Micro 942: Blood on the Clocktower - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3650 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Drixx »

For the record, I was around a lot, but I had no interest in any death today besides elements, and Auro was either scum trying to WiFoM or had decided for some reason to go all weird. I wasn't especially interested in trying to make it any weirder at the end.

I DID; however, misunderstand and thought that if it were somehow Nahdia (didn't make sense and the rage posts Nahdia made especially seemed to reinforce that today), preserving votes was necessary.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3651 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:30 am

Post by Auro »

A50 and I were planning to counterclaim Minion in our PT
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3652 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:43 am

Post by Nahdia »

in my defense, it is pretty frustrating that after all this, only 1 dead person used their vote. a50 gets a pass bc he's minion, and auro at least made his stance clear.

this game was a lot of fun, though idk that i'd play it again, at least not right away. flipless is extremely confusing, it forces a really high mechanical burden to make sense of what's going on. and like i said, i think the nomination voting mechanic, while interesting, is probably incompatible with forum mafia.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3653 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:47 am

Post by Nahdia »

tyvm Xtoxm for modding, very smoothly run game. as i said, despite my frustration, i enjoyed this game quite a bit overall.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3654 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Auro »

Lol you don't need a defense, you played pretty much how you should be playing!

Not just the mechanical burden but even dayplay associative matching with everyone is hard.

-Change to flips, and counterbalance with other roles
-Daytalk for scum
-Normal execution mechanic, no nominations

I think BoTC roles could possibly be adapted to this. I'll try designing one soon.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3655 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Auro »

I look forward to you guys in future games. :D
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3656 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:51 am

Post by Nahdia »

Eh, I think daytalk for scum is unnecessary.

The thing with the execution mechanic is it is a good way to involve the dead players, if you want to preserve that. You could possibly just make the game plurality-based and give people the option to "lock-in" their vote to end the day? and still only give ghosts one vote. idk, would need to think about it more.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3657 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:57 am

Post by Auro »

In BoTC it's impossible to get to talk to your partner freely without getting suspected for it, whereas in RL it's much easier. Daytalk would also be a pretty good counterbalance to having flips.
Also generally I'm a lot more motivated to play scum when I have a thread to chill out with a trusted scumbuddy in, so I may be biased towards the idea :P

I'm not really a fan of the extra execution because of dead votes either... I feel like dead people can still be involved with their voice?
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3658 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Nahdia »

Fair on the PT thing I guess.
From experience, lots of treestumps just stop participating if they have no way to influence the game beyond their vote.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3659 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:01 am

Post by Auro »

I guess, but if you're never going to use your vote till LyLo even then you're not really influencing the game. Maybe honestly just getting out of the game is better. I like games getting leaner with a smaller amount of people, it's easier to focus as well.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3660 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:31 am

Post by insomnia »

nice
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3661 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:18 am

Post by Almost50 »

Oh, well. GGA. It was indeed fun, but it also was hard for me to win against this particular combination of elite players.

N0: skitter
Else: Nahdia

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3662 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3652, Nahdia wrote:in my defense, it is pretty frustrating that after all this, only 1 dead person used their vote. a50 gets a pass bc he's minion, and auro at least made his stance clear.

this game was a lot of fun, though idk that i'd play it again, at least not right away. flipless is extremely confusing, it forces a really high mechanical burden to make sense of what's going on. and like i said, i think the nomination voting mechanic, while interesting, is probably incompatible with forum mafia.
Auro and A50 both scumclaiming whilst Nahdia speaks in riddles about their own alignment gave me great anxiety reading the past few pages, thanks.

Glad the solution was the simple one and I got 1/2 scum figured out. Voted to execute both. Trusted those I should have. Sorry for not believing in Auro who was indeed the drunk :c

Gg everyone
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3663 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:06 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Ah it wouldn't be a complete game without me failing to remember a multiquote

Blabla yeah heavy mechanics not my bag blabla
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3664 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:21 pm

Post by Almost50 »

LOL @ people disliking heavy mechanics. I mean, this IS my cup of tea indeed. I almost always make bad decisions using deduction/logic/gut, but I almost always make the right moves when it comes down to a mechanical approach.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3665 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by Nahdia »

i generally like heavy mechanics but this was just a bit much for me

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3666 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by Nahdia »

or at least, i like heavy mechanics, but i also need there to be a bit more of a handhold. there was very little we could say for certain here, besides firebringer being real.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #3667 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

the lack of certainty is what i love about this game
we usually play with the sentinel rule in play: there may be +1 or -1 outsider. so fb wouldnt have been ic
cops are so boring. theres no counterplay to being straight guiltied

i know the nomination format isnt ideal for forum, i tried to make it work as best i could without making the game cripplingly slow waiting for all players to declare. it still felt painfully slow at times.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3668 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by Nahdia »

i mean i agree with cops being lame. i like the general layout of the power roles. totally flipless though just tired me out, having t oconstantly keep track of the scope of all possibilities.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #3669 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

mm, i thrive in the mechanically dense.
you were one of the players that engaged the most with the mech side and you were fun to watch.
most of my irl mafia friends like this game but theres some who dont like it cus its too mech heavy, and that happened with the playerlist here as well.
maybe we could do discord BOTC sometime, it runs much smoother in a one-session setting, i think you'd like it.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3670 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by Nahdia »

i can defo see myself enjoying this more in a one-session style.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #3671 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

All PTs should be open now, links in first post.
And here is my mod PT/monologue. You can see some of my anxieties with the setup here. I definitely could have used someone who knew the game to discuss things with, making this game work for forum was pretty hard.
Overall I think it went decently enough, game went to lylo with both sides still having a chance.
A50 wants me to run another one but my overall sense is that most of you are not looking for another run, so I think it would struggle to fill. Do let me know if you're interested in more BOTC.
Thanks for playing everyone, I hope you enjoyed it!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3672 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3643, Auro wrote:Lol, I was totally off base. Sorry Skit+Nahdia! :D
Indeed ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3673 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:38 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3671, Xtoxm wrote:All PTs should be open now, links in first post.
And here is my mod PT/monologue. You can see some of my anxieties with the setup here. I definitely could have used someone who knew the game to discuss things with, making this game work for forum was pretty hard.
Overall I think it went decently enough, game went to lylo with both sides still having a chance.
A50 wants me to run another one but my overall sense is that most of you are not looking for another run, so I think it would struggle to fill. Do let me know if you're interested in more BOTC.
Thanks for playing everyone, I hope you enjoyed it!
Thanks xtoxm, i think you did a great job modding this!
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3674 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3602, Auro wrote:1. What is Elements' partner doing? A50 doesn't even seem to care much, he left that vote as a favor to me and then retracted it anyway. Absolutely no panic in this thread apart from me.
2. Skitter voted Elements inspite of their townread with a "ahhhhhhhh sorry :/", conveniently forgot that a Minion execution was a waste last day, and that Nahdia+A50 makes much more mechanical sense than Elements today
3. Skitter jumped on Elements' weird play (which I can't defend easily) pretty aggressively, and is way too comfortable with her vote
4. Why do you guys suppose the Undertaker was killed N1 over the Monk? Imp was more afraid of Drixx's "Chef or drunk" result when Skitter had 0 neighboring pairs as a result, over a Monk who could negate any NK? (Hint: if Skitter was Minion, Drixx's result would've made it much harder for the scumteam)
5. Nahdia nominated Skitter D1, BUT she soft defended Skitter during that nomination phase pretty hard. She panicked, and also requested a private thread just with Skitter. Fishy, no?
6. Nahdia requested a PT with Skitter only again the next day. Outside of LyLo these were the only 2-person requests outside the IC.
7. I was creating self-associations with Nahdia today and both Drixx and Elbirn got , Skitter didn't even react to it
8. Skitter apparently did some meta study, but comes out with nothing convincing? The best she's got is something along the lines of Nahdia's play being different from other scumgames, and Ame's scumrange being broader than she thought. These do not feel like legitimate conclusions, rather emptyposts just to fit more comfortably with her agenda.
If u want me to address these things i can, but i'm not sure you want to rehash it again
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”