Mini 1699 - #swag wars: THE empire strikes back (swaggedout)

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3350 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:13 pm

Post by fferyllt »

That there is no scumteam you/pieguy.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3351 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:16 pm

Post by notscience »

I think that's likely because we're both town.

lol.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3352 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by notscience »

When did that become a thought? I remember going into that day yo usaid it was us or them.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3353 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:03 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3352, notscience wrote:When did that become a thought? I remember going into that day yo usaid it was us or them.

Some time during my rereads and isos. I started day 4 thinking it was remotely possible you and pieguy have pulled one over, and maybe more likely than wicked or RC with either of you. I wasn't quite able to rule it out as a possibility, but it became very low likelihood.

Now it's effectively ruled out unless you'd choose to slow-roll for some bizarre and incomprehensible reason. All the rereading, looking for reasons to be wrong in my reads, I can sometimes contemplate one of wicked or RC not being scum, but it's not an idea that has much traction or sticking power. I keep coming back to the same place.

Town Rolecop, JK, 2-shot vig, {miller}

vs, goon, ??, ??, and one of the question marks would have to suggest a cop for a right off the bat miller fake claim to make sense.

I don't know if it even makes sense to keep going over this now.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3354 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:08 pm

Post by fferyllt »

And then there are today's posts.

You seem more interested in proving who you're not scum with than anything else. And maybe that makes sense. Stances are pretty calcified. Except RC's vote today.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3355 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Setup spec is why I keep coming back to lynchng wicked first.

Idic
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3356 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:28 pm

Post by notscience »

I fully intended to impulse vote RC, but that sprinkling of paranoia held me back.

My intention coming into today was "I am the universal townread, if I vote someone they are fucked" but then I realized I'd feel really shitty if I voted wrong and that made me too nervous.

Had you kept your theory of a me/pie or wicked/rc team I planned to vote wicked because of the almost assured scumflip, and then RC has to pick between us 3 to kill and it's a near impossible situation.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3357 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:36 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Y'all act like we haven't went through this a million times yesterday. Do I really need to keep pretending like this is a decision I'm going back and forth on? It's mostly confirmed that ns/pie, ns/ffrey, ffrey/pie aren't scum together. Is there any rational reason why we shouldn't lynch Wicked today???
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3358 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:13 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 3357, RedCoyote wrote:Do I really need to keep pretending like this is a decision I'm going back and forth on? It's mostly confirmed that ns/pie, ns/ffrey, ffrey/pie aren't scum together.

RC, we cannot both be town because the game is still going. If you were
actually
town, then you would realize that... :roll:
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3359 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:19 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 3358, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 3357, RedCoyote wrote:Do I really need to keep pretending like this is a decision I'm going back and forth on? It's mostly confirmed that ns/pie, ns/ffrey, ffrey/pie aren't scum together.

RC, we cannot both be town because the game is still going. If you were
actually
town, then you would realize that... :roll:

Thanks for that, Wicked. I was starting to think I might be scum.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3360 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:21 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

It's almost certainly RC/Pie right now. I think Pie's waiting for Ffery to put me at L-1.

Ffery/NS, please don't mess this up. Vote RC and then, tomorrow, I can try to convince you that I'm not his partner.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3361 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:23 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 3357, RedCoyote wrote:
1:
Do I really need to keep pretending like this is a decision I'm going back and forth on?
2:
It's mostly confirmed that ns/pie, ns/ffrey, ffrey/pie aren't scum together.

1: Nobody would expect you to back-and-forth when it's already confirmed that one of us is scum.
2: It's absolutely confirmed that ns/pie, ns/ffery, ffery/pie aren't scum together.
-Wickedestjr
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3362 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:29 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Let's cut to the chase, okay? Let's not pussyfoot around. I'm not going to sit here kicking rocks while ns and pie make 50 posts talking with one another about how much they want to lynch me. Then one of them votes me, then the other, then scum hammers and the game is over. No, I'm going to at least make things interesting. I'm going to force you to be put on the spot, Wicked, and I'm going to force you four to have to deal with that. I know you'd much rather me just silently accept my inevitable lynch, but that just ain't going to happen.

And don't give me that absolutist crap. Nothing is ever confirmed until the mod says it is and you know it. That said, the point is moot. No need for you to try and score points off of it.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3363 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:41 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

That post makes me believe you didn't realize it was 1 v 1. The post implies that you're unaware and, IIRC, you never acknowledged the fact that the current scenario has confirmed us as not 'both town'.

In post 3362, RedCoyote wrote:Let's cut to the chase, okay? Let's not pussyfoot around. I'm not going to sit here kicking rocks while ns and pie make 50 posts talking with one another about how much they want to lynch me. Then one of them votes me, then the other, then scum hammers and the game is over. No, I'm going to at least make things interesting. I'm going to force you to be put on the spot, Wicked, and I'm going to force you four to have to deal with that. I know you'd much rather me just silently accept my inevitable lynch, but that just ain't going to happen.

IIRC, you were voting for Pie at the end of yesterday, so it doesn't make sense for you to vote someone else and then be impatient like this - you changed your mind so obviously the extra time has been important. You put me in a spot where I had no option but to vote you, hardly put me on the spot.

RC wrote:And don't give me that absolutist crap. Nothing is ever confirmed until the mod says it is and you know it. That said, the point is moot. No need for you to try and score points off of it.

:roll:
Sure it's not 100% confirmed, but I am 99.5% certain that Ffery/NS/Pie are not the kind of people to screw with us like this if we're both town. It's ridiculous that you're even making this argument.
-Wickedestjr
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3364 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:45 am

Post by RedCoyote »

And another thing, I want to force ns/pie to acknowledge that vote. They've both been sitting there talking about how obvious Wicked and I are a scumteam. I want to force them to call me out as bussing with the first vote of D5. If they're going to keep up their crap, I'm going to shove it down their throats.

Wicked 3363 wrote:It's ridiculous that you're even making this argument.

I already said the point was moot.

I'm justifying my vote. ffrey likes to whine a lot about my tactics. I think she thinks I'm acting too rashly, but I'm fully cognizant of what I'm doing.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3365 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:31 am

Post by fferyllt »

Why did you decide to vote wicked rather than pieguy?

Idic
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3366 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:52 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Because I foresaw me and Wicked voting pie (pie/ns: omg look how obvious they are scum together, they are even voting together) and ns and pie voting me. Depending on which one happened first, and considering the fact that I do not think ns/pie are scum together, the final scum would find an opportunity to pivot their vote to me and the game would be over.

I'm hoping that with a preemptive Wicked vote, I'll force ns/pie to consider their vote more carefully at the very least. Worst case scenario, they still do what they said they were going to do (and I can find numerous examples of both of them threatening to vote me today and yesterday), and we'll still lose. But at least I'll have done something to try and keep the game going. Whereas had I voted pie out of the gate (or waited for someone else to make a move first), I'm effectively forcing pie to vote me and giving myself, I think, a smaller chance at staying alive today. Does that make sense?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3367 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:58 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Like, to put it another way, I'm going to force ns/pie to practice what they preach. They both said they had strong scumreads on Wicked, ffrey. Let them follow through with that.

The fact that they didn't both vote him together in unison tells me that I am right in my suspicion that they're not both scum. I am also right in that I do not think you are scum with either of them.

Because I made the initial move, I have now put Wicked on the spot (as opposed to just waiting for myself to be put on the spot). It becomes exceedingly difficult to come up with a practical reason that he should not be the lynch today, unless, from your pov, you think I am scum with ns or pie.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3368 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:59 am

Post by fferyllt »

It looked like you inteneded to do just that (vote pie) at the start of the day.

In post 3323, RedCoyote wrote:I see my hand as forced to side with Wicked today whether I want to or not insomuch as the votes appear to be shaking out as ns and pie teaming up against me, just as they teamed up to vote Nacho. This leaves me with little choice where to place my vote. I essentially have to vote either ns or pie. There's no other option for me.

It's funny that I was so critical of ffrey for not choosing between Oversoul and Nacho earlier when she didn't have to but could've. It appears she'll no longer have the luxury of procrastinating.

Let me put it this way, if I was in ffrey's spot, I'd vote me. Then again, I think she's a better town player than I am :!:

In post 3324, RedCoyote wrote:I do wish there was a way we could cast our votes without fear of a quickhammer from someone, however. I foresee an anti-climatic ending to this game today. I'm not sure how we get around that.

In post 3326, RedCoyote wrote:
In post 3325, fferyllt wrote:I can't really wrap my head around 3323. this is lylo. If you're town then fuck the voting bloc. Figure out your strongest pick for scum.

:roll:

VOTE: Wicked

Idic
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3369 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:03 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I did. But after consideration, I thought this was a better move.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3370 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:03 am

Post by RedCoyote »

You're thinking a lot about my motivations, aren't you, ffrey?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3371 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:07 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm being extremely emotional this game. I have been since the start.

In a way, I'm glad we're not talking about meta any longer, but it seems like we only stopped talking about it after I went to great lengths to explain how this fits with my town meta. ns in particular ran away from that track shortly thereafter.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3372 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:07 am

Post by fferyllt »

So you made post 3323 and 3324, a half hour later I posted, and then a half hour after that you voted.

Idic
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3373 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:12 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Another reason I wanted to vote early and have been rather sullen beyond just having bad reads... I don't want to lose and I don't want ffrey to have to lose. Okay, yeah, no one ever wants to lose. Big whoop. What I mean by that is, I don't want to keep putting my heart out there in ways I know that even I can't fake convincingly only to end up coming short. That's so heartbreaking. Like... it makes it more painful, you know?

Oh, why are you so depressed you should stop playing the victim-card, the hypothetical person may say cynically tell me. Well, the reason I do that is because, while I can't say this with certainty, I am pretty sure, if I were in ffrey's shoes, I'd lynch me. I really do think I would. So, I think, on some subconsious level, I almost want to make it easier for her to do this? If that makes sense at all. implosion was so on the money. All game he was consistently on point with where my head was. It's only fitting that, second to Nacho (that scum devil), he probably has the most ingame experience with me.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3374 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:14 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 3372, fferyllt wrote:So you made post 3323 and 3324, a half hour later I posted, and then a half hour after that you voted.

ffrey, this sounds like you're looking for a interpretation to support your conclusion rather than you're looking for a conclusion based on your interpretation.

If you want to talk to me, you should talk to me. If you want to vote me, you should vote me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”