JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:22 am

Post by JDodge »

Blight wrote:
Sarcastro wrote: 3. I'm not jumping on any bandwagon I can. I'm voting for people who are scum. And why are "three votes" suddenly a bandwagon? I could have just stayed on Cephrir if I wanted the biggest wagon, but I was convinced that you're a better lynch for today.
No, you thought Cephrir was a better lynch for today. When people didn't agree, you shifted my way.
Nobody agreed, hence the bandwagon
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:24 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Okay, wow, I didn't realise that people had so much trouble understanding what role-fishing is.

Role-fishing is not asking for a claim. Role-fishing is trying to subtly get role information. I'm asking for a claim because I'm being overly-agressive and overly-confident. It's a playstyle. I don't actually expect to get a claim until a few more people vote for Blight. Is this difficult to understand?

Why are you voting for me, Yagami? Would you like to explain why scum would be more likely to ask for a claim at three votes, for any reason either conscious or subconscious? You can't just vote for someone based on what, the fact that you think asking for a claim right now is bad play? Why would I do it as scum? What do I gain? This isn't proof that I'm not scum, obviously, but it's pretty clearly a null tell. I'm going to act like this whether I'm scum or town, so you're better off actually looking for real tells.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:24 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I don't see the point of anyone claiming at this point. Blight has three votes with what ten to lynch.

Asking for a claim frankly is pointless, I just don't know whether Sarcastro is being idiotic on purpose or just can't help being idiotic.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:34 am

Post by Sarcastro »

I think JDodge summarised nicely why Blight is full of crap.

Jordan was scummy. PJ provided a good argument. Don't act like I was the only person to believe it. The Flameaxe wagon was a little weak, I admit, but it's not like I had anything better to do. As for you and Cephrir, I have very very very good reasons for think that you're scum.

Stop calling the three votes on you a bandwagon. By the way, I was the first person to call you out, so don't act like I'm just leeching off of someone else. I merely kept my vote on another very scummy person until I was convinced that you were a better lynch. I would've been the first person onto Cephrir, too, had Theo not beat me to it.

Stop making up crap. You "may not follow the popular trend"? You give incredibly scummy reasons to oppose bandwagons. Given your obvious "bandwagonning = scummy" association, this is a pretty good scumtell in my mind. Don't act like all reasons are equally valid. Yours are scummy nonsense, and you should be lynched as quickly as possible.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:34 am

Post by Blight »

Sarcastro wrote: 2. I think I've made it clear why you and Cephrir are scum. What else do you want? You're not the first person to notice that my posts are short, Blight. It's not a scumtell, at least not for me.
Also, I didn't say your posts are short. I said they lacked any kind of substance. No, you haven't made it clear why Ceph and I are so clearly scum. You just rode Theo and Ibby's explanations.

Here's you reasonings:
Sarcastro wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Cephrir

Hey Skruffs. Help me lynch the fence-sitting scum.
Sarcastro wrote:
Blight wrote:I really don't like how you started this wagon (and how people followed you with weak reasoning). It seemed pretty opportunistic, if you ask me.
I really don't like how you're scum.
Sarcastro wrote:I notice that Cephrir is still alive. This distresses me greatly.
Sarcastro wrote:
Glork wrote:I'm voting UA still?

Unvote, Vote: Blight
So what you're saying is that you're Cephrir's scumbuddy, yes?

Cephrir is today's lynch; Blight is tomorrow's. Pay attention.
Sarcastro wrote:Eh, I can accept a Blightwagon. Cephrirscum dies tomorrow, then.

Sarcastro wrote:Cool.

So why haven't you claimed yet, scum? Still thinking of something?
Sarcastro wrote:Feel free to start bussing Blight any time now.
That's your whole arguement against us.
Sarcastro wrote:Okay, wow, I didn't realise that people had so much trouble understanding what role-fishing is.

Role-fishing is not asking for a claim. Role-fishing is trying to subtly get role information. I'm asking for a claim because I'm being overly-agressive and overly-confident. It's a playstyle. I don't actually expect to get a claim until a few more people vote for Blight. Is this difficult to understand?

Why are you voting for me, Yagami? Would you like to explain why scum would be more likely to ask for a claim at three votes, for any reason either conscious or subconscious? You can't just vote for someone based on what, the fact that you think asking for a claim right now is bad play? Why would I do it as scum? What do I gain? This isn't proof that I'm not scum, obviously, but it's pretty clearly a null tell. I'm going to act like this whether I'm scum or town, so you're better off actually looking for real tells.
You were fishing for a claim. Whether it was subtle or not isn't really the point. Why would you make it so blatant? I don't know. Maybe you realize that my join date says 2007 and you figured I'd be stupid enough to let it slip. Maybe you thought three votes would be enough to pressure me. I don't know why you'd be so blatant. The fact is you are.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:35 am

Post by Sarcastro »

theopor_COD wrote:I don't see the point of anyone claiming at this point. Blight has three votes with what ten to lynch.

Asking for a claim frankly is pointless, I just don't know whether Sarcastro is being idiotic on purpose or just can't help being idiotic.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:37 am

Post by ibaesha »

I can't figure out if Sarc is scum or just being a pain in the ass. I do think he's pretty funny right now, though.

Sarc, can you explain why you keep asking for claims? Is this something new you've adopted or a playstyle transition of yours that I've missed? .. got any examples of where you've done this before?
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:40 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Blight wrote:You were fishing for a claim. Whether it was subtle or not isn't really the point. Why would you make it so blatant? I don't know. Maybe you realize that my join date says 2007 and you figured I'd be stupid enough to let it slip. Maybe you thought three votes would be enough to pressure me. I don't know why you'd be so blatant. The fact is you are.
Oh yeah, and I figured that Glork and PJ and Ibby are all retards too, right? Or maybe, just maybe, the reason
they
don't think it's scummy is because
it's goddamn not
. It's clearly a matter of playstyle.

Note that I referred to Cephrir as "fence-sitting". That's a pretty obvious scumtell. Thanks for playing.

You're right, I didn't outline exactly why you're scum. I just figured it would be obvious that your extraordinarily weak attack on Theo was scummy. Clearly it's not obvious to you, but it was obvious enough to everyone else that they didn't bother to question me about it.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:43 am

Post by Sarcastro »

ibaesha wrote:I can't figure out if Sarc is scum or just being a pain in the ass. I do think he's pretty funny right now, though.

Sarc, can you explain why you keep asking for claims? Is this something new you've adopted or a playstyle transition of yours that I've missed? .. got any examples of where you've done this before?
I'm being overly-aggressive. It's nothing all that new for me, although I might be doing it more in this game than usual. Probably just because it's Fritzler's game and the page five lynch was inspiring.
Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:57 am

Post by Blight »

Sarcastro wrote:
ibaesha wrote:I can't figure out if Sarc is scum or just being a pain in the ass. I do think he's pretty funny right now, though.

I'm being overly-aggressive. It's nothing all that new for me, although I might be doing it more in this game than usual. Probably just because it's Fritzler's game and the page five lynch was inspiring.
It's not aggressive at all because you're not going to get anything out of it, unless you think that I'm going to slip up and actually tell you. That's what makes it scummy.

I can't honestly figure out why a pro-town player would want someone to claim so early? How's that pro-town?
Sarcastro wrote: You're right, I didn't outline exactly why you're scum. I just figured it would be obvious that your extraordinarily weak attack on Theo was scummy. Clearly it's not obvious to you, but it was obvious enough to everyone else that they didn't bother to question me about it.
You simply calling me scum didn't make it obvious. You left it vague so that someone else can swoop in and fill in an explanation for you. Either you couldn't come up with a strong case against me, you didn't want to put yourself out there for fear that someone would consider your analysis scummy (like Ibby did with me), or you're just lazy.

I'm going to go out on the limb and say that you didn't feel like putting your analysis out there because you didn't want people to start looking at you. Stating I'm scum without adding anything else is just enough to get people to look at me without having them look at you too. That too is scummy.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:08 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Blight wrote:It's not aggressive at all because you're not going to get anything out of it, unless you think that I'm going to slip up and actually tell you. That's what makes it scummy.

I can't honestly figure out why a pro-town player would want someone to claim so early? How's that pro-town?
Make up your mind. Do I know that I'm not going to get anything out of it or don't I? You seems to alternate between assumptions as it suits you.

I don't expect to get a claim yet. I'd be really quite surprised if I did. And yes, it is being aggressive, because it's emphasising that you're scum and it's harrassing you into making a mistake like the one you did by voting for me for a bullshit reason.

How is it not pro-town? I never claimed it was a pro-town tell, I claimed it was a null tell. Don't put words into my mouth. And what if you had claimed? Well, I wouldn't have exactly been crushed. I plan to get you lynched anyway, which will inevitably result in a claim by you (or a foolish refusal to claim). I'm certain enough in my own judgment that I don't require you to be at lynch-1 to know that I want you dead.
Blight wrote:You simply calling me scum didn't make it obvious. You left it vague so that someone else can swoop in and fill in an explanation for you. Either you couldn't come up with a strong case against me, you didn't want to put yourself out there for fear that someone would consider your analysis scummy (like Ibby did with me), or you're just lazy.

I'm going to go out on the limb and say that you didn't feel like putting your analysis out there because you didn't want people to start looking at you. Stating I'm scum without adding anything else is just enough to get people to look at me without having them look at you too. That too is scummy.
Sorry, the limb broke. You've now crashed into the ground.

If I didn't want people to look at me, why would I constantly post that I want you and Cephrir dead? Your assertions here are ridiculous, and it is incredibly obvious that you're desperately looking for reasons that I'm scummy. I'm not at all afraid of people paying attention to me. Hell, I want people to pay
more
attention to me, because I want them to lynch the two scum I've found.

To answer your original question, it's laziness combined with the fact that I don't feel the need to make a case. I felt it was obvious what I didn't like about your post, and I was ready to explain it to anyone who asked. I'm still ready to explain it, and I'm still sure that you're scum.

Seriously, guys, can we lynch Blight already? We've already given him way too much time to think of a fakeclaim.
Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:40 am

Post by Blight »

Sarcastro wrote:
Blight wrote:It's not aggressive at all because you're not going to get anything out of it, unless you think that I'm going to slip up and actually tell you. That's what makes it scummy.

Make up your mind. Do I know that I'm not going to get anything out of it or don't I? You seems to alternate between assumptions as it suits you.

I don't expect to get a claim yet. I'd be really quite surprised if I did. And yes, it is being aggressive, because it's emphasising that you're scum and it's harrassing you into making a mistake like the one you did by voting for me for a bullshit reason.

How is it not pro-town? I never claimed it was a pro-town tell, I claimed it was a null tell. Don't put words into my mouth. And what if you had claimed? Well, I wouldn't have exactly been crushed. I plan to get you lynched anyway, which will inevitably result in a claim by you (or a foolish refusal to claim). I'm certain enough in my own judgment that I don't require you to be at lynch-1 to know that I want you dead.
How is it a null-tell if it's clearly not pro-town? How is it being aggressive it you don't expect a claim? If you think I'm scum, obviously you know I'm not going to be pressured to claim at three votes. The only reason I could think someone would claim so early is if they were a newbish townie trying to prove you wrong. And that's why scum would push for a claim at 3 votes, not town.
Sarcastro wrote:
Blight wrote:I'm going to go out on the limb and say that you didn't feel like putting your analysis out there because you didn't want people to start looking at you. Stating I'm scum without adding anything else is just enough to get people to look at me without having them look at you too. That too is scummy.
Sorry, the limb broke. You've now crashed into the ground.

If I didn't want people to look at me, why would I constantly post that I want you and Cephrir dead? Your assertions here are ridiculous, and it is incredibly obvious that you're desperately looking for reasons that I'm scummy. I'm not at all afraid of people paying attention to me. Hell, I want people to pay
more
attention to me, because I want them to lynch the two scum I've found.

To answer your original question, it's laziness combined with the fact that I don't feel the need to make a case. I felt it was obvious what I didn't like about your post, and I was ready to explain it to anyone who asked. I'm still ready to explain it, and I'm still sure that you're scum.

Seriously, guys, can we lynch Blight already? We've already given him way too much time to think of a fakeclaim.
The reason I don't buy you being lazy is because you've spent more time defending yourself now then you did trying to build a case against me with your whole "I don't like how you're scum" arguement.

And, no, your "why isn't Ceph dead yet" or "Please claim, Blightscum" arguements aren't exactly enough to put yourself out there. If you're unwilling to actually back up your "he's clearly scum" claim with anything more than "I thought it was obvious" then that shows a fear of actually putting yourself out there. And, from what I've seen, that is a scum tell.

Hell, you weren't even willing to put a vote on me until others chose to. And that completely contradicts your whole "I'm being aggressive" statement.

And even now you continue to push for a claim when I only have three votes even though you don't expect it to come. And, even though you don't expect me to claim, you think I should be lynched for not claiming. But, no, you're not really fishing for a role-claim. :roll:
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:58 am

Post by Sarcastro »

This works better if you actually respond to me, rather than making the same points over and over. Maybe you didn't get it clearly enough. I'll try to go point-by-point this time.
Blight wrote:How is it a null-tell if it's clearly not pro-town? How is it being aggressive it you don't expect a claim? If you think I'm scum, obviously you know I'm not going to be pressured to claim at three votes. The only reason I could think someone would claim so early is if they were a newbish townie trying to prove you wrong. And that's why scum would push for a claim at 3 votes, not town.
Um, do you understand what "null tell" means? I'll give you a hint: it doesn't mean "pro-town". It means that it doesn't say anything about my alignment.

I have no idea what you think "aggressive" means, but I can assure you that harassing you to claim is certainly not passive.

So your thesis is that I'm trying to trick someone who I've assumed is a newbish townie into claiming (because I obviously care ever so much about your role) without any of the excellent players in this game noticing? Yeah, that definitely sounds like a solid scum strategy.
Blight wrote:The reason I don't buy you being lazy is because you've spent more time defending yourself now then you did trying to build a case against me with your whole "I don't like how you're scum" arguement.
Or maybe I'm just more interested in defending myself while explaining to everyone what obvious scum you are. It's a little like a trap, actually. I coast along Fritzler-like until you pull off a bullshit attack, when I pop out of nowhere and devour you and your nonsense arguments alive.
Blight wrote:And, no, your "why isn't Ceph dead yet" or "Please claim, Blightscum" arguements aren't exactly enough to put yourself out there. If you're unwilling to actually back up your "he's clearly scum" claim with anything more than "I thought it was obvious" then that shows a fear of actually putting yourself out there. And, from what I've seen, that is a scum tell.
Look, there's no way you're going to convince anyone I'm not putting myself out there. I've been constantly attention-seeking all game. I have absolutely no fear of putting myself out there. The fact that you selectively quote me saying that it was obvious and not all the specific points I've made against you says something, I think.
Blight wrote:Hell, you weren't even willing to put a vote on me until others chose to. And that completely contradicts your whole "I'm being aggressive" statement.
Are you goddamn serious?
Did you somehow not notice that I was busy trying to get Cephrir lynched?
I considered Cephrir a better lynch until Ibby convinced me to lynch you instead! Is that really so hard to understand? Stop coming up with these crap reasons! It's incredibly clear that you've decided to vote for me first and thought up the reasons afterwards.
Blight wrote:And even now you continue to push for a claim when I only have three votes even though you don't expect it to come. And, even though you don't expect me to claim, you think I should be lynched for not claiming. But, no, you're not really fishing for a role-claim. :roll:
Hey, guess what? You should
stop making shit up
! I think you should be lynched for not claiming?
Bullshit!
I never said anything of the sort. And it's not goddamn fishing! Do you seriously not understand that? Are you kidding me? Is this some sort of a joke?
It's not rolefishing!
It's a blatant demand that I know won't be fulfilled but that I wish to make on principle regardless, because it shows the extent of my certainty that you're scum. Holy fuck this is frustrating.

Shame on anyone who actually falls for the crap that Blight is spewing right now. I would bet anything on his being scum.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:27 am

Post by Skruffs »

I'm confused.
Sarc, if you are sure blight is scum, why are you asking for a claim at all? A claim can just help blightscum wiggle out of the finger of justice you are pointing at him.

Ach, vey.
Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:41 am

Post by Blight »

Sarcastro wrote:This works better if you actually respond to me, rather than making the same points over and over. Maybe you didn't get it clearly enough. I'll try to go point-by-point this time.
Blight wrote:How is it a null-tell if it's clearly not pro-town? How is it being aggressive it you don't expect a claim? If you think I'm scum, obviously you know I'm not going to be pressured to claim at three votes. The only reason I could think someone would claim so early is if they were a newbish townie trying to prove you wrong. And that's why scum would push for a claim at 3 votes, not town.
Um, do you understand what "null tell" means? I'll give you a hint: it doesn't mean "pro-town". It means that it doesn't say anything about my alignment.
I'm not sure you understand what a null-tell is. If it's clearly not pro-town, how could you honestly say it's a null-tell? What's the opposite of pro-town?
Sarcastro wrote:
Blight wrote:The reason I don't buy you being lazy is because you've spent more time defending yourself now then you did trying to build a case against me with your whole "I don't like how you're scum" arguement.
Or maybe I'm just more interested in defending myself while explaining to everyone what obvious scum you are. It's a little like a trap, actually. I coast along Fritzler-like until you pull off a bullshit attack, when I pop out of nowhere and devour you and your nonsense arguments alive.
The only explanation you've made is that I'm "obviously scum". Hate to break it to you, but that's not an explanation. It's a statement with no real backing. You only just a couple posts ago said that my case against Theo was weak. Everything else is "You're obviously sum. Claim, please."
Sarcastro wrote:
Blight wrote:And, no, your "why isn't Ceph dead yet" or "Please claim, Blightscum" arguements aren't exactly enough to put yourself out there. If you're unwilling to actually back up your "he's clearly scum" claim with anything more than "I thought it was obvious" then that shows a fear of actually putting yourself out there. And, from what I've seen, that is a scum tell.
Look, there's no way you're going to convince anyone I'm not putting myself out there. I've been constantly attention-seeking all game. I have absolutely no fear of putting myself out there. The fact that you selectively quote me saying that it was obvious and not all the specific points I've made against you says something, I think.
Your case against Jordan:
Sarcastro wrote:
Unvote, Vote: JordanA24

Bandwagon time! Die scum die!
Sarcastro wrote:Less whining, more claiming.
Sarcastro wrote:Oh, I'm sorry, did you want to just pause the bandwagon and have a tea party? Or did you just want us to kill you so that you don't have to think up a fakeclaim?

Given how fast this wagon developed, Jordan, it would look very very good for you if you gave a convincing claim right now, because scum would definitely want to have more time to think up a convincing claim in this sort of a theme game. So yeah, claim now or die.
Sarcastro wrote:Tick tock, Jordan. The window for convincing me you're not frantically trying to think of a fakeclaim right now is rapidly closing.
Your case against Flameaxe:
Sarcastro wrote:Axelrod was awesome in Worst Role Evar. I'm not sure I like PJ's reasoning that much, though, since I could totally see Fritzler putting in a role that forces someone to bandwagon or somesuch.

Nevertheless,
Unvote, Vote: Flameaxe

I wouldn't mind forcing him to claim.
Your case against Ceph:
Sarcastro wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Cephrir

Hey Skruffs. Help me lynch the fence-sitting scum.
Sarcastro wrote:The point is to lynch Cephrir.

Duh.
Sarcastro wrote:
BrianMcQueso wrote:I think we'd be more productive lynching Sarcastro or Glork at this point. Probably more Sarcastro, but either way we could make a lynch today that would provide useful information, unlike that Day 1 lynch.
Lynching Sarc is never productive.

I'm kind of ambivalent about lynching Glork. I'd rather lynch Cephrirscum, though.
Sarcastro wrote:I notice that Cephrir is still alive. This distresses me greatly.
Sarcastro wrote:
Glork wrote:I'm voting UA still?

So what you're saying is that you're Cephrir's scumbuddy, yes?

Cephrir is today's lynch; Blight is tomorrow's. Pay attention.
Your case against me:
Sarcastro wrote:
Blight wrote:I really don't like how you started this wagon (and how people followed you with weak reasoning). It seemed pretty opportunistic, if you ask me.
I really don't like how you're scum.

Sarcastro wrote:Eh, I can accept a Blightwagon. Cephrirscum dies tomorrow, then.

Sarcastro wrote:Cool.

So why haven't you claimed yet, scum? Still thinking of something?
Sarcastro wrote: Why isn't Blight dead yet? This town has reallly dropped the ball since Day 1.
Sarcastro wrote:Feel free to start bussing Blight any time now.
Sarcastro wrote:2. I think I've made it clear why you and Cephrir are scum. What else do you want? You're not the first person to notice that my posts are short, Blight. It's not a scumtell, at least not for me.
And finally an actual reason. There's still no explanation why my vote on Theo was weak, but at least you say it is weak.
Sarcastro wrote: You're right, I didn't outline exactly why you're scum. I just figured it would be obvious that your extraordinarily weak attack on Theo was scummy. Clearly it's not obvious to you, but it was obvious enough to everyone else that they didn't bother to question me about it.
Yeah, you've really put yourself out there. :roll:
Sarcastro wrote:
Blight wrote:Hell, you weren't even willing to put a vote on me until others chose to. And that completely contradicts your whole "I'm being aggressive" statement.
Are you goddamn serious?
Did you somehow not notice that I was busy trying to get Cephrir lynched?
I considered Cephrir a better lynch until Ibby convinced me to lynch you instead! Is that really so hard to understand? Stop coming up with these crap reasons! It's incredibly clear that you've decided to vote for me first and thought up the reasons afterwards.
Maybe you and I saw different things. I saw you say Cephrir was a better lynch, wait to notice that no one else joined the Ceph wagon, and then you jumped on a fresh BW that you thought may pick up speed after Ibby and Glork voted me.
Sarcastro wrote:
Blight wrote:And even now you continue to push for a claim when I only have three votes even though you don't expect it to come. And, even though you don't expect me to claim, you think I should be lynched for not claiming. But, no, you're not really fishing for a role-claim. :roll:
Hey, guess what? You should
stop making shit up
! I think you should be lynched for not claiming?
Bullshit!
I never said anything of the sort.
Sarcastro wrote: Seriously, guys, can we lynch Blight already? We've already given him way too much time to think of a fakeclaim.
Okay, what part did I make up? The part where you want to lynch me for not claiming fast enough or the part where you think I should be lynched for not claiming fast enough?
Sarcastro wrote:And it's not goddamn fishing! Do you seriously not understand that? Are you kidding me? Is this some sort of a joke?
It's not rolefishing!
It's a blatant demand that I know won't be fulfilled but that I wish to make on principle regardless, because it shows the extent of my certainty that you're scum. Holy fuck this is frustrating.
You ask me to claim. You think I should be lynched because I'm not "thinking up a fakeclaim fast enough". But, yeah, you're not actually expecting something to come of it.

I'll tell you this much, Sarc; you, especially, aren't going to like my claim.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:45 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Glork wrote:Guys, I'm starting to think MoS might be scum.

Hunch, mostly. There's something in the undertone of his behavior that I don't like. I'll investigate more later.
Try again.
Skruffs wrote:Theo-
Jdodge has been cajoling cephrir and blight most of the day, being disrespectful, etc. He did the exact same thing in open 17, and he was town there. He tripped up all my scum-hunting triggers there, and he's the same here. Unless he acts as scummy as scum as he does as town, I'm going to consider him town now.
This nearly made me fall out of my chair laughing. JDodge acts scummy as town and is therefore town in this game, but there's no way that MoS could be town when he's acting scummy!? Hypocrite.
I'm listing mos as scum because of his comment regarding the previous day's lynch and the scum maybe on it. Mos loves the innocuous 'I'm scum' breadcrumb, and that struck me as one. That, and, every large game I've been in with him that he's died in, he's been scum.
What is an "I'm scum" breadcrumb, and why would I use it as scum? That's a retarded theory.

Just because I've been scum in like 15 of my last 25 large themes does not give me a higher probability of being scum in this game. In fact, since I was scum in so many games with you, you should easily be able to tell when I am scum. The fact that you are citing past games and still calling me scum means that you either didn't actually look at those games or you're scum hoping that other people don't check the references on their own and call you on the bullshit.

Nice try, though.
Permanent V/LA.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:18 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Dear Blight,

A null tell is a tell that isn't indicative of alignment
either way

<3,
Ibby
Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:45 pm

Post by Blight »

ibaesha wrote:Dear Blight,

A null tell is a tell that isn't indicative of alignment
either way

<3,
Ibby
Okay, but then how can asking me to claim with only 3 votes be considered a null-tell?

How can that be a null-tell but someone not seeing anyone stand out as scum earlier in the day be a scum-tell? Isn't it easy enough to dismiss every scum-tell as a null-tell since town can easily make the same statements or mistakes as scum can?

And, I'm not just signalling out his role-fishing (or whatever the hell he wants to call it). I made three points against him when I voted for him (even though he has it in his mind that I voted first without adding any substance - which is actually what he does). Should I dismiss all three points as being null-tells?
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:18 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Well, I didn't say it was null. He did. I was just giving you the definition of null.

As far as Sarc's behavior, I see it more as WIFOM-ish than anything. Either he's having fun being an overaggressive bastard as town or he's a scumbag going so over the top, people will think 'nah, he can't be scum.' Right now, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt in believing it's the former.

At any rate, using 'scum tells' as the prime basis for a vote or argument is in fact scummy itself. More often than not, it is scum who latch onto 'scum tells' as reasoning for their votes.

I never said that not having suspicions is a scum tell, btw. People who don't have suspicions being suspicious is a personal belief that I happen to share with PJ (we've discussed it numerous times in the past). It's not something that most people subscribe to as a 'scum tell'.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:26 pm

Post by Skruffs »

MOS, you've been scum in every game. Every experience I have had with you has been when you are scum. Your comment about yesterday's wagon is par for the course of other comments you made in other games, as scum. Rememebr when you jokingly claimed cop in Maf. 61, bussing yoru buddy?? That recent comment was on the same lines.

If you are town in THIS game, then I will take that into account in future games.

It's not that I
should
know how you act as town, it's that I have never seen how you act as town.

I am likign how Sarc has found his voice, though. Pretty intense stuff. ANd no foul language.

I guess I am playing devil's advocate but what level of votes is required for asking for a claim to be a scum-tell, null tell, or town tell? I am guessing the higher the number of votes, the more townish it is? Scum ask at 1, survivor at 3, town at 5?
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:54 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Blight wrote:I'm not sure you understand what a null-tell is. If it's clearly not pro-town, how could you honestly say it's a null-tell? What's the opposite of pro-town?
As Ibby explained (and I explained in the post you quoted - nice reading), a null tell is something that doesn't indicate alignment either way. Acting the way I normally do is a null tell, because it tells you nothing about my alignment. This shouldn't be all that hard to understand.
Blight wrote:The only explanation you've made is that I'm "obviously scum". Hate to break it to you, but that's not an explanation. It's a statement with no real backing. You only just a couple posts ago said that my case against Theo was weak. Everything else is "You're obviously sum. Claim, please."
That's great, except that you have an incredibly selective memory. How about this:
Sarcastro wrote:So, yeah. You've blatantly mischaracterised me in an attempt to fabricate a reason to get your vote off of someone you now realise was not a good target at all and onto someone you think you can lynch more easily. Good luck with that.
Looks to me like that's an argument right there. You've simply ignored what you don't want to hear in an attempt to make me look like I have no case. Guess what, Blight: you haven't exactly made any great cases yet either. Your case against Theo and your case against me were both nonsense.
Blight wrote:Maybe you and I saw different things. I saw you say Cephrir was a better lynch, wait to notice that no one else joined the Ceph wagon, and then you jumped on a fresh BW that you thought may pick up speed after Ibby and Glork voted me.
Cephrir had more votes!
Cephrir
still
has more votes! Why is this difficult to understand? I switched to you because I thought Ibby made a strong case against you and I decided you would be a better (and faster) lynch. I like that you're able to read my apparently insane mind. Seriously, do you think I'm an idiot? If I just wanted to get anyone lynched, I could have done it a lot more easily than like this. Even if I were scum, you could at least give me a little credit here.
Blight wrote:Okay, what part did I make up? The part where you want to lynch me for not claiming fast enough or the part where you think I should be lynched for not claiming fast enough?
What are you talking about? When did I say that? I never said I wanted to lynch you for not claiming fast enough. Again, don't put words into my mouth. And why did you repeat basically the same thing phrased two slightly different ways?
Blight wrote:You ask me to claim. You think I should be lynched because I'm not "thinking up a fakeclaim fast enough". But, yeah, you're not actually expecting something to come of it.
Yes, I demanded a claim. No, I never said anything even resembling your second assertion. Please stop twisting my words, or, if you honestly think that's what I said, please read more carefully.
Blight wrote:I'll tell you this much, Sarc; you, especially, aren't going to like my claim.
Yeah, that's certainly not a scummy thing to say.

Again, I'd like to reiterate that I am very very sure that Blight is scum.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

Sarc and everyone, I see this as a scum tell, not null, because there is no reason for town to ask someone to claim who is not close to a lynch. All it could possibly do so soon is give scum a power role to NK. To me it seems that claiming should not be done, except as the last possible thing to prevent a power role's lynch.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:27 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

YagamiLight wrote:Sarc and everyone, I see this as a scum tell, not null, because there is no reason for town to ask someone to claim who is not close to a lynch. All it could possibly do so soon is give scum a power role to NK. To me it seems that claiming should not be done, except as the last possible thing to prevent a power role's lynch.
Thanks. You're only a few hours late.

Oh yeah, and you
still
haven't given me a good reason I would do it as scum. Because I actually think Blight is going to claim? Because I'm desperate to get a claim from Blight specifically? Because I need the claim right away for my special daykilling roll? Why wouldn't I just wait until a bigger bandwagon builds up on Blight or someone else?

Seriously, people, think about
why
scum would do something before you vote someone for no reason. I demanded a claim because I'm being an overly-aggressive bastard, like Ibby said. It still says nothing about my alignment.

Also, I just re-read my posts and realised that I didn't actually even ask for a claim until Blight accused me of doing so. Blight's initial vote on me was simply an overreaction to me asking him why he hadn't claimed yet, which is even more obviously not a real attempt to get him to claim. Just thought that was worth pointing out.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:31 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

If you read my post there is a reason for scum to do so, it could give them a power role to remove from the game.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:37 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Yes. Someone claiming would, in fact, give me a power role to kill if I were scum. Now please explain why I would be interested in making
Blight specifically
claim
as soon as possible
while he
doesn't even have enough votes to justify a claim
. And also why the best method for accomplishing this would be flat-out asking him to claim.

Yeah, I thought so.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”