CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:49 pm

Post by CoolBot »

In any well designed game (which this appears to be), mass claims result in a lot of town information, such as the identity of the cop & doc, out in the open. Further, since it's impossible for everyone to claim at once during an on-line game, it's relatively easy for mafia to wait until the later half of the claims. That way, the mafia can make sure they don't duplicate their claim and make sure it fits with what everyone else is getting. So what's the result of an early mass claim? The mafia gain a lot of information and can hide themselves.

Late game (i.e., the last couple of days) mass claims can be beneficial to the town because the mafia don't have time to knock off the cops and docs and they have to worry about keep their claim consistent with any info gathered by investigative roles.

Anyway, I'm going to
unvote: Gaspode
When I voted him, I was upset I messed up and had to reveal my role, and when he attacked me for possessing a Satakanka after I had explained why I had one, I figured he was try to railroad me. I still think he's scummy, though, so
fos: Gaspode
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:22 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I don't know still. I guess that it very well could be that Gaspode still could have a chance to be scum not that I've read the thread over a bit. Considering the fact that I was blocked doesn't help me much. I mean if you look at some roles they are immune to investigations and see where they have gotten. I've seen roles that will appear innocent to the investigator or will just plainly blocked....who knows?...Just a thought of mine. :wink:
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:47 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Alright, my vote is going to Chaotic Diablo....Has anyone else noticed that he hasn't posted since March 03, Page 11, HELLO!

I asked him to respond and he didn't...Not like I was giving an order or anything.

Vote:Chaotic Diablo

And I wouldn't have voted him, had I thought he was gone or something, but I have seen him be pretty current in other games, so why not mini 89?
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:02 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

sorry, ive been having trouble with the internet and coming on the computer, but i did manage to visit it to post in some of the games.

I don't really have anything to add, but if you have a question directed to me, then i might be able to answer.

Suggestions: get the lurkers, make gaspode and/or coolbot claim, mass role claim, try to unsuccesfully lynch CD
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:44 am

Post by CoolBot »

Nanook, the only qualm I have about going after chaotic is on the off chance that he's telling the truth, we end the day with a no lynch. That's why I want to go after his possible allies.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:05 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Coolbot---> Well, when you say go after his possible allies, do you mean during the night? That is after we do a no lynch?

I'm somewhat confused.. :?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:02 am

Post by CoolBot »

I mean right now. I think Gaspode's the most likely to be his ally at this point, for the reasons I've stated previous.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:11 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Why not?
Unvote:Chaotic Diablo
and
Vote:Gaspode

Don't know why I am doing this, but I am beginning to believe Coolbot. I thought that Gaspode was suspicious in the beginning and that was my reasoning behind me investigating him. When reading back through the thread he never really was confirmed innocent and by me being blocked by him wasn't reason to detest the fact that he could be scum.

Go against me if you want, but I feel that I am doing the right thing here.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:49 am

Post by Gaspode »

So you'd rather vote for a person with a weapon that is likely pro-town (based on Zoneace's role) than one who is clearly more suspicious? The later logic against Chaotic was much better than the logic against me has ever been. His role claim is scummy, his investigation went to the one person who was defending him, and he hasn't posted since yesterday. I, on the other hand, have made good contributions to the game and have shot down pretty much every argument brought against me. Where was I
more
scummy than he is? When I tried to prevent what happened to mathcam in Mini 18 (Time Travel, on the archive--he came up with an outlandish idea and was lynched for it on day one, only to be an important town role) from happening again?

Coolbot's claim that I actually wanted a mass claim is junk, and you know it. Think about it--if I really wanted a mass claim, I wouldn't be afraid to make it known. Plus, when you think about it, random bandwagoning, which you were all suggesting but which I opposed vehemently before this whole ordeal started, is basically another, slower method of mass-claiming. You bandwagon until you get a claim, and if you don't like it, you move on. How is that different from asking each player in turn what their role is?

Given those facts, tell me why it's more logical to vote me than to vote for Chaotic.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:09 am

Post by CoolBot »

Gaspode, I agree chaotic is more scummy than you; I'm just afraid if I'm wrong, it'll lead to a no lynch. In fact, even though I have a fairly good idea of what he'll say, I'd like chaotic to explain what happens if we do vote to lynch him: does the day end with a no lynch, or do we get another chance to lynch?

The primary reason I think Gaspode is scummy is because he defended chaotic further than what I feel a townie would have. Why Nanook does, I don't know.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:30 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Right now I guess that there isn't really any loic behind it...More gut feeling then anything else. I most likely will change this vote and I do appreciate you putting something of importance out there more so then Chaotic. I want to read up a bit more and finalize my thoughts. For some reason this game is just so damn boring in parts and confusing in others. Trying to link them together is another story. I'll get back too you before you're lynched that I can guarentee(sp?)
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:05 pm

Post by Gaspode »

CoolBot wrote:Gaspode, I agree chaotic is more scummy than you; I'm just afraid if I'm wrong, it'll lead to a no lynch.
I'm going to go out on a limb and take the risk of saying what I truly believe here, which has gotten me in trouble already, but I can't stand to lie selfishly when I'm pro-town. Anyway, I don't think No Lynch is a completely horrible outcome, when you consider our options. If we go for C_D, we're likely to get scum, but if we don't, then we don't actually
lose
anything besides time. We sort of give the mafia one extra kill; but alternatively, if we don't lynch C_D, we might very well kill a pro-town person (like me :P). No Lynch certainly isn't a favorable outcome, but as I said, we don't actually lose much from it. We just don't gain much either, besides some information. It's a tough decision, but I think lynching Chaotic gives us a great possibility of catching scum with a comparatively low risk.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:14 pm

Post by Gaspode »

By the way, I forgot to respond to this...
CoolBot wrote:The primary reason I think Gaspode is scummy is because he defended chaotic further than what I feel a townie would have.
You can't use this as an argument, because you can't assume that I would be this dumb as scum. Exposing two scum through an excessive defense is much worse for the mafia than losing one to a dumb play. I think everyone knows this. So if I'm mafia, I'm either extremely stupid, or I'm taking a huge risk thinking that I could save C_D and use the argument I'm presenting now. Since both are highly unlikely, you get stuck in a loop and can't really use that logic.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:05 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Screw you guys, I'm going home

unvote:Gaspode

And Goodnight.[/b]
Prizm
Prizm
Goon
Prizm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:49 pm

Post by Prizm »

Did no one notice that chaotic suggested a mass role claim AGAIN?
FoS chaotic_diablo
"But good is not a thing of perception. What is 'good' in one culture cannot be 'evil' in another. This might be true of mores and minor practices, but not of virtue. Virtue is absolute."
-Drizzt Do'Urden
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:45 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I'm not currently that suspicious of Gaspode. He's been helpful but not strangly, and he doesn't seem to be trying to mislead us. I find Chaotic at the top of my list right now, Coolbots around it but not so much. As for Prizm, his role seems a but shakey, but I don't really doubt it that much. Chaotic is the best bet for me, unless someone else has some better insight?
Vote Chaotic Diablo

-DS
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:21 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Well, I am going to go back to voting C_D for the same reasons as post 327 that I stated earlier, and for still not being around too much.

Vote:Chaotic Diablo

Don't know what really made me find gaspode scummy after re reading the thread.
Morpheus
Morpheus
Goon
Morpheus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:31 am

Post by Morpheus »

unvote coolbot, vote C_D
I guess he is the most suspicous right now. Not to mention after being away he comes back and gives a few terrible suggestions.
Yeah..
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:36 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Well, that's three...Only five to lynch and I don't know if ya'll want to wait around for him to re claim and tell us that he really doesn't have much to say...
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:49 am

Post by CoolBot »

Well, he's already claimed, but I'd like to hear what he has to say about what happens if we lynch him.
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:14 pm

Post by EnPaceRequiescat »

I'd like to hear from chaotic again. gaspode did note that we won't lose that much if chaotic turns out to be good, but then again, we haven't hit any bad guys yet.

next: nanook all of a sudden is throwing votes around on what others have said, which I don't find that comforting. although this might be frustration, but it doesn't look that sound in my eyes.
freak with short term memory
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:55 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

i suggested a mass roleclaim as its one of the many paths that we can take. A more logical view is to try to lynch me, of coarse only i believe in my own ability of my role. I merely suggested it, but never backed it up. i can suggest anything here and not back it up. the only reason why you people point a finger at me is because i made a suggestion in the first place, thinking only a scum wanted such a stupid idea. To reinforce that idea, EPR said earliar that i wasn't very smart. that is true by my standards.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:05 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

EPR: I have indeed been throwing votes around, and usually I try to avoid this, but I feel comfortable where I'm at. I am very frustrated with this game in so many ways, but that is somewhat irrelevent. I am just trying to get the game over with, not that it has been going on for ever, but still, it is upseting me. Not enough that I would request replacing, but if you feel that my strategy sucks or is discouraging then you may take that route, but I can assure you that I am just frustrated with the game,

*Not to mention the fact that I am trying to give up a bad habit, which I am sure that you all can relate in one way or another, not that this is relevent to the game or anything.

Oh yeah, my vote stands for Chaotic, even though that was pretty harsh of EPR to say that you're not very intelligent. I think that we just all have our days, or in this case games... You just haven't convinced me of you're innocence, not because you're lack of intelligence, just you lack of participation and content in what you do say.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:05 pm

Post by Gaspode »

I just reread post 328 and realized how incredibly scummy it is. One of his suggestions is to go after me, who according to his own claim, is innocent. That and the uselessness of the "I'm always dumb" defense are enough to warrant a
vote: chaotic_diablo

If chaotic is scum,
FOS: Nanook
for switching his vote to me without a reason, then switching back to C_D when he realized his mistake. It's possible he's C_D's buddy and was just trying to take advantage of a possible bandwagon on someone other than the one on his mafia counterpart.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:49 pm

Post by CoolBot »

vote: chaotic_diablo
With his last post, he did little more than try to attract sympathy in a fairly artificial manner.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”