Newbie 947 (Game over Scum wins!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:22 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Dang it. Nice job, scum.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Final vote count of day 3:

Jmurph - 3 (The King of Eggs, jerbs, Michelsableheart)
Jerbs -1 (jmurph)

Not voting: (bemyally)

With 5 alive it's 3 to lynch
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Zachrulez »

After a long moment of silence, The King of Eggs speaks up and declares Jmurph scum.

This is followed by some murmuring, and after a time passes, Jerbs and Michelsableheart join in The King of Eggs' accusation. Jmurph is sent to the gallows at a blitzlike speed and hung before she had a chance to utter a further word in her own defense.

Bemyally and The King of Eggs breathe a sigh of relief thinking they have gotten a scum lynch... but Jerbs and Michel nod to each other and paint the town hall with the brains of Bemyally and The King of Eggs. Afterwards, they share in a high five, and then go to the bar and look for a good drink to steal.

jmurph
vanilla townie
lynched day 3

bemyally and The King of Eggs
vanilla townie
endgamed day 3.

The mafia team of Michelsableheart and Jerbs win the game. Congratulations to both of them!
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:27 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

My plans were rather simple: play the game, look like hunting scum (if possible without threatening my partner) and see where we get. The day 1 lynch was a last minute switch over in the knowledge that we could kill the cop at night. Day 2 was pushing my lynch target, then switching over to a mislynch near deadline. By then, the greatest risk to our victory would be a fresh replacement who actually tried to get the town organized. We didn't believe any active player would figure us out, so we killed the inactive who was likely to be replaced. My plan for day 3 was to put a Jerbs-TKE vs. a Michel-Jmurph pairing. When TKE voted Jmurph though, all we had to do was quicklynch. I couldn't really vote Jmurph with the stances I had taken during the game (Jerbs-TKE pairing was far too likely to justify a Jmurph vote), so I had to wait for my partner to vote. When he did, I jumped on the opportunity.

Sorry if I'm going to be a bit harsh, but I think town mostly sealed it's own fate. Day 1 was a last effort deadline lynch, Day 2 was a last effort deadline lynch, and day 3 was making use of a townie misvote. There was far too much lurking and inactivity going on to seriously threaten us. I'm particulary looking to Jmurph and Bemyally on day 2. Town needed some players who were willing to take charge, make accusations and get things going. "I don't have anything to go on" might be an excuse for your very first post of day 1, but shouldn't be heard when discussion has actually started. As you could see from my case on day 3, there was more then enough information to build something.

Also, this mislynch shows that in Lylo, you have to be very careful with your vote, because a single misvote can lead to a speed lynch. Jerbs and I didn't talk about how we would go about achieving one, but nowhere during day 3 did TKE even mention considering the possibility of me being scum. By discussing your opinions with others, they can point out mistakes in your reasoning, you can find mistakes in their reasoning, and together, you should be able to find the scum.

Haylen, I may have said this before, but if you're not going to play the game, it's better for everyone if you don't sign up. I already felt I was apologizing for inactivity way too much, and I believe I was far more active then you.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:29 am

For those interested, the mafia quicktopic. Not much was said there, but still.
Wacka Alpaca
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by Wacka Alpaca »

Hmmm... gj scum I guess.
TBH, Michel wasn't even in my radar while playing (At the time i was alive, he was half lurking half hunting).

i always knew bemy was town...
and again, tbh, i thought you guys would have lynched Jerbs...

But we'ver, fairly fun whilst alive.
and GG all.
"He talked about justice, but nobody stirred. He felt like an outcast, alone in the herd." - Cows With Guns
http://i42.tinypic.com/sc6wp1.png
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

For the record, Wacka investigated Michel on night one.

The scum actions should be fairly obvious based on who died and the fact that there was no rber.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I have to agree with Michel that the lack of activity killed the town in this one. It's easy from a scum perspective to take advantage of a low activity town, because no one else is really pushing in the game, so directing mislynches becomes a formality.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:58 am

Post by Haylen »

Michel wrote:Haylen, I may have said this before, but if you're not going to play the game, it's better for everyone if you don't sign up.
Thanks. I know where I'm not wanted.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:16 am

Post by Amished »

I was just talking to Zach over MSN and saw that he had a newbie up. I looked at the votecounts and NK's and had Michel pegged as scum instantly. It's not *just* because he was an IC that tipped me off, but he was *active* and an IC. That's prime NK-target for scum there, and the only logical reason for that to happen is that Active IC is scum.

Being NK'd isn't the end of the world, but losing a game essentially due to activity is worse. Be active, be a threat, be NK'd. At least then you have the hope that other people will come through with the information that you drew out of the town as a whole.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:50 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Haylen wrote:
Michel wrote:Haylen, I may have said this before, but if you're not going to play the game, it's better for everyone if you don't sign up.
Thanks. I know where I'm not wanted.
To be fair, I don't think Haylen's "lack of activity" was the biggest problem for town in this game. The inactivity was a general problem that more than one person was guilty for, and I think the Haylen lurker lynch was a tad misguided. (Offhand I think Jerbs was far lurkier and a far better candidate.)

Been wanting to do this all game Zach just for the pure fact that I can. MWA HA HA! I'M DESECRATING YOUR POST MWA HA *cough* ow, hurt meh throat. ~ Hayl
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:03 am

Post by Haylen »

Also, btw, Michel, you're activity was hardly any better than mine. Jerbs should have been lynched ages ago, he did less than I did. And FYI, the reasons for me not posting as much were unforseeable so don't dare tell me I didn't play the game. If I didn't I wouldnt have replaced in.

@Haylen :P
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Wacka Alpaca
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:25 am

Post by Wacka Alpaca »

LOL
I just remember thanks to Zach that I investigated Michel, and at the same time as that, I was fairly suspicious of Jerbs.

How differently would this game have gone, if it was you all voted with me, or didn't dredge out my role.
we would have won (Possibly) on day 2 lol (day one: Jerbs Day two: Michel).

How cool would that have been?
but oh well, coulda been a cool way to win :)
"He talked about justice, but nobody stirred. He felt like an outcast, alone in the herd." - Cows With Guns
http://i42.tinypic.com/sc6wp1.png
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:36 am

@Amished: completely agree. That's why I asked Jerbs to attack me for that reason. I expected to get a lot of flak for being still alive, and didn't want to make the link between us obvious. I was really surprised when nobody joined Jerbs in the attack on me.

@Haylen: I admit that my activity was poor, and I completely agree that Jerbs should have been lynched before you.
bemyally
bemyally
Goon
bemyally
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:05 am

Post by bemyally »

Gosh this time round I just KNEW it was Michel. I finished my other game and the was another guy who had the same play-style as MSH who turned out to be scum. I wish I actually remembered this game to come back to it :(.

Next time I won't wait for someone else to make the first move, and just vote.

Well.. good game mafians, you won fair and square. If you do come up in another game with me in the future though, I will be watching you a lot more closely, town or no town.
The longer I wait, the harder I'm gonna fall.
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Jerbs »

Just a question to town...

Why wasn't I lynched?
"Those that hammer others are called scum. But I think those who lurk and refrain from voting are worse than scum. If I'm going to be called scum either way, I'd rather hammer! And if that's not being a proper Mafia player, then I'll destroy that idea!"
V/LA on most weekends
bemyally
bemyally
Goon
bemyally
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by bemyally »

I don't quite know, I was meant to vote you but I forgot about the game. It doesn't matter anyway, TKE voted jmurph
The longer I wait, the harder I'm gonna fall.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:49 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last Post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”