Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3850 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:35 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Spoiler: Nashville Dream's Night Results
Natirasha wrote:You decide to follow gossamer wings tonight, they were acting shifty.

Staking out of their house, you sit quietly. Just after dusk, gossamer wings leaves. In the distance, you hear someone call 'Wait up!" at them, but they seem to pay no mind, nearly running the poor guy over in their haste to leave.
-----
You awaken in your bed the following morning with a massive headache, camera in tow. You check the footage from last night, and all you see is static.

Natirasha wrote:
You resolve to follow up with your target from last night--F-16. Upon pulling up, you see the figure you saw last night--the preacher! Remembering his run-in last night, you catch him before he walks towards the door. You both agree that, following last night, it's better to stay in a pair.

You knock on the door, and F-16 opens, apparently in a much better mood than the previous night, inviting you two into he and his brother's house. You, the preacher, and the two brothers chitchat, secretly recording the whole time.

At one point, the preacher stops to use the restroom. A few moments later, CRASH! The three of you run towards the bathroom, which is half-open. Inside: a dark-dressed man is dragging the preacher out of the window into the street.

"Hey!" You yell, and rush forward, but the dark-dressed man is too fast and already out the window, carrying the bound preacher on his back towards a helicopter waiting in the distance.
Behind you, you hear the brothers rush to action--dashing towards the front door. Remembering your original mission, you try to catch up to F-16. You chase the brothers out the door and see one brandishing a knife, running towards the helicopter--the other is in the opposite direction, running towards the woods. Unsure of which to follow, you are acutely aware of how
tired
you are.

The helicopter is starting to fly away, so you turn towards the woods. You make it three steps in before collapsing in the brush, too exhausted to go on. The last thing you see is the red light of the recording camera before passing out.
----
In the morning, you awaken in your room at home. The camera sits on your nightstand. The footage cuts off exactly where you passed out, but curiously, the battery is still running...

Natirasha wrote:The day's investigation led to one thing--the Magician was suspicious. It was finally time to set aside the brothers and follow him.

Sure enough, not long after leaving the station, the Magician was already out again. You tailed him as best you could, and, well, you soon recognized where he was going--the brothers house!

Looking up towards the sun, you saw a faint black dot in distance--a helicopter? Oh shit!

You bolt out of your car, running towards the only point of light--the porch! On it, was one of the brothers, he was calling out to the magician walking forward. You keep running, but it was too late, the magician was on him, already taking him to the ground. Then, the door burst open, and you could see the silhouette of a short figure, knife in hand. Screaming out, the figure turns towards you. You feel a shadow creep up your spine...and that's it.

The next morning, you awaken in your room, bruised, but otherwise well. As has become your routine, you check the tapes. After the point at which your memory laps, the tapes are blank...until the last minute, where there is but a large, toothy grin.

Natirasha wrote:With only three of you remaining, it's easy to follow them. You tail Cutty Shark on his way home to his mansion in the hills--must be nice to be a star! As dusk falls, you get out and hop the fence onto Georgio's property. You sneak into the backyard from there, trying to get to the door. However, you see a recognizable figure at the back door already--the other brother! With a demonic look on his face and a knife in hand, he starts to open the door. You yell out...

...but no sound comes out. You move start to move towards the door, but something has you--black, writhing tentacles slowly surrounding your body---

And you wake up! It is pitch black out, the clock saying it's still just past midnight. You check the camera, and there is no record of anything.

...Did you imagine it?

Spoiler: Fonz's Results
Natirasha wrote:As you leave the building for the day, you decide to visit gossamer wings' home and bless them. It takes you some time to gather your religious materials, and it is after dark by the time you arrive.

As you pull up to their house, you see a figure at the door--gossamer wings! It appears they are going out, although they are sure acting...curious.

'Wait up!' You yell, but they ignore you. You pace towards them and reach them as they get to their car, grabbing their shoulder, "Hey there? Are you alright?"

They just shrug, and get in the car, nearly running over your foot as they pull out.

Frowning, you give gossamer wing's car one last look--is there someone in their passenger seat?

Natirasha wrote:You visited the residence of fferyllt, and upon reaching it, you saw it was also the place where F-16 was last night! As you march up to the door, a man steps out from the shadows--you recognize him as the cameraman at the station. He explains that he saw your interaction last night with F-16 and came back to investigate. Together, you are invited into the home--apparently F-16 and fferyllt are brothers!

You bless the brothers, and have some smalltalk. Before you leave, you decide to use the restroom. Inside, just as you make it to the toilet, the window shatters! Knocked down by the debris, you have trouble seeing as a dark-dressed man binds your legs and arms, then throws drags you outside through the window, towards a helicopter outside. You hear the voices of the others yelling, but they do not make it to you in time--the helicopter is off.

Flying low over the forest, you wriggle enough to stare out the window--in an open grove, you see a small figure bowing before a larger, faceless, slender figure...the small one turns up towards your helicopter, and you can just tell--it's F-16!

-----
You have died! I added you to the dead thread here.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3851 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Holy shit this flavor is good.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3852 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by Natirasha »

In post 3845, borkjerfkin wrote:not what it says in the mod topic, but ok.

Oh, it might have been there at an early point and I jsut forgot to edit that part out. I do all of my designing in PTs.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3853 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:37 pm

Post by Natirasha »

I would not be sad if anyone recorded this as a town win in their records, though.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3854 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:40 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

I put it down as a win in my record. lol
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3855 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:41 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

This flavor is beautiful.

I think in order to hint at it more you could have put some slender pictures in.

That would be so creepy.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3856 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:43 pm

Post by Natirasha »

In post 3855, OkaPoka wrote:This flavor is beautiful.

I think in order to hint at it more you could have put some slender pictures in.

That would be so creepy.

As a rule, I tend to avoid pictures in my games for archival purposes, plus in this situation, I really didn't want overt hints. It's possible, though.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3857 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:37 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 3846, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I had a basis for your scumgame having pushed your lynch in Quickness. Then immediately played with town-you in Fantasy Camp. This wasn't a replica of Fantasy Camp but it definitely felt miles apart from Quickness.

Any examples, or are those gonna stay close to the chest?
To be clear: quack
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3858 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:45 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

About my activity.

Yes i lurked for part of day 2. But how is that alignment indicative/ and why do you guys make a gigantic fuss on not being active as hell?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3859 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:44 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

I don't intend to count this in my record at all.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3860 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:37 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

So when I said F-16 was a mind-controlled killer it was correct.

Unfortunately when someone confirms them as a mason it basically eliminates any possibility of lynching them unless you have some beautiful mind-esque revelation about the setup.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3861 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:43 am

I don't think that was the real issue with the setup.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3862 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:50 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

If we'd lynched F-16 it's not like it'd have really done anything? SK would have had to just blow another night finding a new host, but we'd have lost a confirmed town and it would've probably put us at a less advantageous position overall.

The huge problem is that we were all looking at the situation through a Nashville colored lens as they had zero motivation to actually pass the camera (I think this was actually proper play on their part), and even the results they got weren't particularly clear even to them.

There was literally 0% chance of figuring out who the SK was before the last day anyway, and it's possible with bad target selection that it would never have been possible at all. So I'm not really sure exactly what was expected to happen here.

I am unmoved by everyone in the dead thread gnashing teeth about us not figuring it out.
beefycheese
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3863 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:52 am

In post 3862, borkjerfkin wrote:If we'd lynched F-16 it's not like it'd have really done anything? SK would have had to just blow another night finding a new host, but we'd have lost a confirmed town and it would've probably put us at a less advantageous position overall.

The huge problem is that we were all looking at the situation through a Nashville colored lens as they had zero motivation to actually pass the camera (I think this was actually proper play on their part), and even the results they got weren't particularly clear even to them.

There was literally 0% chance of figuring out who the SK was before the last day anyway, and it's possible with bad target selection that it would never have been possible at all. So I'm not really sure exactly what was expected to happen here.

I am unmoved by everyone in the dead thread gnashing teeth about us not figuring it out.

agreed about all of this
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3864 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:07 am

Not to mention that acting like everything would have been so clear and we'd have figured out that someone not in the game is making those kills if only I claimed that I don't have a night action. Lol. More likely, Nashville might have been mislynched for it. And if it was that clear to the dead players, they probably would have pointed it out while they were still alive. Wish there was an unspoiled dead PT. I don't normally hate it when the dead thread is spoiled but this is one of the exceptions and the major reason some people hate them.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3865 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:16 am

Is having an outside player messing with the game an oft-used mechanic?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3866 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:43 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Real reason I think that dead pt was getting get so salty about not finding slendy is that once you know it, all the clues seems so obvious.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #3867 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:45 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Confbias is a helluva drug
beefycheese
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3868 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:46 am

Post by Tammy »

I don't think anyone was getting salty at you guys not figuring it out.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3869 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:47 am

Post by Honey bee »

I don't think anyone was particularly gnashing teeth in the dead thread. I didn't expect the town could do it but in this case the town was very close so I was hopeful that it could be done. Maybe we were watching without being aware of our informed perspective but it made it fun with seeing what people would speculate about what was going on. I wouldn't have minded an unspoiled PT though because I was pretty obsessed on finding the 3rd party this game but I didn't have the will to fight my lynch (sorry ak ceph mara). I probably couldn't get any closer to the answer. Anyway at the end of the day it's just a game, I don't think the concept here should ruin the enjoyment of it.

AK I've seen a few games with outside players in them, but none of them were on this site.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3870 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:50 am

I think most of the dead PT was fairly cordial. Shouldn't have said "dead PT." Should have specifically called out Tammy and Ffery circle-jerking about how they totally would have figured it out and the rest of us are stupid.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3871 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:52 am

Post by Tammy »

yeah that totally happened.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3872 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:54 am

I can read, you know.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #3873 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:55 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Ok that is not representative of my position at all. I would just hope that people would realize that our 99% recourse for dealing with apparent inconsistencies is that someone is lying, not that something is amiss akin to what happened this game.

I'll recuse myself from this conversation now as I do not endorse the direction it is moving.
beefycheese
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3874 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:57 am

Post by Tammy »

Are you trolling me? You better be trolling me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”