Shell Game (Day 5)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4400 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 12:53 pm

Post by wolfbae »

he has the entire hood in his townreads
super secret alt
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4401 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 12:57 pm

Post by experience »

In post 4399, wolfbae wrote:
In post 4395, experience wrote:
town

spiffeh
marci/luke/std
dann
sunflower
wolfbae
shello
firebringer
[rest of playerlist]
cakez
morph
gypyx
nullscum
Why are you suspicious of morph? I tried to ask you this and never got an answer.
sorry for not answering in the hood. (i've been busy and i most likely missed it by mistake in my skimthroughs)
for my morph read, it's mostly because of what marci/sunflower was saying in hood (about morph-brian interactions).
p-edit: i mean, i could be wrong on you/sunflower but i'm moreso leaning towards our hood being all-town.
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4402 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 12:58 pm

Post by experience »

In post 4398, Dannflor wrote:
why am i so town?
mostly because i liked your iso and half of everybody is nullish for me.
(marci, i think, asked the same thing.)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4403 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:03 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Why do you think the hood is all town
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4404 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:04 pm

Post by experience »

In post 4403, Save The Dragons wrote: Why do you think the hood is all town
mostly vibes ngl
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #4405 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:06 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

@cakeboy just because I’m back and forth on you doesn’t mean I don’t need to sort the rest of the game
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4406 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:07 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

That's fair but like can you justify it with the note from the mod in the hood or the way we seem to be inspired by dethy?
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4407 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:08 pm

Post by experience »

In post 4406, Save The Dragons wrote: That's fair but like can you justify it with the note from the mod in the hood or the way we seem to be inspired by dethy?
i missed the note.
my bad. :oops:
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4408 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:09 pm

Post by morph the cat »

I'm old school "ngl", "tbh", etc., always look scummy to me even though I know town players say that kind of stuff, too.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4409 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:10 pm

Post by morph the cat »

could experience actually be that disconnected and clueless about the nature of your hood?
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #4410 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:11 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

Wolfbae seems pretty convinced this is typical of experiences mains scumgame but something something alt something hard to use meta for something
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4411 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:12 pm

Post by experience »

i'm definitely reading somebody in our hood then.
(probably one of sunflower/wolfbae/marci)
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4412 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:12 pm

Post by wolfbae »

In post 4401, experience wrote:
town

spiffeh
marci/luke/std
dann
sunflower
wolfbae
shello
firebringer
[rest of playerlist]
cakez
morph
gypyx
nullscum
Why are you suspicious of morph? I tried to ask you this and never got an answer.
sorry for not answering in the hood. (i've been busy and i most likely missed it by mistake in my skimthroughs)
for my morph read, it's mostly because of what marci/sunflower was saying in hood (about morph-brian interactions).
p-edit: i mean, i could be wrong on you/sunflower but i'm moreso leaning towards our hood being all-town.
The site gives you notifications when someone quotes you, I strongly doubt you could have missed that
super secret alt
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4413 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:14 pm

Post by experience »

In post 4410, Hermit Crab wrote: Wolfbae seems pretty convinced this is typical of experiences mains scumgame but something something alt something hard to use meta for something
this.
(i've been meaning to point this out but you put it in better words than i would've.)
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #4414 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:15 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Just to start off, I do think that the post that originally made me vote them is probably NAI now that the gimmick has been revealed, but I am still solidly leaning scum on wolfbae

Immediate reaction to my vote

Spoiler:
In post 3863, wolfbae wrote:
In post 3858, Lukewarm wrote: If this is scum, both morph and shello are almost certainly town
wdym?
In post 3868, wolfbae wrote:
In post 3866, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 3863, wolfbae wrote:
In post 3858, Lukewarm wrote: If this is scum, both morph and shello are almost certainly town
wdym?
I mean, if you flip red, I am gonna townbin both morph and shello for the rest of the game.

Thanks.
but y tho

I said this already, but this approach seems more likely to come from scum, who feels the need to get the lay of the land on where a correct accusation is coming from, before knowing the right way to react vs townie who knows its meaningless since they would flip town, and at best need to sort me on it. It feels like there is a hesitance to it imo.
In post 3953, wolfbae wrote: It feels like you are ignoring the rest of my chats and I'm wondering why
I think that the reveal that post that originally caused me to vote them was an intentionally manufactured attempt to appear clueless, actually makes me dislike this response even more then when I first saw it. Like, I scum read it when I thought it was real, because "but what alignment do you think I am if you stop looking at my scummiest post" is a scummy angle.

But, if they were town, seeing me hounding them for a post that was a post that they know was an intentionally manufactured attempt to appear clueless, and makes it seem even less likely to come from town who don't understand why I would be so focused on the post.

comments while talking about dunn

In post 4221, wolfbae wrote: I'm not doing that, I'm being about as open and transparent as possible because I know I'll be revealed as town eventually and hopefully people will give my reads due consideration after that. I have basically nothing to hide here.
In post 4222, wolfbae wrote: Still feel more or less confident saying Dunn is a wolf. I hope people will re-evaluate that once my alignment is confirmed.
For these to be True Thoughts coming from a town!wolfbae, it would require them to be currently thinking about their own alignment being flipped prior to dunns, in a way that simply does not make sense for them to be thinking about.

It also has a built in belief that people will come back and re-evaluate their dunn reads, based on their flip. Which I don't believe that they actually believe that people are particularly likely to do that.

Which leaves these lines feeling like their actual purpose is to sound like they are secure in the knowledge that they are going to flip town, in order to get town read.

posturing
In post 4209, wolfbae wrote: Simply taking the reads on Dragons as hearsay and working off that feels like a lack of curiosity I'd expect a town to have. The writing off of ActionDan also feels pretty superficial.

And not everyone doing this can even be scum! But some of you are just really not putting in the legwork it feels like
In post 4160, wolfbae wrote: Klick was bleeding town btw, serious skill issue to anyone unable to recognize that. like c'mon the guy's not that hard to read.
[some of their posts about dunn]
[Approximately half their posts about me]
There is a built in implication to their posts that town is simply dropping the ball, not trying, needs to reset, ect.

This feels like the approach needed if they repped into a scum read slot, following a scum flip, with a scum team that did not have the thread standing to save Brian. But not really the pov that makes sense when repping in as town immediately following a day 1 scum elim.
In post 3989, wolfbae wrote: I had read Luke as extremely likely to be scum if Cakez is town based on how he handled the competing wagons on Day 1
Short of wolfbae's main being revealed, and me simply being completely wrong on who they are, I simply don't believe that they would genuinely believe that that was an attempt by me to save Brian. I can see where a passing read through of how it went down could provoke the suspicion, but I think you would have to make a lot of poor assumptions about me as a player to land at it being "extremely likely," and they are not the kind of person who I think would make those.

As a final point, that will likely not help anyone, but I feel it in my bones that their posting this game is vibrating on the same frequency as like my experience with scum!them.

Pedit: ... I am incredibly frustrated that in the time that I have been writing this, wolfbae has made those posts about gypyx, which are the first posts they have made this game that I have resonated with.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #4415 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:17 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I think I could add gypyx to my acceptable elim pile for today.

Also, experience is not doing anything to pull himself out of that pile with his recent posting.
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4416 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:18 pm

Post by experience »

In post 4412, wolfbae wrote:
In post 4401, experience wrote:
town

spiffeh
marci/luke/std
dann
sunflower
wolfbae
shello
firebringer
[rest of playerlist]
cakez
morph
gypyx
nullscum
The site gives you notifications when someone quotes you, I strongly doubt you could have missed that
that's true.
though only the top 5 notifications show up, unless you go through and look for past notifications.
i will accept responsibility tho for not going through to make sure i didn't miss any.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4417 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:22 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

town

spiffeh
marci/luke/std
dann
sunflower
wolfbae
shello
firebringer
[rest of playerlist]
cakez
morph
gypyx
nullscum
What do you think about your dethy hood?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4418 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:22 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 4415, Lukewarm wrote: I think I could add gypyx to my acceptable elim pile for today.

Also, experience is not doing anything to pull himself out of that pile with his recent posting.
We're pretty soundly unimpressed by Gypyx right now. I'm sort of wondering why we didn't move her further down during our sync, but we were more focused on what players have done move out of the POE than into it.
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4419 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:23 pm

Post by wolfbae »

In post 4410, Hermit Crab wrote: Wolfbae seems pretty convinced this is typical of experiences mains scumgame but something something alt something hard to use meta for something
I think it's strongly reminiscent of a performance in a certain game where someone replaced into a scummy slot and had no idea what to say.

I checked the timeline to what experience was saying re: morph and it does add up with what was going on in the hood. redfire and marci were discussing things afer the flip, there was paranoia of morph, experience popped in to agree with them. (This was all prior to my replace in). I don't put it past experience to agree with whatever is put in front of him as town, so that isn't necessarily a scumtell like I was hoping it might be. But I'm going to have a very hard time seeing him as town still.
super secret alt
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4420 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:24 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Lukewarm I am not confident that they slipped anymore fwiw
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4421 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:24 pm

Post by wolfbae »

In post 4414, Lukewarm wrote: Short of wolfbae's main being revealed, and me simply being completely wrong on who they are, I simply don't believe that they would genuinely believe that that was an attempt by me to save Brian. I can see where a passing read through of how it went down could provoke the suspicion, but I think you would have to make a lot of poor assumptions about me as a player to land at it being "extremely likely," and they are not the kind of person who I think would make those.
You spent most of Day 1 brutalizing Cakez and had barely a word to say about Brian. I have receipts.
super secret alt
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4422 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:27 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

town

spiffeh
marci
/luke/
std

dann
sunflower

wolfbae

shello
firebringer
[rest of playerlist]
cakez
morph
gypyx
nullscum
In post 4411, experience wrote: i'm definitely reading somebody in our hood then.
(probably one of sunflower/wolfbae/marci)
You've got marci and save the dragons on the same 'tier' in strength of reads.

When faced with one of your hoodmates being mafia, you decided marci was a contender but save the dragons was not.

Why?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #4423 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:29 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 4421, wolfbae wrote:
In post 4414, Lukewarm wrote: Short of wolfbae's main being revealed, and me simply being completely wrong on who they are, I simply don't believe that they would genuinely believe that that was an attempt by me to save Brian. I can see where a passing read through of how it went down could provoke the suspicion, but I think you would have to make a lot of poor assumptions about me as a player to land at it being "extremely likely," and they are not the kind of person who I think would make those.
You spent most of Day 1 brutalizing Cakez and had barely a word to say about Brian. I have receipts.
I stand by what I said.

If you are town, it's a bad read that ignores a lot of the how and when.

If you're scum, more power to you I guess.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #4424 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:30 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 4420, Dunnstral wrote: Lukewarm I am not confident that they slipped anymore fwiw
What do you mean slipped?

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”