Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3275 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

NOTE: The color tags seen here were done by hand via Microsoft Excel. When I grew the brains to find a color-tag generator, I used that for all in-game text.

Have you got any link to said generator?
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3276 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Oh, I remember someone asking...

Iris flavor had to do with her speed. Not only does she visit people to send them a message, she is also known to NEVER be involved in actual fighting. She just acts as a go-between.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #3277 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by Andrius »

danakillsu wrote:
Charon wrote:GAME IS OVER.
Thanks to all for playing. Role PMs, Night Actions, will be first to enter the fray, but the first thing I'm going to say is this:

NACHO/AGAR, I APOLOGIZE. I FUCKED UP YOUR SUPERPOWER. I typed it up incorrectly in the Role PM, so it wasn't half as cool as it was supposed to be. Instead of just serving as a Neighborize/Doc protection on SD, you should have:
1) Removed him from the game thread entirely, rendering him unable to post there, also having no vote
2) Roleblocking him entirely, minus SUPERS
3) Prevent him from posting in other QTs
4) But yeah also protecting him while he's there
5) Neighborizing him into the Underworld
So yeah it would have done alot more but my notes were incorrect and yeah.

>_>
<___<
>______________________>

Mae culpa, mae culpa, mae maxima culpa.

*Raises hand*
You're welcome, you're welcome.
Wait...
:evil:

Thank you to the reviewers, btw. I helped out a little with the setup, but not nearly as much as they did.

I WASNT DONE YET.
I WAS GETTING TO YOU AND EVERYONE.

I wanted to reread the whole game and actually comentate on things that happened and stuff.

dana, you were awesome. Namely for helping make some tough calls (the whole "oops I fucked up Nacho's role can i change this without fucking anything up or no?") and doing night actions because God knows I forgot all about AGM and Dekes' SUPERS entirely. It was great to have someone to come in and take over for me during nights, especially after long days. I apologize for not sending you all the QTs throughout the games- there were just SO MANY OF THEM I lost count (and track of a couple, i admit) and didn't want to plague you with them all.
And thank you for working towards a Cupid-free game. Because his planned SUPER would have been crazy on top of Iece and Gemini's. >_>

More later I have to do some reading and whatnot.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3278 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Giving others double votes...

Guess the power was okay, but I play a better scum game than I do a town game, and my reads don't tend to be all too accurate, at least before a scumflip or two. :'(
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #3279 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by Andrius »

Chronopie wrote:Giving others double votes...

Guess the power was okay, but I play a better scum game than I do a town game, and my reads don't tend to be all too accurate, at least before a scumflip or two. :'(

Your best play I've ever seen was as Solid Snake in SSBMafia. That was awe-inspiring.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3280 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:18 pm

Post by Chronopie »

An SK is still scum.

SSBMafia is still my favourite game onsite.

Followed by Kise's SE IV. Sure I was part of a mafia team in name, but I was solo for 90% of the game.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #3281 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by Andrius »

ooba - Played solidly the whole game. Alot of speculation and while the Ecstasy-speculation was entertaining for me it didn't really get anywhere. You pulled alot of mod-meta down upon me and there was alot of work that went into your posting- especially the N6 action. You and Magna wrote me essays on why the other had to be scum. I *might* create a role based on something you said, so all I'll say now is all the setup speculation went miles. Glad I dragged you out of retirement to play.

Iecerint - Great play. Nailed AV D1, solidified the read via his SUPER, and then stayed strong shooting Dekes and going through the game with the "HEY GUYS I KILLED TWO SCUM AM I TOWN NOW?" deal. Well done. Had you investigated yourself I would have given you Cthulhu.

AGM - Read on LC was strong and your night-play was solid. Though you and chess needed to push LC more if you thought he was scum. The gambit SUPER claim was well done and I *almost* PM'd you going "you know that isn't your acutal SUPER, yes?" and then realized what you were doing. :oops: And BTW, yes, the Jesus result was just for you. :P

quadz - See, I don't actually remember what you did to be almost lynched D2. I was disappointed that your role didn't really come to fruition (see what i did there?) but you played well as a stump and didn't take it personally when I forgot to send you "thread is open" or forgot you were still here. <3

Axelrod - Truly the kingpin of Olympus. I'm grateful because he kept posting after death in the post-death QT and keeping the drive for the game going is so hard to do at times. I don't remmeber much of your actual play save SB thought you were scummy as hell. But I'm glad you stuck around and I hope you liked the role despite never actually doing anything. (And yes, the only exception to your SUPER was Hera. Even AV's SUPER couldn't kill you.)

Baby Spice - Your potential was somewhat squished by gandalf's early hammer but you had a nice comeback slated out with the big town-read from everyone. :/

Snow_Bunny - Very sad you didn't get to stick around; you had some nice leads and work done earlygame that helped- but tunneling diddin didn't. :/

Plum - Yeah, you were OP- namely the SUPER. With your postcount not in the double-digits you played strong enough for the scumkill. Nice work there. :P

diddin - Had you gotten lynched D1 there would have been words. And yeah, there was a time when your role was a Hider and Thanatos was the vig. Overall, don't shoot S_B.

AV - Love you bro, but your V/LA just killed you, sad to say. That's pretty much what did you in. :( And I really really liked the picture I found for you.

Conspiracy - Not much for you, since you were a replacement. But why did you choose to SUPER who you did over your scumbuddies?

Dekes - Man, I loved the mason claim. You played the strongest out of the scum but you did lurk at all the wrong moments.

gandalf - There was a reason we gave you Eris; because we knew you'd live up to the name. Very happy that you used all of your powers enough before you died. I don't remember why exactly they lynched you but its tough being a town Redirector. I love the role though and you did it justice.

Chronopie - Very cautious with your role which was good because it was very swingy. Solid play from you too, but still lurky as ever. <3

Gemini - <3 both of you to pieces, the Femme QT was the best of times. I loved your roleplay to pieces and your SUPER claim was just the towncred you needed. But I think what did you in was that once you reveal yourself to the town like that they expect a higher level of openness; so after you claim they expect nightly actions from you, as a claimed investigative role, and that's what did you in. The SUPER was designed around the potential for a one-way Masonry- if you recruited a female Greek you'd have a one-way masonry that would have definitely strengthened your towncred amazingly. Beautiful work from both of you, and it was a pleasure talking with you guys all the time.

chesskid - You surpassed my expectations, and am once again acknowledging your good reads. Why on earth didn't you push LC more- since you scum-read him from DAY ONE?

Nacho - <3 YOU BRO. Sorry about fucking up your SUPER, but I think you did well once you got here since you were forced to claim and all. Hope you enjoyed the role as much as I did the first time 'round.

Shadow Dancer - You made an excellent recovery from the almost-getting-lynched incident on D1. You handled your SUPER in a way that reminded me of Percy handling Eavesdropper in DEFCON- you purely owned the role and made it your own.

MagnaofIllusion - Thanks for bearing with us- your role was complicated and I had to explain it to myself a couple times each night- there was a point (N6 IIRC) where I actually had to map out your actions to make sure you weren't breaking any rules. Very happy with your play from your Hated claim D1 to your lynch. BUT YOU RUINED THE FLAVOR I WROTE FOR A LC_WIN BECAUSE I HAD TO THINK OF FLAVOR FOR BOTH POSSIBLE ENDINGS AND YOU RUINED MY AWESOME FLAVOR. </3

LordChronos - You, sir, are a trooper. Holding your own for 5 gamedays after your last buddy died. I don't know how you did it, but it was inspiring work. Hope you enjoyed the role, and the two stages of death mechanic was only for your role, actually. Hope you had fun.

I did try to incorporate alot of the original GM game into this one, with recurring powers and SUPERS.

Iece's Day-Skip became gandalf's INSTA-DAY-END power. SD's Night-Skip became HELLFIRE. AGM_Ares was still Ares, and the unstoppable kill was a fakeclaim for AV_Athena. ooba_Redirector became Eris_Redirector. FlavaFlave's SUPER became Iris's SUPER. Hades, well, stayed the same because he rocks. Persephone made a comeback as a more powerful role. (Come back Jack!!!) When Iece killed Dekes the flavor mentioned Jack so I alluded to that as well.

And dana deserves alot of praise too for making sure I wasn't on moonbeams and was able to cover for me when I needed it/wanted to get away. lol
Thanks to Faraday and DeathNote for reviewing and throwing out stupid ideas like a Roleblocking-Rolecop for the scum and a full Janitor. :P

And finally, thanks to Toast who oftentimes had to wake me up to post a modscene (like today).

JUST KIDDING THE REAL FINALLY:

So, as I told a few people, there is a game in the works that is best described as a sequel to this one. It would pull from many different Pantheons from History, Jesus, and some other characters I won't mention here because they're supposed to be a surprise. I'm working out the mechanics and the role possibilities now, but it MAY be a uPick God/Goddess deal. I'm not sure because there are some roles I WANT to be in the game and some I NEED to be in the game and I have to make sure some of them are there. We'll see as time goes on. Encore: Moderators is next on my Large Theme to-do list, but after that expect this game to take shape. It WILL be Gods/Goddesses but I'm not sure about the uPick or not. We'll see.

As for the mini I'm supposed to be working on I'm throwing something together right now because I don't really want to run a mechanic-heavy game right now. We'll see. The Upcoming Games thread will be the first to know what happens on both fronts.

Also, as for roles and powers and whatnot, I'd like to hear from you guys as to what you loved, hated, thought was cool, hated even more, etc. Because I really liked the idea of Cupid as a Lover-maker but the reviewers were like "LOLNO SON" so that didn't happen. Basically, give me feedback on anything. lol

I know there's something else I wanted to do, but I don't remember what it is FFFFF-

Anyway you all were an awesome group to watch play and I'm glad I got most of the original GM players to come back in some form or another. <3

-Andy, Hades I
mockingjaye
mockingjaye
Goon
mockingjaye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3282 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by mockingjaye »

<3 you too, Andy! This game was awesome, even though we lost.

And I SO want to be /in for the next one! (Can we pre-in yet?!?)
may the odds be ever in your favor...
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3283 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Apart from not really
feeling
my role, I had no problems with balance in general.

I felt the D1 hider-execution was a poor choice, and I still don't know why I was killed when I was. :/

<3 you Andy. Soooo /in for the sequel.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #3284 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by Andrius »

Chronopie wrote:Apart from not really
feeling
my role, I had no problems with balance in general.

I felt the D1 hider-execution was a poor choice, and I still don't know why I was killed when I was. :/

<3 you Andy. Soooo /in for the sequel.

I think it was ooba that said you'd be the perfect role for a second scumteam. Because a scum doublevoter in a LyLo situation would be very powerful.
I don't know why either, but that's something I thought of.
Also, doublevotes are pesky. :P
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3285 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by DeathNote »

*Enters Thread*

Taking credit for inspiring and reviewing this awesome game.

*Bows*
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #3286 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by Andrius »

DeathNote wrote:*Enters Thread*

Taking credit for inspiring and reviewing this awesome game.

*Bows*

[LOTR]"You bow to no one."[/LOTR]
*bows*
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #3287 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by Andrius »

For curiosity's sake, if there were counters from the first game:

AGM hammered Nacho, collecting Hades' counter.
LordChronos hammered Gemini, who killed Axelrod, collecting Zeus' counter.
LordChronos killed Shadow Dancer, collecting Poseidon's counter.
Iecerint hammered LordChronos collecting both Zeus and Poseidon's counters. :P

Just figured it'd be interesting to see.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3288 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Haha dork...

Never use same theme with the same mechanic... :P
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3289 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by LordChronos »

Also totally up for the sequel!

I really liked your modding, Andrius. Nice job.
I'm a talking computer.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3290 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:03 pm

Post by ooba »

On Setup

I think the setup was weak on the scum side. Not in terms of numbers - but in terms of power.
- Personally would have just added this to LC's role for both Whisper and commune: "Whisper: Each night you may attempt to Whisper to a dead player. If successful, you will be able to talk to the target dead player in a quicktopic for the following day and night. If that person mentions his normal power name in the QT (like "Protect") - you gain access to and can use that normal power as long as the QT is active."
Basically a scum role which tries to get town to confide in them after they are dead.

Or a Mafia traitor. (Scum team knows there is a traitor but not who. Traitor does not know the scum team but has methods of finding out). Hep as the traitor made the most thematic sense. Would have gone this way over Hades - conditionally aligned with town.

It was good that Plum died N1 - cause she was overpowered. (Iece claims a investigate on LC D2 - Plum regenerates Iece - one more investigate plus two near-confirmed town in Iece\Plum)

I think Hera as SK was awesome for the setup. Also played well.

Overall I a great setup leaning on town favor but we were helped out by some things.
- Agar banking on scum killing SD & confirming SD just to get a "Confirmed town" status was just bad play.
- Quadz choosing Hellfire N1
- Except for Dekes, I think all other scum were obvious.

Other stuff

@Gandalf
- Your logic never made sense. You thought LC was scum because you redirected him to Axel and Axel died. (In fact, Gemini killed Axel and LC was blocked).

@In my defense for setup spec\scumhunting (since I got some flak for it in the dead QT)
- Also, I love setup spec and going along with it. It's enjoyable for me.
- You lose nothing by trying to think about things. Worst case scenario - I waste a bunch of time. For example, Iece's results were random but we lost nothing by that spec.
- Doesn't really detract from actual scumhunting cause I always defer to actual reads over my setup ones when it comes to putting down a vote (Otherwise I would have voted AGM because Strongman made sense as the last scum & town seemed overpowered at LyLo)
- And I think I was more on the ball in terms of scumhunting this game than any other townie
-- D1:
ooba wrote:I'm moving on - BS is town - this also puts gandalf and quadz into the I don't think they're a good lynch category .. (gandalf moves back to the must-be-stupic-town category since the BS links were the strongest thing I had on him. I don't see quadz scum doing "Lets policy lynch VI BS" - unless he was scum with her)

Town:
1. Baby Spice
4. AGar
5. Shadow Dancer
7. Iecerint
8. ooba CryMeARiver

11. Gemini (mockingjaye + Katy hydra)
13. MagnaofIllusion
14. Axelrod
19. diddin
20. chesskid3

15. gandalf5166
16. quadz08

Null\Scum reads:
2. Chronopie
10. Plum

17. mothrax
18. LordChronos

12. RangeroftheNorth

3. AurorousVox

6. Snow_Bunny

9. Dekes

AV-Dekes links

"Dekes, Diddin and BS are scummy. Diddin and BS are the worst most recently, with Diddin scummiest out of all three." -> Vox why didn't you vote Dekes instead of diddin at the end then?

"Willing to revote Diddin, but Iec's posting has been really scummy in the last few pages so.
Also would be willing to see BS lynched. A rainbow coloured PM doesn't make up for her scummy play." -> No mention of Dekes (your scummiest suspect in your catch up post?)

AV-SB links:

The lol discussion on the mod-vote.

Dekes-SB links:

(Minor) Dekes promising to look into SB ISO but never doing so ..

Any of the three is a reasonable lynch for today - I think a Dekes wagon would get the maximum traction.
Unvote. Vote: Dekes

- Only mistakes were the Quadz lynch, thinking it was two-scum teams & thinking Nacho was scum (and AGM by extension) for Seduce x 2
- Positives: Catching the SK, Calling LC the last egyptian scum on D3. I called BS-town, Gandalf-town, chess-town.

@Andrius - Glad I came out of retirement for this :)
Would love to play both Encore: Mod and Upick: God/Goddess. You could do a survey sort of thing for that too - since you have some roles you definitely need to put in. I already have a choice in mind and it's not Hermes ;)
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #3291 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:29 pm

Post by Andrius »

I feel like, if the scumteam was given a Strongman/Ninja type role, that would have helped out some. If LC could have shot through a RB/Doc protect his problems would have been largely solved. (And I say LC because his role was the one with which we considered adding a modified like that.) Hell, in the first iteration of the setup (which I might post later on) he was a full-blown Janitor but we scrapped that because of confirmability reasons and the fact he didn't
have
a power.
Though your suggestion would have worked just as well, and would have matched Nacho's power re: dead people. :D
Hmmm, a Strongman that shot through Roleblocks/Redirects/Jailkeeps would have worked wonders.

predit: OH WAIT I REMEMBER WHY; I initially had Nike in the game as a role (replaced by Eris) whose Normal was to made someone's action Un-Roleblockable. Reviewers nix'd that too, which was fine because Eris rocked IMO.

Its funny you should mention Mafia Traitor, because we considered one and Thor came up, (and would have worked given the first GM Thor claim :P). But Faraday thought 5 scum was too powerful, and the Traitor would have action-confirmability issues as well. So yes, I think that it would have been a good idea.
ACTUALLY, right when you signed up as the first member of the replacement list I PM'd Faraday and was basically like "CAN WE ADD A 21st PLAYER WITHOUT RUINING IT?" because of you. And I suggested Thor again. :oops: But he said something about changing the setup after Kinetic approved it in the old form so we went yeah ok no.

FOUND IT:
Spoiler:
Andrius:
NOOOOOOO OOBAAAAAAAA
WE ARE NOW ADDING A 21ST PLAYER.
>_>
<___<
>_______>

Faraday:
kinetic may not allow it...idk..although might not notice.

Andrius:
I'm entertaining the thought.
Not 100% srs, just wondering how easy/hard it'd be.
Probably female; given that Hera is one of the 10 currently. Or male. Make her life a bit harder.
Thor would be an easy shoe-in. Miller-ish, to be sure. lol
I'd talk to Kinetic before i do anything.
I'm just entertaining teh thought right now; don't want to do anything rash; thats' not how I work best.

Faraday:
A weakish town role wouldn't affect things too much, I'd guess. You'd be okay. Depends on what obv.

Andrius:
True.
Meh.
This definitely won't be decided today; can't rush into anything.
Thing is though, there's not much we CAN give town that isn't there yet. Unless its something like a Fruit Vendor, which would work well with a miller.
Or a Sledgehammer... that might work. But then there's the whole NK-immunity thing... FFF (Sledgehammer is stolen from someone; if that person hammers that day's lynch they're immune to NK's for the next night).
It could work. :/

hatesagi:
Why is another role needed?
I dont like the idea of having to add another role since it took so long to balance.

Andrius:
I was toying with adding another one because ooba missed it.
But yeah, after giving it some time and thought, it'd probably be better if we kept it as-is.
And there'll probably be at least one replacement, so. :/
Besides, Thor'd be a funny-as-hell fakeclaim from the scum. :P
Unless they think the Norse are a smaller scumteam...

ooba wrote:It was good that Plum died N1 - cause she was overpowered. (Iece claims a investigate on LC D2 - Plum regenerates Iece - one more investigate plus two near-confirmed town in Iece\Plum)

You make a good argument- I originally had someone (Iris?) as the SUPER-Revivor, but canned that because Iece claims an investigation, is motivated, dies, and comes back to life as confirmed town with 2 results. So I decided that it was the revivor who had to go when really the OP factor was, like you said, Persephone.

Re: Hera as SK
I considered (not sure if it ever made it into the 1st Draft or not) having Zeus and Hera as competing SKs with mutuall exclusive WinCons (Zeus winning when only men were left, Hera when only females were left), but there's no "castration" flavor for women and Zeus actually

Iece wasn't random- though the role initially called for random results. We had results like "drshotty, God of Duck" but canned that LAST MINUTE (I mean the last minute) for Paranoid.

A survey for uPick Gods? Hadn't considered that to be honest. :/ Because there are some characters like Light Yagami/Kira that would work well as "False Gods" or something to that extent, but no one [?] would think of that besides me.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3292 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:39 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Have the surveys been discussed? Not yet, right?
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3293 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:42 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

@ooba: Yes, but just like when you fake a daycop, the faulty info isn't what condemns them, it's their reaction to it.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3294 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:52 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

ooba:
I was really happy when he finally managed to replace in. To be honest the main reason why he ended up jailkept by me so often is that he perfectly fitted my JK "prey pattern" - some one I did not want to roam free as scum and not to lose to a kill as townie.
Discussing with ooba is always fun. Just one point: Please don't do brute force searches and take every result google presents to you as possibly real and relevant in the game...

Iecerint:
He made the most of his role. I was jokingly telling Andi how hillarious it would be if he turned out to be scum, making up all those results... Good play... Too bad we weren't masons this time.

AGM:
A bit too lurky. A lot too lurky, in fact. And some of his night choices (hated townie?!) weren't so great. But he and ooba were an unstapable endgame comnination and his super gambit was great.
To be honest: I am not sure whether I would have supported your waggon if my super wouldn't have required me to waggon up people and make them use their supers.
And he was one of the early Chronos lynch proponents. I wish he had put more emphasis on that...

quadz:
Picking hellfire was in deed a great choice, seeing that it just outclasses every other choice he could have made. The self-treestumping was absolutely unneeded, though, given that he also had a mod-confirmable normal. But he kept around as a treestump for all the time and gave his opinions. Respect.
As for my part - I would have been a much stronger adverary of his waggon if not my super play had required waggoning up people...

Axelrod:
Sadest possible outcome for him, I guess. Never came to use any of his 1-shots (I was a bit upset by this at first, but seeing what they were there really wasn't the opportunity to use any of them) and then being killed the only way that he could be killed...

Baby Spice:
I am still mad at gandalf for executing her D1, though she did not play too well...

Snow_Bunny:
I am optimistic that one day there will be a game where I play with her and she doesn't end up N1-killed...

Plum:
Looking at her role it seems even worse now that she was N1 killed. Being killed so early sadly means that I don't even know what else to say :(

diddin:
Maybe he should have just played it safe, used hi super N1 and his shots N1 & N2 & hopefully more. Given that he obviously considered N1 OMGUs shooting the way to go that would have been the best strategy.

AV:
Just plain bad scum performance. I don't know why every one is so focussed on the lurking of scum players in this game, while it certainly plays a role the things that happened in between the lurking were really what brought scum down so quickly in this game.

Conspiracy:
Did not understand how his super worked *lol*. In the end it did not make much of a difference, though, I guess. And it's definitely moth who is to blame here, definitely the weakest player in the scum team. When ConS replaced in the lynch was already pretty much decided on and he had to use his super in kind of a panic reaction.

Dekes:
First of: I was right about him *happy*. I guess he could have easily hung around for another one ot two days if it wasn't for Gem's investigation, which made me really unhappy because I wanted both of them lynched.

gandalf:
So you gave him the role because gandalf play + chaos role = pre-setup mislynch for the lulz?! Gandalf, please realize that some one is only hard-confirmed scum if there is no other explananation for what they are doing and that you cannot just call yourself "confirmed town" but that it is up to (a majority) of town to call you that to make it real. If you follow these advises and formulate your thoughts accordingly I am sure people will take you much more seriously and listen to what you have to say.
And no matter what you think about it, executing Baby was a horrible choice and tricking town into voting for her to make it happen was just plain anti-town.

Chronopie:
Lurky day play. Very lurky day play. Why did you have to give that double vote to Gem ;..( I would have just given it to Magna, possibly even a tripple vote, just to force scum to kill him before Lylo/to make up for his hated-status. Given that scum put a bomb on him that would have been absolutely hilarious...

Gemini:
I avoided elaborating on it much during the game because I did not want to be carried away by any "but it would be
sooooo
nice to keep them around" feelings. So I say it now: Absolutely beautiful, terrific, ingenious, I loved their play? Is there a scummy for this. i.e. absolutely playing one's role, acting one's role, identifying with one's
being
one's role? If not, we should introduce it right now. their "on the scaffold" play was really the most enjoyable moment for me in this game (although that it was me who successfully tracked them down definitely plays into these feelings, too).

chesskid:
chess, if you ever learn to overcome your "arguments are for morons" attitude and stop trolling whenever some one disagrees with you you might turn out a good player. Until that happens I will persistently get every cheap shot at you that I can for my personal enjoyment.

Agar/Nacho:
I guess Nacho was right about Agar's motivation to confirm me on D1, after all he still had to win with town and just following along his own secret double-usurper plans would be deeply counterproductive to that notion. Claiming usurper though was meh. It's like claiming scum, you just don't do it because there's always a better option.
That Andi partially screwed up his super is something that I am obviously not the least sorry about :P

Shadow Dancer:
Oh, that's me. Sorry for my abusive D1 play, but after Agar had confirmed me I couldn't help myself but to go all anti-ches and anti-gand. Actually my role pretty much determined my play. I entered the game with the definte plan to make it
to
night one and then
through
night one and day two with my super running, waggoning up people and using their super usage to confirm their claims. It went just as planned. Now people need to finally realize that I am best let alone for D1 with no random "scumtells" applied to me :P Doing some "overwhelming display of townieness" kind of play was out of question, I needed to make sure not to be N1-killed.
My major blind spot in this game was obviously Chronos. I guess this is a prime example how meta reads can actually work against you... That the strongest proponents of a Chronos lynch were chess, gand and Alma, those three players which I took the least serious in this game, did not actually help, I guess.

MagnaofIllusion:
What should I say? - It's Magna. Very good play all around. Only the self-lynch while still possessing the bodyguard was in my opinion really bad. I agreed with him alot - only that it now turns out that many of the things we agreed on were just dead wrong... Better luck next time.

LordChronos:
Not giving up is already a huge acomplishment in his situation, I guess. I definitely will reread him. What really safed him, I think, as I said before, is that the main propoenent of his lynch more or less discredited themselves.

Andi/Charon/modding/reviewing team:
Tanks for modding this. For the pick-your-god or whatever sequel,I definitely Pre-/in. And if you ever want to do Ragnarök/Götterdämmerung mafia, tell me.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3295 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:55 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Heh do you enjoy being shown to be a stupid fucking moron then, SD?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3296 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:59 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

No, I enjoy you proving yourself to be a stupid fucking moron over and over again, thanks for asking.

@gemini:
Will you reveal your QT?! Pleeeaaase!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3297 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:23 am

Post by ooba »

chesskid3 wrote:
ooba wrote:
Scum

3. AurorousVox

16. quadz08
17. mothrax
18. LordChronos

12. AlmasterGM RangeroftheNorth

lolololol chesskid is scum with shit reads

but I have 3 consecutive people on the playerlist as scum lolololololololololol
@Chess: For future reference, this is a town-tell..
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3298 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:25 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

The long hard slog is finally over.

Now to my thoughts -

Andi / Dana
- Thanks very much for the entertaining game. I really enjoyed the set-up and Night / Day flavor that you put into the game. Absolutely solid GMing job (aside from the Oops on AGar / Nachos role).

I think Town was pretty overpowered this game, as is evidenced in the short but sweet QT with LordChronos. Imagine if Plum had motivated me instead of Gandalf N1 (I'm assuming that would have resulted in FOUR inventions, Lulz). I do think that only having two Cops in the form of 1-shot supers, with 1 in the hands of the Serial Killer, wasn't a bad move. You may have disliked the result but Non-Vanilla setups are ALWAYS swingy. You also did a good job making sure that the set-up had traps for players (ooba looked like a possible Encrypter, the double up of some powers that was 100% Town was nice work).

I of course would absolutely play a Sequel. You both have made my "Absolutely Sign Up" list as Mods. It's a pretty short list so that's a sign how much I respect your work.

I really do want to see how the Surveys were used because I answered "NO" to the obv Heph question :D

SCUM
- Good effort. Dekes was on my radar for his reaction to being questions (ala Lost Season 1) and I think AV was too easy to spot for too many people. I think you made the best of what you had, power-wise.

I really did relish reading the Dead QT and seeing the "Grrr, Magna why did you self-hammer" comments :D

To loosely paraphrase the Kingdom Come DC comics series -

"And the once chance to put things wrong, to grasp a victory from the hopeless situation, was dashed with a bolt of Self-Hammer"

TOWN
- I think we really didn't play an outstanding game outside of Day 2 and 3 where the scum team got decimated. Too many players playing games sub-par to their abilities (AGM, I know you are better than this). Also, I think that the game could have ended several days earlier had Nacho and Chess not claimed such Anti-Town Night actions after Gemini's lynch. Seriously, blocking me just to be spiteful? That's pathetic.

GEMINI
- You two did well but several key mis-teps doomed you.

1. Offering up you Super to "Town Approval" is a scum-slip. That absolutely solidified my thought that you were sketchy.
2. No reason to fake-gambit in a power-role heavy environment.

And I pushed your lynch through after you claimed Serial Killer because it is 100% the right thing to do. You needed to die simply because every kill you were allowed to make and every Night you had to be neutralized made Town overall less effective. I enjoyed your efforts but 'Chaining' a SK is NEVER the right move for Town. Notice what happened after your death ... scum barely got any Nightkills off at all and Town easily weathered mutliple mislynches and having to waste a lynch on my slot. Nothing personal by my play ... I had to keep up the pressure on you to make sure that you got hung and dismissing your creative and funny Role-playing was a part of that.

MY PLAY
- I'd give my slot at best a C+ rating this game. I think I can sum up correct and strong plays I made in a short list.

1. Claiming Hated Day 1.
2. Using my N2 forge correctly to produce a killing item to give to Iec.
3. Pushing through the Gemini lynch. I think Town probably loses this game if Gemini doesn't die there given the alternative lynch targets were 66% Town players.
4. Self-hammering. Even without the Death Curse (which I again chuckle at foiling the Scum plans) me making that call prevented possible infighting of Town and lack of focus.

I really regret not Bodyguarding Shadow the Night he died, especially given what would have likely happened (me taking LC with me). That would have been a great endgame result, IMO.

I'll have to go back and review the wagons with all flips apparent to see how the VC Analysis truely looked. In the future I think I might be taking a page from DGB and altering how I do my analysis.

OOBA
- I give you props for you Day 1 scum list. However I will 100% disagree with you that your set-up speculation was harmless. It absolutely made me suspect you more because of it. You spent so much time focusing and pushing things like "There must be a Second Scum Pantheon", "Everyone and their brother is the SK", and the "Final Fantasy - Iec" connection that it looked to me like you were trying to avoid pushing your scum suspects. Had you simply gone after your list instead of saying "Hey my reads are gold" while doing what I saw as pointless, non-scum hunting speculation and I would have been much more inclined to follow your LC read much earlier.

LC
- Thanks for the honesty in our QT. I enjoyed the little back and forth there. I had a pretty solid Town read on you Day 1 thanks to your agreement with me on Gemini (which given her SK status isn't surprising) and never did anything to really shake it. Good work.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3299 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:29 am

Post by ooba »

Fine. I will play my next large theme games with the minimum possible setup spec and see how it goes ..

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”