Newbie 738: NKOTB - Game Over - Town Wins!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by AndyTony »

Mike dying will clear up if he is scum, or Doc - - both results better the town and there's no question about it.
"It's Not A Breeze, 'Cause It Blows Hard"
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by LesterGroans »

So basically, where you're at is:

Lynch Mike, if he is Doc we're pretty certain Belvedere is scum; or,

Lynch Mike, if he's scum we win?

So, Seraphim's pretty much cleared in your eyes?
[b]"Let's get one thing straight, kid. The only reason you're still [i]conscious[/i] is because I don't want to carry you. Now get in the van."[/b]
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by AndyTony »

More so than Belvedere, yes - It's just a hunch, and I
completely
understand everyone not caring about my hunch - - but it's the same hunch I had for hohum.

I'm sticking to it, Lester.
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by AndyTony »

that's no sarcasm by the by - - nobody is expected to invest into something without evidence. I just hold my feelings about Belvedere's action with EA and the buying time scenario.
Belvedere
Belvedere
Goon
Belvedere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by Belvedere »

Vote:MikeSC6

This may clear up Seraphim's alignment as well as Mike's. I'm not surprised hohum got taken out, as stated, pretty low-profile and with his minimal posting style, it's hard to extrapolate much from his interactions with other players.
"Too weird to live; too rare to die." ~HST
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by AndyTony »

True say.

Seraphim came into the game the night after EA left and I can't see him being able to have pegged our doctor on a whim before going after Bionic.

But that's not too much on my mind - - I feel very strongly that Mike should go. Deaths are coming no matter what and we need to organize ourselves in the way that best suits the town.

Let's get the third vote on Mike
MikeSC6
MikeSC6
Goon
MikeSC6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:30 am

Post by MikeSC6 »

If you're all set on Belvedere, then lynch away I guess. This way I can't be blamed for losing the game, at least!
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:22 am

Post by Seraphim »

Vote: MikeSC6

Seeing as it seems to be the consensus...
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:08 am

Post by AndyTony »

Well Mike, if you think there's a better direction to go, let us know, but I'm thinking Belvedere.

In addition to anything I think or feel about voting him after you (if you're proved an innocent) - He voted you right after and got on the wagon - - almost like covering his ass if you come up town and as if to say tomorrow "hey, if I were scum and new what would happen if he were town, why would I put a vote on him?"
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:23 am

Post by elvis_knits »

"KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!11111111" screams AndyTony.

"Ya think?" says Lester.

"YAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSS!" screams Belvedere.

"Like, totally," agrees Seraphim.

"Okay, but I think you should kill Belvedere tomorrow, since I'm the doc," says Mike.

You string MikeSC6 up on the gallows, open the trap door and watch him swing. You check his pockets and find a gun! He was evil to the core, bad to the bone, major mafia bad guy.

Vote Count:
MikeSC6 - 3 - AndyTony, Belvedere, Seraphim
Not Voting: Mike, Leste
r

MikeSC6 - Mafia Goon - Lynched Day 4

AndyTone, Belvedere, Seraphim, and LesterGroans, have a group hug. Then they hold hands and dance around.

Town Wins!

Good game to all!
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:28 am

Post by AndyTony »

Good game, everyone!

Well played, Mike!!!

- And Lester. Way to Agent Bauer, man lol
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:30 am

Post by Seraphim »

Whoa. I didn't actually think Mike was scum. Niiiiiiice ploy by you and EA. But your downfall was saying that you protected Dandy on N1...you should have claimed to have protected a more aggressive or better player(say, Andy) which would increased your town credibility.

Very nice game, though.
MikeSC6
MikeSC6
Goon
MikeSC6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:49 am

Post by MikeSC6 »

Ha, good game you crafty lot:) That's true, I made a ton of mistakes (sorry EA!) Like claiming to have protected Dandy (to try and "buddy up"), and voting for bubbles too early (I thought it'd be too late to save Mr Dandy, and would help set up a lynch of bubbles later on.)

Also, when voting for a "no lynch" I accidentally wrote "No kill," again, which I thought would lend credence to the "night one no kill" theory!

Also, it was my silly idea to no kill in the first place.

Here's the pm, for what I was thinking doing that-

"Hey :) Good day yesterday... I should have let Mr. Dandy get lynched, though. bubbles21112 would have been an easy day 2 lynch.

I’m just wondering what you’d think about a “no-kill” tonight?
Pros- If there’ a doctor, and they protected one of us they’d consider that one a proven townie.
If there’s a doctor, and they protected someone else they’d consider them a proven townie, and their comments in this direction might help us bag a power-role for the N2 kill.
If there’s no doctor- which we’ll know if someone claims cop- it would add to our case if one of us wanted to claim doctor later on.
We wouldn’t be giving them any real new evidence, so they’d have to base their votes more on Day 1 activities- and day 1 has been good to us!

Cons- It would probably mean a longer game (the longer the game, the greater the chance we’ll slip up).
We don’t know how elvis_knits is gonna make the morning post, or if she notifies doctors when they successfully protect someone. If she gives too much information it would break this strategy- if it’s a simple “No one died” with no explanation then it would work.

It’s risky- but the most obviously townie players (I’m thinking Belvedere and maybe AndyTony) are also among the most active... and it’d be a shame to kill them too quick. Much more fun to manipulate them and twist them all in knots! I reckon we can get a miss-lynch tomorrow, and if we can then kill the power role at night two that would be awesome. What do you reckon? There could be flaws I haven't thought of, or a better choice."

Didn't quite turn out how I'd hoped :) The last couple of days were the most fun. And swapping out Poirot for a rogue like Casanova was a mistake, too. I was going for subconscious associations.

Bionic being cop was a bit of bad luck, too.
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:40 am

Post by AndyTony »

I actually did notice that you wrote a no kill instead of no lynch! lol

The connections makes sense now but like I said very well played! I wouldn't have known for sure

It's been fun guys :-)
Belvedere
Belvedere
Goon
Belvedere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:04 am

Post by Belvedere »

Oh hell yes!!!

So glad it turned out this way, cause I was pretty certain that if you were actually the doc, AndyTony was gonna get me lynched.

With the thing about Erratus Apathos on Day 2...I really had just woken up and wasn't thinking straight, but everything was moving fast and I wanted to make a post before I had my three hour art class. ^_^;; Messed up there and could have cost the game for the town, sorry!

Good game!

I look forward to playing with you all again. X3
Belvedere
Belvedere
Goon
Belvedere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:22 am

Post by Belvedere »

Sorry for the double post but:

This is my first sincerely completed game!! *counts it cause replaced two inactives on Day 1*

*celebrates*
*brings stolen cake*

Also...@Mike - The strat was pretty good, especially when used towards unsuspecting newbies, I almost didn't catch it. :O Seriously, at first you and Seraphim were completely cleared in my book, and you were so chill up until the very end...good townie vibe.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:47 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

I am not playing much now, but I will try to make time to comment on what I can. I tried to keep up with the entire game after my death.

- Good catch on realizing Mike's claim didn't make sense. There was no reason for a town doctor to actually claim that day. Also, if somebody thought they knew the doctor, but knew the cop 100%, they would block the cop and kill the doctor - just in case they are wrong. The no kill on N1 was interesting and it may have won the game for you if you didn't claim doctor so quickly.

- Why did I claim my role when I did? A few reasons:
1. I didn't expect to live past the first night, so figured I couldn't live past the 2nd night.
2. Thinking there was a doc (even if they didn't save me) gave me a 50% shot EA was RB and I could get protected again (ended up false, but I would have claimed anyway).
3. I wanted whoever was scum to be left without their IC partner helping them
4. As a cop, I never expect to catch multiple players through investigation. In a game with only 2 scum, I don't like to beat around the bush and spend all day making a case before eventually being forced to claim cop anyway in order for the lynch to go through.
The above written statement is pro-town.
MikeSC6
MikeSC6
Goon
MikeSC6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:10 am

Post by MikeSC6 »

So glad it turned out this way, cause I was pretty certain that if you were actually the doc, AndyTony was gonna get me lynched.
I was trying to get Lester, Seraphim and hohum to suspect you and AndyTony at the end there- and for you two to suspect each other. That's why hohum got killed last night.

@bionic: Yeah, some bad mistakes there. It was a scramble just to try and survive after that day 2, to be honest. I probably shouldn't have doc claimed at all. And I was gonna originally pretend to have saved Belvedere on night 1 (I had thought differing slightly with your version of events might make it more believable) but there was some early suspicion of Belvedere on day 3 that I didn't want to derail. Probably would have been better to pretend-protect Belvedere.
Belvedere
Belvedere
Goon
Belvedere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:22 am

Post by Belvedere »

I was more suspicious of LesterGroans than AndyTony. AT was pretty high-high-profile through most of the game, even once his style sharpened up, which read townie to me.
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:41 am

Post by LesterGroans »

Wow, good job everyone! Did not suspect MikeSC6, so good job to him too. Sorry I was absent for this eventful last day :(, that was disappointing. But still, awesome job to everyone ... convincing us to No Lynch when you were at L1 was awesome, and I even voted for it and a No Lynch is one of my least favourite things in a game.

I think AndyTony and Belvedere carried the town for us though. I was a little too passive possibly, but AndyTony was very active and Belvedere was willing to suggest opinions a lot of us shied away from.

Good job all, especially ElvisKnits!!
[b]"Let's get one thing straight, kid. The only reason you're still [i]conscious[/i] is because I don't want to carry you. Now get in the van."[/b]
MikeSC6
MikeSC6
Goon
MikeSC6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:33 am

Post by MikeSC6 »

Oh, bionic- who did you investigate on night 2?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:10 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I checked my records and bionic invetsigated hohum N2. All roles were random, so it was just luck that bionic was the cop and EA was scum. I feel like bionic is cop a lot though. I remember another game that I played with him and he was cop then too.

Anyway, good game to all of you!
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Belvedere
Belvedere
Goon
Belvedere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:59 am

Post by Belvedere »

Thanks for modding, elvis_knits. ^_^
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:08 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Thanks for replacing, Belvedere :)
Talk nerdy to me.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:51 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”