to say when he gets back.
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

paradox wrote:but he still get's like 72hrs where he has an excuse to not post.
Whoopdie freaking do.

Not comfortable enough to leave my vote(s) on Xtoxm while I'm LA and a weak case seems to be building. Removing for now will consider replacing them when I'm around more.

unvote
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:32 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Paradox wrote:I don't think Xtoxm is as stupid as you guys seem to think. I think he's playing on your perceptions of his stupidity so he can just disappear for awhile. What kind of person leaves a game before the mod even posts their death? Especially in a game as warped as this one, I'd wait to make sure nothing unusual happens. And I don't think it's the norm to say that you're removing the game from your watched topics. That's what makes me think Xtoxm is trying to mislead us.
What if he is just stupid, saw daykill and didn't think that it could be a ruse. I think this is more likely than him saying "Bye guys, I'm taking this off my watched list", and then reading along, just to get a few days worth of lurking.

I think that most of your case their is based on crap-logic. And therefore I will
vote:Paradoxombie
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:02 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

xyzzy wrote:If Adel is scum then who do you think Adel's buddy is?
That was partly my intention of the vote: to find this out. I don't know yet. It might be Xtoxm or you, but I don't find that more likely than anyone else.
para wrote:Lawrencelot, if you are considering the Xtoxm Adel scumteam, then it's believeable that Xtoxm has acted stupid on purpose, and the fact that he's done it so much regarding Adel is what makes them both suspect. It would explain why Adel called xtoxm a VI, trying to justify his scumminess.
Yeah, I know that. But if you read his posts, do you really think he acted like that on purpose? His behaviour could have just as easily resulted into a lynch if it was his plan on beforehand. Adel's behaviour is worth noting, but Xtoxm's behaviour, I think, is just what it looks like.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:17 am

Post by vollkan »

Paradoxombie wrote:
Lurking usually involves some degree of posting (eg. "I'm here and finding it hard to keep up"). More likely, he will either play as normal, or not play at all. His actions here give him no justification for lurking, and if he attempts to get by without posting, he will be replaced.
First of all, I think it'd be ridiculous for someone to present any INTENTION to lurk.

Volkan, you say his actions give no justification for lurking. But he's not here! He's no posting! How is that any different than lurking? And yet you're not holding it against him. He'll probably show up again after a prod, but he still get's like 72hrs where he has an excuse to not post.
You aren't understanding me properly.

I was distinguishing Xtoxm (someone who, by all appearances, has left the game) from someone who posts sporadically and/or severely deficient in content (which is what I said "lurking" usually is).

I am not excusing his not posting, by any means. My point was that if he posts again even once, that then binds him to post with his previous frequency (since his inactivity has only been justified on the basis of him thinking he is dead).
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:02 am

Post by Guardian »

Prod sent to Xtoxm.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:05 am

Post by Guardian »

Guardian wrote:Deadline?: March 22 noon EST.
Guardian wrote: There will be
no
extensions. A deadline is a deadline, so talk while you can.
Guardian wrote:At deadline, if a player has a majority of the votes being cast (e.g. all votes not on Not Voting) that player will be lynched. Otherwise, no lynch will occur and night will commence.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:30 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Rogueben wrote: What if he is just stupid, saw daykill and didn't think that it could be a ruse. I think this is more likely than him saying "Bye guys, I'm taking this off my watched list", and then reading along, just to get a few days worth of lurking.
Well, why do you think would Xtoxm felt the need to tell us he wasn't looking at the game anymore, unless he already expected that he might be needed?

I don't think Xtoxm is stupid enough to assume he's dead before the mod posts, but smart enough to mention that he's no longer paying attention, just in case he should be.
-George Washington

So it goes.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:31 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

@Paradoxombie: You should know better than to play around with "he's smarter than he looks" considering that the benifit of the doubt is the only thing keeping your neck out of the noose.

Here's a question: If Xtoxm is so damn smart that he can play us all for saps, why did he choose to do what he did? How would it benefit the scum for him to fakeclaim without provocation, get fakedayvigged, and fakeleave the game? What does he stand to gain?

In my opinion, Xtoxm's craplogic, his faux-pas have been earnest. He wasn't thinking and therefore said stupid things. Your craplogic, however, reads as malicious. It is couched in dense paragraphs in the hopes that no one will notice.

I'm more happy with my vote than ever.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:03 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Paradox, why do you feel the need to create this lurking argument? Yet at the same time hasdagas hasn't posted in six days and Rogueben has one post in the last six days yet no mention from you.

vote: Paradoxombie
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:53 am

Post by Adel »

I should point out that Lawrencelot played with me in Friends and Enimies where I owned as scum, and in Big Love where I was nk'd as a townie/lover night one, so he has seen me play as newbie-scum and briefly as near-newbie-town but I don't think he has seen me play under either alignment with my mature playstyle.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:47 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Paradoxombie wrote:

I don't think Xtoxm is as stupid as you guys seem to think. I think he's playing on your perceptions of his stupidity so he can just disappear for awhile. What kind of person leaves a game before the mod even posts their death? Especially in a game as warped as this one, I'd wait to make sure nothing unusual happens. And I don't think it's the norm to say that you're removing the game from your watched topics. That's what makes me think Xtoxm is trying to mislead us.

To say as far as Xtoxm knew, he was dead doesn't make sense. Until the mod tells you, as far as you know, you're alive.

Lawrencelot, if you are considering the Xtoxm Adel scumteam, then it's believeable that Xtoxm has acted stupid on purpose, and the fact that he's done it so much regarding Adel is what makes them both suspect. It would explain why Adel called xtoxm a VI, trying to justify his scumminess.

I think there is more method to Xtoxm's madness than some are willing to believe.
Unvote Vote: Xtoxm
I'll be interested in what he has to say when he gets back.
This entire post just seems a bit off to me. Paradox, have you ever played with Xtoxm before? This is how he plays all the time. I don't think he expected a fake dayvig because I don't think he's seen that before. I feel you're giving him too much credit and trying to get an easy lynch.

Also: I thought I posted something a couple days ago, but it apparently didn't go through. Sorry about that.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

NabakovNabakov wrote:@Paradoxombie: You should know better than to play around with "he's smarter than he looks" considering that the benifit of the doubt is the only thing keeping your neck out of the noose.
That sounds like a threat. Am I still being lynched for having an interest in a massclaim?
shaft.ed wrote:Paradox, why do you feel the need to create this lurking argument? Yet at the same time hasdagas hasn't posted in six days and Rogueben has one post in the last six days yet no mention from you.

vote: Paradoxombie
I'm not so worried about the actual lurking as much as how clearly contrived his actions appear. Why do I feel the need to make the argument? I don't see much else to talk about besides Xtoxm. I think your vote on me is equally unsubstantiated. I have mentally noted rougeben's lurking, but I did not notice Hasdgfas's. I didn't mention them because my interest is finding scum and not getting people to start posting more, and I haven't noticed any evidence their lurking is a tactic.
hasdgfas wrote: This entire post just seems a bit off to me. Paradox, have you ever played with Xtoxm before? This is how he plays all the time. I don't think he expected a fake dayvig because I don't think he's seen that before. I feel you're giving him too much credit and trying to get an easy lynch.
I'm in another game with him now, and I have been in 1 or 2 previously. I don't think you're giving Xtoxm
enough
credit. Xtoxm has more posts than I do, and I'm the one who didn't even know what an OSV was. I can't believe you're accusing me of trying to get an easy lynch when my reasoning is totally unlike anyone elses and when so many think Xtoxm is town.

I didn't realize we were so close to deadline, however. I really don't have any major suspects at the moment, and assuming Xtoxm doesn't act incredibly scummy on his return, I will most likely unvote.
-George Washington

So it goes.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by Adel »

vote:Paradoxombie
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by vollkan »

Para wrote: I don't think Xtoxm is stupid enough to assume he's dead before the mod posts, but smart enough to mention that he's no longer paying attention, just in case he should be.
This is a really weak crutch to rely upon.

You've seen Xtoxm's aggregated play here - you couldn't tenably argue that he is a fully competent player. He might be scum, sure, but so far all we have seen just looks like ordinary stupidity from someone who doesn't have a clue what they are doing.

Why do you ignore the possibility that his "I'm not going to read the thread anymore" was just him expressing frustration at what seems to have looked to him like a quick day-vigging?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by Adel »

like any predator he is chasing the weak prey.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Paradoxombie wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:@Paradoxombie: You should know better than to play around with "he's smarter than he looks" considering that the benifit of the doubt is the only thing keeping your neck out of the noose.
That sounds like a threat. Am I still being lynched for having an interest in a massclaim?
It's an observation. It's not my fault if the truth is threatening.

Right now, I'm voting you because you're pushing a clearly bullshit case on Xtoxm. Either prove the meta you referenced or back out like you set yourself up to.

And I'm pretty sure Adel's vote puts you at L-1. You might want to consider claiming.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Wait!

Shaft.ed is a double-voter. I think we just hit twilight.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by Adel »

do you really expect a claim to make sense? ;)
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by Adel »

NabakovNabakov wrote:Shaft.ed is a double-voter. I think we just hit twilight.
I don't have a good excuse for dropping the hammer. I didn't even know I was putting him at -1. I managed to miss both rougeben's vote as well as forget that shaft.ed had two votes.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

paradox wrote:I'm not so worried about the actual lurking as much as how clearly contrived his actions appear.
His actions only looked contrived through your distorted perpective. If you take a clear look at his actions, they are readily apparent. Thus your actions are the ones that look contrived.

He should be at L-1 right now. I'd suggest a claim.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”