Gay Mafia II: RIDE THE LIGHTNING (Game Over)

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4075 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:10 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 4074, zoraster wrote:kuribo, i don't deny this is true, but does it need to be said during the game? does that really help anything?

probably not, but I dunno if you've noticed, I tend not to stop and consider that sort of thing before I post during games :-p
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #4076 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:50 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 4072, kuribo wrote:since we're talking about Fate

It annoyed the unending dog piss out of my mancock that Zoidberg thought I wouldn't lynch Fate as part of some "fan club" or whatever

Sure, he was scum, but the point I was making was that ScumFate is usually harder to pick off on Day 1. I myself rarely have a read on the guy first day. And he's pretty much never going to be the Day 1 lynch, regardless of his alignment. I've pushed wagon on scumfate before. I've called his bluff during gambits. But none of this ever happened the first day.

I'd say the same about DGB, some players are extremely hard to lynch. And players that don't lynch easily generally don't get lynched on Day 1.

Why don't you do it D1? I don't get this attitude of "these players are usually too hard to lynch D1, lets not try". If the playerbase is competent, these players will get lynched.
Aside note, sadly enough the players I can read best are all the "charismatic impossible to lynch" types... :P

@Iece: If we're going to take the argument of hydra QT, Fate claimed scum with those first 3 posts he posted in the game thread so it's not like he only got caught BECAUSE of the hydra QT (though both his and nuwen's posting in there was atrocious).
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #4077 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:55 pm

Post by kuribo »

It isn't that it's too hard to try, it's more that I generally don't have a solid read on Fate Day 1

of course, I've freely admitted that I'm at my weakest on my first day of play. even when I replace into games, the first day that I join the game is the time when I have the hardest time developing my reads

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Working Manju
Working Manju
Goon
Working Manju
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4078 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:06 pm

Post by Working Manju »

In post 4073, zoraster wrote:And it's not like it was a MISTAKE either, Fate acknowledged he was posting on his personal account and basically said "fuck it." It was just inconvenient for you. Which sucks for the game. If you're going to be a hydra, be a hydra.

is this really a problem when multiple iso exists? i guess it's bad etiquette but as far as gameplay goes it's no different than saying "hi this is user X" at the top of your post

also this was a cool game or something. not a whitenoise post
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4079 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:29 am

Post by zoraster »

yes, it's a problem.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4080 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:43 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I think the members of SlumberPartyBois were rather successful at creating a hydra with "one voice."
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #4081 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:54 pm

Post by Fate »

In post 4078, Working Manju wrote:
In post 4073, zoraster wrote:And it's not like it was a MISTAKE either, Fate acknowledged he was posting on his personal account and basically said "fuck it." It was just inconvenient for you. Which sucks for the game. If you're going to be a hydra, be a hydra.

is this really a problem when multiple iso exists? i guess it's bad etiquette but as far as gameplay goes it's no different than saying "hi this is user X" at the top of your post

also this was a cool game or something. not a whitenoise post

In post 4079, zoraster wrote:yes, it's a problem.

That's not a reason, it just sounds like a lazy excuse for "I don't have a good argument, it just pisses me off."

Like seriously, if the mod gets on my ass about it I'll usually acquiesce. But PLAYERS? Multiple ISO exists. Hell, knowing WHO is making the post is the same as fucking signing a post in a hydra account, and HELPS you get a better read on a hydra.

So, from what I see Zor, it "annoying" to you. IS annoying worth a modkill/force replace that fucks up the game state? Seriously?

Would it be any different if I changed my avatar every day to make it that much harder to follow who was posting what?

I'm pretty sure you just need to take out that stick out of your ass, and realize everything actually is much better when you're not constantly hurting yourself.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #4082 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:09 pm

Post by zoraster »

I just didn't want to get into it, which is why I didn't explain further. But I feel like it's an issue. Part of the way the game works is slots have identities (even when hydras sign posts). Even when you can iso people, having three (in this case really 2, Nuwen only had 8 posts) people for the same slot at the same time is confusing and works contrary to the overall atmosphere of the game. And it's certainly less than ideal for trying to read through a large game with a lot of people because part of the way reading people works (at least for me) is an association between the name/avatar of a player and what they're posting in context (i.e. in the actual game, not in isos). So when you post repeatedly outside of that, it becomes harder to read the game.

I wasn't pissed that you occasionally posted on the wrong account. That's mildly annoying, but many people make that mistake when they play in a hydra. I was pissed that you basically said, "I don't care what the fuck you guys think. I get to do what I want" and then purposefully posted on your account because you couldn't be bothered to log into your hydra account that you had agreed to play on.

I don't think I would modkill/force replace immediately, no. That's why I said I was being hyperbolic. If I warned you as a mod and you continued to do it, then probably. I think when you take on a hydra, you do so in part as an agreement with the other players that you'll try to post as one account (even if you have separate identities). Your making life difficult just because you can seems pretty selfish to me.

The whole reasoning you offer falls flat. Why even bother have hydra accounts at all? Why not just let two or three people "team up" and post as one player slot but on different accounts in the first place? It's because we tend to value having one account to one player slot.

The avatar thing would be pretty annoying, yes. And an asshole move again. But at least when I sat down and read through the game it would be the same.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #4083 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:08 am

Post by zoraster »

the more I think about the ending of this game, the more I realize how much I enjoyed it and how I wish I hadn't given the impression I had anything other than a lot of fun.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #4084 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:47 am

Post by Fate »

I think you missed the part where I was scum this game.

being an asshole was part of the game plan.

obviously I would have stopped the moderator told me to or asked me too. it's where you as a player request that I get modkilked where ito get completely horseshit
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #4085 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:56 am

Post by zoraster »

i didn't request that during the game, although I did request he do something about it. I didn't care about you being an asshole. Town or scum I'd expect nothing less from you depending on your objective.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4086 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:40 pm

In post 4083, zoraster wrote:the more I think about the ending of this game, the more I realize how much I enjoyed it and how I wish I hadn't given the impression I had anything other than a lot of fun.

Phew! I would hope that you're not angry with me!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #4087 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:42 pm

Post by zoraster »

hahaha i wasn't angry at you at all! I was pretty angry at dramonic for being pretty dumb and/or lazy about thinking but you did wonderfully.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4088 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:52 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

The people who lived past day 4 or 5 in this game were stupid
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #4089 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:37 pm

Post by kuribo »

DGB played brilliantly and she made sure that the people who would see through The Mist didn't live to endgame, though, chesskid

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4090 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

It's so easy to win as scum on this site because of dumb people. I've literally won as scum before in a 10-2-1 or 9-2-1 I forget when we lynched the SK day 1, my partner got copped night 1, and I just rode a lurktrain to victory. Did I play brilliantly, by masterfully killing the few people who didn't have me as town lurker?

Nope.

Did DGB deserve to win?

Nope.

Did the retards deserve to lose?

Yep.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4091 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:35 am

SORE LOSER DETECTED

BAD SPORSTMANSHIP ALERT

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #4092 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:20 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 4090, chesskid3 wrote:It's so easy to win as scum on this site because of dumb people.

I dunno, to win Catch-22, I had to:

be such a douche that my own godfather replaced out
air all of my personal business on the site
bus every single one of my scumbuddies into oblivion
lie relentlessly to some of my favorite posters
get deus-ex-machima in the form of an unexpected doc protect
burn my town meta to the ground so violently that I now have a hard time convincing people I'm town
get obviously town players lynched as they one by one began to suspect me
face the creeping realization that i will never have that much fun as scum again :(

although I admit that setting up the endgame scenario in which Toogs voted himself figuring the game was auto-win... that was pretty fun

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #4093 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:20 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 4092, kuribo wrote:get deus-ex-machima in the form of an unexpected doc protect

SELF doc protect, that is

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #4094 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:36 am

Post by kuribo »

Scumbag kuribo:

JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4095 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:44 am

Post by JacobSavage »

Dat transparency...
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #4096 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:46 am

Post by kuribo »

I'VE MADE MY CHOICE OF FONT DAMMIT

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4097 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:55 am

Let's not forget:

kill kuribo
act suspicious enough that the other faction doesn't shoot you at night, but not suspicious enough to actually get lynched
guessing who the other faction might NK so that you don't both shoot the same player and screw up the numbers
start massaging lynches weeks ahead of time
unlynchables get NK'd, hard lynches get priority, easy lynches are kept on the backburner for endgame
annihilate the other faction, but keep one alive to LyLo to help with the NKs
start out trying to lynch scum, but when there's only one left, go after townies only
exploit the site meta of no NK-speculation to NK your enemies with impunity
when POE finally points to you as scum, steer the lynch of the confirmed townie instead
kill the last scum

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #4098 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:36 am

Post by Faraday »

In post 4088, chesskid3 wrote:The people who lived past day 4 or 5 in this game were stupid

the vig + bg also did stupid things with their roles and died well before then
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4099 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:49 am

Post by JacobSavage »

I died before then, just saying.
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”