Hydra Mafia (Day 4, I can't think of a clever title!)

bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:20 am

Post by bv310 »

Found a second head replacement, and waiting on confirmation from my third.

Also, since I apparently blanked on it, a hammer has been reached. My bad, I just suck at counting apparently. :?

Final Vote Count of D1:

bv311(L-0): Crab Canon, Chimaira, FourTigers, MasterSpy, Mr Smith, IceCream, Pineapple
Bowser(L-4): bv311, TomAndJerry, Professor Paradox
Pineapple (L-6): Faranor

Not Voting: Bowser

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

After much debate, you decide that bv311 needs to be the first to die. You string him up quickly, even while the heads around you roll off and are regrown with different faces. Despite the obvious difficulties in hanging two heads at the same time, you eventually succeed. Checking his pockets afterwards, you are disappointed to discover that

bv311,
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched D1[/i]

Also, I'm going to be giving the Bowser hydra one more chance. If they continue to not contribute to this game, I will be force-replacing them entirely.

Night will last for about 3 days, or until about 11:59am (noon) on Sunday, October 31st.

[/b]
Last edited by bv310 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:29 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Removed. Nice try, though.
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:43 am

Post by bv310 »

I've received a request from one of the replacements for a little extension, so I'm going to give an extra 12-ish hours. Deadline's now set for midnight.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:39 am

Post by bv310 »

Okay, so after discovering a term paper I haven't started that's due tomorrow, I slightly forgot about this game. :?

Anyway,

As the sun rises over your fair little village of genetic freaks, you gather in the town square for another day of yelling and killing. Taking attendance though, you realize that one of your number is missing. Rushing over to FourTigers' place, you realize something's wrong. From the slightly open front door to the mutilated body strung up on the fence, you get the feeling that FourTigers won't be participating anymore.

FourTigers,
[/i]
Vanilla Townie
was killed WITH FEELING N1!

With 10 alive, it'll take 6 to lynch and 5 to no-lynch.

Deadline is tentatively set for Tuesday, November 16th at 12:00am or the nearest time that I'm awake/not in class (Tuesday's usually suck for me).

EDIT: I'm a moron on colour apparently. >.<
[/color]
Last edited by bv310 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Umm, the first thing I notice here is that "Vanilla Townie" in his flip is in red. I thought Town was green, and Mafia Red...

Mod: Is that on purpose?
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by bv310 »

Nope, just me failing on colour tags.
MasterSpy
MasterSpy
Townie
MasterSpy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by MasterSpy »

I'm afraid I have an important announcement to make.

The integrity of this game has been compromised. Faranor needs to be modkilled. Unfortunately, I have received 100% conclusive and trustworthy meta information implying that the slot is town.

....Okay, in all seriousness (note to bv310: IT WAS AN IN-JOKE THAT ONLY ONE PLAYER IN THE GAME WILL UNDERSTAND!
NO MODKILLS ARE NEEDED
!), I'm version 2.0 of the White Spy, replacing version 1.0. I've been reading the game a bit during the night and talked a bit with my other head (and have a few town reads and many more null unhelpful reads), but I'm L/A this week, so it might take a couple of days for me to get a more substantial post in. (The nice thing about being a hydra is that there's no rush for me to make a huge catch-up post immediately upon replacing in.

~The White Spy (three guesses who I am)

Don't do that to me. You nearly gave me a heart attack.

~bv
Last edited by bv310 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Professor Paradox »

Here pacman, just back from V/LA. Currently rereading the thread.
@MasterSpy: I didn't understand the joke, unfortunately :?
MasterSpy
MasterSpy
Townie
MasterSpy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by MasterSpy »

@PP: It's probably safer if I don't explain the joke.

Actually....there's something about the lynch mobs that I might want to point out today, but it depends too much on the assumption that three players are town. Hang on. I'm waiting for my other head to give me feedback on if I'm barking up the wrong tree.
TomAndJerry
TomAndJerry
Townie
TomAndJerry
Townie
Townie

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by TomAndJerry »

That was a cruel joke you played their White Spy. I was like, "Seriously? Out of game info passing?" and I was all frustrated while I read until you said that it was a joke lol

Meanie :P

~Jerry(I'm Jerry right?)
IceCream
IceCream
Townie
IceCream
Townie
Townie

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by IceCream »

I nearly flipped shits until I read that you were joking, spy -.-

In other news, Bowser is still scum, and I think that's a great place to start today

VOTE: Bowser
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by Crab Canon »

Have to talk with my other head tonight, but I personally think finding the scumz on the bv311 wagon is the best place to start, especially since the scum were dumb enough to kill a townie on it. PoE has it fairly narrowed down for me, but I need to discuss and look back through a FourTigers iso first.
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
TomAndJerry
TomAndJerry
Townie
TomAndJerry
Townie
Townie

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by TomAndJerry »

I'll be V/LA until the 4th
, however I have a bit of free time tomorrow so I should be able to get a good post or two done. After that I should be back to posting regularly on the fourth.

~Tom
Faranor
Faranor
Goon
Faranor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:18 pm

Post by Faranor »

HEY IT'S OKAY I GET THE JOKE. I don't think I need 3 guesses, but I'll use them anyway.

Vezokpiraka? Furcolow? Mina? has to be one of those.

In cool news
Vote Pineapple
Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:52 am

Post by Chimaira »

So I guess that based on a process of elimination we can probably decide that Robocopter87 should be the other head of TomAndJerry at this point. He's still posting so he wasn't in bv311 and Sotty7 seems to think that the active head of MasterSpy from yesterday was probably someone else. That only leaves TomAndJerry's second head as an option.

@Bowser, if you're still playing this game we need some input from you now. I know that you've been busy/sick or whatever but if you're here to play it's time to play.

@Crab Canon, there were probably scum on that bv311 wagon but at this point, even with FourTigers getting killed, it still comprises more than half the remaining players and it's probably safe to assume that scum were split between those on the wagon and those off it. At this point I don't think that it's a great means to separate out likely town from likely scum based on itself alone. I suppose you're welcome to take the route you want to finding scum but for now I'm more interested in overall play.

@MasterSpy, welcome to the game, new white spy head. I guess I'll ask you to keep in mind that the deadlines here move quickly so if you've got some reads it'd be great to share them with us (even if it's through your other head) sooner rather than later so that there's more time to digest what you've picked up on.

@Pineapple, your hammer post seems to be awfully concerned about how people will perceive you to me. Would you say that's a fair observation? I'm also curious how you justify the sentiment that you shouldn't have to share your thoughts on who's scummy just because your other head was asked about it (from Post 326.)

@TomAndJerry, assuming that I'm right about Robocopter87 your three posts today have consisted of two filler posts and one no time for content now post. I'd like something relevant with your next post if you don't mind.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Alt of that one guy with the face and stuff.
TomAndJerry
TomAndJerry
Townie
TomAndJerry
Townie
Townie

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:58 am

Post by TomAndJerry »

#248 (Mr Smith): The explanation he gives about IceCream outing themselves contradicts his earlier behavior regarding this topic. Good to know he doesn't care about reading the thread and answering questions.

#268 (Faranor): Were your latest posts up till now you "getting your shit together" or have you neglected to do that?

#318 (IceCream): Yeah um. Just no. You're using your partner's excuse as a get out of doing anything ticket.

#321 (Chimaira): What's the purpose of this fluff post? I'm pretty sure this isn't anything new to any of us here.

#337 (Chimaira): I'm slightly confused, are you trying to reprimand Smith for saying the first few pages of this game are important or give him a theory lesson?

#339 (Mr Smith): The line about the bv wagon is weird along with the counterwagon comment. The whole thing kinda contradicts itself.

#340: Did I mention here that Pineapple has said nothing Bowser? Yeah? Let's see here, Pineapple has explained that and his partner discuss things in their qt which in isn't bad. But, I can't believe they've neglected to mention Bowser at all considering he's one of the top candidates for scum.
+Bowser/Pineapple

#342 (IceCream): Yeah, let's stop answering for other people, k thnx. Actually why are you doing this?

#347 (Pineapple): Such as a scummy post. What's more is the catch-22 scenario you've got there isn't necessarily true IMO. Then you stretch the whole entire scenario to make it look like you're a poor defenseless victim. Then you snip in a bit of WIFOM PLUS you ignored something I directed towards you which I consider pretty important. I really dislike how you attack bv for active lurking but not Bowser.

#357 (Professor Paradox): Wait what? Did you ever announce your one game day V/LA?

Conclusion
: I smell a Bowser/Pineapple pair brewing. Pineapple neglecting the whole Bowser scenario is just freaked weird. Mr Smith and IceCream are creeping up there too, would be nice if Mr Smith could answer something for once instead of spending his time complaining about how the game is run.

Mod: Will we know by you if someone is replaced?

Gonna let me partner decide on the vote for now, I prefer a Bowser lynch > Pineapple if Bowser has not replaced out yet. But both are fine.
TomAndJerry
TomAndJerry
Townie
TomAndJerry
Townie
Townie

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:58 am

Post by TomAndJerry »

~Tom

Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Chimaira »

Pineapple Post 294 wrote:third, @ CC: why the start of the bv311 bandwagon? i agree with it in the sense that i dont like his play so far this game either, and i'm not against lynching him, but to me it seemed to come almost out of the blue and/or in response to Zorblag putting him on his shortlist.

fourth, @ FourTigers: you expressed a desire to lynch bv311 earlier, and have again mentioned that you will vote him closer to deadline. so what is preventing you from voting him/joining the bandwagon now?
This quote here looks very much like you are speaking out both sides of your mouth. First off, you question the bv wagon saying it came up out of the blue, never really commenting if he was scummy or not. Then you link the wagon to troll's post even though you didn't really believe that was the case. What was the point of asking this then?

It sounds like you were against this wagon for it's suddenness. But then you go on to ask FourTigers when they hadn't joined the supposed “questionable” bv wagon. The tone of this question feels like you are trying to pressure FourTigers into joining, why?

I don't like you sitting so firmly on the fence with this post at all.

Your next mention of bv is here, where you state willingness to hammer. Wait, what? You had only given very vague feelings surrounding the bv wagon but now you are ready to drop the hammer. Why?

I agree with Troll that your hammer post is very concerned in how people would perceive you instead of focusing on what was important; if bv was likely scum or not. However, I don't agree with your assement in that post that Crab Cannon was frocing you into a dammed if you do dammed if you don't situation. They said if bv flipped scum they were looking your way for a buddy. That seems pretty clear cut to me. You seem
way
too willing to dump the blame for your hammer right into their lap. Scummy.

You were very tentative around the bv wagon, seemingly preferring PP but making no effort to push that hydra in any way. There was no real drive to your posts as I look them over again and it looks like you were just happy to settle for a lynch. You really need to swing.

Vote: Pineapple

@TnJ: Since Troll made both those posts, I'll let him answer you.

~Sotty.
Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:50 am

Post by Chimaira »

@TomAndJerry, in a game where multiple people are asking for vote counts I think that a warning that someone is at L-1 along with a vote count should be counted as fluff. You're not just asking that because I pointed out that the first three posts you made today didn't add anything to the game are you? Because that seems like an awfully odd question to ask out of the blue.

Mr Smith made a ridiculous statement about the first couple pages of a game always being the most important in every game in response to something I said. I was pointing out why he shouldn't believe that. If you want to think it was a reprimand or a theory less I suppose you can; mostly I was responding to a comment someone made to me much like I'm doing now with you.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
TomAndJerry
TomAndJerry
Townie
TomAndJerry
Townie
Townie

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:27 am

Post by TomAndJerry »

@Chim/Troll

First point conceded. I could have sworn that way way after L-1 was reached.

On the second point I'd prefer a straight answer, which was it? It looked like me that you were dismissing the first few pages as valuable scum hunting material when I don't think that's true. Actually, how do you feel how valuable the first few pages in this game are?

~Tom
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:39 am

Post by Mr Smith »

In order of least relevant to most relevant:

Faranor: The first two don't seem likely at all given the tone of the posts, but the third sounds about right.
Tom: I'll complain about terrible modding if I want to. This has nothing to do with you, so why do you care?
Troll: Where did I say that? I don't think it's the most important thing but I've been able to successfully catch scum within the first few pages of a game (even as scum myself in one game)
Tom: 248 - Show me what it contradicts. 339 - The wagon was good, even if I felt it was less likely to hit scum than a Bowser lynch was. The lynch was actually pretty damn good too, given a2rudeboy's track record.
"Still using all the muscles except the one that matters?"
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Bowser »

I'm going to converse with my other head when he comes back from his duties. Until then, sit tight.

~CSL
It's
BOWSER TIME!
SMBMIIIS: The War on Bleck's Army
is coming to a Mini Theme queue near you! 0/6 pre-in's taken.
IceCream
IceCream
Townie
IceCream
Townie
Townie

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by IceCream »

TnJ wrote:Yeah um. Just no. You're using your partner's excuse as a get out of doing anything ticket.
Um.... what? My other head posted a case against bowser. Since we occupy the same playerslot, that is effectively the same thing as me writing a case on him.
TnJ wrote:Yeah, let's stop answering for other people, k thnx. Actually why are you doing this?
Because I understood what Crab was trying to say and someone else didn't?

---

In other news, Ice has knocked some sense into me. UNVOTE: Bowser VOTE: Pineapple

Of the things discussed in our QT, the woe-is-me style hammer post sticks out as the most overtly scummy. Had Pine not said anything like that, I probably wouldn't be voting him right now. Ironic.

~Cream
Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Chimaira »

@Mr Smith, I was reacting to (and have now been talking about as TomAndJerry is bringing it up) what you said in Post 336.
Mr Smith wrote:Nope, that is the way mafia games work. When things settle, scum do too. The first few pages are always the most important.
Do you think that I'm misrepresenting what you said there?

I'm not saying that important things can't happen in the first couple pages of the game or that scum can't be caught then. I'm saying that it's not always going to be the case that the first couple pages are where the most important action happens. In this game in particular I think that it's not the case, for example, but I think that in most games more important things happen later in the game.

@TomAndJerry, you're presenting me with a false dichotomy here. As I said in my answer I wasn't particularly trying to reprimand Mr Smith or give him a lesson about theory. I was trying to respond to a comment that he made to me. Do you think that I'm trying to reprimand you or give you a lesson in theory now? I'm not and I think it would be silly to assume that those were my only options when responding to players in games of mafia in general.

As I said to Mr Smith just now I don't think that the first couple pages of this game were particularly rich with information that's going to help us win the game. They're not worthless but they're probably being overrated by those who think that they've caught scum using just them. It's possible that we'll be able to go back and use them for connection purposes later but I think that cases based primarily on those first interactions are going to be far weaker than cases based on overall play.

@Bowser, you don't need your other heads permission to post your thoughts. No one should (though everyone should be working with their partners to process information) and we're going to hit the deadline real quick if people spend too much time at it. For you in particular we're essentially lacking any play of use since day one started so I'd much rather see what you're thinking now than see a filtered version later.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
MasterSpy
MasterSpy
Townie
MasterSpy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by MasterSpy »

Black Spy reporting in on Day 2 … hold on a minute …

Black Spy takes a live explosive and plants it in White Spy’s hat.

Well that should take care of the tom-foolery.

On to actual game items

White Spy Version 2.0 (New and Improved) are hashing out our combined thoughts in the QT right now. We’ll have some general thoughts on reads out soon. That said we will each be taking separate scum-hunting paths when necessary.

I need to read FourTiger’s ISO again before really delving into the Day. White Spy had a much more charitable read on FT than I did before today’s flip so I need to reassess where my head is add in regards to the Hydra.

I also definitely want to see what each person not on the bv311 wagon was saying in regards to it.

@Fara
– in 310 you made a pointed comment regarding me ‘not following up’ on promised content. I asked you to clarify what via quotation what I was not following up on. You never responded. Again I’d like to know the reason for your comment.
Crab Canon wrote:Have to talk with my other head tonight, but I personally think finding the scumz on the bv311 wagon is the best place to start, especially since the scum were dumb enough to kill a townie on it. PoE has it fairly narrowed down for me, but I need to discuss and look back through a FourTigers iso first.
I disagree that this is going to be the easiest route but I’m very curious about your analysis results.

More tomorrow when I have the time –

~ The Black Spy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”