Mini 693 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Mafia (OVER)

Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:47 am

Post by Pesco47 »

iLord wrote:You haven't had any reason. A townie in ZONEACE's position would have right to be angry - he was lynched before he could even claim!
PMS and the way you've been posing circular questions has been reason enough.
iLord wrote:
Pesco47 wrote:What's the difference between him responding to your arguments 10 minutes or 10 hours after you make them? It sounds like you want him to slip up by getting angry and wanting him to respond quickly.
You made a misquote, SP said that. In the end, no matter when I answer a question, as long as it is within the same phase and no change in player statuses have occurred, I will not have been avoiding any questions.

Now tell us again what you want to know from me in plain language. I will respond according to how I interpret the question. And don't go claiming I'm being ignorant on purpose because I have also said quite clearly here
Pesco wrote:@iLord: I don't quite get what you're asking me. Rephrase pls?
iLord wrote:I'm saying that Pesco is sane and that he should trust his results right now.
If you can say something like this, then mean it.
Zaz wrote:I think iLord wants to know why Pesco had no doubts at all about his result. In all those posts afterwards, he tries to show Pesco why he should have had doubts. He never said anything about not believing Pesco's result.
If I can't trust the mod, then who can I trust? Certainly not one of the other players in the game.

If you guys want to say that lack of unexplained kills was due to external forces, fine by me. I won't question the miracle.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:58 am

Post by ZazieR »

I'll try to explain it once more what I think iLord is saying.
ZONEACE is lynched, but the game is still in twilight. In his posts afterwards, he keeps saying that he's a townie. Don't you, as cop, get any second doubts about your claim? (keep in mind that you haven't seen the mod's post with his allignment in it)
Ignore the ''R''
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:05 am

Post by Pesco47 »

I believe the mod's word (my investigation result) over whatever he says.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:10 am

Post by raider8169 »

ZazieR wrote:I'll try to explain it once more what I think iLord is saying.
ZONEACE is lynched, but the game is still in twilight. In his posts afterwards, he keeps saying that he's a townie. Don't you, as cop, get any second doubts about your claim? (keep in mind that you haven't seen the mod's post with his allignment in it)
This is true, after someone is lynched and they still say they are town then I get second thoughts. Of course if you are a cop and have a guilty then you really do not need anthing else. I would not worry about it.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by iLord »

Pesco wrote:PMS and the way you've been posing circular questions has been reason enough.
Sorry - I haven't tried to be aggravating, but I realized that I may have been a little impatient with you not understanding my question.

Zas has got my question right.

Pesco and raider apparently don't share my views.

raider, why must you not worry about something else?

Pesco, why would you not trust someone that has no reason to lie over the mod who may have a reason to lie?
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by andersonw »

I think Pesco genuinely didn't understand what iLord meant, since he/she repeated the same views and didn't "falter" in any of them. However, in response to post 377, I think iLord explained his point pretty well. It was hard to tell ZONEACE's alignment after he was lynched, but it is true that someone would have no reason to lie after they had been lynched. Also, the thing with "ZONEACE thinks ZONEACE is guilty" kind of implies that it could also have been a flavor cop.
Pesco, don't you think that it was even slightly possible that you might not have been a 100% sane cop?

iLord: To make it clear, why exactly do you think that not having second doubts about the cop result implies that Pesco is scummy? Sorry if you already said this somewhere, I kind of skimmed the last few pages.

Also, Pesco: Why exactly do you think iLord is scummy to deserve your vote? Assuming that what you said is true in the post where you voted him, I still don't get why him trying to get you to say that you were insane would imply that he's scum.
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:36 pm

Post by Pesco47 »

@iLord: If I know nothing about the person getting lynched, I'll decide if I want to believe them after the flip-confirmation. I have only encountered cop sanities in Dethy, there is no gurantee of any cop sanity here, so I will take my role as sane until proven otherwise by a flip-confirmation.

In replying to you, I have come to consider the possibility of investigation immunes, cop-proof roles like a GF.

@Anderson: I won't doubt my sanity until irrefutable proof shows otherwise. My vote stays until a better target comes up. I was angry when I made the vote, but it's still justified by how much my role cred has been undermined.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:25 am

Post by iLord »

@andersonw: I was figuring out whether or not Pesco bussed ZONEACE - that's the only reason why she would be so sure about his alignment.

@Pesco: Perhaps ZONEACE was an unconscious miller? Of course, you cannot be sure until the flip, but before then, surely you have your doubts?
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by Natirasha »

iLord. You keep saying "ZONEACE was a miller." You do realize ZONEACE was a scum.

Also, if you were scum, would you just say "yeah, you got me." when caught in a cop investigation, or would you try to divert it?
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by iLord »

Nat, you misunderstand what I'm saying.

I'm saying that Pesco should not have been so sure of ZONEACE's alignment before the flip.

I understand ZONEACE is scum.

I also understand that if Pesco is cop, he is probably sane.

I'm attacking his mindset, and not his role.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by Natirasha »

iLord wrote:Nat, you misunderstand what I'm saying.

I'm saying that Pesco should not have been so sure of ZONEACE's alignment before the flip.

I understand ZONEACE is scum.

I also understand that if Pesco is cop, he is probably sane.

I'm attacking his mindset, and not his role.
So...you are actively saying that a cop should inherently doubt his sanity in a theme game?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by iLord »

Nat wrote:So...you are actively saying that a cop should inherently doubt his sanity in a theme game?
No, I'm talking after ZONEACE was lynched, when he had no reason to lie and continued to claim town.

The cop should at least have second thoughts.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by Natirasha »

iLord wrote:
Nat wrote:So...you are actively saying that a cop should inherently doubt his sanity in a theme game?
No, I'm talking after ZONEACE was lynched, when he had no reason to lie and continued to claim town.

The cop should at least have second thoughts.
Let me go find the vollkan thread.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by iLord »

Nat wrote:Let me go find the vollkan thread.

That would actually help. Much thanks.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:26 pm

Post by Natirasha »

iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by iLord »

Looking at it now...
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by iLord »

Nat, I'm sorry, but I fail to see how this relates to my point.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by Natirasha »

That he lied after death that he was town, while being mafia. Now, the context is slightly different, but the basic idea is the same.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Natirasha wrote:That he lied after death that he was town, while being mafia. Now, the context is slightly different, but the basic idea is the same.
There is a mod for a reason. And I have to agree that until someone is declared dead they are still alive and just waiting for execution. I have been in games where the person lynched miscounted and claimed scum when they were just at L-1. The mod is there for a reason and what the mod says is the only confirmed truth we have in the game.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by malthusis »

Natirasha wrote:
That he lied after death that he was town, while being mafia. Now, the context is slightly different, but the basic idea is the same.

There is a mod for a reason. And I have to agree that until someone is declared dead they are still alive and just waiting for execution. I have been in games where the person lynched miscounted and claimed scum when they were just at L-1. The mod is there for a reason and what the mod says is the only confirmed truth we have in the game.

QFT

@Nat: I think the whole Vollkan fiasco was about vollkan lieing that he was town in a game when the mod was away and they decided to play by reavealing who they were after lynching.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by iLord »

Nat wrote:That he lied after death that he was town, while being mafia. Now, the context is slightly different, but the basic idea is the same.
But what does that have to do with Pesco's mindset? Are you saying we should expect plays like Volkan's?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by iLord »

I must note that in a regular game, Volkan's play would not offer any benefit to the scum.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:22 pm

Post by Natirasha »

iLord wrote:
Nat wrote:That he lied after death that he was town, while being mafia. Now, the context is slightly different, but the basic idea is the same.
But what does that have to do with Pesco's mindset? Are you saying we should expect plays like Volkan's?
I would.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by iLord »

Pesco wrote:I would.
Would you not voice any doubts about your sanity had you been thrust in Pesco's situation?
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by Natirasha »

iLord wrote:
Pesco wrote:I would.
Would you not voice any doubts about your sanity had you been thrust in Pesco's situation?
None whatsoever.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”