Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by archaebob »

foilist13 wrote:
Unvote, Vote:AlmasterGM

Now Archaebob's responded, now there is no reason for me to keep my vote off of you.
AlmaserGm wrote:No. This is Day 1. There was no Night 0. With the exception of scum, nobody in this game knows more than anyone else. Given that fact, there is absolutely no reason we should be blindly accepting these promises of future information. I am not going to divert my attention onto other cases until archebob responds to mine. Once he responds, I'll think about it. The end. Why you continually endorse his evasive behavior is completely beyond me.
That last couple of sentences pretty much finishes it in my mind. After he responds you'll think about it? Really?
Can you please explain what specifically about those last couple of sentences you find suspicious? I don't think I quite understand your point.
cruelty wrote:
foilist13 wrote:
@SpyreX - Can you tell us who your suspects are in order? I assume your top one is Almaster based on your vote, but who else has raised your suspicions?
Goddamn.

Super re-vote @ foilist.

In order too. Why not just ask for a comprehensive scumlist?
What issue do you have with what foilist said here? I don't follow you.
AlmasterGM wrote:
cruelty wrote:
AlmasterGM wrote: I'm just going to wait for a wagon to formulate and then decide whether I like it or not.
Haha. Massive FOS @ AGM.

I don't understand why you'd say that, it's almost like you want to be lynched.
I love when people actually take it seriously and are like OMG U R SO SCUMMY IM VOTING 4 U.
Oh, so you were just joking?

Clever...
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

AB wrote: Oh, so you were just joking?

Clever...
Not nearly as clever as you, but yes. Anyone who hops on a statement like that is either dumb, scum, or tunneling REALLY hard.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by archaebob »

archaebob wrote:
@ Sanjay -

What do you think about this? And you didn't respond to my question.
Sanjay wrote:Oh, sorry archaebob.

I meant to declare that I was actively ignoring your question until foilist13 addresses mine.
foilist wrote:@Sanjay - No. I said I'd go more into depth, but when I went to make the post I realized that I really didn't have much of anything to post other than that I really wasn't thinking about it and the reasons I already posted still held true as weak as they are.
@ Sanjay -

well?
"Just asking, jeez..."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by archaebob »

AGM wrote: Not nearly as clever as you, but yes. Anyone who hops on a statement like that is either dumb, scum, or tunneling REALLY hard.
AGM, give us ONE good reason not to lynch you today. You've decided not to respond to my defense against you, which I accept as an implicit surrender. You have had nothing at all to say about any of the players currently under scrutiny, and nothing intelligent to say about anybody else either. I have yet to see a single pro-town contribution from you, and now it's as if you've completely given up on even trying to avoid being lynched.

So what should we make of you?
"Just asking, jeez..."
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by cruelty »

A joke huh. Writing that shit down for future use.
the nexus of the crisis
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Sure, archaebob.

On one hand, I do have a remarkably high threshold for what is too much evidence against foilist13 for me to imagine him as town. He has tried to put one over on the town as town. I know that. I understand that foilist13, despite his town win condition, was scummy-looking enough in 846 that Zachrulez could hammer an unclaimed cop without the ridiculous amount of suspicion that should entail.

On the other hand, I can make sense of why foilist13 acted the way he did in that game. I'm having a little trouble making sense of foilist13's actions this game. If I can't make sense of foilist13's actions, I'm going to advocate for his lynch.

I know foilist13 is bad at defending himself. I'm looking at his posts very carefully to try and figure out why he might have done what he did as town.

Do you think you have a good handle on what I am bothered about by about foilist13? If you'd like to weigh in on it, I'm fine with that.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

archaebob wrote:
AGM wrote: Not nearly as clever as you, but yes. Anyone who hops on a statement like that is either dumb, scum, or tunneling REALLY hard.
AGM, give us ONE good reason not to lynch you today. You've decided not to respond to my defense against you, which I accept as an implicit surrender. You have had nothing at all to say about any of the players currently under scrutiny, and nothing intelligent to say about anybody else either. I have yet to see a single pro-town contribution from you, and now it's as if you've completely given up on even trying to avoid being lynched.

So what should we make of you?
Sure. You can say all you want that I haven't done anything pro-town, but I also haven't done anything anti-town. The only actual arguments against me are 1) MordyS's contention that, by my own disproven logic from page 1, I'm scum and 2) Whatever SpyreX posted, which didn't really make sense to me. The reality is that people just implicitly WANT to vote for me because they don't like my arguments. Fine, they can vote that way, but just because I got my arguments beaten back doesn't make me scum. Not every argument posted is going to be a gamebreaker. I did my best to scumhunt, and it didn't have the best results. To come back and say "you're useless and unintelligent and scummy" (with massive loads of sarcasm thrown in for good measure, I might add) is wrong - if I die and flip town, are you all going to say "oh, well we were wrong so we must be scum?" No, you're going to move on, which is what I'm doing. If you want to vote for me, go find an actual reason. "You lost an argument" doesn't count.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by archaebob »

@ Sanjay -

What you say makes sense, but you'll have to forgive me for not being able to totally trust you with regards to your supposed opinion of foilist. And, as you can probably guess why, I don't expect that will be changing much either. :wink:

I'm curious what you think of peanutman.
"Just asking, jeez..."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by archaebob »

AGM, your vote is still on me. Am i still your top suspect?
"Just asking, jeez..."
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

P.S. I want to claim at L-1, so don't quickhammer.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by Sanjay »

archaebob wrote:@ Sanjay -

What you say makes sense, but you'll have to forgive me for not being able to totally trust you with regards to your supposed opinion of foilist. And, as you can probably guess why, I don't expect that will be changing much either. :wink:

I'm curious what you think of peanutman.
Oh, that's another reason why I'm not as worried about foilist. I know that if someone is purposely asking foilist questions that I don't think he'll have good answers to, at least it isn't me this time. I know that's little comfort to you, but it is some comfort to me.

Or, you know, supposed comfort.

I can't imagine how you got to be this mistrusting, archaebob. It's not healthy. But if you want to remind everyone that I come off as rather townish as scum every once in a while, go right ahead.

As for peanutman, I haven't read peanutman very closely. I haven't posted all my opinions as quickly as I would have liked. foilist13's reaction to my first post was kind of interesting so my last few posts have been dedicated to that tangent.

AlmasterGM is my next player I want to comment on, so it might be a little bit before I comment on peanutman.

Is there a particular reason why you are asking me about peanutman, archaebob?
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by archaebob »

Sanjay wrote: Is there a particular reason why you are asking me about peanutman, archaebob?
Yes. I posted a massive case on peanutman, so I want opinions.
"Just asking, jeez..."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:46 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Archaebob wrote:Can you please explain what specifically about those last couple of sentences you find suspicious? I don't think I quite understand your point.
AlmasterGM wrote:No. This is Day 1. There was no Night 0. With the exception of scum, nobody in this game knows more than anyone else. Given that fact, there is absolutely no reason we should be blindly accepting these promises of future information. I am not going to divert my attention onto other cases until archebob responds to mine.
Once he responds, I'll think about it. The end.
Why you continually endorse his evasive behavior is completely beyond me.
The bolded sentences are the ones I was referring to. He is taking a distinctly self righteous and anti-town attitude here, and I am quickly running out of reasons to want to keep him here. I think he is scum, but even if he isn't, he certainly is not helpful, which makes him a better choice than any other lynch candidates in my mind.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by archaebob »

Since when is being self-righteous anti-town?
foilist13 wrote: Archaebob, the attention is on you now.

unvote, Vote:Archaebob until he posts something of relevance, and then depending on his answers.
"Just asking, jeez..."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by foilist13 »

AlmasterGM wrote:Once he responds, I'll think about it. The end.
since that post.
AlmasterGM wrote: Sure. You can say all you want that I haven't done anything pro-town, but I also haven't done anything anti-town
since this post.
AlmasterGM wrote:This game is too complicated. I might go back and re-read, but this thread is more muddled than the original text of Beowulf, so I'm just going to wait for a wagon to formulate and then decide whether I like it or not.
or this one.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:57 pm

Post by archaebob »

@ AGM -

I strongly recommend that you make yourself useful doing some sort of scum-hunting. Post your opinions on people. Ask questions. Whether or not you are scum, you are the least costly mislynch right now by like a million miles. You will be lynched today no matter what if that's still true at deadline, and I think you could do wonders for your case by taking steps to change that.
"Just asking, jeez..."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Almaster - I think it would be a good time to point out that you claiming some sort of power role won't influence my opinion at all unless it is accompanied by some sort of scum hunting as Archaebob has suggested.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by archaebob »

@ foilist -

so...being self-righteous has been anti-town since AGM wrote those posts? Meaning...it wasn't before?

Do you think those posts that you've quoted are at all inconsistent with the rest of his play?

Also, I'd like to know who else is topping your scum list. If AGM is your number one pick, then give me slots 2-4.
"Just asking, jeez..."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Archaebob - If Almaster pulls his act together and we don't decide to lynch him, who would be your next suspect?

Also, I don't think I've seen you comment on MordyS or Gammagooey recently. So in keeping with your motto of keeping an eye on all of the players, what are your takes on them?
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:09 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Being self righteous by itself is not necessarily anti-town, but refusing to cooperate is, and self righteousness fuels that.

You asked "since when" so the logical response is "Since then," but that doesn't necessarily mean that he wasn't like that before those posts, those are just the most concrete and recent examples. That attitude is the one I've been generally getting from him the whole game, and it isn't helpful.

As far as listing my next few suspects, no. I'm going to go get clearer reads on them before I list them with reasons, as that would just indicate how they should defend themselves before I've made a good case. That aside, I think that Almaster is scum, and I'm wanting to lynch him when the day is done. There are a couple other people I'm suspicious of, but again, I'd rather not post them yet.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by archaebob »

foilist13 wrote:@Archaebob - If Almaster pulls his act together and we don't decide to lynch him, who would be your next suspect?
I haven't decided yet. I also never said that AGM is my current top pick for scum.
foilist13 wrote: I don't think I've seen you comment on MordyS or Gammagooey recently. So in keeping with your motto of keeping an eye on all of the players, what are your takes on them?
I think they're town.
archaebob wrote: @ foilist -

so...being self-righteous has been anti-town since AGM wrote those posts? Meaning...it wasn't before?

Do you think those posts that you've quoted are at all inconsistent with the rest of his play?

Also, I'd like to know who else is topping your scum list. If AGM is your number one pick, then give me slots 2-4.
I don't think I quite caught your answers to these. Would you mind repeating them?
"Just asking, jeez..."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by archaebob »

EBWOP:

ninja'd

ignore the last line
"Just asking, jeez..."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by foilist13 »

foilist13 two seconds ago wrote:Being self righteous by itself is not necessarily anti-town, but refusing to cooperate is, and self righteousness fuels that.
Archaebob wrote:I haven't decided yet. I also never said that AGM is my current top pick for scum.
I didn't say he was, I asked who would you want to lynch in lieu of him, seeing as right now he seems to be the most likely lynch candidate.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:16 pm

Post by archaebob »

foilist13 wrote: I didn't say he was, I asked who would you want to lynch in lieu of him, seeing as right now he seems to be the most likely lynch candidate.
I'll trade you my top three for your top three (not counting AGM, for both of us).
"Just asking, jeez..."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:24 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Fine, but I don't have strong cases on any of them.

1) Almaster (obviously)

2) Cruelty - He doesn't seem to be interested in cooperating with the town.

3) Peanutman - Your case was convincing enough, but part of it hinged on me being scum which weakened it significantly in my eyes.

4) Papa Zito - Because he hasn't posted
ANYTHING.
Lexprod was still in at the last vote count, and I don't see any posts from his replacement at all since then.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”