Mini 816: Revenge of the Monkey(GAME OVER!)

Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Sajin »

Devestation wrote:Town- Charlatan- I found him innocent with my super special cop powers.

Town- Get back to you on this, I make it no secret that it takes me some time to make a read on anyone, leaving me sitting here for hours at a time.

Scum- Konowa- Apparently, everything I say is scummy. EVERYTHING! Its why I don't like saying anything, because I get sick and tired of having to deal with backlash that simply snowballs into something that is totally off-track of the game. I don't even have to pull the cop CC into it or his repeated demands for me to "Get Lynched", although those are OMGUS.

Scum- See second townie.

This screams scum. Your not helping.

vote Devestation

Its alright you have enough ties with dramonic to be of help tomorrow. Nice try leaving no more than you had to though.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:42 am

Post by Konowa »

L-1 if I count correctly.

unvote

With the full intent to revote as soon as RBT, ryan, and others have chimed in.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by dramonic »

I very much doubt Konowa's investigation could have affected Dev's behaviour, but if you think so whatever :3

Also, I can't believe you're all calling me scummy for thinking "I may be cop, I may be not" is a weird phrase and rubs me the wrong way.

And Ryan, what was that last sentence supposed to mean?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by dramonic »

point 1 and 2 are in response to Ludicolo guy
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
ryan2754
ryan2754
Goon
ryan2754
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by ryan2754 »

Sorry for my absence.
Between a wedding this weekend, my Uncle and my GF's uncle dying this week, it's been pretty hectic.

Dram, are you talking about this sentence?
It's asanine to lynch unclaimed cop D1 and asanine to think trading cop on D1 for scum is smart.

I do not beleive Dev's claim at all.

I really do not understand Konowa's resistance to giving investigation results, but that's just me. Maybe I just don't understand the scenario him and dram discussed, as I am still slightly confused. The way I see it, at this point, since you are outted, giving your result will only take one more person out from the mix of suspects. Doing that as early as possible (after outing yourself) has always been the course of action I have seen in my games, especially because of the possibility of being lynched the next day, like dram points out.

Either way, one of them is now lying. I think Dev is the one lying. He has dodged question about WHY he investigated Charlatan (seems like a terrible choice is he is fakeclaiming cop), but is also trying to diverge the conversation onto OMGUS.

What does everyone think about Dev's supposed investigation on Charlatan?
Show
Town: 3-4*
Scum: 2-1
SK: 0-1
Unlynched.
"Noone can deny that the Ryan, from now on known as "Bullseye", accomplished an amazing feat. Nightkilling 2 mafia roles on the first 2 nights. He deserves to win." - Alexhans, Mini 829, Town Loss
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by dramonic »

I think it's pretty futile, as Charlatan hasn't shown any scummy behaviour, it's useless to check him <_<

Also, I meant Sajin, not Ryan. For some reason I keep getting you two mixed up.
I'm a hoot
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by Sajin »

dramonic wrote:I very much doubt Konowa's investigation could have affected Dev's behaviour, but if you think so whatever :3

Also, I can't believe you're all calling me scummy for thinking "I may be cop, I may be not" is a weird phrase and rubs me the wrong way.

And Ryan, what was that last sentence supposed to mean?
Thats not why I think your scum with devestation. That was someone elses case.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:47 pm

Post by dramonic »

point 1 and 2 were aimed at Ludicolo-guy

The one aimed at Ryan is aimed at you. I keep confusing you two XD
I'm a hoot
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Between Dev or Konowa, I'm far more likely to believe Konowa at this point. Dev has played a fairly scummy game, and I don't see any real reason to doubt a counterclaim on D1. I'm not a particular fan of waiting until D2 to CC, but I can also see the breadcrumbs from Konowa, especially after Dev's claim. Charlatan was a very strange investigation choice, and trying to slip out of giving us any more information. I strongly suggest a Dev lynch today, with Konowa giving his investigation results before the night. If Dev is scum, then Konowa should be protected (if we have a protective role); or if, for some strange reason, Dev's actually town, Konowa should die tonight if we have a vig, or tomorrow by lynch.

I'm more than willing to vote/hammer once we've gotten more discussion out of today, but I'm not comfortable with putting my vote on in case a probable scumbuddy/self-hammer comes in for the quick hammer to prevent more discussion.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:26 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Vote count tomorrow.
Devestation
Devestation
Goon
Devestation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:36 pm

Post by Devestation »

Continuing the charade is just irritating every time I log into the site and keeping me from thinking clearly.

Vote: Devestation

I know when I'm beaten, and that was a good week or two ago. All I want to know is how you turn something as small as an unvote at the end of an RVS into a lynch...
I wrttoe htis sginautre wiht my elbwo.
Devestation
Devestation
Goon
Devestation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:47 pm

Post by Devestation »

Sorry, but I just can't stand being called a liar with no evidence to say I'm lying other than the reader not believing the previous post, especially when it chains like it did in this game. Its not a logic I can fight whether I am innocent or guilty.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:20 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

>> Dramonic

>
dram wrote:I very much doubt Konowa's investigation could have affected Dev's behaviour, but if you think so whatever :3
He could've claimed the same investigation or something.

>
dram wrote:Also, I can't believe you're all calling me scummy for thinking "I may be cop, I may be not" is a weird phrase and rubs me the wrong way.
First off, "all"? Only Sajin and I mentioned it afaik. 2/9 is hardly "all".
Secondly, yes, it was a weird phrase, but you were fishing for a counterclaim when some people said a counterclaim wasn't necessary.

>> Ryan
ryan wrote:What does everyone think about Dev's supposed investigation on Charlatan?
A nice gesture of dev to make. I believe the "investigation" or rather the result about charlatan.

>> Dev
dev wrote:All I want to know is how you turn something as small as an unvote at the end of an RVS into a lynch...
Go read your own posts from someone else's perspective. It's not that the unvote is the sole reason we're voting you, it's your behavior as a whole throughout the entire game.

And if you can't stand being called a liar, then don't play mafia, which is a game of deceit and lies. Either grow a thicker skin or don't play.
Eek
!
Devestation
Devestation
Goon
Devestation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:12 am

Post by Devestation »

I do not believe the issue is a lack of thick skin, otherwise I would have exploded in anger by now. The issue is that I just don't get how anyone can immediately write off what I say is scummy. Am I missing something here, or am I seriously that predictable and transparent?
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:46 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

To be honest, and this has been said before, the unvote an sich isn't the scummy part. It's the question of you for others to unvote and also the wording of it:
dev wrote:You cant seriously expect to pull off a bandwagon lynch in the RVS...

Unvote so we don't have any accidents
Correct me if wrong, but this is the post we're both talking about right?

Anyways:
- charter didn't mention lynching scot
This implies or leaves the impression that you're afraid of a scot lynch.

- you're telling others to unvote so there won't be any "
accidents
"
It's easy to say in retrospect, but you knew/know the alignment of scot and it was/is obvious you were hinting or implying him to be town with that post. I remember someone looking for slip ups during D1. Why he missed this slip up I don't know, but it is a rather obvious slip up come to think of it.

And from there it went downhill; you only replied when something concerning you was posted, you only posted defensively, etc.
Eek
!
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:58 am

Post by Konowa »

I am going to put this issue to rest.

Confirmed town is scum's worst nightmare. The more confirmed town there is, the smaller the unknown pool becomes, thus raising scum's chances of being caught. I am not saying who I investigated because it would be a waste of a investigation. I am assuming that there is a doc *crosses fingers* The doc cannot protect both of us and the outted townie would more than likely die. Thus leaving us back with only myself. Now however, if I receive another innocent investigation tomorrow I will provide both names thus providing three town players with the scum only having the ability to knock one of us off.

RBT's post bothers me. One, there is no way Devestation is the cop. Two, if Devestation flips vanilla I see no reason why I should be vigged or lynched. Vanilla has no reason whatsoever to claim power roles.

I am calling for someone to unvote until Sajin provides why he believes dramonic is scum. There is still some information we can get before we hammer.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:02 am

Post by Sajin »

unvote

dramonic is likely scum with devstation due to voting patterns.

However, konowa, you should state the innocent. Please.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:27 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

I only want konowa to state his innocent if we all agree that Devestation is telling the truth about Charlatan. That way we will have 3 confirmed townies (kon, char and kon's investigation) and one scum (dev) out of 10 players alive. That leaves 6 unknowns with most likely 2 scum amongst them.
Eek
!
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:32 am

Post by Sajin »

I think he is likely telling the truth about charlatan. He does not trust himself to not slip up by actually calling a scumpartner town imo.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:31 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

My Milked Eek wrote:- he hit a townie that's still alive and wants to play his cards close to his chest (is this how you say this in English?)
Not a phrase I'm used to hearing, but I understand it in context. Can't translate for you, unfortunately (and this is from someone with an interest in foreign languages ><).
Devestation wrote:Continuing the charade is just irritating every time I log into the site and keeping me from thinking clearly.

Vote: Devestation

I know when I'm beaten, and that was a good week or two ago. All I want to know is how you turn something as small as an unvote at the end of an RVS into a lynch...
Nice giving up, scum.

And yes, if we have a doc, that person should protect Konowa, who in turn should claim our innocent player before tonight in case he doesn't live to see tomorrow.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
ryan2754
ryan2754
Goon
ryan2754
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:35 pm

Post by ryan2754 »

My Milked Eek wrote:I only want konowa to state his innocent if we all agree that Devestation is telling the truth about Charlatan. That way we will have 3 confirmed townies (kon, char and kon's investigation) and one scum (dev) out of 10 players alive. That leaves 6 unknowns with most likely 2 scum amongst them.

Personally, I don't think we can take Dev's word on Charlatan as gold, at all. I too believe he would be true with his result, but hey, that's just me, but we can't put it past him to do that witha scumpartner.

So we all seem to have differing opinions on cop outting. I recently played a game with a doc and no cop, and a cop with no doc, and I am pretty sure they were minis. Thus, the chance in and of itself that there isn't a doc makes me want Konowa to say who it is. Granted, I see his case about there being a doc, but I am just not willing to take that chance if we can get someone in the clear as opposed to konowa dying in the instance there is no doc.

Scenarios:
1 - No Doc, Konowa withholds Investigation, and Dies. 0 CONFIRMED TOWN
2 - No Doc, Konowa gives Investigation, and Dies. 1 CONFIRMED TOWN
3 - Doc, Konowa withholds Investigation, and Dies (Ignorant Doc). 0 CONFIRMED TOWN
4 - Doc, Konowa withholds Investigation, someone Dies/No One Dies due to protect. 2 CONFIRMED TOWN TOMORROW*
5 - Doc, Konowa tells Investigation, Guessing Game with scum/doc protect. 1 CONFIRMED TOWN TOMORROW.

Telling the information (Scenarios 2 and 5) in my opinion outweigh withholding the information (1, 3, and 4) due to the possibility of a 67% chance of getting 0 confirmed town.

Also, given the gamestate right now, I would not be surprised by a possible scum lynch so Konowa is unable to get his investigation result out at all. I mean, just something I thought about.

I hate telling PRs what to do, but this is one of the few situations that calls for it: DOC, PROTECT KONOWA (Pending Dev revealed as scum, obv.).
Show
Town: 3-4*
Scum: 2-1
SK: 0-1
Unlynched.
"Noone can deny that the Ryan, from now on known as "Bullseye", accomplished an amazing feat. Nightkilling 2 mafia roles on the first 2 nights. He deserves to win." - Alexhans, Mini 829, Town Loss
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:57 pm

Post by charlatan »

Sorry for the delay. I'm in China now, so my time is sporadic.

I too feel I was a pretty shoddy investigation target, if indeed I was investigated by anyone. I'm thinking he just named me to try and get one of those attacking him on his side, and since I haven't been anyone's top suspect yet I might've seemed an easy person to falsely clear.

I'm pretty much with the general tide that Dev is a very solid lynch for today, but it seems a little easy, right? Pretty quick. Most likely last night the scum decided that they did indeed need to bus Dev while the bussing's good, so on my next reread I'll be looking for players who hopped on board this bandwagon today that didn't give it much attention yesterday. I'm also thinking it's entirely possible that Dev miscounted before his self-vote and was trying to quickhammer himself.
- [color=navy] charlatan[/color]
[color=maroon]every sermon is not the gospel[/color]
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
Devestation
Devestation
Goon
Devestation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:32 pm

Post by Devestation »

Konowa wrote:L-1 if I count correctly.

unvote

With the full intent to revote as soon as RBT, ryan, and others have chimed in.
^I did see this. It was not about to affect my decision.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:42 am

Post by dramonic »

Sajin wrote: dramonic is likely scum with devstation due to voting patterns.
...What...voting...pattern?

I voted Charter the whole day yesterday (unvoted and revoted at some point) and Dev today. Where's the pattern with that?
I'm a hoot
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:00 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

charlatan wrote:I too feel I was a pretty shoddy investigation target, if indeed I was investigated by anyone. I'm thinking he just named me to try and get one of those attacking him on his side, and since I haven't been anyone's top suspect yet I might've seemed an easy person to falsely clear.
You're not suspicious to me, which is why I tried to get reasons out of Devestation as to why he investigated you.
charlatan wrote:Pretty quick. Most likely last night the scum decided that they did indeed need to bus Dev while the bussing's good, so on my next reread I'll be looking for players who hopped on board this bandwagon today that didn't give it much attention yesterday.
I beg to differ a tad here. I know what I am, but Devestation was not counterclaimed on Day 1, so the first thing that would probably have come to mind if I were his buddy is to prevent a wagon from forming on him. If a counterclaim occured and the basis behind his fake investigation were not solid, then I'd bus him as hard as possible.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”