Miccro 821: Welcome Micc Mafia! (D1)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:43 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Because that was your response to me when I asked why you thought it was a bad post. I disagreed.

Should I leave it at that and not press further?
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:43 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

^

Ari....

:shifty:
<(") | (")>
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:46 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 362, Rob14 wrote:Alonzo, who are your town reads right now?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:49 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I would actually like a summary of all of his reads. He promised it on Tuesday, and it's been post-to-post a bit, but the summary for all would be good.

Same for 2.718. Don't expect that to actually happen though.
<(") | (")>
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

Penguin. What are your current town and scum reads.
so...i don't get enough sleep
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by Alonzo »

Townlean
Penguin, UCV,

Null ROB, E , and Horror

scumlean

Bill
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:05 pm

Post by Alonzo »

VOTE: BILL
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:13 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

Mildly curious about my null read. Anything you don't like about my play so far?
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:14 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

Also what caused bill to go from vote worthy to null?
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:49 pm

Post by Alonzo »

In post 382, horrordude0215 wrote:Mildly curious about my null read. Anything you don't like about my play so far?
hrrrm... show me your current reads.
In post 383, horrordude0215 wrote:Also what caused bill to go from vote worthy to null?
you mean Rob?
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

I'm generally not a fan of outing townreads unless I think someone is incorrect in pressuring them such as with Penguin or if something looks tvt.

I've said I would be okay with a 2.17 or rob lynch - bill isn't completely out of the question but I don't think I'd get the consensus on that one so I'm fine tabling that read for a later day.

Is that okay or do you need me to dive deeper?
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:12 pm

Post by Alonzo »

We do have to go balls out to get our guy today, your ostly a null because you have no balls FMPOV =)

get your balls out.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:29 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

In post 384, Alonzo wrote:
In post 383, horrordude0215 wrote:Also what caused bill to go from vote worthy to null?
you mean Rob?
Yeah
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Alonzo »

Swapped those two because Rob seemed better on the re read and Bill worse.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:44 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

Cool thanks.

I'm working on the reads list and should be done soon, but quick question - why do you say that I "have no balls"? I think I've been one of the most active and aggressive players in the game thus far.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:10 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

Not 100% sure why I'm doing this, but I'll indulge you Alonzo. Hell, I'll even take it a step further and give you
reasons
. Reads are in order of town to scum.

Actually... hey e, mind if I borrow this thing?

Code: Select all

Neutral
   / 1         /   7 \
   |          /      |
Scum 0       /     8 Town
   ---------O---------

Pay attention kids, this is how you properly form a reads list.

PenguinPower
- Penguin has been my strongest town read since the beginning of the game. He's the most engaged, and I disagree with Rob's assessment that he hasn't taken stances in this game. Even if he hasn't directly stated it I feel like I've always been able to tell what his reads are on a player based on how he's engaging with them. I also feel that if he was scum he would have jumped on (or headed up) the bill wagon in response to his bait vote. is him explicitly stating that he doesn't want a bill lynch right now, when that could be the easiest wagon in the world to jump to. I'm not conftowning him yet, but it would probably take a guilty for me to vote there at this point.
Rating:

UC Voyager/MafMen
- MafMen was a nullscum read, but UC has come in and improved that read significantly. I liked him calling out bill's townread of him in , and there's a certain degree of cockiness in and that reminds me of my own playstyle when I was playing mafia back in high school. He's been pretty good about actively scumhunting and engaging with players, though I'd like to continue seeing more to help distance himself from his predecessor's actions.
Rating:

Alonzo
- Really hard slot for me to read so far. Hasn't necessarily given me much reason to scumread him, but really hasn't given me a reason to townread either. Ironic that he's asking me to get my balls out when he hasn't done really anything of note at all. He meta reads a lot of his early game - he brings it up in posts , , and . He really didn't start engaging with people in the game until after I called it out, and even now I'm finding it hard to see a lot of scumhunting in his recent posts. He's really only in the middle because other slots have looked worse.
Rating:

bill1148
- I've gone back and forth on my read here a few times. I've gone back and forth with bill a few times. I bet there's some correlation there. I've made my opinions clear on his declaring replacement requests AI (they're not), and I really don't like that he's backtracked on what could have been seen as serious pushes twice now. I'm almost afraid of bringing up anything else lest it turn into another round of Mafiascum Death Match, and we don't need that distraction with deadline looming so I'll just stop this one here. I'd put him on the same level as Alonzo right now.
Rating:

Rob14/Inferno390
- I haven't liked this slot much all game. I disagree with almost every aspect of his Penguin case. feels tonally... off. I know that's bleh and hard to gauge as AI, but this reads as if he knows that the majority of the game townreads Penguin and that he's swimming upstream here, so he wants to see how it's going to go. gives me the same vibes. He also directly states in that Penguin and I could not be scum together, but despite his definite scumread of Penguin he only lists me as a nullread in and has me "ticking the needle towards scum". I understand that this isn't indicative of a scumread, but it's not at all consistent with his previous statement. Associations with his attempts to derail the e wagon are also ticking him more in this direction for me, to steal his phrasing.
Rating:

2 718281828459
- I've expressed my distaste with e's playstyle. I had originally read him as noobtown until about when he introduced his rating system, but when he started breaking out the math it started looking to me like he was just arbitrarily assigning values to posts to get the end result of inferno!scum and hop on the wagon. 36% of inferno's point reduction came because e thought he was being abrasive by saying "Scum" in (a weirdly incorrect attempt at parroting my previous case) and because he was being mean in ? Come on. I also don't like his constant refusal to evaluate other slots like he has promised, or the fact that he's suddenly willing to lynch bill because of .
Rating:
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:21 pm

Post by Alonzo »

Bill/Horror??

Im thinking yes
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:28 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

That's implying some pretty hardcore scum theater - what's your reasoning?
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:30 pm

Post by Alonzo »

mostly the amount of scum theater oddly enough.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:33 pm

Post by Alonzo »

also

you have balls =)
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:33 pm

Post by Alonzo »

thats o longer in question...
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:36 pm

Post by Alonzo »

I guess our balls are on the line now... Its up to the others.

I'l let them pick apart the joys of using 2.17s method against him...
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:40 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

What you're seeing as theater is probably a result of our mutual stubbornness, I think. I'm trying to learn how to disengage with people when things become too distracting. It's a trait I've seen in several games recently - tvt arguments littering threads for pages at a time... usually over small playstyle things that in hindsight were just blown out of proportion. I'm still sorting him and trying to figure out if this is the case here or if they're actually scum AI.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:43 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

In post 396, Alonzo wrote:I'l [sic] let them pick apart the joys of using 2.17s method against him...
Okay but real talk I kind of love this ranking system - at least for me personally being able to rank/sort people. I don't think that using actual math to determine the rankings is effective because I don't think there's a way to properly weight the addition or subtractions of points, but the 0-8 rating helps me really narrow down my thoughts on the game. There's a nonzero chance I'm going to take this and use it in future games.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:52 pm

Post by Alonzo »

GG lololol

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”