Mini 610: Ace Attorney Mafia - Game Over!!

Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:12 am

Post by Mirth »

On avatars: I don't want one. If I'm the only one in a game without an avatar, that should be a pretty easy scan too.

On BM being emotional: yes, he is actually like this. This is why I have no read on him yet.

If I had to vote now, it would be a threeway tie between BM (though, again, I can't really be sure if he's just being himself), Tajo (for going on about how BG was innocent), and Joubert (for refusing to participate).

=======================================
Page 16 Votecount

Non-Jurors:

**Rishi: (0/7)
Joubert: (0/7)
Matt_S: (0/7)
Natirasha: (0/7)
populartajo: (1/7) {Battle Mage}

Jurors

ChiefSkye4: (0/6, 0/1)
Cream147: (0/6, 0/1)
Gorrad: (0/6, 0/1)
malthusis: (0/6, 0/1)
Mirth: (1/6, 1/1) {malthusis}, Joubert
SlySly: (1/6, 1/1) {Gorrad}, Matt_S
Battle Mage: (0/6, 2/1) populartajo, Rishi

Not Voting: (5/12) ChiefSkye4, SlySly, Cream147, Natirasha, Mirth

Deadline for D1: Sunday July 5, 6:15PM GMT+10
=======================================
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Right so, with only 2 people weighing in, due to the fact both of you have only deigned to name 3 suspects, we are already in a position where the only lynch we can agree on is Populartajo. Not that i have any real issue with that, but i do worry that it gives us little scope for manoevre.

Anyway, i think it's time to start piling our votes on.

BM

*also, Mirth, just get an avatar. I can understand you want to be like me in every way, but such idol-worship can be confusing for some of the newer players. ;)
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Mirth »

How about this: if you create an avatar I deem worthy, I will adopt it?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:01 am

Post by Battle Mage »

lol you seem to be under the false impression that i CARE. :D
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:11 am

Post by Mirth »

Actually, I directed that comment at you specifically since you're pretty much the last person I expect to do even consider doing it, so anyone who feels like griping about my lack of an avatar can gripe at you instead :P
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

they do that already! :P

you gonna vote for Tajo or what?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:31 am

Post by Mirth »

Not quite yet. I'd like to hear some more talking.

Mod: can you prod Sly and Malth and anyone else whos been quiet lately?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Battle Mage »

We only have a few days. We need a unanimous vote. You are one of the more active people here, and its not like we're gonna get a premature lynch by any means. But, by not voting you are not setting a good example to the less active people.

FoS: Mirth
< and that is how you do bold tags :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:53 am

Post by Mirth »

I know we're not going to get a premature lynch. I'm holding off because I'm not entirely happy with it and I would like more conversation first. Since when is it my job to set a good example for people? This is not a newbie game. It's also not like deadline is tomorrow. We till have a couple of days and I want to use them.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:56 am

Post by Rishi »

malthusis wrote: I personally think we shouldn't vote off Rishi yet, but there's simply no way that we can pin the tail on one single player in 2 days (For the fact that we pretty much all think that a number of people that could be scum.)
If I was Rishi right now I'd say any investigate results he had (doubtful of that) and say who he thought was on his scum list before gets sentenced.
SlySly has not posted since last Wednesday and should be prodded.

When I was looking for malth's last post (which was easy to find because I could find his avatar!), I noticed this gem.

Let me summarize this paragraph for you: "I don't think Rishi is scum, but it is too difficult to find a lynch, so I'm not going to try. Thanks for playing, Rishi. Claim now."

So, this isn't scummy?
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Rishi »

Oh,
Unvote, Vote: malthusis
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mirth wrote:I know we're not going to get a premature lynch. I'm holding off because I'm not entirely happy with it and I would like more conversation first. Since when is it my job to set a good example for people? This is not a newbie game. It's also not like deadline is tomorrow. We till have a couple of days and I want to use them.
Look at the overall activity of this game. Not everyone is checking in daily. Its your job to set a good example for people if you are town, because A: you want to give townies every opportunity to contribute and B: you dont want to give scum an excuse to NOT contribute.
We need a unanimous verdict to even save Rishi here, so the only way you are going to get an alternative lynch is by convincing Gorrad. at the very LEAST. You have not attempted to do this, and you can probably see why i'm not buying the whole 'i'd like more conversation' bs. It's very easy to paddle that, but if you arent giving anything to the game yourself, how can you realistically ask others to do so?

Offer an alternative. Offer something to discuss. Offer SOMETHING. Don't say nothing, and then claim you are waiting for conversation, in order to perhaps recommence your shadow baiting earlier on in the game. It's very far from helpful, and doesnt show you in a protown light.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Rishi »

Battle Mage wrote:
Mirth wrote:I know we're not going to get a premature lynch. I'm holding off because I'm not entirely happy with it and I would like more conversation first. Since when is it my job to set a good example for people? This is not a newbie game. It's also not like deadline is tomorrow. We till have a couple of days and I want to use them.
Look at the overall activity of this game. Not everyone is checking in daily. Its your job to set a good example for people if you are town, because A: you want to give townies every opportunity to contribute and B: you dont want to give scum an excuse to NOT contribute.
We need a unanimous verdict to even save Rishi here, so the only way you are going to get an alternative lynch is by convincing Gorrad. at the very LEAST. You have not attempted to do this, and you can probably see why i'm not buying the whole 'i'd like more conversation' bs. It's very easy to paddle that, but if you arent giving anything to the game yourself, how can you realistically ask others to do so?

Offer an alternative. Offer something to discuss. Offer SOMETHING. Don't say nothing, and then claim you are waiting for conversation, in order to perhaps recommence your shadow baiting earlier on in the game. It's very far from helpful, and doesnt show you in a protown light.
Wow. Good posting.

Major townie points for BM here.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:06 am

Post by Matt_S »

populartajo wrote:The logical play for them would be to lurk and comment the less possible.
Oh I WISH things were that simple. Not only does that open you up for a ton of WIFOM, but it also assumes that the lurking scum juror won't be lynched by his peers for lurking. From the beginning, that whole incident was about keeping babygirl from being lynched.
populartajo wrote:Find another way.
If I'm worried about lurking, I generally use prods. Then they have to lurk in front of everyone.
populartajo wrote:I didnt ignore it. She is the defendant, duh.
Are you trying to say that it's excusable for the defendant to lurk?
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Matt_S wrote:
populartajo wrote:The logical play for them would be to lurk and comment the less possible.
Oh I WISH things were that simple. Not only does that open you up for a ton of WIFOM, but it also assumes that the lurking scum juror won't be lynched by his peers for lurking. From the beginning, that whole incident was about keeping babygirl from being lynched.
If I'm worried about lurking, I generally use prods. Then they have to lurk in front of everyone.
matt....please cast a vote already. thanks :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Matt_S »

Oh right, there was another page. I'm not a juror, but a populartajo or SlySly lynch would be my choice.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

(2) think very hard;
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Mirth »

Battle Mage wrote:

BM
I don't think you have the right to levy this criticism at me considering I've spent the first few weeks that this game was going on questioning everybody for everything. Frankly, I'm getting just a tiny bit fed up with the fact that people like Joubert keep popping in, making contentless posts, and ignoring my questions. I also don't like the whole "Rishi is town" assumption that is going on here. None of us (except scum and/or Rishi can know this for sure) so I'm a little suspicious of the whole "save Rishi" campaign that started back when Tajo and a couple of other people somehow magically deduced BG was innocent. So while I don't think Rishi is the best lynch, I don't like the assumption that he's not scum that's going around. I don't like my own personal list of suspects because it's mainly based on the inactivity of half the town. I know that not everyone can check the game every day, but it is not my responsibility to hold their hands and offer them a ready made lynch target because they don't feel like drawing up their own lists of suspects.

And I've decided that I'd much prefer a Joubert lynch to a Tajo lynch, because at least Tajo is trying to participate.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Matt_S »

Ah, right, I forgot all about Joubert. I'd support that lynch as well.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mirth wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

BM
I don't think you have the right to levy this criticism at me considering I've spent the first few weeks that this game was going on questioning everybody for everything. Frankly, I'm getting just a tiny bit fed up with the fact that people like Joubert keep popping in, making contentless posts, and ignoring my questions. I also don't like the whole "Rishi is town" assumption that is going on here. None of us (except scum and/or Rishi can know this for sure) so I'm a little suspicious of the whole "save Rishi" campaign that started back when Tajo and a couple of other people somehow magically deduced BG was innocent. So while I don't think Rishi is the best lynch, I don't like the assumption that he's not scum that's going around. I don't like my own personal list of suspects because it's mainly based on the inactivity of half the town. I know that not everyone can check the game every day, but it is not my responsibility to hold their hands and offer them a ready made lynch target because they don't feel like drawing up their own lists of suspects.

And I've decided that I'd much prefer a Joubert lynch to a Tajo lynch, because at least Tajo is trying to participate.
First off, i have the right to do whatever the hell i like. The sooner you learn that, the sooner you'll come to know and respect the way i play. I don't cower from a fight.
Secondly, it is the fact that you spent the most part of the early stages of the game chasing absolutely f*all that makes me concerned that you arent interested in actually committing to a lynch on good grounds- rather you want to continue to hunt for nonentities in order to fill up the thread and waste the day.

I'll read Joubert's play soon. You'll need Gorrad's thoughts too.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

Battle Mage wrote:right, jurors, please post your lists of favourite lynches. NOW.
If I had to vote, only one person even stands out mildly to me, and that would be BM, and maybe, maybe, maybe Joubert. And not even that much. Now, BG stuck out to me as scummy, but Rishi is picking up the slack, and I'm not sure what to think about that whole ship now, so I can't wager there.

Quite honestly, I'd be willing to thow my vote to wherever it is needed to be unanimous, but I'd prefer it be BM or Joubert.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:13 pm

Post by populartajo »

BM tell me why am I scum now.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by populartajo »

Matt_S wrote:
You have to read all my posts if you want to EXACTLY understand what Im thinking.
1. I think that babygirl is town. Rishi also feels that way.
2. I think that there is at least one probable scum in the juror.
3. I think that we should lynch other person.
Prods wouldnt have worked the way I wanted to and I wanted to pressure the jury. There's like many people lurking and no one gives a damn.
I do it and voila, Im scum.
I dont get it.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:18 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

ChiefSkye4 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:right, jurors, please post your lists of favourite lynches. NOW.
If I had to vote, only one person even stands out mildly to me, and that would be BM, and maybe, maybe, maybe Joubert. And not even that much. Now, BG stuck out to me as scummy, but Rishi is picking up the slack, and I'm not sure what to think about that whole ship now, so I can't wager there.

Quite honestly, I'd be willing to thow my vote to wherever it is needed to be unanimous, but I'd prefer it be BM or Joubert.
I dont suppose this is anything to do with the fact i have attacked and criticised your play? :Roll:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:31 am

Post by Mirth »

So I suppose we need to hear from Cream, Malth, and Sly now.

For the moment:
vote:Joubert
. Willing to move it to Tajo or possibly BM though.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:22 am

Post by Cream147 »

Ok, do you want my 3 scummiest?

I would say Joubert, Popular and...well Mirth, but she would be a last resort. It does seem to me like she's playing as she normally does. Whether she's a good player or not is unrelated to whether she's scummy or not.

I would go with a Joubert or Popular lynch right now.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”