Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #4100 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:07 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 4096, FakeGod wrote:
In post 4085, Katsuki wrote: As for you BIPOLAR MAFIA ppl fuck you guys I correctly identified scum and scum decided to lolhammer me. Claiming as a protective role without threat is lolzy = =.
Shut up Kat

We won that game for you
to be fair, we windmill-slammed a Kats lynch day 1 mostly for the lulz
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4101 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:25 am

Post by The Critic »

PeregrineV had a fakeclaim since Rent wasn't a safe musical to claim.
The Critic wrote:You know that Reefer Madness is not a role in this game. AIDS and Rent are very closely linked, so you have Reefer Madness as a fake flavor claim in the event that you have to fake claim.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4102 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:46 am

Post by kuribo »

Marquis tried to CPR doc me but if he had gone for FakeGod instead that would have been very bad for scum

Kats I originally planned to hide behind you N2 and def would have N3
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4103 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:50 am

Post by Elyse »

Great job mastin and Katsuki! The odds were against you guys but you really pulled it off!

I was scum in 4 games at once when this game was going on and you guys made me go 4-0 so thanks! <3

I really enjoyed my scumteam and it was a fun/funny game. Being confscum is awesome.

Also, I'm still kicking myself for not using ninja, but as Mina said in the dead QT, we were expecting a tracker and not a watcher. Oh well. I guess it didn't matter in the end.

Great job mods and thanks for a cool setup!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4104 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:51 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 4085, Katsuki wrote:Hey APBROS just saying, I would’ve used the gladiator on you guys N1 as town if not for the fact that we thought you were our traitor rofl. Even when we finally confirmed you as not being our traitor, we still thought you were SK or something. That's how scummy you were, where even scum were convinced you were scum (mastin wasn't lying about his 100% guarantee btw).
Not to mention your constant yelling of others throwing the game is pretty fucking rude considering you guys got mislynched and were perceived to be useless enough that no one even bothered looking at your reads. You guys have never played with me before, so you can’t possibly know why or what DGB picked up on that made her think I was town (I’m pretty sure what it was), and while everyone may have had reads they were wrong about, your slot’s play was single-handedly the worst of the game, from clogging up the game with spam to antagonizing a large majority of the playerbase. Going on about how right you were and how badly everyone else played was pretty disrespectful.
hey you know what else was rude being confirmed town and having dgb refusing to put me in a town block cos I had you guys as scum and frat bros as town and actively working against me in the game whenever I tried to form any type of cohesion yeah I would say that was kind of rude. but hey it just a game so

I don't think the problem is that frat bros were acting scummy cos town sometimes does, it is that there are few players who can differentiate between scumflail and townflail and seem to be unwilling to learn. <-------- most important skill a town player can have IMO.

as far as frat bros in the dead qt, I think they got sufficient feedback at how unpleasant trashing players hardcore and spamming the thread is. at least I hope so.

I am pleased that my reads were decent I had kit thing, waffles and sven as scum on d1 and except for molla my town reads were pretty good. my retarded paranoia over skelda was just awful and while some may argue that my d1 outing was suboptimal, I don't think it was as bad as people made it out to be. if dgb and I could have worked together I think it could have really firmed up some town reads (like mac omg why did you people lynch him) and bottlnecked scum's options for end of game play.

I am going to read molla's iso again cos it was the first time I actually got a scumread off of an iso alone (even tho I totally thought I was wrong and decided to townread him instead), usually I only use the iso feature to find key points in the thread and read up on them. mebbe I am finally going to learn how to properly do it.

super excited that my read on perv was correct!!!1!! I have probably played with perv at least 10 games and he is always opaque to me I can never read him so yaye! gonna go back and reread to see why I thought that. perv, welcome to my meta spreadsheet. :twisted:

best feedback I got from some1 recently was faraday and while I am not sure if he was considering this game when he gave it, this game really came to mind when he told me to let my votes percolate a bit and not switch them around as much. I am thinking of my vote on sven cos I think I changed only a few hours later.

@ brian

this is the second lylo I have watched you in and I think you are being too hard on yourself cos you don't suck at all. only advice is to go to that medical mafia game we played and do a comparison mebbe? I know the 2 games are very different but it might be interesting to note what your thoughts were and the thinking space you were in at the time.

anyways thanks for the game the critic! I liked the set-up.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4105 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:56 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 4097, BROseidon wrote:
In post 4092, Katsuki wrote:Kuribo claiming fucking hider D1 kinda broke things open though.
This+mollie claiming. If mollie doesn't claim and that first kill goes onto a protected DGB instead, it's gg.

In retrospect AP/I should have faked the lover target since I think mollie/AA9 would have seen what we would be doing and gone along with it.

Maybe.

I dunno it seems like a strong play in retrospect.

And it's also amusing that scum ended up winning on the fact that the CPR doc has later NAR than a kill.
I would like to think so yeah, but considering how retarded I got on skelda 1 should never rule out my paranoia and where it takes me. :oops:

@ elyse

your confscum play was awsumly funny and I agree there is nothing more fun than being confscum and trolling town as you go down.

oh and sven's modkill for starting a thread in the md was pretty awsum too. why did he do that.
whew!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #4106 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:20 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

quadz and I deliberated for a while about that modkill, and it seemed like the best way to preserve game integrity. in the end, it seemed too likely that the slot was compromised.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4107 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:29 am

Post by pirate mollie »

I think almost every1 agrees it was a good call but why did sven do that mebbe we should have a discussion about how you shouldn't milk md for guidance by starting threads about ongoing games. <---- should be obvious but wow it did happen.
whew!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #4108 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:33 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

we still felt incredibly shitty about raising the degree of difficulty so drastically for UK.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4109 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:00 am

Post by pirate mollie »

you shouldn't feel that shitty considering they won :P

it would be interesting to hear from kit thing if they thought it made the game harder or easier for them. if I were in their shoes I personally would be cheering since a wildcard like sven had the potential to drag me down with them. it might have helped them in some ways since it gave town a false sense of security and there would not have been a trail to link them to sven if say he had been lynched compared to a modkill which left no trail.
whew!
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #4110 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:31 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 4097, BROseidon wrote:
In post 4092, Katsuki wrote:Kuribo claiming fucking hider D1 kinda broke things open though.
This+mollie claiming.
No what I meant was, when kuribo claimed, it broke the setup open because the town PRs were able to action accordingly around his hides (JK and watch on DGB N1). If CTD didn't die, it was impossible for the hide target to die, and if scum tried to kill, there was a watcher to spot it. I would've been screwed hard because I KNEW kuribo was going to hide behind me sooner than later (hence why we HAD to kill off FG N2, we had no other choice. I had already dodged a bullet with kuribo not choosing me N2).
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #4111 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:35 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 4095, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 4094, Katsuki wrote:No one is ever confirmed in LYLO.
Lol? I didn't treat you as one and I've already had that happen to me before.
I mean yeah. Your LYLO analysis were really nice though, but what I meant is that some scum will set things up such that there IS no other option except the mislynch target for scum. Don't feel down about this game, you really played well.

Only time I've lost in LYLO as scum, I got wagon-ed before I even got to post. They were that certain that I had bussed both my buddies. Maybe the only thing I have to add is base less of LYLO decisions on what dead scum have said, and look more at what you see (if this makes sense? i dunno i tend to suck at explaining things)
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #4112 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:36 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 4099, BROseidon wrote:
In post 4093, Brian Skies wrote:Anyways, constructive criticism/negative feedback so I don't suck so hard next time?
Most immediate thing that comes to mind w/o re-reading your posts is to work on your theory game. You should have known that Mac was conftown because the game was pretty obviously 15:5:1 and he gave you a meat pie with only 1 scum alive (meaning he couldn't be scum).
I don't see how Mac was conftown. I wouldn'tve taken him as such as town anyways.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #4113 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:39 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 4106, Untrod Tripod wrote:quadz and I deliberated for a while about that modkill, and it seemed like the best way to preserve game integrity. in the end, it seemed too likely that the slot was compromised.
Yeah it was kinda unavoidable. You guys did make the right call even if we hate you for making things more difficult for us. :P
In post 4109, pirate mollie wrote:you shouldn't feel that shitty considering they won :P

it would be interesting to hear from kit thing if they thought it made the game harder or easier for them. if I were in their shoes I personally would be cheering since a wildcard like sven had the potential to drag me down with them. it might have helped them in some ways since it gave town a false sense of security and there would not have been a trail to link them to sven if say he had been lynched compared to a modkill which left no trail.
Def harder. When you kill sven, you lower our win threshold (from only having to mislynch 2 to mislynching 3 at that point I think). Not only that, but you also lose an additional NK, because even if we had to bus sven, we would've had an additional NK to work with. I can't say how the game would've went with sven alive, but evidently it didn't go too badly without so.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #4114 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:46 am

Post by Mina »

Actually, Marquis's kill target that night was Sven (kuribo, you keep forgetting that Marquis's claim to have targeted you was a gambit!). If Marquis had sent in a kill before the modkill and deadline was extended, we'd have lost, but as luck would have it, the modkill had no effect on the game.

*hug* for UT and quadz. Those kinds of decisions are always nasty.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #4115 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:00 am

Post by Katsuki »

Also yeah that NAR... we really were lucky this game.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #4116 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:18 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

well part of the issue with Marquis target was that (not accusing Marquis of unsportsmanlike behavior) there was a small but nonzero chance that he was targeting Sven because of the thread
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4117 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:35 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 4104, pirate mollie wrote:I am pleased that my reads were decent I had kit thing, waffles and sven as scum on d1 and except for molla my town reads were pretty good. my retarded paranoia over skelda was just awful and while some may argue that my d1 outing was suboptimal, I don't think it was as bad as people made it out to be. if dgb and I could have worked together I think it could have really firmed up some town reads (like mac omg why did you people lynch him) and bottlnecked scum's options for end of game play.
The reason it was bad is that you had the best reads at that point, so giving scum extra incentive to kill you was bad.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4118 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:39 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 4112, Katsuki wrote:I don't see how Mac was conftown. I wouldn'tve taken him as such as town anyways.
In games with a fruitvendor, it's going to be standard that scum can't use both the NK and a non-killing power in the same night b/c that would be super bastard.

He gave a pie to Brian on night 4.

When there was only 1 scum left (which town should have spec'd b/c a groupscum of 5 is standard in 21 players. A group of 6, especially given the strength of the revealed daykill+likely Ninja shots somewhere to deal with watcher), Mac couldn't have both performed a kill AND sent out a pie.

He sent a pie out the night Sven was modkilled.

Therefore he was conftown.

A lot of people on this site need to work on theory points. A lot of people are super suboptimal in how they deal with specific situations that pretty much have a correct answer.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4119 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:39 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 4115, Katsuki wrote:Also yeah that NAR... we really were lucky this game.
If Marquis had just waffled less and shot you the night before, town would have won and Marquis would have been MVP.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4120 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:58 am

Post by notscience »

I'm mad Mac got lynched, and then UK got away with the lynch.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #4121 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:20 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 4117, BROseidon wrote:
In post 4104, pirate mollie wrote:I am pleased that my reads were decent I had kit thing, waffles and sven as scum on d1 and except for molla my town reads were pretty good. my retarded paranoia over skelda was just awful and while some may argue that my d1 outing was suboptimal, I don't think it was as bad as people made it out to be. if dgb and I could have worked together I think it could have really firmed up some town reads (like mac omg why did you people lynch him) and bottlnecked scum's options for end of game play.
The reason it was bad is that you had the best reads at that point, so giving scum extra incentive to kill you was bad.
It was kinda irrelevant though because she died for her role, along with other reasons.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4122 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:47 am

Post by BROseidon »

So you're agreeing with me?

I'm confused what your point there is.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4123 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:02 am

Post by Mac »

well well. superb play from UK, immensely frustrating to lock horns with and immensely frustrating to watch town turn against themselves when I've pretty much set it up on a plate that UK was lying scum.

good game nonetheless.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4124 (ISO) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:39 am

Post by Marquis »

I had planned on shooting UK no matter what to get over my paranoia but never could bring myself to make a decision in time, and then "oh fuck 5p"
link in bio

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”