Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:23 am

Post by Adele »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Adele wrote:
Adele wrote:Are you saying that if Quagmire had turned up town yesterday, you'd think me a townie, (therefore, that my play makes sense in a townie), or that given my behaviour yesterday it's implausible that Quagmire could've been town?
You might think this is a false dichotomy. I disagree. Not all dichotomies are false, and I think this is a true dichotomy. If I'm in error, then please correct me.
Is MoS scummy or what???

That's not a false dichotomy, it's a legitimate question.
You see, I wanted to give him a chance to answer my question before condemning him. Maybe there was something
else
in that post he thought was a fallacy, or maybe he was just mistaken (turns out he wasn't, but the point is, you jumped on him
first
opportunity you got).
d3sisted wrote:In fact, scotmany I'll make you a deal: if you stump right now, and turn up town, I will immediately stump myself.
I find it difficult to believe that d3sisted thought there was
any
chance of scotmany taking him up on that (why would he?). D3sisted, did you think scotmany would do as you asked or was there an ulterior motive to your offer?

I'm not happy with DGB at all right now. I'd withheld judgement on max to a large extent because I didn't feel I'd seen enough of him. The DGB comes in and plays more to an agenda than the needs of the game, refusing to consider any factors to explain the phenomena that she has identified other than the explanation she decided on 10 minutes into playing the game. Right now she looks like she
wants
me to be scum - or wants others to think I am.

if I'm to vote anyone at this juncture, I'll:
vote: DrippingGoofball
- I'm really not at all happy with her contribution so far.
And no, Goof, this isn't an omgus.

on that note, where's silver? I'd hoped she'd stick around. An objective take on all this'd be helpful at this point.
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:49 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

I am still here. My views on DGB are almost in line with Adele's. The statement that troubled me the most is this:
DBG wrote:Unfortunately for the scum, Goofball barged in and cracked the game, haha.
I don't give respected players the right to make mistakes, or for them to use their experience as a form of absolute truth. That statement implies absoluteness, and I do not think that it is protown at all to not consider all of the options. The same could be said for scot initially as well, which was the basis of my argument against him. So I see DGB and scot doing the same thing: proclaiming their argument as absolute truth. And I do not believe them whatsoever.
[i]Currently lurking about...
[/i]
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:14 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Adele wrote:You see, I wanted to give him a chance to answer my question before condemning him. Maybe there was something
else
in that post he thought was a fallacy, or maybe he was just mistaken (turns out he wasn't, but the point is, you jumped on him
first
opportunity you got).
Are you saying you asked MoS some sort of trick question? Are you saying that I am defending MoS? Are you simultaneously saying I am jumping on MoS?
Adele wrote:I'm not happy with DGB at all right now.
You'll never be happy with me.
Adele wrote:The DGB comes in and plays more to an agenda than the needs of the game, refusing to consider any factors to explain the phenomena that she has identified other than the explanation she decided on 10 minutes into playing the game. Right now she looks like she
wants
me to be scum - or wants others to think I am.
So Quagmire has an an agenda, and I have an agenda, too? Why are you making yourself look like an agenda magnet? You're the farthest thing from a nuisance player. I saw the phenomena that I saw, and it's something I look for. I am efficient.
Adele wrote:
vote: DrippingGoofball
That one was predictable ;-)
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:28 am

SilverPhoenix wrote:I don't give respected players the right to make mistakes...
Lucky for me, I am not a respected player. I don't flake, I participate a great deal, I try to be funny, but that doesn't mean that my judgment and opinions are respected in games. They pretty much never are. Nonetheless - Quag's behavior and Adele's response to it scream scum to me. That's my opinion.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:33 am

Post by Thok »

Official Vote Count

d3sisted (2): (JDodge, scotmany12)
scotmany12 (2): (d3sisted, Korlash)
DrippingGoofball (2): (Aimee, Adele)
Korlash (1): (Mith)
Adele (1): (DrippingGoofball)
JDodge (0):
Aimee (0):
Mith (0):
Mastermind of Sin (0):

Not voting (1): (Mastermind of Sin)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:53 pm

Post by Aimee »

scotmany12 wrote:Um, because I don't necessarily view you as scum korlash. I'm following my gut on you, and right now I'm viewing you as a stubborn and misguided town. In fact, you are playing quite aggressive, and most of the time(at least through my experiences) the most aggressive players turn out to be town.
This is stupid... I'm not quite sure how you can argue that a
playstyle
is scummy.

I'm not sure what I think about Korlash's freely admitting he is bussing.

I need to re-read the DGB/Adele thing.
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:14 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

It was just the tone that struck me as haughty. I was kind of saying that in response to Adele's "fan-girlish" response-thing and your tone. And you might have been sarcastic about it, but you still said it.
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Aimee wrote:I'm not quite sure how you can argue that a playstyle is scummy.
Hmm....I have a hard time agreeing with that. Yes, scummieness is not completely dependent on playstyle, but we do judge people based on their actions, and henceforth their playstyle. I don't think anyone can honestly say that they play the same way for all roles.
[/i]
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:28 pm

Post by Korlash »

Silver wrote:I don't think anyone can honestly say that they play the same way for all roles.
I more or less do... I am always loud, for the most part unhelpful, and try to make a lot of jokes. Town, mafia, doc, vanilla, doesn't really matter to me...

But alas.. I cannot speak for the others...
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:45 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Korlash wrote:I cannot speak for the others...
Most
others. Although I have made the exact same mistakes in the past two games I've played in. XP
[/i]
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:04 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Korlash, I do not believe for a second that you play the exact same in every game, every alignment, every role.
This. Is. [color=red][b]SPARTA![/b][/color]

[color=red][b][i]V/LA Dec 22 - Jan 4[/i][/b][/color]
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by Korlash »

Oh i do... I act like an idiot, stay more or less off topic, make over half of my posts pointless.. and throw in a bit of jokes.. i admit this game I acted a bit differently because I got pissed off during day one...

But yeah... I at least TRY to act the same...

I figure if I play every game as if I were town, even if I am scum, I can hopefully come off as pro-town...

Then again I have yet to actually be over half the roles (i.e. Doc, cop, tracker, RB, etc) so I guess my claim is a bit premature eh... I still plan on acting the same no matter what...

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:01 am

Post by Adele »

SilverPhoenix wrote:
Aimee wrote:I'm not quite sure how you can argue that a playstyle is scummy.
Hmm....I have a hard time agreeing with that. Yes, scummieness is not completely dependent on playstyle, but we do judge people based on their actions, and henceforth their playstyle. I don't think anyone can honestly say that they play the same way for all roles.
I 100% agree. I mean, that's
why
quag claimed as he did. And Seol's always telling me, no matter how I try, I'll always have tells. It's just how it is.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:10 am

Post by mith »

Players
try
to act the same whatever their alignment for the most part, but rarely do they actually manage to do so.

I find it kinda funny that you claimed you do, and then had to admit you acted differently in this game.

Korlash's "if we had to waste all our stumps i would love to see..." doesn't read genuine to me at all. Listing himself might feel more pro-town if not for the fact that d3sisted had just done something similar, and he took it quite a bit further with the "love" wording. Further, he seems to be suggesting that it would be a
good thing
, or at least an acceptable thing, if we were to have four townies stump because it would prove them innocent - which is pretty silly, since we would then be in a lynch-or-lose situation.

Korlash, could you give a
brief
(one or two paragraph) explanation of why you find scotmany12 more suspicious than JDodge?

In other news, I agree with Adele's "I'm not happy with DGB", but I don't find her particularly scummy at the moment either. Partly because I found Max's jump on the Quagwagon the most townish, partly because it seems more a playstyle thing.

On the flip side, I am happy with Adele's content, but something about her wording still rubs me wrong. Just little things, mostly gut feeling, but if I have more time later I might see if I can put together a list of them and analyze it.

For reference (both yours and mine), my list at the moment looks something like:

Korlash
JDodge
Adele

Aimee
Mastermind of Sin
scotmany12

DrippingGoofball
d3sisted
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:11 am

Post by mith »

(That first bit was to Korlash, sorry. Forgot to preview.)
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:26 am

Post by Korlash »

Oh sure.. First off when i posted my huge thing JD answered me, Scot man laughed and said it was funny how much I "Contradicted" myself.

Also when you look at my two "new" lists where I spell out my issues I have more listed for Scot then I do for JD.

So plain and simple, for the most part I feel scot tried to ignore me earlier plus I find more about him scummy.
Mith wrote:Korlash's "if we had to waste all our stumps i would love to see..." doesn't read genuine to me at all. Listing himself might feel more pro-town if not for the fact that d3sisted had just done something similar, and he took it quite a bit further with the "love" wording. Further, he seems to be suggesting that it would be a good thing, or at least an acceptable thing, if we were to have four townies stump because it would prove them innocent - which is pretty silly, since we would then be in a lynch-or-lose situation.
I'm not saying it would be a good thing, but if the day went on for another bagillion years we would eventually HAVE to either lynch scum or have stumped one or two people yes? And if we say HAD to pick townies that we all went after, thus forcing them to stump, I would like to get the people I think are scum rather then the people I think are town. OF course everyone of us should feel that way I think.

Also whats your point with the D3sisted comment? I had already more or less said I had almost done the same thing earlier. No duh I'm going to still have the same feelings.
Mith wrote:I find it kinda funny that you claimed you do, and then had to admit you acted differently in this game.
I know... I haven't had enough time for jokes T_T

Wait... wait... Two men walk into a bar... The third one ducks! =D

Oh you guys are lame...

mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:43 am

Post by mith »

If you would like to get the people
you
think are scum, why did you list yourself?
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:37 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

[quote="mith]If you would like to get the people you think are scum, why did you list yourself?[/quote]
It is something that he has done the entire game. I believe he has voted himself at least twice, and when I asked him in D1 why, he basically sounded like a random reason. It might be a tactic to confuse us, but I can't be sure (I'm confused lol :P).
[/i]
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:30 am

Post by d3sisted »

Scotmany, why are you purposefully ignoring my proposal?
You do know what happened to the last guy who refused to stump, right?

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:34 am

Post by JDodge »

d3sisted wrote:Scotmany, why are you purposefully ignoring my proposal?
This is why you are scum
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:38 am

Post by d3sisted »

stop defending your partner so blatantly, it's embarassing...

scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:40 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Why would I stump when I only have two votes on me? That would be ludicrous, and I'm not going to stump because someone I believe to be scum told me to. And why should I stump if I have a chance on getting you lynched? If it ends up me having to stump, so be it, but I will not do it prematurely.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:50 am

Post by JDodge »

d3sisted wrote:Scotmany, why are you purposefully ignoring my proposal?
you're threatening a lynch on the basis of refusal to stump of someone with two votes.

this is why you're scum
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:42 pm

JDodge wrote:
this is why you're scum
Explain to me why he's scum, and not just town playing badly.

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by d3sisted »

If you really believe I am scum, why don't you take up my offer and stump yourself to out me? The only reason is that you know theres a greater than 50% chance of me coming up town, in which case you're just voting me off baseless arguments and fallacies.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”