Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue May 01, 2007 9:24 am

Post by IH »

---------------Votecount------------------------
Cubsfan4ever -1- (Yamahako)
Yamahako -3- (skruffs, Cubsfan4ever, SpectrumVoid)
Ubertimmy -2- (Thrawn1020, Cuban Smoker)

Not Voting-Ubertimmy, Mert, Abbott,
With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch

Deadline May 21st
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
AbboTT
AbboTT
Goon
AbboTT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 4:18 am

Post by AbboTT »

cuban smoker wrote:
vote: ubertimmy
[...]for claiming that he was a really bad lynch yesterday. I stand by my claim that only mafia & power roles would say this, and since we are missing... 3 power roles and 0 mafia, that ubertimmy is my suspect ichiban!
I think that this is a fair argument.

But then again... Even vanilla town could be considered a really bad lynch.

And everybody thinks that they are a really bad lynch regardless of their role.
:lol:

Establishing the odds will be a little tricky since we don't know how many power roles there are... but when I get a second I'll try to figure out his odds of being a power role versus being scum. Unless someone beats me to it.
Meta? What meta?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 6:17 am

Post by Skruffs »

That's very thoughtful of you, Abbott, to do that for Ubertimmy.
AbboTT
AbboTT
Goon
AbboTT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 6:20 am

Post by AbboTT »

Uhh... lol
I'm sure the odds will be
against
him.
Meta? What meta?
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 6:33 am

Post by Mert »

Hi all, I have returned.

AbboTT, I agree with Skruffs here - why not wait until Ubertimmy has the opportunity to respond to these accusations? They're the sort of accusation that is really best answered by the accused directly, because their response is everything. I'd personally like to hear Ubertimmy's reason for his post at the end of Day One and I don't think you giving him some options in-thread is the best way to get those reactions.
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 10:12 am

Post by IH »

I'm prodding Cubsfan4ever.

Ubertimmy has picked his prod up.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Cubsfan4ever
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 10:47 am

Post by Cubsfan4ever »

I still don't trust Yamakho due to his crappy case against me.
Unban me please

At the very least, at least respond to my unanswered PMs mith.
AbboTT
AbboTT
Goon
AbboTT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 12:29 pm

Post by AbboTT »

I must have just misunderstood what Skruffs meant.

I guess I'll shut up again.
Meta? What meta?
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 1:04 pm

Post by cuban smoker »

I also don't trust Yamahako, and thought about voting for him for a while. I have this theory that (except in extreme cases) mafia don't attack other mafia in thread, and my superficial impression is that Yamahako is choosing his battles carefully. A full reread may be in order soon.

If timmy offers a reasonable explanation I may yet switch my vote.

I want to draw attention to Mert's comment against role-claiming of
partly because it could be used by scum as a way of attacking somebody unjustly due to some arbitrary reason such as "your anime isn't broadcast on TV Tokyo and all ours are - die scum".
I have reason to believe, based solely on this comment, that's Mert's anime flavour name may not be in the same theme as the townies. I want Mert to nameclaim (not roleclaim.. nameclaim), and if he won't, I want the town to force him to. I will nameclaim as well if the town wants me to, I have nothing to hide.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 1:13 pm

Post by Mert »

My point was that scum could take any two or more rolenames and point out arbitrary differences between them as "evidence" of someone's role not fitting in with the rest. You could do it with literally
any
group of rolenames, so I'm not sure what you aim to achieve.

What your post basically says to me is "cool, Mert's totally thought of a way scum could try and present a false argument against somebody and push for their lynch, I'm
sooooo
doing that" :roll:
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 1:27 pm

Post by cuban smoker »

Yes, how blatantly obvious of me. What I aim to achieve in general is to take ALL the rolenames and point out arbitrary differences between them and present that as evidence. Of course scum could use this to push for a false lynch, but you are ignoring that ability of the town to use this for a real lynch should we actually find something of substance.

You have been against the idea of nameclaiming from the moment I suggested it, yet I know looking at my name that the town won't lynch me for it, as it falls in nicely with the theme of the dead townies. What do you have to fear?!

My list of suspicious people:

AbboTT
Yamahako
Mert
spectrumvoid
ubertimmy
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 1:37 pm

Post by Mert »

cuban smoker wrote:You have been against the idea of nameclaiming from the moment I suggested it, yet I know looking at my name that the town won't lynch me for it, as it falls in nicely with the theme of the dead townies. What do you have to fear?!
I have yet to have read an argument
for
a mass nameclaim that has convinced me that it will achieve anything better than not really learning anything - this is why I have been against it - it could either be pointless or it could be detrimental, the way I see it.

If you insist that I nameclaim though, I will, but I'd rather hear from a few more people on the issue first.
AbboTT
AbboTT
Goon
AbboTT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by AbboTT »

I wish we could have dropped this whole name-claim debate like 3 weeks ago.
Meta? What meta?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 5:05 pm

Post by Skruffs »

A vanilla townie is a bad lynch, yes, but emphasizing that it's REALLY bad suggests that it's worse than vanilla townie. And since three power roles were killed in a role - something I don't think anyoen would expect to happen - it's worth UT explaining. OR at least sayign that he is nto going to explain.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2007 9:57 pm

Post by Yamahako »

Skruffs wrote:A vanilla townie is a bad lynch, yes, but emphasizing that it's REALLY bad suggests that it's worse than vanilla townie. And since three power roles were killed in a role - something I don't think anyoen would expect to happen - it's worth UT explaining. OR at least sayign that he is nto going to explain.
It would be great to hear anything from UberTimmy - but as I said he hasn't been posting in any of the games I've been in with him.

However - if he is really a power role, I think its a better idea that he keep it quiet - It's possible we have 4 townie power roles to balance a powerful mafia - and the last thing I think we should do it out the last one :-/

But yeah, UberTimmy needs to at least comment on the game - but there's lots of people lurking (like Cubs for instance... great last post buddy)
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 4:26 am

Post by Skruffs »

Wwell the thing is, he soft claimed power role yesterday to avoid being lynched, and our doctor got lynched instead. The vig is dead, the switcher is dead. If UT is not scum, he's going to be hit tonight, most likely, and there's no way to avoid that, now. For all we know, he was 'hit' last night but jack replaced with him. No idea. And he's letting us put each other at -2 and whatnot without offering a word. SO yeah, if he's a power role, he needs to offer whatever he can, now, BEFORE someone gets lynched, instead of skulking around and trying to slink into day three.
AbboTT
AbboTT
Goon
AbboTT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 5:06 am

Post by AbboTT »

Skruffs wrote:SO yeah, if he's a power role, he needs to offer whatever he can, now, BEFORE someone gets lynched, instead of skulking around and trying to slink into day three.
I agree with this.
Meta? What meta?
thrawn1020
thrawn1020
Goon
thrawn1020
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 8:28 am

Post by thrawn1020 »

Well, if ubertimmy doesn't post within 3 days, I suggest that we get him replaced in favor of someone who is more active. I don't see the point in lynching someone who isn't here to defend themselves unless replacement has stalled.

For the moment,
unvote
. But I'm watching to see what you do, and I will formally request replacement of ubertimmy if he doesn't post in this game by Sunday, May 6.

A quick check of the Vacation/Limited Access thread shows that ubertimmy hasn't posted there, either. ubertimmy: with a deadline and your being gone for over two weeks now, you need to post by May 6th.
Mastermind of Sin, Locus Cosecant, Darklight140, Kwyjibo, Omniplx, and Uraj are scummy. *wink, wink*
AbboTT
AbboTT
Goon
AbboTT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 10:11 am

Post by AbboTT »

I think that replacing lurkers is probably a better option that lynching them.
Meta? What meta?
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 10:13 am

Post by cuban smoker »

We may want to leave these decisions up to the moderator.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 10:47 am

Post by Mert »

cuban smoker wrote:We may want to leave these decisions up to the moderator.
Agreed. It's not our place to decide whether somebody is replaced - sure, we can request it but it's the mod's decision, ultimately.

That said, Skruffs' point about Ubertimmy's soft claim yesterday does have some weight to it. Ubertimmy hinted at a power role and is, therefore, a strong potential candidate for a scum hit tonight. In light of that, I'd like to see him make a big contribution today just in case he doesn't make it until tomorrow. I don't think he necessarily needs to reveal any night actions or claim at this point, but hearing from him would be good.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 1:04 pm

Post by Yamahako »

Mert wrote:
cuban smoker wrote:We may want to leave these decisions up to the moderator.
Agreed. It's not our place to decide whether somebody is replaced - sure, we can request it but it's the mod's decision, ultimately.

That said, Skruffs' point about Ubertimmy's soft claim yesterday does have some weight to it. Ubertimmy hinted at a power role and is, therefore, a strong potential candidate for a scum hit tonight. In light of that, I'd like to see him make a big contribution today just in case he doesn't make it until tomorrow. I don't think he necessarily needs to reveal any night actions or claim at this point, but hearing from him would be good.
Good posting!
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2007 4:05 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

How about this?

vote: replace UT

I am against the idea of killing UT, and I'd rather we get a replacement for him.
Blank.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri May 04, 2007 6:30 am

Post by Skruffs »

Mert : You don't seem to have any reason to think he's not actually a power role. Why?
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri May 04, 2007 7:43 am

Post by Mert »

Skruffs wrote:Mert : You don't seem to have any reason to think he's not actually a power role. Why?
Because, given his semi-claim, his overnight survival should be a big enough clue to work from. If he's killed tonight then it's likely due to the claim. If he's not, I think we'll all view him with a healthy amount of suspicion.

I'm not saying I have no reason to think he's lying, I'm saying it doesn't matter if he is as things will become clearer tomorrow regardless. He is in my opinion, therefore, not the best play for today.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”