Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by Ether »

Day 1, Votecount 15 wrote:4 Capricious (eldarad, hasdgfas, Skruffs, Y)
1 Andycyca (Elmo)
1 hasdgfas (Capricious)
1 Rotten Snitch (Yosarian2)
1 Skruffs (Mizzy)
1 Y (Zindaras)

2 Unvote (Andycyca, Rotten Snitch)

11 alive; 6 to lynch.
Deadline progress wrote:
9/6 - Skruffs, Rotten Snitch, Mizzy, hasdgfas, Elmo, Y,
Yosarian2, Capricious, Zindaras

1 hour and 51 minutes until the next block.
Last edited by Ether on Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Zindaras wrote: Yossy, what do you think of the meta-ing that Sir T did on me at the start of the game?
I think it's fair to say that I pretty much completly disagree with everything Sir T said all game, except for his vote on RS.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by Andycyca »

Post to avoid deadline. Sorry for being absent (my first modding just came up) currently rereading.
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Assuming I am in the next block right now.
Filler post !
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:13 pm

Post by Elmo »

Hmm. Yos, what do you think of Y and Andy? I was happy with my vote on Snitch, and then Andy had to go and be scum, and now I'm all antsy about moving back.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:31 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Capricious wrote:Zindaras has done nothing except dispute with Skruffs about meaningless things
False. I have discussed a lot more in my posts. Also, Skruffs attacked me, so I responded to them. I have to.
I get from reading this that some people are odd, some people are wrong, Skruffs dumb, some people are right, some people are worthless, Skruffs wrong, some people are useless, Skruffs idiot, et cetera. It seems to me that Zindaras is not hunting scum, rather picking out the finer, minor mistakes in semantics and aggressiveness.
I do not call people worthless or useless or dumb. Posts and arguments, maybe, but not people.

People making odd posts and a lot of the other things that I refer to in that post are, in fact, scummy. I just don't put the conclusion in the sentence every single time, it would just increase the length of it for no reason. But here is the post, with conclusions (- being scummy, + being towny, +/- being null):
Zindaras wrote:So, I kind of think hasdfgas is reaching a bit in 63 (-). I don't think Mizzy's post there says that the early pages are completely useless. Kinda agree with her 67. Andycyca basically repeats hasdfgas in 69 (-). Rotten Snitch's 71 is somewhat odd (-). I like hasdfgas's 76 (+). I like Mizzy's 78 less (-). I don't think there is any reason to speculate about things like that at this point, or any point soon, for that matter. Behaviour is still Reason #1 for a lynch. I think both Skruffs's and Sir T's reasons for attacking me are far-fetched to say the least (+/-, needs more analyzing). Capricious's entire play in the first few pages is based purely on going back through old games and pointing out instances were something would or would not be a good decision...ignoring whether or not they are applicable to the current situation (-). He seems to abandon the approach in 103. Not sure if I like the explanation, currently I'm buying it (killing the - from before).
Capricious wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:Ah, but if I had voted you would be calling me scummy for putting a fourth vote on you for little reason. If you had less than 3 votes on you currently, it would have been a vote, but putting you at L-2 at this point is a bit harsh
this is false, contrary to popular opinion, I do not believe L-2 and L-1 votes are scummy just because they are L-2 and L-1. The scummiest votes, I believe are the keystone votes, the votes that propel the wagon to a point of no return. This may be even the 2nd or 3rd vote, or it may be a later vote.
I actually find this somewhat amusing. Tells are invariably based on popular opinion. I believe jeep posted some theory about how docs and Mafia behaved, purely mathematically. And he was right. Tells are beautiful. But when they get out, they're out, and they don't work anymore. From a pure perspective, however, I would make an exception for some tells, most importantly tells that have to do with voting, simply because the Mafia need to get what they want (dead town) and they have to vote for it. This is especially true in situations where the lynch is close.

But I digress. I love theory too much.

I think the Y-Capricious exchange in 111-117 is odd. In this case, it seems like Y is overanalyzing (though Capricious is doing some silly speculation, in my opinion) (- for Y, unsure for Capri).

Andycyca's 123 is odd, as pointed out before. Easy talk about distancing (-). Skruffs's 130 is flat-out worthless (+/-, based on meta). Speculating on why someone was killed is useless. We can't infer anything from it at this point. Rotten Snitch's 135 is actually an example of pure WIFOM. Don't see those often (In my opinion, it's a -).
Skruffs wrote:I remember Patrick and Ether saying they had promised scum roles to SEVERAL people before roles were actually sent out. I do not think if they were actually legitimately promising roles, they would have said so out loud, but SINCE the topic of the chat at that time WAS about Ether's game, the theme of which would only be noted as that of "werewolves", I think that it is VERY likely that someone may have overheard it, thought nothing of it, and then remembered during Night 0 when they said "Hmm...' and used it as a reason, for the sole point of creating a situation.

I'm not actually trying to make a situation of it myself, I am merely putting this information out there so that it can be acknowledged and discarded.
Why put worthless info in the thread?

Blech, tired, need to skim now.

Y's 162 is odd (-). "Why is Capricious forgotten?"

Well, why don't you put him in the spotlights? You're not even voting him.

I also really friggin' love the fact that Skruffs basically says I'm scum because I'm always scum and insinuating that he shouldn't be held accountable if I turn up town, because he's trained to kill me (This one
is
a -).

Yeah, right.

Sir T obviously fails to acknowledge my personality, don't know if it's scum stubbornness or simply town paranoia (conclusion is obv +/-). Elmo is giving me "cruise"-vibes (-). He's basically cruising through the game without really saying anything.

I'm going to
Unvote
for now and think more about this tomorrow, where I will hopefully be less tired.
You still think I'm bothering too much with details? Well, details is where scum tend to screw up. Not in the big things (usually). And, well, there aren't a whole lot of big things to discuss either. If you look at your case on hassy, that is also mainly made out of details, out of an analysis of multiple small posts.
Capricious wrote:
Zindaras wrote:Ohwait, another day? Man. I thought the one at the top of the page was right.

I irrationally kinda like Capri's move here in 262. I think it's indicative of him being town. I'm also not sure about Andy, and I don't think Skruffs is a good lynch right now. So I'm going with Andy.

Vote: Andycyca

Mod, I would like a little deadline extension, though. Kinda difficult to coordinate here.
This is one of the reasons I took a step back on Andycyca.
With a possible deadline looming, I wanted to get the lynch I liked the most of the people who were on the chopping block at that time.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:16 am

Post by Mizzy »

Headed out of town, and will be back Saturday. I should be able to post a little between now and then but you never know.

Before I scoot, I did some thinking on it, and did some Skruffs meta-reading last night, and did come to the same conclusion as others that Skruffs is
probably
anti-town town. I WILL be keeping an eye on him, thought because I am not
fully
convinced.

Unvote
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:17 am

Post by Skruffs »

I am not antitown town. I have a pretty good track record, matter of fact, except the last two Lylos, but in both of those cases, the other other town player was ignorant or absentee. :P
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:22 am

Post by eldarad »

This is my summary of Capri's posts. My thoughts are in
blue italics

random votes Y, refers to a previous game
let's bandwagon Y
adds Skruffs, Zind and Elmo to the 'cat mafia'
cats=wolves
let's discuss why the scum killed an unknown rather than a B-list celebrity like Zind. Deduces that the mafia is NOT made up entirely of newbies (
first bit of content from Capri, but isn't very enlightening. One look at the player list shows that there are few newbies in this game
)
says how Y was a strong pro-town player in Newbie 546 despite being scum in that game
Capricious wrote:
eldarad wrote:Couple of questions for you:
1) How do you know there was only one attempted kill?
2) How does this speculation help us in finding the scum?
1. Saw one kill, assumed one kill attempt
2. Do you have anything else better to be talking about?
Claims that my vote on him is bad, because in the last game we played together, he was town, and "caught 2 of the 3 scum". (
read
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 599#963599
to see how meaningless this is
)
The Skruffs/Zindaras meta-gaming bores him (
now this I agree with
)
would like to discuss Mizzy's post about who the scum are (
so say something then...
)
at cow:don't threaten to vote, either vote or don't. Also:
Capricious wrote:I still believe werewolves are scum and will continue to do so until we have reasons to suspect otherwise. The "For good" part of the flavor just sounds melodramatic. However, we might have reason to believe that power roles using wolfsbane are, in fact, ineffective.
I agree entirely with Y's response to this:
Y wrote:After emphasizing that the wolfsbane kept the werewolves out for good, you say you don't believe this is the case. Do you have a role PM saying they are here again? Their names, maybe?
Furthermore, you say there are werewolves, but that power-roles with wolfsbane won't be effective?
I think you forgot the "Pro-town investigation roles, please don't target me" part.
does not believe that L-2 or L-1 votes are scummy
Jumps on Y's mention of investigative roles,
but completely misrepresents/misunderstands what was said. Just reeks of scum

<disappears for 4 days. Reappears immediately after being prodded> (
like, within half an hour.
)
is pleased that I am keeping track of his disappearance. Votes andycyca
his vote on Y was not based on a misunderstanding (
what was it based on then?
)
Capricious, in post 193 wrote:Skruffs was just trying to say he's metagaming. He was trying to be productive. Y was just taking the literal approach, in fact, my vote on Y was based on meta.
Capricious, in post 103 wrote:That was actually my point entirely. Your metagaming was just as bad as mine, and I cannot understand why you people have spent a page discussing it. I agree with Y in that it bores me.
You've just completely contradicted yourself there in your rush to defend Skruffs/attack Y/justify your own stupid meta

what is a compromise lynch?
"False"
he is too stupid to understand what is going on (
his words, not mine...
). Thinks the Rotten Snitch-Mizzy exchange is between two townies
his vote on Y was based on "feel" (
it took ages to get Capri to spit this out
)
"feel is the best and only way there is"
asks where Sir T is
Capricious wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Capricious

need a lynch, but come to your senses and lynch Andycyca day 2
I think this is a scum gambit. It's more effective in this game than others, because the scum can daytalk. They can orchestrate their votes/unvotes on the Capri wagon much more effectively than usual.
Also, for the record, I think self-voting in general reeks of scum. I'd lynch someone for it any day of the week.

is confident Mizzy and RS are town
skruffs is also solid town
Elmo is townie for defending Capri's stupid comment
Capricious wrote:pro-town people are creators, scum play tag-along/ are concluders
is no longer sure of Andy being scum because "he created something"
Elmo is town for stating on opinion that could lead to him coming under fire from other members of the town
Capricious wrote:eldarad: do you not find me attractive anymore? Prior, you had an unhealthy fetish toward me which you expressed by addressing and serenading me in every post-even going so far as

"The period of time Capri had vanished increased from 2 to 3 days" <-- Seriously WTF?

Have the fires of your love for me cooled and collated into warm coals?

Last time eldarad did this, he was a member of a whole village of idiots, but town nonetheless. His behavior here does fit with the behavior in the other game, so I am unsure on eldarad.
"Mizzy continues to solidify her awesome pro-townness"
makes a (
very flimsy, IMO
) case against cow, and votes for him
Zindaras has done nothing except the meaningless dispute with Skruffs (
I thought Skruffs was being productive...why is Zindaras being meaningless for the same thing?
)
he is self-voting, and so cow shouldn't be voting for him

~~~
So Capri, care to explain the contradiction between his opinion of Skruff's meta on Zindaras ("being productive") and Zindaras' responses ("meaningless")? And, indeed, why you think your meta'ing is better than Zindaras/Skruffs?
Also, how is self-voting going to help the town?
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:46 am

Post by Y »

eldarad wrote:
Capricious wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Capricious

need a lynch, but come to your senses and lynch Andycyca day 2
I think this is a scum gambit. It's more effective in this game than others, because the scum can daytalk. They can orchestrate their votes/unvotes on the Capri wagon much more effectively than usual.
Also, for the record, I think self-voting in general reeks of scum. I'd lynch someone for it any day of the week.
Completely missed the daytalk thing. That's interesting...
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:12 am

Post by eldarad »

/post

7 hours till deadline and this is the first post...
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:20 am

Post by Mizzy »

Back from my trip!

I don't like this because it feels too much like a policy lynch/lynch policy:
eldarad wrote:Also, for the record, I think self-voting in general reeks of scum. I'd lynch someone for it any day of the week.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:43 am

Post by eldarad »

It's a policy lynch/lynch policy in the sense that I think self-voting is an indicator of being scum, and my policy is to lynch scum.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Making sure I post to try and put off deadline at least...
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Mizzy »

eldarad wrote:It's a policy lynch/lynch policy in the sense that I think self-voting is an indicator of being scum, and my policy is to lynch scum.
Eh, I've seen just as many town do it as scum. It's stupid, and not terribly pro-town, but that doesn't make it scummy in my eyes, I suppose.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

So, we need, what, 2 more people to post before deadline today now?
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:43 am

Post by Zindaras »

One less.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Elmo »

can I has deadline extend plz k thx :) :) :)

eldarad: That's a nice bunch of words; I still have little idea why you think he's scum, though. Like, a couple places, you say stuff 'reeks of scum', but don't give any detail.
eldarad wrote:Jumps on Y's mention of investigative roles,
but completely misrepresents/misunderstands what was said. Just reeks of scum
That's kinda odd. You say he misrepresents/misunderstands, like you're not sure which, but that obviously allows for the possibility of him misunderstanding, and I don't see how misunderstanding is a scumtell. I can't find any reason as to why it's more likely he was misrepresenting, here.

That and his self-voting. Not self-voting in general, this specific instance of self-voting - why's it a scumtell?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:33 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Mizzy wrote:
eldarad wrote:It's a policy lynch/lynch policy in the sense that I think self-voting is an indicator of being scum, and my policy is to lynch scum.
Eh, I've seen just as many town do it as scum. It's stupid, and not terribly pro-town, but that doesn't make it scummy in my eyes, I suppose.
Yes, it is mostly stupid, but I've seen both scum and town do it to try to avoid a lynch, so while we shouldn't necessarily vote someone for self-voting, we shouldn't necessarily get off someone's case because they've self-voted to get them closer to a lynch.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:55 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

You know, before we debate this any more:

Capi, could you explain exactally why you thought voting yourself was a good idea?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Lynch scumkitties, moving, we're playing with fire by withbdeadlines
Can anyonew check to see if anyone's posting frequency before/after deadline has passed
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by eldarad »

/post
It's 4am and I'm going to bed.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:15 pm

Post by Y »

Skruffs wrote:Can anyonew check to see if anyone's posting frequency before/after deadline has passed
It's a good idea. You're welcome to do that.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:05 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

/post
hasdgfas
hasdgfas