Newbie 917 - Game over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by Super Awesome Mega Zord! »

Mustilicor wrote:
SAMP wrote:Confused Looking through your iso, I honestly don't find you snippy. On the contrary, you come off as a genuinely nice person. Even when you threatened Anti with a vote if he didn't give a suspect list, you apologized afterward precisely because you didn't want to seem like a bully. So I don't understand why you say you are snippy by nature.
D'aww. <3
Alright then, perhaps my knowledge of myself outside of mafia is coloring my view of my actions within it.
In that case I have no further defense, I suppose, except that having my actions falsely represented irks me on a personal level, and I responded thusly (coated with the same passive-aggressive politeness I have used elsewhere, at that).

I do quite believe emotion to be the outdated decision-making mechanism I called it, mind; I simply realize I am not invulnerable to it.
What do you mean by the bolded sentence?
Exilon wrote:I have to do a thematic separation here. You’ve stated that you hadn’t factored the twilight talk when reevaluating the odds of cop-claim and game setup, but the thing is that, as you pointed on the first quote, the twilight talk is completely irrelevant to know the kind of setup we have based on Quintastic’s death. What I mean is:

You could have simply put two and two together by using Quintastic’s death and deduce from there that this setup was most likely goon-goon, which eliminates the need of a cop claim. Still, as you said, you reevaluated the odds after Quintastic’s death. Therefore, you should have been able to know there was no need for a cop claim just based on that.
However, you’re adding that you hadn’t factored the twilight talk. Still, there was no need for it to be factored! In the end, this leads to the following:

-It did cross your mind that, by Quintastic’s death, there was no need for a cop claim.
-Yet, you asked for the cop claim.
-Your justification was that you hadn’t factored the twilight talk, which is irrelevant to determining the most likely setup.
The first item isn't quite accurate. I did see that TQO had died and reanalyzed the situation, but I still came to the conclusion that both setups were plausible. This being because I was still thinking that TQO was sticking with his plan to protect Mustilicor, and more importantly I thought that the scum would be thinking that as well. In that situation, neither RB-Goon nor Goon-Goon would be threatened by the possibility of a successful protection. Thus, I did not think that a Goon-Goon pair would have more motivation to kill TQO than a RB-Goon pair. The twilight talk made me realize that scum had no idea who he was protecting, which would force Goon-Goon to kill him but leave RB-Goon the chance to block him and kill anyone at will. Thus, his death is much more likely under Goon-Goon. Is that clear?
8-) You can call me Mad Cool Ballin' King! for short. 8-)
Mustilicor
Mustilicor
Goon
Mustilicor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by Mustilicor »

Good lord, Exilon. XD Good stuff; thanks for requesting the expansion on that answer by CS. I kept forgetting to do that.

SAMP: What I mean is that because I know myself to be a little snippy, it is possible I thought incorrectly that this trait could be gathered from my posts here. As for why my 'outside of Mafia' self should be noticeably more reactive than what I display here, there's both the fact that forum posts give me the time to censor my immediate reactions, and the fact that I don't want to derail the game with shitstorming.
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by Antifinity »

Is there a faster way to look back at someone's posts besides rereading the entire thing?

Reading back, I've noticed Exilon had a bunch of decent scum-tells before everyone shifted their attention to me/Andrius/TQO. I'm especially suspicious of the evaluation on McGriddle. I noticed that he had his vote on ThatGuy00 from all the way back to the first few pages. It seems like his evaluation of McGriddle, if it wasn't written after the decision to kill him, may still have been written to rationalize sticking to a seemingly innocent townie (who did turn out to be innocent)

I intend to post more evaluations of others I can see later, don't interpret this as the 'only' things I can find, I just need more time, so I'm posting what I've got.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Vote count 3.2

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

Not voting: Antifinity, Civil Scum, Exilon, Mustilicor, Super Awesome Mega Pimp!

With 5 players alive it takes 3 to lynch. Currently no one would be lynched at deadline. Deadline is 10:00 PM EDT/7:00 PM PDT on Friday, April 9th. Deadline Countdown

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:28 pm

Post by Antifinity »

Should someone do a quick vote/unvote, just to make sure someone gets lynched at deadline?

If we lynch someone, then the town has at least a chance of winning. I'm not saying its a serious risk, but if we get near the deadline, its something to consider.

Besides that, I want to give Zorblag something to do, since no one can really vote without being like 99% certain of who the scum is :-P
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:23 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Well, I'm pretty sure it's Exilon and Mustilicor. It's beyond amazing to me that no one can see the blatant errors in Exilon's last post. And you're going to talk about mis-quoting?!

The Andrius lynch was a "speedy" lynch?! A little out of touch with reality it appears.

You'd think that someone who solidly and consistently suspected someone for that long would have been antsy, impatient, and anxious to have the lynch. That is, if they were actually suspicious of the person you would expect them to feel like that.

Speedy lynch? Haha God, you have got to be kidding me.

It'd be even more fuckin amazing for no one to see anything wrong in there, if one other player wasn't simply ignore them XD
Mustilicor wrote: Good lord, Exilon. XD Good stuff; thanks for requesting the expansion on that answer by CS. I kept forgetting to do that.
So, you both go after Samp. I raise what I think are several valid points concerning Exilon, Mustilicor feigns agreement, re-reads and says she 'just can't see it', citing one thing you didn't do that a scum -could- have, then she compeltely backs your attack on me while ignoring all of it's faults.

You two couldn't be working better together if you tried!

I'm sure you're itching for a reply Exilon. Should have it in a day. Probably won't take me to long since it's so obvious to me now.
Mustilicor
Mustilicor
Goon
Mustilicor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:14 am

Post by Mustilicor »

Antifinity: McGriddle explained this earlier. At the bottom of each page, there's a series of dropdown menus with the tag 'Display posts from previous:'. Select the user you want from the appropriate menu, and click go.

What is it you think voting and unvoting would accomplish?

Civil Scum: Considering the normal length of my posts, such a blurb from me should be a fairly obvious clue as to the amount of attention I could spare at the time. If these errors you mention exist, I did not catch them in my first once over. I will, of course, be going over it more thoroughly in a moment, but I have a hard time imagining it's as egregious as you paint it. If it's not, it's yet another instance of your misrepresentation. I'll see, I suppose -- though I likely won't have the time to post again immediately after my more in depth perusal. Just be patient. I'm here, I'm just quite busy.

Feigns agreement? I agreed that it was worth going back over his posts. So I did that. My final conclusion after doing that was that he was town. Part of it was the point I cited, a much greater part of it is simply that I feel like I sort of 'get' the way he's thinking.

And.. this last bit is WIFOM, but honestly, it would be silly for me as scum to defend him like I've been. Or hell, even to be as friendly with him as I have. Just look over some of our earlier posts, realize how careless I'd have to be to allow such an appearance of a link to form, and try to ask yourself if I really come across as that careless of a person. I'm not. :?
Mustilicor
Mustilicor
Goon
Mustilicor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:34 am

Post by Mustilicor »

Nothing jaw-droppingly huge is jumping out at me at the moment. I see more of the sort of miscommunication that seems to plague the interactions of you two, but none of it looks like anything more than you guys being on different wavelengths, as it were. I see a stretchy example of breadcrumbing that doesn't really make for a case for or against him. I don't see the glaring things you're implying are there.

I admit that I'm studying for a Cog exam at the same time, though, so maybe I'm just overstretching my attention. I look forward to your deconstruction. Please do make sure it includes the answer to that question of mine from earlier.

To all: I apologize that most of my participation has been reactive lately as opposed to proactive; I should be able to remedy this this weekend.
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Antifinity »

If someone is voted for, and then unvoted, aren't they the one who gets lynched at deadline?

If that isn't how it works thats fine, I'm just concerned all this stagnation could lead to nobody getting lynched.

Also, thanks for the Display Posts thing, doing that now.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:05 am

Post by Exilon »

Samp wrote: The first item isn't quite accurate. I did see that TQO had died and reanalyzed the situation, but I still came to the conclusion that both setups were plausible. This being because I was still thinking that TQO was sticking with his plan to protect Mustilicor, and more importantly I thought that the scum would be thinking that as well. In that situation, neither RB-Goon nor Goon-Goon would be threatened by the possibility of a successful protection. Thus, I did not think that a Goon-Goon pair would have more motivation to kill TQO than a RB-Goon pair. The twilight talk made me realize that scum had no idea who he was protecting, which would force Goon-Goon to kill him but leave RB-Goon the chance to block him and kill anyone at will. Thus, his death is much more likely under Goon-Goon. Is that clear?
Hum-hum, I see. It clears up much of it, yes. Thank you =)
It did confuse me a little; so I tried to break down some possibilities.

Code: Select all

How to equate Quintastic's Death to Goon-Goon

Without factoring the twilight talk = Assuming Mustilicor is being protected no matter what)

If setup is Goon-Goon, they can kill anyone they want.

If setup is Goon-RB, they can RB Quintastic and kill Mustilicor or someone else; OR they can RB who they think is cop and kill someone else.

(Factoring the twilight talk = unclear protection)

If Goon-Goon, they have to kill Quintastic.

If Goon-RB, they can RB Quintastic and kill who they believe is cop, OR they can RB who they believe is cop and kill Quintastic.

Now, since quintastic died, we can eliminate the possibilities that mention Quintastic as not being a nightkill target. So, we're left with:

Without factoring the twilight talk = Assuming Mustilicor is being protected no matter what)

They can RB who they think is cop and kill someone else.
(this is possible because there are 6 people. Two are scum, one is Quintastic. Mustilicor is being protected. That leaves either 3 or 4 people if we assume Mustilicor is scum. From the three (or 4), one can RB'd and another one killed.)

If Goon-RB they could have RB'd who they believe is cop and kill Quintastic. (this possibility actually seems better because one can assume the cop would investigate Quintastic, therefore removing him as an "auto-lynch" day 3.)

Do you believe that is accurate according to what you said?

(Still, that thought poses a bigger question because of a possibility I hadn't remembered before. If there isn't any mistake in my reasoning, then even after factoring the twilight talk it is possible for the setup to be goon-goon or goon-RB...)
Civil Scum wrote: The Andrius lynch was a "speedy" lynch?! A little out of touch with reality it appears.

You'd think that someone who solidly and consistently suspected someone for that long would have been antsy, impatient, and anxious to have the lynch. That is, if they were actually suspicious of the person you would expect them to feel like that.
Are you referring to the Andrius lynch of MMM or the Andrius lynch by Quintastic? Reading what you said next, it's hard for me to pinpoint the one you are referring to, because you don't mention any names in your next sentence :s

Just to make things a little more clear, if possible, I said "speedy" lynch in the sense that it was a rushed and unexpected hammer, that cut short part of the game which was important, at least from some of the players' perspectives; not in the sense that it was a lynch which happened little time after the day began.

I guess that's all, for now.
Yeah, bring it on =D[/code]
Feels like I've been here before.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:10 am

Post by Exilon »

Oh, just something I hadn't addressed yet: (sorry)
Antifnity wrote: Reading back, I've noticed Exilon had a bunch of decent scum-tells before everyone shifted their attention to me/Andrius/TQO. I'm especially suspicious of the evaluation on McGriddle. I noticed that he had his vote on ThatGuy00 from all the way back to the first few pages. It seems like his evaluation of McGriddle, if it wasn't written after the decision to kill him, may still have been written to rationalize sticking to a seemingly innocent townie (who did turn out to be innocent)
What do you mean by evaluation of "Mcgridle"? Regarding my vote on Day 1, I have already explained myself when Civil questioned me about it...
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Zorblag »

Mod Note: There seems to be some confusion about how a tiebreaker would work in the case when no one is currently voting for anyone else (due to unvoting.) The only votes that count towards a deadline lynch are active votes. If someone unvotes their vote is no longer active and would not be used to determine a deadline lynch.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:01 pm

Antifinity wrote:Should someone do a quick vote/unvote, just to make sure someone gets lynched at deadline?

If we lynch someone, then the town has at least a chance of winning. I'm not saying its a serious risk, but if we get near the deadline, its something to consider.

Besides that, I want to give Zorblag something to do, since no one can really vote without being like 99% certain of who the scum is :-P
If we get near the deadline, everyone should just vote, period. If there are no townies voting at deadline, scum can just throw a vote on anyone and get the deadline lynch unopposed.
Exilon wrote:Hum-hum, I see. It clears up much of it, yes. Thank you =)
It did confuse me a little; so I tried to break down some possibilities.

Code: Select all

How to equate Quintastic's Death to Goon-Goon

If setup is Goon-RB, they can RB Quintastic and kill Mustilicor or someone else; OR they can RB who they think is cop and kill someone else.

If Goon-RB, they can RB Quintastic and kill who they believe is cop, OR they can RB who they believe is cop and kill Quintastic.

Now, since quintastic died, we can eliminate the possibilities that mention Quintastic as not being a nightkill target. So, we're left with:

They can RB who they think is cop and kill someone else.
(this is possible because there are 6 people. Two are scum, one is Quintastic. Mustilicor is being protected. That leaves either 3 or 4 people if we assume Mustilicor is scum. From the three (or 4), one can RB'd and another one killed.)

If Goon-RB they could have RB'd who they believe is cop and kill Quintastic. (this possibility actually seems better because one can assume the cop would investigate Quintastic, therefore removing him as an "auto-lynch" day 3.)

Do you believe that is accurate according to what you said?
Yes. I didn't actually look into what scum-pairing would kill who before TQO died though, at that point I was just thinking "anyone could die, wait and see". So I really only did the second half of this thought process.
(Still, that thought poses a bigger question because of a possibility I hadn't remembered before. If there isn't any mistake in my reasoning, then even after factoring the twilight talk it is possible for the setup to be goon-goon or goon-RB...)
Yes, it's possible, which is why I'd have asked for a cop claim even if I'd been aware of the protection uncertainty. However, I think the scum would have wanted to keep TQO alive if possible, so as to mislynch him today. The scum must have thought he'd be an extremely easy mislynch after the way he hammered Andrius. With such a great incentive not to kill him, I think it's far more likely that the group that didn't want to risk a no-NK night would kill him than the one that had the freedom to kill someone else.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Post up soon.

Is everyone waiting for me and Exilon?

Samp, don't you think we're both scum? And we're obviously cannabalizing?
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:25 pm

Civil Scum wrote:Samp, don't you think we're both scum? And we're obviously cannabalizing?
Image what makes you say that?
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:02 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Ummm, because you've said recently that you don't think Mustilicor is scum, and you still believe Antifinity is noob-town.

That doesn't leave a whole lot of other options, unless you're not actually thinking about it.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:59 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

I wrote: The Andrius lynch was a "speedy" lynch?! A little out of touch with reality it appears.

You'd think that someone who solidly and consistently suspected someone for that long would have been antsy, impatient, and anxious to have the lynch.
I'll stand by this quote until the day I die. You would never expect someone who had suspected someone for that long to not get impatient, and to have ANY sort of problem with them finally getting lynched.

This is so obvious to me, I'm really not understanding how no one else gets it.

And it should have been obvious to you, Exilon, which lynch I was referring to, as I quoted "speedy" and you were the one who called Andrius's lynch speedy right before that.

You knew which lynch I was referring to, so why even say that?
Exilon wrote: My nooo was about not getting the reply and because of the speedy lynch.
Again we have you admitting that you 'mock-called off' a lynch you'd wanted the entire day.
Exilon wrote: When I said “I would have liked to hear his say…” I was referring to both answers: the one to my post, and what you had to say about Andrius being at L1. Yes, you can deprehend that I was talking about your say to the lynch, and I was; and you can also deprehend, indirectly because it had already been stated, that I would have liked to hear your response.
This is useless. Though it makes me wonder, was one more important to you than the other? Which was more important, or bothered you more? Not hearing from me about either thing, or Quintastic's hammer-vote?

Exilon wrote: I just learned about breadcrumbing the other day =D When I did that post about Samp!, you hadn’t said anything yet, and funny thing is I actually predicted you would say that.
Funny thing is? I thought it was pretty obvious, after the bit you quoted of yourself below this, that Samp was who your case was about. There was nothing to predict, you essentially already revealed it.

The real funny thing is you try to cast sideways doubt on my posts and intentions about 3 times in this one post. For no other purpose than trying to make me look bad or damage my credibility, without actually referencing anything I've done that's scummy.

Not sure why you'd feel the need to do that.
Exilon wrote: So, and as to avoid any accusations directed at me (“now that’s convenient, you say you have a case on someone and then you can just choose it as you seem fit”)
Again, I thought I was just stating the obvious. I never meant to use it in the form of this type of accusation. Although it's nice to see you on your heels, even if you're trying real hard to pretend that you are not.

Exilon wrote:
Civil Scum wrote:
”Civil Scum” wrote: Really, was that before or after I called you out for not being serious about any of your suspects?
Funny how you manage to imply on this sentence that I wasn’t being serious about my suspicions. I’ll just leave that to be noted.

I would hope that I could manage to imply something I've been stating directly.

Funny to see you try to paint it otherwise. It's tough to insinuate/imply something that you've said outright like 4 times.
Exilon wrote: Yes, as it should be obvious now, my case is on you.
Really, this is great. But didn't you say it was about Samp, and weren't you just talking about how you breadcrumbed your wanting to make a case on him?

Alright, but I can understand why you would try to make a case on me as well, now anyways.

Exilon wrote: specially considering your play (basically some of the things you tell me and base your fos on me for can be applied to you as well).
Way to toss this out there and never elaborate on it.
Exilon wrote: My suspicions, theories and the like did grow, and I do remember stating at several points why Andrius WAS STILL on the top of the list. Of course better reasons could come and make me change my vote, but in Day 2 (and to a lesser degree) day 1, they ended up not coming.
Like Antifinity is too scummy to be scum... after you post twice calling him scummy, even in one of those posts going so far as to tell him 'he's burying himself with his own words.'

I do know that you provided reasoning about it, but what I am saying is that I don't think the theories and reasoning you claimed to have behind your voting
for Andrius were good enough to exclude the possibility in your mind of anyone else being "vote-worthy." I don't "know" if you were actually comparing people's scumminess and trying to make the right decision. And I don't think you were.

Mustilicor wrote: Civil Scum: What was your reasoning for moving your vote? I can't say I have issues with the place you put it, but the way you did it seems peculiar.

I wanted to lynch either Andrius or Antifinity, but was a little expecting Quintastic to survive the night.

I was half-pulling a hammer gambit (like Quintastic's), and also wanted to see if Quintastic would notice that, and how he would react to it. It wasn't exactly clear what Quintastic was thinking, though he really wanted Antifinity dead, that much we know! haha
Exilon wrote: Now that isn’t a very nice thing to say, besides being wrong. You bring up your perspective, with the objective of dismissing my own reasoning as “not good enough”. “based on actual things on Andrius’ play”? Let’s see here: we were both wrong. My reasoning was based mainly on McGridle’s NK (which didn’t, by any means, exist only on my head. And if you think so, why is it that your only comment to it was “pretty involved theory” and “mostly WIFOM”, if I recall correctly. If you believed it meant nothing at all, why didn’t you say so right away?). Your reasoning was based on several things you found suspicious in Andrius’ play – but even those can be seen from a townie point of view now that he is dead; therefore, it also means there was theory-constructing involved, just like me. In both cases, the theories are based on someone’s possible scum-play.
This was mostly in response to your sarcastic comment about me not posting reasoning about my vote for Andrius, which wasn't even true(!), and you posting a half/page for yours. Which atleast here, you admit was largely theoretical. And that seems to be better evidence than anything else that came along (your words, not mine).
Exilon wrote: In both cases, the theories are based on someone’s possible scum-play.
I still think there is a clear difference.
Exilon wrote: Usually people play by pointing out what they found wrong in other people’s posts. I fail to see how a thing everyone does can be seen as scummy.
Interesting contention... you play exactly how everyone else plays? I'll just note this one and move on.

In an older post when I first asked you about this, you "clarify" that you didn't mean all three of those people individually.
Exilon wrote: And correct you I shall. I said “since the day began, I have been more keen on the following trio”, not only on each one of them individually
After which, I tell you how ridiculous it is to include someone you don't suspect individually in a 'likely scum pairing'.

And now you've changed it again:
Exilon wrote: “Since the beginning of the day, I have been more keen on the following trio”
I don’t think there’s anything else I need to add.
So you were talking about past suspicions? That's what you're saying now. That this was totally and completely about past suspicions at that point?
I'd like to add that "since" can indicate "up to and including now". But not if you say it doesn't.

Exilon wrote: And by misanswering the statement, you evaded to actually comment on it.
The statement, when read correctly, didn't really warrant commenting.

And it's pretty obvious that I did misread that part of the post. I'm not sure how that equates to "evasion." In fact, I'm sure it doesn't.

And one of the times I "misanswered", it was because you had misunderstood what I was saying before that.

So, ACTUALLY, my question was avoided. Are you trying to suggest that everything else I've said is invalid because I've been confused about what you were saying a couple times?

Oh boy, the rest of this post is such garbage. Jeez.

Exilon wrote: Oh, so you’re relying on the wiki now? And to quote a “null” tell? Well, then:
It is absolutely precisely clear what I was using this for. And my argument holds I believe. Mustilicor gave one example of something you wouldn't have done as scum. I already argued this effectively imo, that that one thing should in no way clear you in Mustilicor's mind. Referencing this tell was to argue that. I never suggested that you were scum on the basis of this tell. And the fact that it's null is immaterial, it wasn't always null, and it's a clear (and clearly documented) instance of scum doing things which apparently go against their overall interests. I did not intend to "use" this tell in a case against you. Just to argue why it was so stupid for Mustilicor to claim that your actions around the MMM wagon cleared you of being scum.

Way to MIS-QUOTE me!

And nice to see you on your heels again. When you read my posts directed at Mustilicor, I think it's rather clear that I'm not calling you scum for that wiki-tell. Sorry if you read it like that...
Exilon wrote: I’m interpreting that mis-quoting is when you quote something and answer it wrongly (thus having mis-quoted).
Well, interpret it any way you want I guess, but you're compeltely off base/wrong. You interpreted it exaclty so it would serve the purposes of your following argument. Which isn't good Exilon. Not good.

Here's the dead give away for the definition, "Only scum should need to provide false evidence.”

Meaning that it's about knowingly changing what you've quoted (or omitting or doctoring the quotes) to make something that doesn't exist in the way you've presented it. In other words, "mis-quoting" has to be an action that creates "false evidence."

Your interpretation makes no sense.

I will admit that I rely more heavily on memory when playing this game than on re-reading, and sometimes remember things incorrectly, but that's not "mis-quoting" someone. If I'm paraphrasing or quoting someone, I usually make sure to have it correct.

And if I haven't done it heinously or insidiously, I fail to see how it's a scum tell at all.
Exilon wrote: Anyway, I shouldn’t need to fish up instances when these two occur on your play, since they have already been addressed by at least me and Mustilicor.
You totally should, and then everyone would see that they don't match up to the wiki-scum tell you're supposedly accusing me of after changing it.

Am I really the only goddamn person here who thought that was f-in stupid?

Um, "those two". Are you referring to some other aspect of your invented scum-tell? Or are you talking about this one: “Deliberately avoiding/ giving half-answers to queries from other players.”

Because neither of you, now or in the past, have given any examples of me deliberately avoiding anything. In other words, THIS IS YOU FABRICATING EVIDENCE.

Exilon wrote:
Civil Scum wrote:
He doesn't take a strong stance on the lynch, or either of its canidates, but you can see he very weakly/cautiously gives support to an MMM lynch over a Samp lynch.
Really? By saying “the scales are tipped in MMM’s direction”?
To correct, you didn't actually say his name in the section I quoted, it had to be inferred from a knowledge of our game

I didn’t realize exposing my thought process and analysis on an important process Day 1 was saying “I am all for lynching MMM today”. Which I didn’t say, or even imply.
I know, I didn't say that you said that.
And Day 2, when you questioned me about that, I said, by quoting MMM himself “Are you going to lynch me for that 10% today?”. My answer still stands: no. Not by 10%.
It's pretty obvious that's not what I said at all. Another fine mis-quote. Would you like to talk about that wiki-tell some more?

I was leaning towards Exilon/Antifinity, but after D-3 so far I stand pretty confidently by this quote as well.
I wrote: So, you both go after Samp. I raise what I think are several valid points concerning Exilon, Mustilicor feigns agreement, re-reads and says she 'just can't see it', citing one thing you didn't do that a scum -could- have, then she compeltely backs your attack on me while ignoring all of it's faults.

You two couldn't be working better together if you tried!

You can keep trying to paint me scummy, or keep debating, or trying to argue away my concerns, but I still see you as saying you were keen on Quintastic in a pairing when you weren't suspicious of him.

I also think your contradiction of Samp's is hog-wash, but I'll save that for a different post if neccesary; you already seem to be backing off from it.

I almost think I should just vote right now.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:09 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Mis-quoting is when you claim that someone said something when they didn't.

You "mis-quote" or incorrectly quote them.

Which could be an innocent mistake, although it's not quite so innocent when you make absurdedly false claims about somehting you're being accused off, to defeat the accusation. That's akin to straw-manning.

Like when Exilon said that I had said (mis-quote) he was 'all for an MMM lynch', to side-step my actual point. (strawman)
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:42 am

Civil Scum wrote:Ummm, because you've said recently that you don't think Mustilicor is scum
I don't recall saying that :?
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:17 am

Post by Exilon »

Hey, cool! I didn’t know Strawman existed. D:

Thanks for clearing up the meaning of mis-quoting, Civil. That does remove some of the points I had against you. Still, it isn’t enough.
Civil Scum wrote: I'll stand by this quote until the day I die. You would never expect someone who had suspected someone for that long to not get impatient, and to have
ANY sort of problem with them finally getting lynched

This is so obvious to me, I'm really not understanding how no one else gets it.

And it should have been obvious to you, Exilon, which lynch I was referring to, as I quoted "speedy" and you were the one who called Andrius's lynch speedy right before that.

You knew which lynch I was referring to, so why even say that?
Gah, stop confusing me – you didn’t even make a direct reference to any player’s names!

No, I didn’t know which lynch you were referring to, because I thought you were talking about Quintastic in the paragraph before – and he wasn’t suspecting Mustilicor at all; which then would make that sentence nonsensical.

Now, though, I see you were talking about me and/or Mustilicor. You can believe someone who suspected Andrius for that long would have been antsy or impatient to see the lynch; well, I disagree with that statement. You could say I’d be impatient if I wanted him to get lynched and if I were scum; I’d get impatient if I were cop and knew Andrius was scum, but as town, who can’t be sure of who is or not scum, I have no reason to be impatient as long as the town is progressing in the investigation. After all, my objective is not to lynch x or y. It is to lynch scum. And it is the town’s job, as a group, to discuss which one is a better candidate for a lynch, according to the beliefs of each one; which is what we have all been doing so far (apart from certain exceptions). This is not an individual game. I’m not playing alone against everyone else. So I don’t have to get impatient or antsy if the town is taking its time deciding and discussing – after all, I am also discussing and sharing ideas. Sure, I believed Andrius was scum – but he wouldn’t be the only scum, right? And also, there was the possibility I was wrong on my vote. That’s why I disagree with you when you say I should’ve been impatient. Also, on another (unverifiable) note, it could be argued that it depends on people’s personality rather than alignement.

The bolded part is a “fine example” of something you didn’t quite get. I do believe some of our discussion is actually based off some misunderstandings which I’d like to be immediately cleared up.
I didn’t have any problem with the lynch of Andrius; the person. I had problems with the circumstances of the lynch, which I believe cut off the discussion which, at that moment, was important (from my perspective, at least. I did ask for people to not hammer.).

See, that’s your own strawman right there. And this is the first example of stuff that you accuse me of that you’re also faulty of, according to this quote you asked for elaboration on:
Exilon wrote: specially considering your play (basically some of the things you tell me and base your fos on me for can be applied to you as well).
The reason I didn’t elaborate on this is because it was partially related to your iso analysis (which isn’t finished or solid, to me, yet… I think I need more experience on this. Upon further analysis, some things which I thought were pretty solid end up as not being that rock-hard.) However, to elaborate, your play does have some kind of fluff as well, in the sense that some of the questions posted were kinda weird (saying some stuff which isn’t really necessary or digressing a little bit from my point, at times) and also your voting pattern. Sure, I voted twice, for two townies, one of them being a lynch. You voted six times, five of which were (now confirmed) townies and two of which were “wagon” votes (as in, they were part of a wagon which ended up on the lynch of that person). There is one unjustified vote (which is now explained) and at the middle of day 2, you unvote Quintastic when Andrius is at L1, because… ‘way too much craziness going on’? Thing is, you talk about my votes, but what about yours?
Civil Scum wrote:
Exilon wrote: When I said “I would have liked to hear his say…” I was referring to both answers: the one to my post, and what you had to say about Andrius being at L1. Yes, you can deprehend that I was talking about your say to the lynch, and I was; and you can also deprehend, indirectly because it had already been stated, that I would have liked to hear your response.
This is useless. Though it makes me wonder, was one more important to you than the other? Which was more important, or bothered you more? Not hearing from me about either thing, or Quintastic's hammer-vote?
Useless? Fine, whatever rocks your boat…

Quintastic hammer-vote wouldn’t have bothered me if the discussion, and the day, hadn’t been cut short. It wasn’t the vote in itself that bothered me, it was the consequences of it, (the discussion being cut short) and Quintastic’s disrespect of my request.
Civil Scum wrote:
Exilon wrote:
I just learned about breadcrumbing the other day =D When I did that post about Samp!, you hadn’t said anything yet, and funny thing is I actually predicted you would say that.
Funny thing is? I thought it was pretty obvious, after the bit you quoted of yourself below this, that Samp was who your case was about. There was nothing to predict, you essentially already revealed it.

The real funny thing is you try to cast sideways doubt on my posts and intentions about 3 times in this one post. For no other purpose than trying to make me look bad or damage my credibility, without actually referencing anything I've done that's scummy.

Not sure why you'd feel the need to do that.
Exilon wrote:
So, and as to avoid any accusations directed at me (“now that’s convenient, you say you have a case on someone and then you can just choose it as you seem fit”)
Again, I thought I was just stating the obvious. I never meant to use it in the form of this type of accusation. Although it's nice to see you on your heels, even if you're trying real hard to pretend that you are not.
(…)
Exilon wrote: Yes, as it should be obvious now, my case is on you.
Really, this is great. But didn't you say it was about Samp, and weren't you just talking about how you breadcrumbed your wanting to make a case on him?

Alright, but I can understand why you would try to make a case on me as well, now anyways.
~

… I don’t know what to say of this. I really don’t. Mis-understanding, mis-answering, this could even be called mis-quoting to a certain length (since you said I had said something I didn’t); call it whatever you want.

Mis-understanding is a sign that you aren’t paying enough attention, or are too eager to poke a hole somewhere.
Exilon wrote:
My,
you're noticing things I was saving for later; now I have to bring them out xD

It obviously made the scum think it was now unclear who Quintastic (more on Quintastic's
Case
later) was going to protect, which
IS
why he would be the smartest and safest
Noght
kill out of everyone else.

Now, moving
On
:
You
, I believe, have just made a slip.
Noght was noght an accidental misspelling. It's also uppercased.
Civil Scum wrote: Like
Antifinity is too scummy to be scum
... after you post twice calling him scummy, even in one of those posts going so far as to tell him 'he's burying himself with his own words.'

I do know that you provided reasoning about it, but what I am saying is that I don't think the theories and reasoning you claimed to have behind your voting for Andrius were good enough to exclude the possibility in your mind of anyone else being "vote-worthy." I don't "know" if you were actually comparing people's scumminess and trying to make the right decision. And I don't think you were.
Just for clarification purposes, before anything else:
exilon wrote: I don't believe "too scum to be scum" is a valid argument all by itself. It was a way I found of summing up part of my reasoning for Antifinity.
I don't really think it is about the "number" as it is about the "context". True, the more it happens, the more it seems weird and wrong; but it probably would be weirder if Antifinity suddenly changed his playstyle (which could indicate a potential "night-coaching".).
Either way, it hasn't been very helpful to the town...
If you do know I provided reasoning about it, why bring up my opinion of Antifnity at the time to talk about my reasoning on Andrius? How do they relate?
Sure they could be vote-worthy, but I can’t vote for more than one person at once, can I?

Of course I was comparing people and trying to make the right decision. That same post you used to quote “too scummy to be scum” is, itself, a post in response to a request for me to compare Andrius to my other suspects and to say why he still stood at the top… sure, you could argue maybe I was just ‘pretending’, but really… I had better choices if I wanted, like hanging the doctor right away. There was no lack of reasoning to do so. Anyway, you can’t really know what I’m feeling on this side. So it’s kinda pointless to argue based on that… just like the “off the head” thing…
Civil Scum wrote: I wanted to lynch either Andrius or Antifinity, but was a little expecting Quintastic to survive the night.

I was half-pulling a hammer gambit
(like Quintastic's), and also wanted to see if Quintastic would notice that, and how he would react to it. It wasn't exactly clear what Quintastic was thinking, though he really wanted Antifinity dead, that much we know! Haha
And what was the other half?
Civil Scum wrote: This was mostly in response to your sarcastic comment about me not posting reasoning about my vote for Andrius, which wasn't even true(!), and you posting a half/page for yours. Which atleast here, you admit was largely theoretical. And that seems to be better evidence than anything else that came along (your words, not mine).
That sarcasm was kinda uncalled for, yes. << I am sorry for that.
As for the rest, what I meant is that it could have been theoretical, but then again, any other reasoning (yours included) is theoretical as well (as in, there’s a lot of theory which can’t be comproved even when analyzing what something has said). To my knowledge, choosing who to kill is part of someone’s play, which you accused of not being better than your own reasoning, which was based on … go guess, Andrius play. If andrius was scum, it would be part of his play, and any one of our reasonings would have worked... If you think it is useless to base a vote on someone’s possible scumplay during the night (in this case, Andrius); then you should think if it is also valid to base a vote on someone’s play during the day. They both make sense if they are reasoned.
Civil Scum wrote: In an older post when I first asked you about this, you "clarify" that you didn't mean all three of those people individually.
Exilon wrote: And correct you I shall. I said “since the day began, I have been more keen on the following trio”, not only on each one of them individually.
After which, I tell you how ridiculous it is to include someone you don't suspect individually in a 'likely scum pairing'.

And now you've changed it again:
Exilon wrote: “Since the beginning of the day, I have been more keen on the following trio”
I don’t think there’s anything else I need to add.
So you were talking about past suspicions? That's what you're saying now. That this was totally and completely about past suspicions at that point?
I'd like to add that "since" can indicate "up to and including now". But not if you say it doesn't.
I haven’t changed anything, it’s exactly the same O_o Except for the “beginning of the day” and “since the day began”, which means the same thing anyway you put it…

Let me go get the original post for this one.
Exilon wrote: I don’t really have a “prime” suspect per se,
I have some theories / possibilities and some pairings I believe make more sense than others
Since the day begun, I have been more keen on the Quintastic / Andrius / Samp! trio.
Because of the circumstances of that nightkill, my vote has been on Andrius all along – he seems to be the
common link in all of the pairings
, which is why I think the way he flips would be very informative. So he ends up being my “prime” suspect, as you would put it, even if he doesn’t strike me as odd as Quintastic.

However, Quintastic has fallen a bit on my ranking.
Indeed, my post was not to accuse Quintastic of being a scum, it was a dissertation of where I would base my eventual vote for him. I don’t like fallacies at all and I believe one would only resort to them if they wanted to either manipulate someone or do it unconsciously. I didn’t want to make Quintastic look bad (it doesn’t really matter, we all end up looking bad one way or the other), I wanted him to reflect on what I had said and give us some conclusions. I believed his claim,
(with a grain of salt, like always.)
because what he has said fitted with the overall flow of the game D1 with no contradictions whatsoever; and since there has been no counterclaim, it only reinforces Quintastic’s position.
Not ‘past suspicions’ at that moment – I explained where each one of them standed. I also say “however, Quintastic has fallen a bit on my ranking”. The likelihood of him being scum had decreased, but that didn’t invalidate all of the suspicion; and the pairing with Andrius, as a whole, made sense, if the claim was fake.

And I think you’re misquoting yourself and myself. Here:
Civil Scum wrote: After which, I tell you
how ridiculous it is to include someone you don't suspect individually
in a 'likely scum pairing'.
civil Scum wrote:This one still really bothers me. You said the trio you were most suspicious of, and then right after that you say
you're not really suspicious of Quintastic
. The trio was who was being talked about primarily, but it's still comprised of 3 individual players. Even if you're talking pairings, I don't see why you would most "keen" on a pairing which included
someone you weren't suspicious of.
Not really suspicious of =/= not suspicious of. And you didn’t say it was ridiculous! (I’m joking a little here, but you can see that they’re different :s )

But I didn’t say I was keen on a single pairing, I said was keen on a trio / pairings of different players. Inside of them, there were also pairings I was more keen on than others.

See, you mis-quote too =D
civil Scum wrote: The statement, when read correctly, didn't really warrant commenting.

And it's pretty obvious that I did misread that part of the post. I'm not sure how that equates to "evasion." In fact, I'm sure it doesn't.
When you misread something, you don’t answer the original question / statement. When you don’t answer something, you’re evading / avoiding the question.
In fact, I’m sure it does. I feel this is a pointless language discussion.
Civil Scum wrote:
And one of the times I "misanswered", it was because you had misunderstood what I was saying before that.

So, ACTUALLY, my question was avoided.

Yet one of those times when I can throw back at you something you said =D
Civil Scum wrote: Way to toss this out there and never elaborate on it.
Which one time are you talking about and when did that question get avoided?
Civil Scum wrote: Are you trying to suggest that everything else I've said is invalid because I've been confused about what you were saying a couple times?
Did I ever suggest that?
Civil Scum wrote: It is absolutely precisely clear what I was using this for. And my argument holds I believe. Mustilicor gave one example of something you wouldn't have done as scum. I already argued this effectively imo, that that one thing should in no way clear you in Mustilicor's mind. Referencing this tell was to argue that.
I never suggested that you were scum on the basis of this tell. And the fact that it's null is immaterial, it wasn't always null, and it's a clear (and clearly documented) instance of scum doing things which apparently go against their overall interests. I did not intend to "use" this tell in a case against you.
Just to argue why it was so stupid for Mustilicor to claim that your actions around the MMM wagon cleared you of being scum.

Way to MIS-QUOTE me!
Hey, I’m going to throw another one of your statements back at you! As for the bolded sentence:
Civil Scum wrote: I know, I didn't say that you [had] said that.
As for the rest:
Civil Scum wrote: Mis-quoting is when you claim that someone said something when they didn't.

You "mis-quote" or incorrectly quote them.
Where did I do that? I didn’t even quote you on that. I just said you had relied on the wiki. Is that a mis-quote?
Civil Scum wrote:
Exilon wrote: Anyway, I shouldn’t need to fish up instances when these two occur on your play, since they have already been addressed by at least me and Mustilicor.
You totally should, and then everyone would see that they don't match up to the wiki-scum tell you're supposedly accusing me of after changing it.

Um, "those two". Are you referring to some other aspect of your invented scum-tell? Or are you talking about this one: “Deliberately avoiding/ giving half-answers to queries from other players.”

Because neither of you, now or in the past, have given any examples of me deliberately avoiding anything. In other words, THIS IS YOU FABRICATING EVIDENCE.
As for misquoting, now that I know the exact definition, as you have told me, there isn’t really anything blatant than I can use except for various mis-understandings on your part at some instances in the game. As for the other one…
Civil Scum wrote:
Mustilicor wrote: Civil Scum: What was your reasoning for moving your vote? I can't say I have issues with the place you put it, but the way you did it seems peculiar.
I’m going to decline commenting on this for now.
Civil Scum wrote:
Exilon and Civil Scum wrote: Really? By saying “the scales are tipped in MMM’s direction”? To correct, you didn't actually say his name in the section I quoted, it had to be inferred from a knowledge of our game
I didn’t realize exposing my thought process and analysis on an important process Day 1 was saying “I am all for lynching MMM today”. Which I didn’t say, or even imply. I know, I didn't say that you said that. And Day 2, when you questioned me about that, I said, by quoting MMM himself “Are you going to lynch me for that 10% today?”. My answer still stands: no. Not by 10%.
Civil Scum wrote:He doesn't take a strong stance on the lynch, or either of its canidates, but you can see he very weakly/cautiously gives support to an MMM lynch over a Samp lynch.
It's pretty obvious that's not what I said at all. Another fine mis-quote. Would you like to talk about that wiki-tell some more?
To the first bold: So what?

To the second bold and the rest of the quote: what I meant with that analysis is that I wasn’t ready to make a decision yet, even though MMM was a little heavier on the “scales” than Samp!. But weakly/cautiously giving support for a MMM lynch? That’s not I wanted from that post and definitely not what I wanted people to deprehend. If I wanted that, I would have said “sure, I’m okay with MMM’s lynch”, or “I’m all for lynching MMM today”. But I didn’t say anything of the sort; and that’s what I wanted you to understand.

aand I'm finished. Remind me if I forgot to address something, please.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:18 am

Post by Exilon »

Oh god, that was even bigger than the last one. O_o
I will start to fear for my sanity now.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Samp: So I went to find the post where you obviously said this...and I actually had read (and remembered) you saying that you
didn't
think Mustilicor was scum because she was bitter about being suspected. Or that you thought her's was a townie-type reaction to being suspected. Not the COMPLETE opposite of that.

To be honest, I've been taking pain medication on 4-hour intervals for about a week straight.

Incidentally, I have to agree with you!
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Lordy Exilon, what did you do!?
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

I don't have the time this moment to give my thoughts on this properly. But for the time being, and judging by that post, I am willing to entertain the idea that there is a GREAT deal of mis-interpretation going on between us.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Exilon »

O_o sorry. I think I need to tone down the mass amount of things I answer to.
:s Hum, any suggestions to do this without leaving anything important out?
God I hadn't realized that had ended up so HUGE! >.<

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”