Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 8:54 am

Post by Erratus Apathos »

I'm still here
Niv wrote:Actually, I'm At the point where I'm almost going to prod everyone.

Infact I am going to prod everyone.
ftr, I didnt proded
Do you want your possessions identified?
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 3:25 am

Post by MightyFireball »

I have returned all. I had to leave for New York at 5 AM Friday morning and didn't get a chance to tell you all before I left. However, I have now returned, and my activity level should pick up.

I'm of the opinion that sykedoc's Mason partner should wait until he is called to claim to reveal his roles. As sykedoc said, it is possible that a member of the mafia will try to impersonate his partner, and in that case both mason partners can claim and out him. As it stands now, there is not much of a risk to sykedoc's life by waiting, as the common opinion is to wait until everyone has claimed anyway.
[color=orange][b] MIGHTYFIREBALL [/b][/color]
[color=green][i]An optimist believes that the world is as good as it can be Unfortunately, a pessimest believes the same thing; War is not the answer[/i][/color]
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by avinashv »

My point was more that skyedoc was under heavy fire and almost at the guillotine earlier. Nevertheless, the flaw with waiting the roleclaims out to see his mason partner is that it is possible there isn't a mason group at all, and this is a great way for him and a scumbuddy to get a free pass.

There
has
to be at least one mason call, otherwise skyedoc is 100% scum, and it'll be interesting for me to see who calls it. I can't give anything away in the interests of making sure the roleclaims are accurate, but I am sure that all the townies have their eye on someone suspicious, that if he/she (are there any females left?) claims mason, will be a big scumtell.

Mod
: Has xxFoxxx replied to any prods? If not, we need a replacement on pretty short notice.
He is reading the prods, but not responding to them, gonna send one more before i activally sytart looking for a rep
- Niv
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 8:11 am

Post by sykedoc »

I think thats a horrible strategy, but whatever...

Btw. happy birthday.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Angryclowns2018: you are a fuckwad
homicidalrabit: Pot
homicidalrabit: Kettle
homicidalrabit: Black
Angryclowns2018: I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 8:11 am

Post by sykedoc »

EBWOP:
I'm not going to force him to reveal though. He'll reveal if he wants.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by MightyFireball »

Avinashv, it is possible that sykedoc and his scum buddy are trying to get a free pass on the mason group thing, but if there actually is a mason group, they'll out sykedoc (and his partner, should he claim as well). I think it'd be too risky of a strategy to employ in a game of this size, where there is a legitimate possibility of a mason group. I'd like to hear the opinions of others on this matter, however.

Sykedoc, were you referring to me or Avinashv when you said that it was a horrible strategy?
[color=green][i]An optimist believes that the world is as good as it can be Unfortunately, a pessimest believes the same thing; War is not the answer[/i][/color]
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by sykedoc »

Avinashv.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by sykedoc »

Also am i wrong in assuming a setup of this size has a mason by default?
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by sykedoc »

Traditional Mini of this size i mean.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by SensFan »

sykedoc wrote:Also am i wrong in assuming a setup of this size has a mason by default?
Nice try. Next time, though, ask those types of questions BEFORE you fake-claim Mason...

For the record, my stance is that Cop+Doc is already broken as fuck in favor of the Town. The possibility we might have 2 more confirmed innocents is laughable.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by sykedoc »

Whoa whoa. I'm not fake claiming mason and if you pin that on me and lynch me, you'll be the first one to go the day after.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 6:16 pm

Post by avinashv »

@SensFan: That is the biggest problem with this whole thing. I didn't want to mention it, but it's outed now, so I'll comment on it. Even with a mafia roleblocker, I can't see a game this size having two confirmed townies, a legit cop and a doctor either. I loved your use of the word laughable.

@skyedoc: Thank you, it was a great day, and I really enjoyed myself. 21sts only come once a lifetime :D

@
Mod
: Thanks--weird that he's reading them but not responding.

@Town: Now that we're confirmed that Fox is reading the PM's but not responding, I'd like to put that at as a FoS. Based on that and skyedoc's ridiculous claim, I'd like to
big FoS
: skyedoc and
little FoS
: Fox.
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by sykedoc »

Thats a very opportunistic way to try and get my lynched by the way. At what point did you automatically say that i couldn't POSSIBLY be mason? I've seen masons in MANY mini games so i made the assumption that you would know this already.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by sykedoc »

The claim is not ridiculous! How can you possibly infer that the moderator didn't put masons in!

You can obviously see the reason i'm not forcing my partner into claiming right now. I've played mafia enough to know that I'd be better off claiming vanilla if i were attempting to hide something.

If you kill me, its your own fault when you see that i'm mason and you really fucked up.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by sykedoc »

Why in all holy hell would i put myself into such a stupid situation?
I wouldn't.

Just to let you know. My partner is in fact active, he just doesn't seem to want to claim or defend me.... which is slightly agitating.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by MightyFireball »

Well, seeing as Sykedoc is getting himself into loads of crap and doesn't seem to be able to get himself out, I suppose I shall try to save him. I am Sykedoc's mason partner. There are no other masons in the group. This could end up being a bad move, but hopefully this will lend credibility to his claim. At the very least, if you lynch one of us, you'll know the other is innocent.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by SensFan »

Vote: Fireball
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by MightyFireball »

That was blunt.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by SensFan »

As was claiming out of turn.
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 3:52 pm

Post by Niv »

As of this Post, Destructor replaces xXfoxXx

Mighty Fireball - SensFan
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by sykedoc »

SensFan wrote:As was claiming out of turn.
I asked for my partner to claim. Don't be a dick about it.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:04 pm

Post by avinashv »

@skyedoc: if you are in fact mason, you threw the game away for town here. (1) The three back-to-back posts, first two of which were separated by hours reek or desperation. Not only have you played just four games here (the other three of which have no exposed masons till now), but your argument is predicated on a whiney my word against yours. (2) You did not, in fact, directly ask your mason partner to claim
in this open town forum
. You would have immediately been shot down. Even if you were under intense scrutiny--which, you were--you had guaranteed no-lynch safety until everybody had claimed, a strategy that the town agreed to. After having killed that, you (3) go on to call SensFan out about it.

@MightyFireball: I am interested to know why you thought it was a good idea to break the claim-chain. Despite skyedoc's poor play here, you've--and this is if you are actually mason--played a pretty sensible game for the most part. A true mason group should have zero fear at this point, because there was no chance of getting either of you voted without giving you a chance to post defense because of the claim structure.

The other notable thing is that you asked for the town's opinion on this mason situation but didn't wait for it. EA and AP haven't posted since then.

For the record, I do not believe there is a mason group in a setup this small with a cop+doc already outed.

@SensFan: very minor point, but at first glance, the Fireball vote seemed a little opportunistic, but by reading the rest of this, you'll understand why I am not going to push this too hard. This is here for the sake of completeness.

@Erratus Apathos, Awesome Pants, Destructor: please weigh in ASAP. I'd like to hear what you guys think of skyedoc/MightyFireball's mason claim, Fireball claiming out of turn and who your current most likely scum-pair is.

@Town: I vote we continue the chain-claim, beginning at Destructor who's turn it is right now anyway. It has sort of lost it's biggest use, but I'd like to see the last few roles outed.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:05 pm

Post by avinashv »

EBWOP:

...reek
of
desperation...
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:17 pm

Post by sykedoc »

avinashv wrote:@skyedoc: if you are in fact mason, you threw the game away for town here. (1) The three back-to-back posts, first two of which were separated by hours reek or desperation. Not only have you played just four games here (the other three of which have no exposed masons till now), but your argument is predicated on a whiney my word against yours. (2) You did not, in fact, directly ask your mason partner to claim
in this open town forum
. You would have immediately been shot down. Even if you were under intense scrutiny--which, you were--you had guaranteed no-lynch safety until everybody had claimed, a strategy that the town agreed to. After having killed that, you (3) go on to call SensFan out about it.
First off. You have no idea what i play. This isn't my first forum or mafia site in general. There are 100 legitimate strategies you can play from this point if you were thinking about it.
Second off, if you'd like to kill me and REALLY fuck things up, thats probably not a great idea but go ahead.
Third, i've been in games where i've avoided claiming miller and then when later on i revealed close to the end of the game, i was believed by no one when it was needed most, so this doesnt necessarily apply to just now. It can happen regardless of when i claim i could be distrusted, even if it was the perfect or not perfect time to claim.
Third, i've been studying and i was hardly aware of the no-lynch safety else i wouldn't have claimed... I've been under alot of stress the past few days so excuse me if i missed something.
Foruth, i wasn't exactly calling him out on the fact that he pointed it out, he was kindof a dick about it.
Fifth, I did ask him, asking someone to do something does not have to end with a question mark...
Sixth, are we still forgetting about the claim i requested from fox, who has been replaced and his replacement still isn't answering? He could be waiting for you to lynch me.
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:18 pm

Post by sykedoc »

In reference to the studying, I'm on my last final and will give full attention from now on.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”