Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3425 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:15 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Well you have to understand that I couldn't communicate with any of my teammates for 95% of the game. Saki just posted "I finally get to use my CO power!" and never came back, so I submitted the action for him lol

N1 and last night were spent trying to kill Konowa. Yesterday night I used my strongman kill on Cheetory because he was the first to call the entire scum team and he mentionned he had some kind of protective ability.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3426 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:15 am

This would have been a completely different game if the alignments were rolled differently.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3427 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:16 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3421, Save The Dragons wrote:Thanks Nati

My target was Ffery

There was no way in hell I was going to succeed so I just wanted them to NK ffery so I could become town.

I never received a message N1, I lied about it to try and pretend it was an amnesiac cop, i was going to come out with a guilty on ffery on the day that I could only have Blue Moon vote since i figured convincing 3 people to vote for a target would be easier than convincing a whole town.

...but then there was a scum messenger and I rode that for townie points instead.

I'm not sure what I would have done today, I couldn't think up another plan, probably would have just hoped for the best.

Guess I was off about Saki and Boo :/

That was going to be a tough wincon to fulfill in this game.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3428 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:18 am

Post by Konowa »

In post 36, fferyllt wrote:So Saki, you seem pretty invested in this game.

Since you're here, ffery. In case you didn't figure it out, this post was what made me Townread you so hard.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3429 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:19 am

I don't think anyone in my position could have won this game for scum. Thanks for the game though. I picked up Advance Wars on GBA and played through it, wasn't very fun though. Maybe the other games in the series are better. Fire Emblem was much more solid.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3430 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:22 am

Post by Bookitty »

I have to thank Nati; I haven't played Advance Wars and /inned for this game based on the playerlist. Nati chose my character for me and it worked out so well.

Thank you, Nati! :)
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3431 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:23 am

Post by Konowa »

I forgot who I submitted. I think I told Nati something like all these names look cool.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3432 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:23 am

ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3433 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:23 am

Post by ika »

i think it was more of the town was just voal all over during day and the synergy and scums didn't have the manpower to break it up

litarly day 2 it was half of the town just POEing everything

it was amusing to watch the town just solve itself
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3434 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:25 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

I swear I won't scumread you this time

actually i can't promise this

but i still <3 you
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3435 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:26 am

:/
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3436 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:26 am

Post by notscience »

wait what
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3437 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:27 am

I meant bookitty

but I <3 you too ABR
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3438 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:27 am

I respect you but I wouldn't go so far as to saying we share something.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3439 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:27 am

Post by Bookitty »

<3 ABR and STD :) I did in for that game, assuming there is room.

Actually, I thought everyone in this game was delightful. Would play with again and recommend to a friend!
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3440 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:27 am

In post 3438, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I respect you but I wouldn't go so far as to saying we share something.

unrequited <3

i'll live
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3441 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:28 am

Post by notscience »

Yay we won
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3442 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:28 am

In post 3436, notscience wrote:wait what

Too many confirmed towns and all town neighborhoods who trust each other and lucky role powers and low mafia activity and stuff, y'know.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3443 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:32 am

Post by Natirasha »

So, this game.

This
fucking
game.

We were busy with the setup down to literally the last twenty minutes before I sent out role PMs. It went through a lot of changes and, honestly, could have used another full round of testing to get out all the kinks. I gave Vi, Tar and GIF something resembling an impossible challenge in actually making this setup wonderful I want to truly thank them, from the bottom of my heart--it is only through their help that it got to the state it's in.

That said, this setup was whack. Prior to the game starting, I had no preconceptions to how the game would work. I had a vague idea for the CO Power system(which, I think, more than anything else, worked, and I will likely use again in some capacity), I had the affiliation/mass neighborhoods planned, and I had one role interaction(as long as Lash and Olaf were both in the game, I intended from the start for him to be a lyncher on her), but everything else was built spur-of-the-moment. It shows. The town had a lot(a LOT) of power, but the scum equally had very strong ways to circumvent it--permanent ninjas, unroleblockability, SUPER STRONGMEN+vig at a low cost, the lightning rod(which backfired here, but functioned pretty much as another strongman kill), roleblocks, up until shortly before the game started, Hawke's COP was a Paranoid Gun Owner, too.

I want to say a word as to the pick order: I distinctly skewed it towards the non-Days of Ruin COs(I apologize to Konowa and Brian Skies, in particular, that I had to stretch hard to get), because I prefer that source material and wanted to consolidate the DoR characters to one neighborhood. Thanks to Bookitty, too, who said 'put me wherever', which let me fill the YC neighborhood.

Anyways, the biggest problem with the setup was Konowa's role. In an earlier iteration, the star system didn't gain stars passively--it gained them by people targeting each other with night actions(that setup also had every player have a targeted ability)--so it made sense to have at 2-stars. When the system changed, this one 'fell through the cracks' as it were.

I think the game would have changed dramatically with a different scumteam--due to the way the game mechanics worked, it rewarded players who took initiative. SSK, Saki, Desperado are all very passive players so to speak, and ABR, while good at what he does, has tendencies to get distracted at times so to speak. I instinctual knew this game was going to be a town win from the beginning. But, the RNG dictated it and so...

While the CO Power system worked out great and I would love to use it in another context, the neighborhoods are a mess. I -like- closed-group mechanics quite a bit, but, in large numbers, they lose an amount of focus and end up being a detriment. I did some interesting things with them this game--the mason's private talk wasn't closed to them being the best implementation. I think, though, the general number of high-number neighborhoods in recent past has kinda pissed everyone off with the concept and I promise I won't run another one of these for a good while.

As to my moderation, I want to apologize--I have been experiencing some serious mafia burnout lately and it kinda proxied over into how I went about this game. The lack of vote counts, slow response time, and generally does-not-give-a-fuck attitude all came out of that. I am going to take a break from moderating for a while to recharge my creative batteries and give better content to my games, because the behavior I displayed here was disrespectful to my players.

THAT BEING SAID, some of the behavior displayed by players this game was also highly disrespectful. I don't believe in taking a heavy hand to rules, I don't like rules lawyering. Cryptology is a very shady ground as it were, because I want to allow for some measure of conspiracy-making in my games and things like making closed-references to previous games that only certain players would understand should be fine(heavens know I do this in games a lot). However, a few players abused that hospitality this game and tried to do things that, to me, violated the spirit of the game, then publically aired their concerns in-thread. It is only through the better graces of
some
of my review staff that I didn't outright modkill or force replace orcinus after his post, in particular. I understand if people are dissatified with my moderation, but leave it in private(or go rant to someone outside the game!) til after the game has ended--seriously, it's just disrespectful and completely not helpful during the game.

I do not fault ABR for conceding, so that's fine. I'm honestly glad, because the gambit pile up that was about to happen would have been rather tiresome to weed through.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3444 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:35 am

Post by Natirasha »

My next game will most likely be Arcadia II: Dusk, which is an original-flavor sequel to my micro game of the same title. I am going to take a break until after the holidays, though, before beginning that game. With any luck, I will have the same
compadre
of review staff and I hope people will be ready when it starts!

Until next time, thanks for playing! All night actions and star totals will be found in the death thread, which will be edited here shortly.
Dead Thread
Orange Star
Blue Moon
Yellow Comet
Green Earth
Black Hole 1
Black Hole 2
Bolt Guard
Offworld
Neo Black Hole
Last edited by Natirasha on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3445 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:36 am

Post by notscience »

Nati I loved my role
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3446 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:39 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Thank god for my Mason roll. I probably would have cried without it.

Sorry for my abrasive attitude earlier. I was just being smug about not getting mislynched this game.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3447 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:40 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3443, Natirasha wrote:I distinctly skewed it towards the non-Days of Ruin COs(I apologize to Konowa and Brian Skies, in particular, that I had to stretch hard to get)

Also, I absolutely loved my character PM. I don't really know much about Advance Wars, I just thought the characters I picked would be fun to play.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3448 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:41 am

Post by Cephrir »

I support this product and or service!
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3449 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:43 am

Post by Natirasha »

In post 3445, notscience wrote:Nati I loved my role

Your role actually came about because I had no good ideas for Penny. But, I knew I needed a sample role PM due to the very specific structure in this game, so when i came across that I was like holy shit that's perfect. Your COP was distinctly made impossible to accomplish because we figured your role was already so powerful as an easily-confirmable friendly neighbor.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”