Mini 934 - Troubles at Smiths&Catharts (Game Over!)

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by Ythan »

A better phrasing I think would be NS's fallout toward me.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Oh god, I wish I was a Jester this game.

I'd almost certainly win. x.x

Anyway, catching up now, expect content in about 1-2 hours depending on difficulties that crop up.
don't you feel silly now?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by Ythan »

Calling JesteRay.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Ythan wrote:Calling JesteRay.
/win

Now stop interrupting my work!

A cop's gotta investigate, you know!

did I say that out loud? :oops:
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:01 pm

Post by Zorblag »

That Nobody Special thing be most odd. Troll no be sure what to make of it but Troll must say that Ythan no was crossing any sort of bounds when him pointed out that posts were happening elsewhere but not here.

@Ythan, Troll no has any problem with TheCheshireCat's case on Troll in and of itself (that was part of what Troll was trying to say with Troll's last post.) Troll's player spot no had added anything to the game up till then and putting some pressure on that sort of perceived lurking be fine. As TheCheshireCat just has one vote to use and did ask about Sajin directly after Troll no be too troubled by the selectivity. Having said that, looking through what TheCheshireCat has done for the game in general Troll starts to find it less impressive. For one who asserts that she be scum hunting it be curious that lack of activity be the best thing that she has found.

Ah, and Cooper seems to have posted while Troll was typing this with a similar observation.

@Sotty7, Troll has some experience with SFG (we played in one game together and Troll modded another she was in.) She was town both times and ended up being under a fair amount of pressure (certainly much more than she ever came under here.) She do be somewhat schizophrenic about her self-evaluations on how she reacts to pressure but Troll no thinks that the minor pressure she was under here would be a cause for her to replace out no matter what her alignment was. The two game thing be a bit suspect as a reason to replace out but Troll would guess that she simply no was happy with the way this game was playing is a more likely reason for replacing out.

@Thor665, Troll no has any particular issue with Ythan voting and then unvoting RayFrost. The vote him had previously on InquisitorJL no was doing much of anything so the vote for RayFrost was a move that be fine (the reasons weren't impressive but day one reasons no need to be ironclad.) The move to Nobody Special be something Troll did like well enough after though Ythan not knowing where his vote was later be a bit dicey. Hmm, and later Troll sees that Ythan says that him thinks that Nobody Special is scum rather than thinking that him might be scum. That no fits that well. Perhaps Troll has more of an issue than Troll thought.

@TheCheshireCat, Post 277 was made directly after the whole ScramblesTheDeathDealer not voting for Nobody Special despite him having said Nobody Special was likely to be scum whether RayFrost flipped town or scum discussion. You no seem to have mentioned that at all despite it being one of the most interesting things that Troll has seen happen all game. That be particularly fascinating given that ScramblesTheDeathDealer was probably the player you had talked about and responded to the most previous to that. Do you have an opinion about what him did there one way or the other?

Now that Troll has read through the game and given some thought Troll supposes that Troll's top suspects among the active be ScramblesTheDeathDealer, TheCheshireCat and Ythan. Thor665 probably be getting too much credit from some for simply being active (scum in his position no would have any reason not to) but Troll no finds his behavior scummy. It feels like Cooper could likely be more of a driving force for the town should him choose to be; Troll likes much of what him has to say about the flow of the game and what we should be doing (though the manner be a bit brusque from time to time) and him does seem to be looking at interesting issues when him no be distracted by things like Ythan's play. Troll no has a strong feeling one way or another on RayFrost at this time. Nobody Special be an OK lynch right now but Troll be more inclined to wait and see what a replacement will have to say about the game.

The rest of the players do seem to be contributing less than Troll would want for a good read. For the most part Troll be happy with the content Troll has seen just not the quantity of it.

Vote: TheCheshireCat

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:50 pm

Post by RayFrost »

By the by, I'm tempting to reallign with my most ancient meta of writing walls of text.

But I'm not going to.

Now, I have to ask, do you guys wish to see the RayFrost that makes jokes interwoven with his reads or the RayFrost that makes walls of text or the RayFrost that does neither but rarely posts because the straight-to-the-point posting gives him a headache?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:50 pm

Post by RayFrost »

This is an important question to answer because it changes how I display my reads.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:12 pm

Post by Copper »

Are you stalling, RayFrost? I don't get what's so hard. You've played games before, many of them.

Why can you not give a substantial post? You don't need to ask your fellow players "how" you should play.

I agree with Zorblag's critical read of CheshireCat. So far as I can tell, Cheshire is completely coasting through the game, and her vote on Zorblag is seemingly trivial.
This account is a hydra. It is listed as male for ease of pronoun use; this has no bearing on the genders of the hydra's heads.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:29 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Copper wrote:Are you stalling, RayFrost? I don't get what's so hard. You've played games before, many of them.

Why can you not give a substantial post? You don't need to ask your fellow players "how" you should play.

I agree with Zorblag's critical read of CheshireCat. So far as I can tell, Cheshire is completely coasting through the game, and her vote on Zorblag is seemingly trivial.
And, if you bothered to read them, you'd realize I rarely played well in any of them or, if I did, I died
really freaking early

If I was truly stalling, I wouldn't be posting.

That's how I avoided content posts so far, right?
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:45 pm

Post by Copper »

Believe me, I've read them. I've played with you multiple times, and I know at least one other person using this account has played with you before as well. It has nothing to do with you "playing well". I recognize you are prone to more fluffy posts, but I'm not even seeing that here. I feel like you're just stonewalling all of us. "I'm not playing to my meta", "Don't try to read me", "You decide how I should play", "I'll post later", etc. I've seen you vote people before, and I've seen you interrogate before. I certainly would not call you a heavy poster or someone who makes wall posts, but I also know you're a capable player.

You're stalling in the sense that your last five or six posts have had nothing to do with the game or the other players in it. You're talking about Jesters, making promises to post, making posts about how you are going to post... just stop doing that. Stop delaying.
This account is a hydra. It is listed as male for ease of pronoun use; this has no bearing on the genders of the hydra's heads.
Inquisitor JL
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by Inquisitor JL »

Responding to prod - will post something of more length this evening
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:15 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Dear god, you remind me of plum. Anyway, gimme a few minutes to type up the reads I've got and be astounded... I guess.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:21 pm

Post by RayFrost »

town reads woohoo, oh yeah, boo yah, they are...

copper, pome, ythan, thor, zorblag, and inquisitor jl.

the scum reads are NS, NS' sister, and NS' pets.

Neutral is scrambles.

Jester is RayFrost

did I miss anybody?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:09 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Thor665 Post 348 wrote:@The assembled Ray wagon - I am not fond of this wagon but will admit it is mostly for a bit of a stupid reason (frankly I feel like Ray's trying to be lynched). I would like each of you to comment on what you think Ray has done that paints him as scum (or as anti-town, but then at least admit you're voting for him for being anti-town as opposed to scummy).
I know Ray as an active poster, almost but not quite as bad as Ythan. In this game he has been a non factor and he won my vote for posting twice promising content and not delivering. I want to see him actually start scum hunting ASAP.

Then I turn over to page 15 and I see nothing but Ray stalling in posting anything of content. So I pretty much agree with Cooper's posts on this page.
RayFrost Post 362 wrote:town reads woohoo, oh yeah, boo yah, they are...

copper, pome, ythan, thor, zorblag, and inquisitor jl.

the scum reads are NS, NS' sister, and NS' pets.

Neutral is scrambles.

Jester is RayFrost

did I miss anybody?
You missed a few people actually. Also this barely counts as content. What do you think about NS and his little hissy fit? What do you think about Thor's case on Ythan? What do you think about Sajin's lurking? And so on...
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:22 am

Post by Thor665 »

Zorblag wrote:and later Troll sees that Ythan says that him thinks that Nobody Special is scum rather than thinking that him might be scum. That no fits that well. Perhaps Troll has more of an issue than Troll thought.
Though Thor have no particular desire to defend him - Thor will note that this aspect is well within Ythan's usual playstyle. He generally comes across as uber confident and sure of his reads which is probably one of the reasons his earlier wishy-washy nature raised Thor's mighty hackles.
Thor665 probably be getting too much credit from some for simply being active (scum in his position no would have any reason not to)
Thor agree with this, but suspect it be more of an outgrowth of 50% of the group basically lurking which simply makes Thor look more brilliant in comparison.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:29 am

Post by Ythan »

Ray that sort of questioning is for the discussion forum.

Thor there be nothing wishy washy about Ythan's earlier voting.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:38 am

Post by Thor665 »

Ythan wrote:Thor there be nothing wishy washy about Ythan's earlier voting.
I have pointed out where I saw what I discerned as backtracking and some disclaimer language used in your votes. Feel free to go and defend the logic and methods you used, but at the time you basically went 'pffft' and waved your hand to suggest the accusations would go away. For the record, your lack of confrontation at that time struck me as odd, you're usually content to argue till you're blue in the face.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:04 am

Post by Ythan »

That's ok then.
TheCheshireCat
TheCheshireCat
Goon
TheCheshireCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:08 am

Post by TheCheshireCat »

sry guys!!! I'm gonna be
V/LA
until tomorrow afternoon!
"As you can probably tell, I'm not all there myself..."
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:13 am

Post by Ythan »

Is that really long enough to be v/la?
Inquisitor JL
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:44 am

Post by Inquisitor JL »

I haven't been able to look at this much, and I'm away over the weekend, I'll try to get something up tonight.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:25 am

Post by Thor665 »

TheCheshireCat wrote:sry guys!!! I'm gonna be
V/LA
until tomorrow afternoon!
This is the best defense to a lurking/not contributing accusation I have ever seen. Clearly all my suspicion in this regard has been blown away in a blast of townishness.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Zorblag's catchup post is good, but I don't think he mentioned everyone. Maybe he should make a scumlist.

I see that I've been asked to write a scumlist. It'is in the works, but I don't have much time now. It will either come later this afternoon, or Saturday evening after my
Weekly V/LA
, there's your reminder.

RayFrost, you're playing exactly the same way you were in that last Newbie game, don't deny it. And you were scum. Your scumlist was close to worthless- you really need to explain yourself. I am extremely pleased with where my vote is, especially in the wake of a looming deadline.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:48 am

Post by Zorblag »

@Thor665, Troll no has any trouble with stronger than reasonable reads. Troll sees town give those all the time and has no trouble believing that this be Ythan's play style. The trouble Troll has with the read in this particular case be the combination of it being strong and him forgetting who him was voting for. The confusing games bit be something to take into account but a strong read should very much cut down on that as a possibility.

Troll tends to agree that the general environment in this game does lend itself to finding play like yours even more brilliant than it be on it's own. Troll's comment about that was mostly just to acknowledge that people were attributing pro-town to activity when Troll no thinks that be a particularly pro-town thing on it's own. Troll knows that Troll personally has played most active scum games in the past when it suited Troll. It be one of those things that people think means more than Troll thinks it actually does.

@RayFrost, why on Earth would you be listing Troll in your town read category at this time? Troll has made a total of one meaningful post all game. Troll could see a neutral read if you thought it was fine. Troll could see a scum read if you no liked it (especially coupled with the general lack of presence otherwise.) Troll no sees how you should feel that your read on Troll be good enough to get pro-town from just that though.

@Pomegranate, what exactly did you have in mind in the way of a scum list from Troll? Troll's second to last paragraph was intended to give Troll's thoughts on those Troll suspected most at this time:
Zorblag wrote:Now that Troll has read through the game and given some thought Troll supposes that Troll's top suspects among the active be ScramblesTheDeathDealer, TheCheshireCat and Ythan. Thor665 probably be getting too much credit from some for simply being active (scum in his position no would have any reason not to) but Troll no finds his behavior scummy. It feels like Cooper could likely be more of a driving force for the town should him choose to be; Troll likes much of what him has to say about the flow of the game and what we should be doing (though the manner be a bit brusque from time to time) and him does seem to be looking at interesting issues when him no be distracted by things like Ythan's play. Troll no has a strong feeling one way or another on RayFrost at this time. Nobody Special be an OK lynch right now but Troll be more inclined to wait and see what a replacement will have to say about the game.
Does it just be that it no was in a list form that Pomegranate be objecting to here or was there more that Pomegranate expected?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Zorby - it's weak meta, gut feelings, and not much of logic. why use logic as anything but a prop, anyway?

I think the thor v ythan thing is more town v town than scum, as I have to agree with ythan's defense.

NS throwing a hissy fit was scummy to me, and the subsequent replacing out made it worse.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”