Mini #509: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Game Over!

Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:14 am

Post by Peers »

Flameaxe wrote:Referring to us as a 'brick wall' was though.

ps. still havent proved anything...I'm gonna keep saying it till I get some.
.... okay, first, don't feed me lines like that. You overwhelm me with the number of possible ways to make fun of you 'not getting some' that, while funny enough to share, have no place in this game.

Secondly... are you saying we're not a brick wall? Do you honestly think anything could happen to get you to change your vote away from me, or for me to change my vote away from you? That's pretty much the definition of the brick wall, and anyone in this game can already see it.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:18 am

Post by Flameaxe »

<Still haven't proved anything>

I don't plan on changing my vote unless someone does something scummier than you have already done.

Brick wall reference: I may have phrased that wrong, if you take it into context of your actual post, you basically put UA and myself together as one of your 'possible lynches for today'. Are you seriously still pecking away at the whole 'they are partners in team asshat, obviously we need to get them apart' nonsense?
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:21 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Peers wrote:... you're not even bothering to read my posts, are you? You're just skimming them.
You're doing the same thing to mine
Peers wrote:Let me spell it out for you slowly, like I would for a small child.

The town wants to win.
The town wins when the bad guys are gone.
Bad guys are a) mafia, b) SKs, c) people who are so damn retarded they do stupid stuff that prevents a) and b) from being lynched.
Let me spell it out for you slowly, like I would for a retarded person

The town wants to win.
The town wins when the bad guys are gone.
Bad guys are a)mafia, b)SKs, c) PEOPLE WHO KILL TOWNIES thus bringing a) and b) closer to fulfilling their win condition
Peers wrote:Now, if you want to lynch a mafia, but a townie is making it so you can't... you get rid of that townie. Then you can get rid of the mafia instead of banging your head into their brick wall.
Now, if you want to lynch mafia, but a townie is making it so you can't...YOU IGNORE THAT TOWNIE! Then you can focus on the mafia instead of watching the Town to Scum ratio falling.
Peers wrote:At this point, everyone in this game has a choice to make: Lynch one of you, and remove part of the brick wall; Lynch me, because I let myself get dragged down to your level and look just as bad as you; or lynch someone else... which will be difficult because of the animosity going on here, but if it happens, more power to 'em.
At this point, everyone has a choice to make. lynch you or Unright, due to your inability to ACTUALLY BUILD A CASE BASED ON SOLID EVIDENCE; bring themselves down to your level and lynch UA or BBM, and look just as retarded as you; or lynch someone else, which they wont, because no one else has done anything, and if they have, its been lost because of this pointless argument you've dragged us all into.
Peers wrote:The difference is, if you're lynched, I can focus on helping my fellow townies find the scum. If I'm lynched, you'll just keep being an asshat to Unright, and then pick a new target after him.

The difference is, if you're lynched, the games average IQ will rise, and the game just might be enjoyable. There will also be less scum. If I'm lynched, you're down one less townie. If BBM is lynched, I'm going to cry, because there is no case against him.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:25 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Any input at all from the rest of you?
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:55 am

Post by Peers »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Now, if you want to lynch mafia, but a townie is making it so you can't...YOU IGNORE THAT TOWNIE! Then you can focus on the mafia instead of watching the Town to Scum ratio falling.
Do you honestly think it's possible for anyone to ignore you?
UltimaAvalon wrote:At this point, everyone has a choice to make. lynch you or Unright, due to your inability to ACTUALLY BUILD A CASE BASED ON SOLID EVIDENCE; bring themselves down to your level and lynch UA or BBM, and look just as retarded as you; or lynch someone else, which they wont, because no one else has done anything, and if they have, its been lost because of this pointless argument you've dragged us all into.
Now who's leading?

... and who mentioned lynching BBM? I didn't.
UltimaAvalon wrote:The difference is, if you're lynched, the games average IQ will rise, and the game just might be enjoyable. There will also be less scum. If I'm lynched, you're down one less townie. If BBM is lynched, I'm going to cry, because there is no case against him.
Now, see, I was trying to stay away from the personal attacks, but y'know, whatever floats your boat.

If I'm lynched, then the town loses a member, no matter what you may believe. But that's okay; I think you're scum, too.

And now that I think of it... who the heck is BBM?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:58 am

Post by Flameaxe »

I am.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:32 pm

Post by Mirth »

Peers, could you please try to make some sense, please?

Avalon, Flame, could you stop being jerks, please?

Even if a townie is damned annoying, lynching them is a stupid move. Why? Well this is a closed set-up. We don't know how many mislynches we can afford or how many killing roles there are. We don't want to purposefully mislynch because it might put us in a bad, bad, very bad spot. Now then, I don't know if Flame is town or scum, but in the case of this particular argument it doesn't matter. Yes, he's a jerk. Yes, he's annoying. That does not mean lynching him on just those two grounds is justified, because, see above. Also, you seem to be treating lynching Flame as town lynch, more than a possible scum lynch. Why would you be leaning that way?

Also, I'd like to
Vote: Peers

I'm pretty sure this puts you at L-2 Peers. So please, explain yourself. Without advocating town lynches please.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

I will assure nothing when it comes to not being a jerk. Tis' my personality, it just happens when I post.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:38 pm

Post by dybeck »

Seriously though Flameaxe... you don't help your side by getting yourself lynched.

I also agree that people shouldn't lynch you just because you have poor people skills - but this is the way the site works and you have to learn that you need to get used to it or your side will continue to lose games.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:41 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Where did I say I was trying to get myself lynched here? I said that that is my playstyle and personality. You need to get used to it, and learn to deal with it.

Also, contribute moar please.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by dybeck »

I don't think you're
trying
to get yourself lynched.

However, the end result of being a tit is that your lynch tends to happen more often than not.

That's the facts of life, son.

As I've already pointed out, if people weren't spending so much time talking to you about how unhelpful you are, they'd be spending a lot more time hunting scum.

This is what people mean. And you can rant and rave "No! Stop! It's my playstyle!" all you like, but it's really not helpful. Do you think your behaviour finds you scum? Does it keep you alive? I mean... what are you actually achieving? Are you just trying to be "quirky"? Do you see yourself as the site's "rebel without a cause"?

Grow up.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:54 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

How am I being unhelpful? I'm doing a hell of a lot more than you are right now. Maybe actually reading would help that.

I'm allowed to be a jackass to whoever I feel deserves it. Stop trying to pin that on me and try to post something actually relevant to the game right now.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:39 pm

Post by Mirth »

Can we stop arguing about this please? I think we all agree that Flame is a jerk and nothing new and original can be said on that matter.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:40 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

I agree.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:01 pm

Post by dybeck »

Yeah OK. I guess he'll learn in the end.

So yeah... about lynching Unright and Peers.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:16 pm

Post by jmar »

Hey all.

Got caught up on my reading. I definitely think that Flameaxe is being a complete jerk and isn't really helping us catch scum, "playstyle" be damned. But overall I don't get a scum vibe from him.

This, however, set off alarm bells in my head...
Peers wrote:
Either you're scum, or you're a poor town player who distracts the rest of us from finding scum. Either way, you need to go.
As much as it pains me to, I agree with UA and Flameaxe on this one Peers. It's never OK to lynch a townie, no matter how obnoxious they are. You were already on my list- even though you claimed you didn't backtrack (rereading, I somewhat see what you're saying, it still felt like it to me though). Even with that out the window you're up on the list anyway because you're a claimed power role. PlaysWithSquirrels seems to have disappeared, Unright's been quiet but townish lately (though I'm still suspicious of the power role), but you've really gone and tripped my scumdar. I'm ready to vote you, but I guess I'll give you a chance to say something to change my mind.
"Nobody fucks with the Jesus."
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:18 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Show me how I'm not trying to catch scum. I feel the exact opposite of my actions. I thought Peers had a terrible case and reason to vote me, called him out on it, thought his reply was scummy, to say the least, and went after him for it. How is that not scumhunting to you?
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:13 pm

Post by Peers »

Mirth wrote:Peers, could you please try to make some sense, please?

I'm pretty sure this puts you at L-2 Peers. So please, explain yourself. Without advocating town lynches please.
*shrug* I'm town. Specificly, a Putty. Some of you will believe that, some of you won't, you'll find out in two more votes I guess.

Yes, this is a closed setup. Yes, a mislynch could put us in a bad place. But I'd rather be in a bad place able to focus than be in an okay place with a rather large distraction protecting the scum. The hell you chose over the hell that's forced onto you.

Mathmaticly, yes, lynching town is evilbadwrong and should never be done. Mafia is not simply a logical game you can play by math. You need to use your emotions, your gut, etc. Otherwise, there would be no reason for multiple people to be so upset wiht me that they begin doing the all-caps thing for multiple posts.

I hit a button somewhere. I'm fairly sure now it's a scum button. But I can't prove it on my lonesome.
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:41 pm

Post by originality »

Peers wrote:
Either you're scum, or you're a poor town player who distracts the rest of us from finding scum. Either way, you need to go.
I'm going to agree with the logic behind this statement.* What I don't agree with is whether Flameaxe is as you say. So far he has not proved to be a super efficient scum catching machine, true, but nor has he been a burden to the town in any manner.

I doubt you really share my philosophy in this case, you look like you are just coming up with whatever you can to throw the hate on someone else, now that you're cornered. I am aware this will put you at -1, but this is probably the only truly scummy thing I actually caught someone saying in this thread yet, so I'll go with it.

vote Peers

*Let me elaborate, because a lot of people misunderstand me when I say this. I do not advocate lynching townies in any shape or form, but you have to put into consideration how good of a townie the person is when you think of lynching, because that might tip the balance between two equally scummy people on the decision of a lynch, or something like that. Not that it matters in this situation, but I will probably refer to this disclaimer if I ever mention something like this in the future.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:21 pm

Post by jmar »

Peers wrote: Unless, of course, nobody received that PM because nobody is a vanilla townie. It'd be a little high-powered for a small game, but this -is- Power Rangers...
Peers wrote: *shrug* I'm town. Specificly, a Putty. Some of you will believe that, some of you won't, you'll find out in two more votes I guess.
Contradict yourself much?
"Nobody fucks with the Jesus."
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:51 pm

Post by PlaysWithSquirrels »

I'm still here. I just flat-out don't like where this game is going. There's been extremely little game chatter and a whole lot of people bitching at each other. When this happens, it only benefits the scum and I don't like being at a disadvantage because some people feel like comparing e-penis size instead of playing the game.

That being said, I definitely don't want to persue a Peers lynch and I'm undecided on Flameaxe. The people we need to be looking at, in my opinion, are JMar, Unright, and Originality, in that order.
Oh hai.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:43 pm

Post by Peers »

jmar wrote:
Peers wrote: Unless, of course, nobody received that PM because nobody is a vanilla townie. It'd be a little high-powered for a small game, but this -is- Power Rangers...
Peers wrote: *shrug* I'm town. Specificly, a Putty. Some of you will believe that, some of you won't, you'll find out in two more votes I guess.
Contradict yourself much?
Nope. The first statement as done as a response to someone's post about how many power roles / mafia they thought we could expect in this game. The second is truth.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:10 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Peers wrote:It was hypothetical. I reserve the right to claim Putty as my role in the future.
I don't think Peers would've ever said this if he wasn't in fact a townie, and I believe his claim. He completely messed up, but I wouldn't want to lynch him at this point. I'd rather look at Jmar, who believed that Peers' statement was hypothetical at the time he posted it, but now that Peers is close to being lynched, sees it as a contradiction.

Vote JMar

Could someone please unvote Peers so we don't wind up accidentally ending the day early?
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:14 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Also note that Vanilla Townies tend to play more aggressively.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:25 pm

Post by dybeck »

unvote
for now.

Peers lied to the town, and that grates REALLY badly with me. I've already stated my opinion about liars. But my gut tells me he might just be awful. Let me think.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”