Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:28 am

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Actually, not so huge after all.
malthusis wrote:N1: Roffman
N2: DGB
N3: Panzer
N4: Seraphim (Side note: somehow got a 'phase counter', any comments on this Seraphim?)
N5:ToD

(Note about choices: I tried to check every possible thing my power could do, vig,resurrect, bring back people, etc. I'd be convinced by now that this does nothing, but I'm wondering what that phase counter does).
...okay, my theory's wrong. The basic idea was based on the first part of veerus's post 311:
Based on role information I have, every player has 2 "states" and people in opposite states have full protection from the other's abilities.
I got a phase counter last night, so my theory was that the phase counters had to do with this "states" idea. From there I wanted to see what living players other than myself had been targeted, since I guessed malt's ability gives out these phase counters. Ah well, I guess I'll just have to ask veerus what he meant when he gets back.

@Seraphim: The PM I got just says that I got a phase counter, that I don't know what it does, and that it might do nothing. I'd expect malt's says the same.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:25 am

Post by malthusis »

@ToD: What you said at least clears up what happened to the mafia kills. I'm starting to think that veerus is probably last scum.

If on Day 3, there really were 4 scum out (which by all means there practically was) that means that only 1 person out of the group of 5 wasn't scum.

The group of 5 was: (for reference)

Panzer (scum)
Budja (scum)
Percy (scum)
Me
Veerus

Obviously I don't think I'm scum, and I'm starting to have a hunch veerus is the last scum after all. Therefore I will
Vote: Veerus
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:46 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

malthusis is town.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:27 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I think ToD may be town after all.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:36 am

Post by malthusis »

*anxiously waits for people other then DGB to talk*
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Seraphim »

Not much to say until veerus comes back, honestly. Even though I'm almost 100% sure he's scum, I still want to give him a chance to defend himself.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:55 pm

malthusis wrote:@ToD: What you said at least clears up what happened to the mafia kills.
Not really. Or not just yet, at any rate. My theory hinges on a couple of things about which I want to see what veerus has to say before I definitively make a statement about them.

malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:15 am

Post by malthusis »

*whistles* :?
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:23 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

As I informed veerus earlier, he has until the end of the day (*MAYBE* until the end of tomorrow) to post or he will be replaced. I'll line up a replacement later today, at any rate. - Tar
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by veerus »

I'm back. I'll try to re-read today.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by Seraphim »

veerus wrote:I'm back. I'll try to re-read today.
We eagerly await your content.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by veerus »

Why does everyone think I'm scum? Maybe it's because I'm jetlagged or I skimmed too quickly, but I haven't really seen a case on me.

Personally I think TOD is scum. The reason? His claim. We were warned before the game started that this game will have highly complicated roles with no vanillas. A "presumably" vanilla townie with no real abilities 5 days into the game seems extremely fishy to me. In addition, I have further proof -- see claim below.

Since we're in LYLO, I'll claim.

I am Kuyoh Suoh, the townie phaser. Apparently I'm a humanoid interface constructed by the Sky Canopy Domain with orders to preserve nonhostiles. As long as I'm in the game, players with phase counters have protection from players with no phase counters and vice versa. Each day, I can choose a player on whom I can place said phase counter. This ability resolves as a roleblock. I have targeted: afatchick on D1 (due to replacement, I'm not sure if this townie kidnapper used his ability, therefore there may be a phase counter floating around I'm not aware of), Panzerjager on D2, D3 was roleblocked by the global roleblock, then TOD right before I left (therefore it took effect this past twilight).

Working on the assumption that I'm the only one with ability to play with this phasing thing (since no one really reacted to the first time I mentioned it), I believe that there was no mafia kill yesterday because TOD was phased while everyone in the game was unphased therefore gaining protection from his kill.

Therefore,
vote: TOD
-Fight Club
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Wait...but Malt has a phase counter too. Am I correct? Who did you target yesterday on Day 5? Or Day 4? Whatever day you didn't make a claim for?

I'm creating a theory...if this phase counter thing is true then town may have this game in the bag already regardless of who is scum. In fact, if veerus isn't phased and I'm not phased, and everyone else is...ha, town win. Excellent.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by veerus »

erm.. did I miss a day? Hmm... I need to label my PM's better. (sorry Tar.. I imagine it's twice as confusing for you!)

I did try to counter Malthusis D3, but was told that my action was roleblocked. I reviewed my PM's again and I tried to phase him on D4 (when did he say he had the counter? I must've missed it). Tar also implied that I would not be told if my counter would have no effect (as per malt's untargetable at night claim). Where did he claim that he had the counter?

TOD was phased D5 before I left.

It makes sense that TOD tried to kill you yesterday since you were the only truly confirmed town and failed due to phasing. At least that's my theory.. what's yours?
-Fight Club
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by malthusis »

I can see how your theory may work, but don't forget we still have to lynch the scum, and considering we lynch ToD (veerus's thought) if veerus is scum he can still kill us (Even though I think he's scum, I still believe his claim). In fact, we can lynch anybody but him and hr can still control his phase in/out stance and take us out. Therefore I still believe lynching veerus is the right thing to do.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:24 pm

Post by malthusis »

simul-post :)

Look at post #425 on this page.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by malthusis »

It makes sense that TOD tried to kill you yesterday since you were the only truly confirmed town and failed due to phasing. At least that's my theory.. what's yours?
That's a null tell and total BS. It wouldn't have mattered phase or not, I still wouldn't have been killed. You did see my major theory that seriously implied you, right?
I'm starting to think that veerus is probably last scum.

If on Day 3, there really were 4 scum out (which by all means there practically was) that means that only 1 person out of the group of 5 wasn't scum.

Panzer (scum)
Budja (scum)
Percy (scum)
Me
Veerus

Obviously I don't think I'm scum, and I'm starting to have a hunch veerus is the last scum after all. Therefore I will Vote: Veerus
Does this show you why I suspect you?
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:34 pm

Wait, it gets better, Ser. Roleblocks probably resolve before kills, and malt got a phase counter D4. So if malthusis is scum, he wouldn't have been able to kill D4, and his only possible target D5 would have been me.
Vote: malthusis.

...when was malthusis confirmed town, veerus?

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Alright, let's format this out, nice and smooth now.

Day 1: veerus targets afatchick
Day 2: veerus targets Panzer
Day 3: veerus targets malt which is blocked
Day 4: veerus targets malt
Day 5: veerus targets ToD

Now, let's check the NKs:
Day 1: DGB is killed by unknown Beta goon
roffman is killed by Budja Alpha
FL is killed by Ortolan SK

Day 2: Ortolan is killed by Percy Beta goon
Alpha-kill is blocked.
Panzer crystals ToD.
SK kill is blocked.

Day 3: No kills, all are blocked

Day 4: No kills

Day 5: No kills

I need to better read through this info...however, I should be able to double-check with dead players if they got phase counters or not. If veerus is telling the truth about using his ability on afatchic on D1, he can't have killed DGB.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by veerus »

Trumpet of Doom wrote:
He wasn't.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by veerus »

malthusis wrote:@ToD: What you said at least clears up what happened to the mafia kills. I'm starting to think that veerus is probably last scum.

Panzer (scum)
Budja (scum)
Percy (scum)
Me
Veerus

Obviously I don't think I'm scum, and I'm starting to have a hunch veerus is the last scum after all. Therefore I will
Vote: Veerus
I did miss this at first.

Your theory has one, rather large, hole. TOD was also a non-dead player at the time meaning there were 6 players on that list with 2 not scum. You're a good enough player, I think, not to miss this which makes me think you're omitting this fact on purpose to convince the town to mislynch me for the lose.

Since the phase counter was placed on you and TOD, the lack of kills could be attributed to either one of you. Tar implied that I wouldn't get a message if my counter had no effect as you implied by your untargetable claim.

There's only one thing that doesn't make sense to me. If I countered Panzer, he should not have been able to jail TOD... I'm not sure what to think of it except to assume that TOD or Panzer started with a phase counter (2nd counter removes all counters) or I was blocked. Let's think on this:

1) I was blocked - this seems unlikely to me as Tar seems to have placed an emphasis on abilities affecting other active players and not being blocked.
2) Panzer started with a counter (or acquired one prior to the action in question) - this also seems unlikely as the lack of kill on day 4 seems to imply that he were unable to make the kills because he was the only one with a counter at the time (plus malt after D4).
3) TOD started with a counter (or acquired one prior to the action in question) - this seems the most plausible explanation. Which means my counter placed a 2nd counter on TOD thus removing all counters.

Assuming this line of thinking is plausible, malt is the only living player with a counter on him. Lack of a kill since D4 seems to support this theory especially when you consider that TOD wasn't around during twilight of Day 4.

I would like to see what DGB/Seraphim think as the confirmed townspeople. But I'll
unvote
for now.
-Fight Club
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:09 pm

Post by malthusis »

I think I have an idea to help unclutter this mess, I think I may know what my special ability. I think I redirect things off myself to hit other people! It fits with all my night actions, Scum actually hit me day 1, (reflected to hit roffman) my day 2 and 3 did nothing, Day 4 I reflected your ability to hit ToD and Day 5 ToD took the 2nd phase counter, making him neutral. The only problem is(and it is a big one), how the hell did I get a phase counter? I'll
Unvote
for now.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:17 am

No, I only have one phase counter. Any theory that depends on me having two will be wrong.
veerus wrote:
Trumpet of Doom wrote:
He wasn't.
Then where did you get this from:
veerus wrote:It makes sense that TOD tried to kill you yesterday since you were the only truly confirmed town and failed due to phasing.

veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:42 am

Post by veerus »

That was addressed to Seraphim.
-Fight Club
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:47 am

Oh, my bad. That makes yet another game I've misread something in... :oops:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”