California Trilogy - Dantès in Fresno (Game Over!)

IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:33 am

Post by IH »

Adele wrote:btw, if you think that hypotheticals don't have a place in the game, then, sucks to be you. I don't know how not to argue with hypotheticals - they're too big a part of my brain.
There' a difference between a hypothetical and a very specific hypothetical <.<;
Logictus wrote:Yeah IH isnt doing anything to alleviate my vote which was based on his predecessor.
Curious what makes you feel this way. Pooky sounds like his is a gut. Yours sounds like I have done something specific which makes you suspicious of me.

For why I have voted LML see post 311 (in response to peoples "Why is there an LML wagon")
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:44 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
11 to lynch.

LoudmouthLee: 5 (Adele, Cubsfan4ever, IH/Oman, Skruffs, Thesp)
Skruffs: 4 (Dragon Phoenix, Battle Mage/jeep, LoudmouthLee, VitaminR)
Cubsfan4ever: 3 (foolinc, PookyTheMagicalBear, Talitha)
Battle Mage/jeep: 2 (Cogito Ergo Sum, Mgm)
foolinc: 1 (Tamuz/Thestatusquo)
IH/Oman: 1 (logicticus)
PlaysWithSquirrels: 1 (xyzzy)
PookyTheMagicalBear: 1 (PlaysWithSquirrels)
xyzzy: 1 (Zindaras)

Current Condorcet Winner:
Battle Mage/jeep

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:53 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Hey guys, I'm back!

Still like my jeep/Battle Mage vote!
JEEP wrote:What?!?!? Scum will only do pro-scum stuff that they don't realize is pro-scum. If they do stuff that they think is pro-scum, they are stupid. This has got to be the most backwards thing I've read in a LONG time.
If this were true, there'd be no way to differentiate between townies and scum when it comes to scummy actions as both would have to be unaware of the (pro-scum) consequences of their scummy actions. This is very much wrong. If Mgmscum thought discouraging the use of list voting was pro-scum and he didn't expect to be held accountable for it, then he absolutely should do the pro-scum thing.

Not to mention that if scum only do pro-scum stuff consciously if they're stupid, then smart scum shouldn't attempt to get any pro-town players lynched. Distinctly untrue.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:01 am

Post by IH »

^agree^
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:08 am

Post by Zindaras »

LoudmouthLee wrote:Have you ever known me to be NOT overaggressive?
Do I know you?

As far as I know, I've played one game with you. Mini 444. It was abandoned, it was different. I do not have much experience with you, I don't have much experience reading you.
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Is anyone else having a deep unsettling suspicion of IH right now?
Not particularly, no.

Funnily enough, Lee isn't the one who is currently closese to being lynched...that's Battle Mage. So I don't really see why Lee should claim.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:07 am

Post by Mgm »

foolinc wrote:While I disagree on his opinion of Oman, I am still leaning toward town with logicticus.
The way you said it makes it pretty clear that disagreeing with someone is not the sort of thing you use to see if someone is town, so what exactly is it about logicticus that makes you think he's town?
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:50 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Gaspar (Glork + Primate) replaces PlaysWithSquirrels.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:57 am

Post by Gaspar »

Glork here... obviously, mith has ok'd the two of us working together, as together we can maintain the posting requirements for the game. I read the first ~4 pages of the thread a few days ago, but didn't pick up on a whole lot. I'm going to try to dedicate a large chunk of time to read the thread tomorrow evening (likely between 8 and 10 PM EDT)... don't know Primate's schedule, though.

I'm trying to decide if Primate and I should let you know who is posting beforehand, or whether we should just post. I'm leaning towards the former, but thought I'd open it up to discussion.

In the meantime...
Unvote
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:10 am

Post by Gaspar »

Hi. I haven't actually been following the game up until this point, though I'll catch up first chance I get. I was actually looking at the thread earlier today, but it was only to be very saddened by the fact that jeep wasn't playing in it anymore.

^^^Not Glork.
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:35 am

Post by foolinc »

I don't know about everybody else, but while I would like you two to post which one of you is speaking, it would be the end of the world if you didn't.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:04 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Previous Vote Count wrote:Skruffs: 5 (Dragon Phoenix, foolinc, Battle Mage/jeep, LoudmouthLee, VitaminR)
Skruffs, last post: wrote: Dp, you arent interested in a name claim, presumably because, just like you have been since your original band wagon vote, which you hastily found reasons for later, you just want me to be lynched. I'm presuming that it is better play to actually hunt scum rather than blindly try to get someone lynched.

Is Anyone else who is voting me not interested in a name claim? Or would they rather keep pushing for a mislynch?
The people who are/were on my wagon are/were the following, with their responses:
Dragon Phoenix
: Ignored it to call me stupid instead. See below.
Battle Mage:
ah sorry, *Unvote*
LoudmouthLee:
If necessary, I will claim.
Foolinc
: Skruffs: While his play as of late has given me some doubts of whether or not he is really scum, downgraded to slightly scummy. *unvote*
VitaminR:
Well that part of Skruffs' behaviour has little to do with why I'm voting him. That's why...

VitaminR and LoudMouthLee have ignored the request.
LoudmouthLee even offered to, himself, while ignoring mine. And now I am curious as to what 'other reasons' other than my behavior, VitaminR is voting for me for.

I even went back to look to see where VitR voted me. I figured he stated his reasons earlier, and I missed them:
VitaminR
I don't like your defensiveness or OMGUS one bit.

Unvote: Oman,
Vote: Skruffs
Care to expand on this, VitaminR? I'm really curious what 'defensiveness' is, if it's not part of someone's behavior. Is it part of the digestive system? Please remember, I'm rather stupid, so talk in small little words so that I can understand.

I'm not in the lead of being lynched, but I wanted to follow up on my request. BM and Foolinc do not seem as opportunistic, they unvoted without asking for a name claim. The other three are still blustering. I'm suspicious of them. Especially DP.

-------------
In other news:
logicticus
Skruffs, are you really advocating a name claim this early or am I misreading that?
I offered to name claim to help prevent a mis lynch. Try to twist that into advocating anyone else in the game to name claim.
-------------
PookyTheMagicalBear:
Skruffs, why are you voting Lee right now?
I want to help lynch scum. I am not scum. To allow myself to be lynched over someone else who might be scum would be untownly. Therefore, I put my vote on someone else to try and prevent a mislynch. I'm surprised you couldn't piece that together. You're supposed to be really good at this game.

If that's not enough, there's this. He makes bad points as reasons to vote someone, gets called out, and hides away saying "But that's just how I am!" He has taken minute opinions (look at his post against Thesp) and blows them into extreme proportions, but doesn't want any counter inquisitation when people are curious about it. So if I were to push for someone's lynch, day one, with no information, it would be someone who has been playing a game similar to the way LML has, so far, today. Which works out, because apparently, four other people also agree with that mentality, which is why he has four votes on him.

Side note: You seem to be asking me a LOT of questions about minute aspects of my play. You are not asking anyone else in the game questions about their play. Are you interested in Vitamin's reasons for voting me, since they are not based on my behavior?
-------------
Mgm:
Skruffs wrote:And I would like a lot of people's opinions on this. How likely is it to know the number of mafia groups on day one, before anyone has died, if you aer not in one of them and thus have no idea how big one or both of them are?
Dragon Phoenix wrote:To Skruffs: yes, there might be a second mafia family. That is not unheard of in a 20 player game. I would even bet either two families or one family and a SK.
He's made a guess regarding the setup based on the number of players in the game. The word "might" shows he's guessing and unless you know something I don't there's no evidence yet, that that guess is actually right.
This is very confusing. DP says that there are two families. I point ou that nobody except scum have any idea how big or how many the scum groups are. There have been no chances for night kills so we do not know how many scum groups are. You know who might be suspicious of a second mafia family, on day one? Someone who is in a unusually small mafia family. And I point you to Mafia 61, which had one scum group of 5 people in a 23 player game.

He used "Might" in his second post (which apparently is the third or fourth word I've used wrongly in this game. Stupid skruffs, durr hurr hurr). The point is,
why would you even suggest something like that if there is no reason to think it?

Oman said he thought we were mutually exclusive scum. Not we could be, or anything like that, but that there was two scum parties, and we were each part of one.
DP said "He could even be of a second family." Not "a second scum group", which is what he tried to corerct himself as meaning later, but family. Specifically, TWO mafia families.
-------------

Gaspar
:
Welcome to the game! Having you around will be exciting. Personally I do not care if you note who said what, but if you don't, be prepared to both be held accountable for something the other person said. My only issue is that I don't understand why the mod would assign two players to one role so shortly after saying that finding enough replacements may be an issue.

-------------

Dragon Phoenix
Are you trying to play the dim card Skruffs?

Durr hurrhurrr.

1. jeep clearly went out for family reasons - what are you trying to reach by casting doubt on his motives? jeep backing out because he is under pressure??

I'm not trying to "reach" anything. His replacement, in and of itself, is not based on him breaking the rules, and not from teh family thing, which spurred a question: "Why?". I am sorry that some people do more than bandwagon vote to figure out who is scum or not. If jeep has a scum=tell where he leaves or replaces otu of a game if he screws up somehow, than yeah, I will definitely move my vote to him. Some of the more experienced players in the game may very well be able to point that out. I have no idea. REMEMBER: NEVER PLAYED WITH HIM. It probably was not very tactful to probe into the events surrounding his departure, but, I went there.

2. Reading the rules is a clear prerequisite for this game. The deadline has been announced since day one.

What is the point of saying this directly to me,

3. Congratulations on the astute observation that if I mention a second family, that this implies that there is a first. Excellent. If you think my next comment you refer to (about there also being a possibility of one family and a SK) is backpedalling, then you don't understand the meaning of that word.

Oh wow. The problem is not that you implied there was a first family. The problem is that you seemed to think there would be a reason for there to BE A SECOND FAMILY. I pointed out that you seem to think there may be two families, and you immediately change it to "Second family or SK" - but you didn't imply SK. You implied second family. And if someone is in a small mafia group, they might be more suspicious of a second mafia family than a normal townie would be. THAT is my point,a nd you haven't actually refuted that. You are instead trying to belittle my intelligence. Guess what. Everyone belittles my intelligence. If you think I'm stupid, fine. My point must be stupid too. Which means that you can respond to it, easily, because you are so much smarter than me.

I would be happy with a Skruffs, battlemage(jeep) or Cubs lynch.

I have pointed out so many errors in your decision that I should be lynched, and you mostly just ignore them and stubbornly keep saying I should be lynched. Was it really just a 'townie bandwagon vote' or are you just trying hard to get someone not in your mafia group lynched? Nothing you have done since has indicated to me that you are interested in more than death.

-------------
IH:
It's useless to speculate about this, but considering how long Jeep has been playing, and making his "list of scumtells" and such, it could be for any number of reasons. Using this against BM isn't valid I think.

FoS:Skruffs I think....

Again, do not take me ASKING if jeep's request to be replaced as SAYING that he is scummy. I was asking because I have no idea. If I thought it was, I would not have asked.

Also, how does a name claim help us at all? Just curious.

You are up to date on the theme of the game, right? I can't tell if this is fishing or not.
-------------
Cubs:

Most of your posts have been (rightly) asking why I got such a wagon on me and saying I'm town, etc. I appreciate it, to a point. You did something similar to this in Anime mafia as an SK. Are you scum?
-------------
Tamuz"

I won't ignore you, don't worry.
I liked your first post, not because I agered with it, but because you went to the trouble to put your opinion out there. I'm going to pick on teh things about me first, everyone else second, because I am Skruffscentric.

- Over-defensive & bad logic, slight vent at pooky (?)

I resent having my intelligence insulted. He was a band-wagon-insulter, which is pointless and baitive.

- Blames, or explains a 'scummy' action of his on the mod. uhh DP isn't modding this game, you can't blame the mod.

???
Okay, so you thought putting MGM after no lynch was scummy? Did you think about that much before you made that decision?
What does DP not modding have to do with blaming the mod?
And did I blame the mod? No. I have taken responsibility for what I've done, which was, stir the pot. I explained that I used the mod's example for my own first list - but I would hardly call that 'blaming' him.

- Aside about LML and CH is appreciated
Sure.
- Tally makes him happy? She hasn't said anything of importance or value
She was the first person to use common sense in defending me, which made me feel better. Also: "vote: playswithsquirrels, cubsfan, Oman, Zindy, no lynch ::Wink::, MoS" See that wink? That made me happy.
- Compares his actions to LMLs and wonders why LML is geting meta-excused and he isn't (180). But fails to mentions that unlike LML he used horrid logic and misrepresented the word misrepresent.

I don't like this, because it ignores the horrid logic that LML was using. Say I have two apples. If I look at one, and then the other, for imperfections, I will find that the one I did not look at is probably more perfect than the one I did. Similarly, if a friend gives me an apple and says "These apples tend to be a little sour", I will be more surprised and upset about the apple that was not given to me by a friend, because, hey, I had no idea this apple was sour. Does that mean that the second sour apple is 'better' than the first, in either of those examples? No. Does it mean it is worse? No. But the means for determining which apple is better or worse, is flawed. That's what I was complaining about.
-224 = deflection

Yay Tamuz. BetteR?

That's my part. Let's look at the other parts.
Mos - avoiding possible tells - that's what I thought, too.
Foolinc - HE talked about other players as well - is that the only note of worth?
PWS - I can see you thinking that about him - but what does it mean?
Adele - I don't see her as counselling me in 181. It sounds a lot more like she was giving LML an out. (which is why I put her on the condorcet list later on)
Talitha - Blowing steam happens a lot. For example, you have spoken about two players in this post 'blowing steam' or saying a lot without saying anything, but you don't actually take your review of any players further than that, a review. So...
xyzzt-
- I think this is a false dilemma where he states in 159 that the scum are the only ones who start with any information. There are way too many goofy roles that we as a community have invented that result in townies or third parties starting with informations either because the mod outright states it or because one mechanic implies another.

I think scum start with more information (in most games) than any other role. Someone being a miller might imply there is a cop, but, mafia know which of them are scum and which aren't, which is the eral point of the game. Speaking of mafia knowledge... what do you think about the multi family theories that have been thrown about?

cubs - Agreed, but, curious about the 'at this moment' emphasis. Do you think the wagon that was on me at that moment was sound?

Jeep - Which assault by DP? And what does "Thermopylae' mean?

yay thesp - *patpat* Flattery can get you everywhere. Sometimes the best way to really figure out how someone works is to compliment them and make them feel confident. Thesp is a Macintosh apple.

Now I have more questions for you:
Cogito Ergo Sum
Dragon Phoenix
IH, replacing Oman D1
logicticus
LoudmouthLee
Mgm
PookyTheMagicalBear
Thesp
VitaminR
Zindaras

You forgot these players! What do you think about them?

Mod quote removed. Do not quote the Mod. - Mod
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:39 pm

Post by Glork »

Skruffs wrote:My only issue is that I don't understand why the mod would assign two players to one role so shortly after saying that finding enough replacements may be an issue.
As I said, the two of us combined can actually meet the post requirements of the game. One or the other... probably not, as we both have meatworld getting in the way of MafiaScum right now. We sortof figured that two half-players could get the job done, whereas one or the other would just end up getting replaced.

(Glork speaking, btw.)
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:40 pm

Post by Glork »

EBWOP: >.<
Good job posting as Glork, Glork. Oh well, no harm done, I suppose.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:15 pm

Post by Thesp »

LoudmouthLee wrote:Call me a conspiracy theorist, but someone who wants clarification on a "Bah" post is someone who wants the town to ultimately think that they will be nightkilled, and will be "in need" of a Bah! Post. I don't know if that makes sense, but to me, anyone who asks for clarification of rules in thread (IE: Mod, I need clarification of my role) is generally scum. I have used this scumtell in scumchat numerous times, and I feel it's pertinent.
This is absurd. It doesn't come to mind to conclude that someone thinks they'll be nightkilled if they're asking about a "Bah!" post, and therefore
more
absurd that such a post would be faking an impression that doesn't come to mind. I think you're making it up.
LoudmouthLee wrote:Instead, I feel that MoS "wanted us to definately know" his vote was random. It looked forced. Which, of course, was something you accuse me of later.
What felt forced, that he wanted it to look random, or the random vote in the first place? Also, I'm not sure what that last sentence is doing there - are you adding credence to my concern, or mocking your own (re: "looking forced")?
LoudmouthLee wrote:If someone misattributed you to being "misrepresentful", you would be ALL over them too. Stop playing the holier than thou card.
I'm uncertain how you have such divination powers. ("
You
would have acted like
Z
" arguments are always very problematic - and troublesome.)
LoudmouthLee wrote:I am choosing to try to play the calm, cool and collected card right now rather than the guns-a-blazing typical LmL style.
LoudmouthLee, in his next post wrote:Have you ever known me to be NOT overaggressive?
I'm terribly confused here. Can you tell me if you're being calm, cool and collected, or being overaggressive?
Cubsfan4ever wrote:I don't really know what you mean here. Obviously I can't just not post since we have a posting requirement. I do not see how am I "hiding" or could hide even if I wanted to. This post just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
If you had to post at least
X
amount by virtue of being in the game, yet wanted to contribute as little a trail as possible, how much would you contribute? You seem to be contributing
X

As much as I like where your vote is, I'm bothered by the things everyone else seems to be correctly noting - the "lurking in plain sight".
Mgm wrote:Until someone decides to do a PBPA or post count, then he's screwed.
Based on the chances of that happening, I call BS.

Lurking in any form is a non-viable strategy for this game.
Does that mean scum are unlikely to attempt it anyway?
Skruffs wrote:Why does day end in four days? I would think that while a deadline is useful, making everyone post every other day leads to a wealth of information. There are five or six players who have just replaced in who should have a chance to get their opinions out, as well, before the day is snubbed short.
I think we're closely approaching the point of diminishing returns, and am pretty happy the deadline is coming around. Somebody's gotta die.
Adele wrote:I don't like the divestment of responsibility, I don't like the fact that it's people pretending to contribute and actually contributing nothing to discussion (apart from this, but that's sooo not the point).
Why might MoS have faked it? I don't know and I don't care. I just think it's worth noting that it could be faked for nefarious purposes. The fact of its potential is the issue, not the likelihood of it. That was not my accusation.
If I understand correctly, you're saying what he's doing could be done by scum for something helpful for scum, though you're not certain how it might help scum, nor are you really certain that scum are more likely to do it. It seems you presented the case much more strongly at first.
VitaminR wrote:LML has been loud and aggressive, but, well, he always is.
Do you think this is why he's being voted?

I actually like what Skruffs has said about DP re: 2 families. A lot. I'm back to wanting to keep Skruffs around.

Still happy with my vote, I'll try to do a new Condorcet in the next day or two.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:17 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Last post before we leave for Hamburg. Not much of substance has happened recently, and BattleMage has done nothing to take away my suspicion from jeep.

Two remarks @skruffs:
1. I never said you were stupid. There is a clear difference to saying "you are stupid" and "are you trying to play the dim card" because the latter implies that you are not stupid but just acting that way to try to gain an advantage.

2. Do not mis represent what I said ("DP says that there are two families.") - I never said that. Another scum tell.

That said, with the town's natural reluctance to lynch jeep out of the way, I am going back to (sorry, don't have time to check who replaced whom):

Unvote Skruffs

Vote Batlle Mage/jeep
, Skruffs, [Cubsfan4ever, Mastermind of Sin, PlaysWithSquirrels, Thestatusquo], [LoudmouthLee, Mgm, Oman, PookyTheMagicalBear, Talitha, xyzzy], [Adele, Cogito Ergo Sum, foolinc, logicticus, Thesp, VitaminR, Zindaras], Dragon Phoenix, No lynch.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:09 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Talitha wrote:Tamuz, I am not going to provide explanations for eveyone on my condorcet list.
I don't want explanations for everyone, just cubs. He is the one in my eyes that I don't see any real reason for you to treat him as you have. And you avoid tooth and nail explaining to me why.

Adele wrote:
Tamuz wrote:TheStatusquo is innocent. If you don't believe me, just ask Tamuz
?
Joke
Adele wrote:
Tamuz wrote:Adele:
-109 only 1 thing really strikes here? Minimalize much!
Introduction of null tell- I've never heard of this before, but its something I missed going IA the last few months of mafia this doesn't matter. If its a relatively new term, I'm somewhat concerned of Zindie's overuse of it and PWS
picking up of this term.
councils
skruffs, advising him how to deflect attention. HUHUHUHUHJUHUHUHUHUH?
- That quote in Adel's siggy calling her misguided realllllly applies to Adel
e
as far as LML defending MoS goes
1. I did
not
advise skruffs on how to deflect attention. I advised him to
play well
2. Are you getting me confused with Adel? Adel/=Adele. We are different people.

I agree with Tamuz's post #296 on: MoS, xyzzy and Cubs; I either mildly disagree or have no opinion on his other analyses, except his judgement of me (see above)
come soon.
1. You could phrase it that way. I prefer the way I phrased it because thats how it appeared to me.
2. Nope I just mistyped at one point. I was trying to say you were misguided, I fixed my spelling error, it should read better.
Skurffs wrote: What does DP not modding have to do with blaming the mod?
Setup/outguessing the mod=bad
Slash before your time, bad luck mafia.

None of the other players really pinged me hard so I didn't note on them. Wait.. I kinda said stuff about Zindy and DP and LML and Thesp and MGM.

I have to reread alot of this, I'm too concerned about my spanish homework atm.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:52 pm

Post by Talitha »

Tamuz wrote:I don't want explanations for everyone, just cubs. He is the one in my eyes that I don't see any real reason for you to treat him as you have. And you avoid tooth and nail explaining to me why.
If you really wanted to know, you could have just asked! Nothing personal but I am going to ignore you for a little while, because (with my limited time available to play this game) I have been distracted by your opinions about me, and not paying attention to everyone else. And with a deadline fast approaching that's not helpful.
(Will post more shortly when I am caught up.)
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:06 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Bambi took a bit more time, so I have time to squeeze in another 25 posts or more contribution, which will allow me to sleep a bit later coming Sunday. Bye all.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:40 pm

Post by Zindaras »

It would be very much appreciated if Primate and Glork would make it clear who, exactly, is posting what. It helps a lot with getting reads. You can't metagame someone when you don't know who it is.

I'd also like more people to provide input on xyzzy.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:54 pm

Post by Mgm »

DP says that there are two families.
Show me the post, because I'm quite sure he didn't.
And I point you to Mafia 61, which had one scum group of 5 people in a 23 player game.
And I can dig around and find 5 games with multiple families. The question you should be asking is which setup is more common and what kind of setup is the mod more likely to use? If, after that, you have a reason to assume the mod wouldn't include two families and they're less than common you might have a case against DP.
Skruffs, are you really advocating a name claim this early or am I misreading that?
It's posts like this that make me want to vote logicticus, but I don't want to cause a no lynch by taking my vote from jeep/BM.
Mgm wrote:
Until someone decides to do a PBPA or post count, then he's screwed.
Based on the chances of that happening, I call BS.

Lurking in any form is a non-viable strategy for this game.
Does that mean scum are unlikely to attempt it anyway?
In this game, I think it does.
Show
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:57 pm

Post by Mgm »

Skruffs rises on the list for his straight out lie about DP.
I will now start the selection of the people who I will place behind no lynch as discussed earlier.

Unvote;
Vote: Jeep,
Logicticus, xyzzy, LoudmouthLee, Skruffs, VitaminR, [Oman/IH, Thesp, Talitha, PookyTheMagicalBear, Mastermind of Sin, foolinc, Cubsfan4ever, Thestatusquo], [Adele, Dragon Phoenix, Cogito Ergo Sum, Zindaras, PlaysWithSquirrels], No lynch, Mgm
Show
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:12 pm

Post by Tamuz »

I hope for the last time.

Stop listing thestatusquo, those of you who continue putting that name are just proving yourselves to be skimmers.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:42 pm

Post by Mgm »

It proves I have other things to do than going to the front post every time someone is replaced so I can fix my vote list, but have it your way.

Unvote;
Vote: Jeep/BM
, Logicticus, xyzzy, LoudmouthLee, Skruffs, VitaminR, [Tamuz/Thestatusquo, Oman/IH, Thesp, Talitha, PookyTheMagicalBear, Dani Banani/Mastermind of Sin, foolinc, Cubsfan4ever], [Adele, Dragon Phoenix, Cogito Ergo Sum, Zindaras, Gaspar/PlaysWithSquirrels], No lynch, Mgm
Show
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:09 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

I didn’t like MgM’s opening vote of CES. It looked like an attempt to protect himself from an inevitable vote (no respectable player likes to resort to OMGUS).
Nor did I like Cubs post 60, which seemed panicky in defence of Skruffs.
Skruffs seems to be posting prolifically, and evidently seems keen to contribute. On the other hand, the speed of the BW on him, seems more like bussing than an attempted mislynch…
Also didn’t like the way DP deliberately put Skruffs at -4. Requires explanation imo.
PWS’s post 81 makes a good deal of sense.
Then Jeep joins in, as does Oman, who puts Skruffs at -2! I also disagreed with several aspects of DP’s analysis in post 115. Post 132 seems like a roundabout way of saying “Skruffs hasn’t done anything wrong, LEAVE HIM ALONE.” Lol
MgM joins DP bandwagonning Jeep.
Oh god. Post 148 is a corker. I’ve seen this stuff from Oman before. The only time you are likely to see Oman so cautious about joining a BW is when he is scum. CES meanwhile, gives me town vibes. VitR also seems to make a lot of sense at the top of page 7.
Interesting to see the numbers jumping to the aid of DP, despite the early stage of the game. Xyzzy is among these in post 156. I think Foolinc was helpful with his post early in the game, concerning potential characters. On the other hand, I felt his analysis of the players, later in the game, was less than brilliant. TSQ finally shows up, exhibiting a desire not to be replaced, yet also an inclination not to help the town.
Post 197 by Cubsfan feels WAY off to me. He reiterates that Skruffs is playing how he normally does, yet he then contrasts him with LML. Its hard to explain what I think he means, so you ought to read it for yourselves. Either way, its very scummy imo.
Skruffs ignores Cubs, which could be an attempt to distance himself from the clingy scumbuddy.
Pooky’s post 202 is very valid. I can see Cubsfan being scum, regardless of Skruffs’s role. Now the BW on Skruffs accumulates again. I think Zindaras is a bit harsh to Xyzzy on Page 11.
Jeep then BW’s Skruffs (what was he thinking?) while Skruffs makes a perfectly valid vote on DP.
Skruffs also makes a good point about not going with the flow, and standing up for what you think is right. That’s basically what won us Mafia 61, and its helped a lot in other games too. Xyzzy however, also makes some strong arguments about Skruffs’s apparent ‘sucking up’ to the more reputable players. Next page, CES goes OTT to attack Xyzzy for this, which looks a little opportunistic. 285 seems to be a totally unexplained BW vote by MgM. Hmm it seems that Jeep DIDN’T replace out for family reasons, which suggests that he just didn’t want to play anymore. I can see why that looks pretty scummy for the rest of you… :p
Post 326, Cubs claims that, whilst he isn’t sure whether LML is committing scummy behaviour, he still deserves a vote. Post 332 is very defensive, and doesn’t really offer any explanation for his play atall.
I don’t understand DP’s post 338. He attacks Skruffs for being suspicious of Jeep, and yet claims to have that same suspicion. I can understand what Skruffs is saying based on the info we have, but DP seems to be distancing.
Finally we have a wagon quickly accumulating on me. Lol

Anyone not on this list, i definitely do not want to lynch today, as so far, i cant really see any sort of case on them.

Unvote, Vote: Cubsfan
, DragonPhoenix, IH, MgM, CES, Tamuz
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:02 am

Post by Mgm »

Oh god. Post 148 is a corker. I’ve seen this stuff from Oman before. The only time you are likely to see Oman so cautious about joining a BW is when he is scum.
Can you link to one or more games to back that up?
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”