Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4425 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:01 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

Damn damn damn! I suppose I was kind of done once Dia de los Muertos rolled around. Damn dead people POEing me! I'm kinda surprised I got to Day 10. I thought for sure the Goo logic would lead straight to me (which it did, and it still took a day or two, haha). You should see the Mafia thread in Private Topics. I turned it into my own personal monologue thread, and things got real creepy when Night rolled around, haha xD

In post 4365, BBmolla wrote:Well played town.

Also well played Friday.

In post 4366, Juls wrote:I loved the game despite it being a little rough for me at times. I think the first time I thought prof was scum was when I said if you are in {these people} you will not win and then he responded like "that is presumptuous of you" but I quickly dismissed it. Well played Prof...it really was a tough hill to climb but you lasted a good while!
In post 4371, ActionDan wrote:I think if there is a reward for most intrepid performance, Friday should get it
In post 4380, AGar wrote:GJ Fridays. I would've been pissed if we had lost though.
In post 4412, Oversoul wrote:I agree that Prof Fridays played well. I look forward to seeing him around the site.

Thanks, guys! I really enjoyed playing. I think had I felt more comfortable right off the bat I would have changed a few things, but really, I was pretty impressed with some of the scum reads on me, like the null reads and lack of interaction with my scum buddies; I thought my VT performance was pretty good in the later days (as it seemed to convince people for a time, haha).

In post 4368, BBmolla wrote:
In post 4364, Magua wrote:
In post 3677, Magua wrote:Scum's being a superdick for making zoraster get a replacement into this game.
In post 4367, zoraster wrote:heh Friday absolutely should have kept playing, though I do feel bad for our replacements. I was sad we didn't see a lylo card get used.

Hey man, never give up imo. Imagine if he had won, would have been insane.

In post 4369, zoraster wrote:the sad part is that Friday probably started to believe he could win precisely when it became likely he wouldn't.

Hey, now! It would have been epic to win! I couldn't lose hope! Maybe I underestimated my ability to manipulate, but y'know...

In post 4410, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 275, Prof Fridays wrote:Okay. I want to maybe try to build a case on Brian Skies.

In post 276, Prof Fridays wrote:I've already expressed suspicion on him, so that helps to some extent.

In post 277, Prof Fridays wrote:Nevermind. My God, that ISO.

Lulz? Is this what happens when people actually read my posts?

Lol, YES. You could probably win as mafia by saying whatever in giant blocks and people will be like, "Uhhh, that looks big, he probably put effort into that... Eh, town."]

With regard to game balance, it did seem somewhat town-sided to me. The double Tracker plus Adjusting Investigator seemed like a bait for the Mafia Tracker, and if I wasn't aware of Magua's role to Strongman his target (presumably a town PR), it would be *really* hard to do much. I will say, though, that we, as the mafia, made a few mistakes (or at least I think we did), namely we blew our veto wayyy too early and we didn't fully understand the Goo mechanics to be wary of the effect Papa Zito would have.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4426 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:05 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

Also, zoraster, I really appreciate your allowing me to play! I remember your hesitancy at first. You're a great moderator, and it's been more than a pleasure!

Also, Magua, I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS D': What about my sarcastic, witty, meme-y reply to AGar? :(
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

THE LAB 4 is live!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4427 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:05 pm

Post by Iecerint »

There were lots of pro-scum events that I think were expected on average to tilt things more your way. Town got pretty lucky.
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4428 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:11 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

Oh, also, also, it's Prof. Friday
s
. I'm the professor of all Fridays, mmkay? :P xD

THE LAB 4 is live!
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4429 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:20 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

Yeah, well
In post 0, zoraster wrote:Night 1: Kingdom of Aces the Vanilla Townie was killed
I've never been called that before, and it's kind of obvious that's not actually my name. I don't think Zor really cares.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #4430 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:22 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Play more please Fridays you seem like a joy to play with
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4431 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:32 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

D'awww, you make me blush :oops: :P :)

THE LAB 4 is live!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4432 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:54 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

iece wrote:There were lots of pro-scum events that I think were expected on average to tilt things more your way. Town got pretty lucky.

that would be why i said not to waste veto on nomination day when it really wasn't as bad as everyone was making it out to be (though it did lead to some complications, obviously)
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #4433 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:05 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 4408, Brian Skies wrote:Awwww, I still had walls to make on Cheery on Prof Fridays. His death wasn't slow and painful enough.

It was to us though, I stopped caring about him.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #4434 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:09 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 4428, Prof Fridays wrote:Oh, also, also, it's Prof. Friday
s
. I'm the professor of all Fridays, mmkay? :P xD

That s is too much effort though.

(if I do it again in potential future games I'm giving permission to be called Cheery Do)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #4435 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:17 pm

Post by farside22 »

1. Ninja worked by doing the traditional stuff and preventing the acquisition and giving of goo. That's why there was a "missing" link in the Goo chain.

I totally called this during day if the dead! Go me!

So glad I got zito lynched and he was blue spreader.

I was starting to think bulba because he was quiet to me after muffins lynch.

Nemonic lynch over AD/Clayton was better for the town since juls would have been a ticketed had he lived.

Last thing to oversoul. I forgive what you said but I am pretty upset that such a comment could be made on ms.
I may be bias but to me it was crossing a line that you knew was horrific and completely trivialized what happened.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #4436 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:21 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 4423, Magua wrote:A neutral survivor who is dead has lost.

A townie who is dead still wins if town wins.

what is the direct implication of "losing" and "winning" ? after all, you're still dead. or your faction symbolically leads you to victory.
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4437 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:30 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

some people care about whether or not they technically won or lost a game for some reason (regardless of how small a part they may have played in it) rather than thinking about their own play and how good or bad it was
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4438 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:31 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i suppose turning someone into a neutral survivor on death is meant as a form of punishment for those who care about the technicalities of wins/losses
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #4439 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:33 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

for me getting modkilled is a bad ending
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4440 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:48 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 4433, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 4408, Brian Skies wrote:Awwww, I still had walls to make on Cheery on Prof Fridays. His death wasn't slow and painful enough.

It was to us though, I stopped caring about him.

It was a joke. :(

I wasn't as confident Prof Fridays was scum as I was making it out to be (even though he was my only scumread). And you made me waffle on some things when you went for Aronis instead of hammering Prof Fridays.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #4441 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:09 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 4435, farside22 wrote:I totally called this during day if the dead! Go me!

Not good enough when you paired me as useless with TiP and Sonic : in the dead thread :(

Also
In post 3819, Cheery Dog wrote:I'm going to go with the remaining scum being a joat as it's the easiest suggestion.

And now I want to lynch one of the people that were tracked last night, assuming that lack of goo spread is caused by a ninja action.

Am I wrong in suggesting Prof Fridays should be lynched?

(I voted no lynch yesterday because lack of talk needed to happen)

It's not any good when I failed to push on this from Day 6.

I think I also elaborated somewhat later in the day, but noone cared. (then I changed my mind to tip and actually pushed it day 7)
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4442 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:20 am

Post by ZZZX »

GG WP
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4443 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:34 am

Post by Magua »

In post 4426, Prof Fridays wrote:Also, Magua, I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS D': What about my sarcastic, witty, meme-y reply to AGar? :(

I was blinded by our passion. By your sensuality. But on Dia De Los Muertos, the day when we remember the dead and what they meant to us, I realized that Oversoul was my one true love
who I had murdered cause I was angry with him

But we had good times, you and I!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4444 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:34 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

In post 4443, Magua wrote:
In post 4426, Prof Fridays wrote:Also, Magua, I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS D': What about my sarcastic, witty, meme-y reply to AGar? :(

I was blinded by our passion. By your sensuality. But on Dia De Los Muertos, the day when we remember the dead and what they meant to us, I realized that Oversoul was my one true love

THE LAB 4 is live!
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4445 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:38 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4369, zoraster wrote:the sad part is that Friday probably started to believe he could win precisely when it became likely he wouldn't.

When it became known that there was only 1 scum left, I mostly suspected Prof Fridays because as the new guy, he probably was the least likely to throw in the towel, esp. given the odds. It was tirggered by Magua's 3443, and the thought that unless scum was accidentally cleared, I think anyone in "the rest" pile would, as scum, concede, except for ZZZX (not sure) and Prof Fridays (no clue whatsoever).

This may be totally incorrect conclusion to reach about everyone on "the rest" list, but there you have it.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4446 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:40 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Zoraster-
thanks for modding this. I really liked it. I think the events were all scum-sided, but making do with the best of given evils made the game more enjoyable.

Good job town at not losing!!
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4447 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:51 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 147, Nachomamma8 wrote:oh swag that won't even come close to getting me lynched

Maybe not, but it sure helped.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4448 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by Venmar »

x1 Strongman, x1 Ninja scum JOAT seems really, really strong of a role.

Yay town win
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4449 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

ggwp
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”