massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:26 pm

Post by massive »

[Talitha mode] That should page8 in that last post where the smiley-face is. [/Talitha]
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
thorred
thorred
Goon
thorred
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:57 am

Post by thorred »

If we go with a plan like Corsato's, say, lynch Glamdring and then mafia will probably kill cop / Kingpin, say they kill Corsato, would his sanity/insanity be revealed?
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:23 pm

Post by Wacky »

That often depends on the mod.
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:33 am

Post by Corsato »

massive wrote:Corsato: So, after reading your post, I get the impression that you think you still don't know your own sanity
You are correct, I'm not 100% sure about it. It seems like I'm insane, but my investigations are not conclusive, and I'm still suspicious about Glamdring (who is innocent if I'm insane).
massive wrote:At that point, why not say "I found a guilty" and go after blackhawk? Instead you pussyfoot around EPR and say things like "If blackhawk dies tonight, EPR will be nr 1 suspect tomorrow. (p" and You are not getting my night 2 investigation yet, as I'm thinking about whether or not it's in the town's interest to know at the moment.
Because he was claiming to be a cop, and I wasn't sure about my sanity. (take the Serial Killer = innocent into consideration).
If I would have revealed my investigation at that stage, blackhawk would have been lynched, and I don't believe that would've been the right thing to do. So I kept my investigations to myself.

Cops are usually revealed as 'cop'.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:06 pm

Post by Wacky »

I have to disagree with massive as well. Serial Killer, more often than not, come up as guilty, as far as I know.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:08 pm

Post by Wacky »

Note to self: dont' hit submit so fast.

So I will
Vote: Glamdring
, in accordance with Corsato's plan. Even if massive is scum, which he could well be with his craplogic, we would gain information from blackhawk's investigation of him.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:15 am

Post by massive »

What!? Craplogic? Me? I'm not the one who presented the idea that an SK could come up innocent! I'm not the one basing his supposed-sanity around that possibility! I don't know where you're coming from, Wacky, but it ain't "I read the thread-ville".
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:36 am

Post by Corsato »

I'm not the one who presented the idea that an SK could come up innocent!
There have been numerous games where this setup was used, (e.g. in the last game I modded ;)) so don't threat the idea as a thing that never happened and will happen.
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:34 pm

Post by KingPin »

I don't know whether or not this means anything, but when I have played in games before the SK could come up either. If the SK does not kill the night he/she is investigated they come up innocent. If, however, they choose to kill the night they are investigated they come up guilty.

Since there seems to be a plan going around...

Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:34 pm

Post by Wacky »

I didn't think that it was that common, but it seems it was, e.g. in the first game I modded, Trogdor, etc.

Then again, MeMe was known as "crazy", and came back from a maximum security prison.
thorred
thorred
Goon
thorred
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:08 am

Post by thorred »

I'm thinking maybe we should wait a bit for Glamdring to give one last defence. Going with the plan, I'll probably vote him later anyway.
Glamdring
Glamdring
Townie
Glamdring
Townie
Townie

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:08 am

Post by Glamdring »

I appreciate that thorred, but as I've already said... I don't have much of a defense. I am a normal townie, named Tom Jones. I'm not sure if my musical ability is of any use to the town, but let me say that if lynching me means that you clear Blackhawk, then I think you need to take a second look. Not that I don't agree with the logic, but the fact is I'm not sure I believe Corsato. (in fact, I flat out don't) I think that he's made up all of his claims and that, knowing BH and I to be innocent, he used the insane ploy in order to throw more confusion into the mix. I still ask: does anyone think that the mafia didn't get to make the first move? I think it's clear that their action went first since Meme never got to make a kill. In fact, look at the textual description of Meme's death. It implies that Meme was planning on making a kill but was killed prior to that action.

Finally, I would rather sacrifice myself than watch Blackhawk be lynched. Perhaps he's truly naive, or maybe he just hasn't found the right person to investigate yet. (Or perhaps he has and has hit a GF) But the fact remains that BH, if he is truly town, is at least of equal (if he is naive) or greater (if he's not) value as a cop than I am as a normal townie.

If you think this is a crappy role claim, well don't blame me, it's what I have at my disposal. And if you look through the thread you'll see that I've been consistent on this, even calling out Corsato early on and admitting that the entirety of my role was simply a name. (Corsato then appeared to think that this was a horrible thing to do so that the mafia knew that all they needed was a name to get by. But the fact is he was the one pushing for an explanation and so I gave it to him.) Corsato has done nothing but appear suspicious to me from the very start. Couple the fact that he inspected someone who died night one: Wow, that's hard to dispute; with the fact that he seemed completely at ease with the concept of BH being a cop while he himself was one makes me think that he's scum. (I know, multiple cops has happened before, but I have to say that in a game this small, it's probably not the norm. Perhaps a back-up cop, but not two.) (Granted, having one cop be insane and the other naive and the only valuable information come from the garbageman is... if nothing else... flavorful)
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:22 am

Post by Corsato »

Glamdring wrote:I still ask: does anyone think that the mafia didn't get to make the first move? I think it's clear that their action went first since Meme never got to make a kill.
I agree on that one, the mafia killed first (obviously). The reason for it could be the fact that they just send it in first (realtime), or maybe it was just designed this way, or decided randomly? Could be any of these.

Since there seems to be at least a small base for my plan, so I'll follow it as well.
. If someone has a different plan we could follow, speak up now.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:05 pm

Post by Wacky »

I thought most (all?) games on mafiascum operated on the simultaneous execution of abilities.

And even if there was an order, doesn't the SK usually get to kill first (Like the one on scene.pgpl.net where Dasquian won). Deciding it at random could have the fate of the game decided on a coin flip, and people wouldn't be happy and stuff.
Glamdring
Glamdring
Townie
Glamdring
Townie
Townie

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:53 pm

Post by Glamdring »

Well, I believe that's 4 and twighlight is upon us. This has been an interesting game, for my first on this site and I'll probably do another one. Lessons I've learned: It's very difficult to defend yourself when your entire role is a name. This, however, is what mafia is supposed to be about. I think that, overall, the special games have often got overloaded with specialized abilities and such, which means it's often very easy for the town to win. The could accomplish this pretty effectively simply by all role-claiming from the very start. However, with roles that aren't specialized the only info you have is the way the person plays the game. And that's the right way.

Well, go town. I still don't trust Corsato, but, heck, I could be wrong. Thanks for the entertaining game.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:13 pm

Post by Wacky »

Well, I can only find three, but I'm often wrong with these things, and it probably won't matter if the mod has vanished into thin air, which is certainly possible, but for what it's worth
Unvote: Glamdring
thorred
thorred
Goon
thorred
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:46 pm

Post by thorred »

Me too (I counted 3). I'd rather vote for someone else. I guess we could go for Massive. I don't have anyone else in mind, apart from Corsato, but he might be cop (I have doubts tho).
Just saying my thoughts out loud now, I think Wacky seemed a little scummy at the beginning, and we've been told he's a good player. I'm still not sure about him.
bloojay
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
The Other Blue Meat

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:26 am

Post by bloojay »

Oops....been so busy w/other stuff I've been neglecting this game and things.
It is now 2 votes for Glamdring, 4 to start the night.
mepmuff: I don't know what to make of the Peacebringer news story.
sycko999: Mabye PB is really ugly...-Suburbia Mafia
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:50 am

Post by massive »

How is it that, over the course of this game, just about EVERYONE has voiced their suspicion of Corsato, and yet he continues to survive? I don't know how, but Corsato is playing a masterful game. :)
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:17 pm

Post by Wacky »

thorred wrote: I think Wacky seemed a little scummy at the beginning, and we've been told he's a good player. I'm still not sure about him.
I'm very often scummy Day 1. What has me being a good player (debatable, I suppose) have to do with anything?

I'm a bit out of it today (getting used to downgraded computer monitor with lower resolution) Would Corsato's plan still work with Thorred instead of Glamdring?
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:18 am

Post by KingPin »

I don't think that Thorred should be lynched.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:48 am

Post by Corsato »

No, because Thorred isn't investigated by me we would not find out anything about my sanity. We could design another plan for that, but seeing Kingpin's last post I doubt we should do that.

And still voting for Glamdring, I'm not buying his last post. If you are that close to a lynching, you know exactly how many votes you have. That makes his "I-had-fun-as-a-townie-and-have-learned-a-lot" post highly suspicious in my eyes.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:41 pm

Post by Wacky »

ergh, not paying attention.

[checks]

Well, lynching Blackhawk is Probably a Bad Idea, so either we lynch Glamdring, which doesn't seem too great an idea anymore, make some other plan (lynch massive, probably), or wait till a deadline and lynch Glamdring anyway.

I'll go back and look at his posts and stuff.
bloojay
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
The Other Blue Meat

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:37 am

Post by bloojay »

Well, actually i'm gonna impose a deadline now...
DEADLINE FOR SUNDAY @ 4 PM CST

Same deadline lynch rules: one with the most votes wins. Or loses. Or whatever.
mepmuff: I don't know what to make of the Peacebringer news story.
sycko999: Mabye PB is really ugly...-Suburbia Mafia
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:32 am

Post by Corsato »

This might require a different strategy.

Reading back the last page, I find Wacky's strategy strange. First he starts voting for Glamdring, but when the bandwagon hits three he unvotes with no clear reason (other then Glamdring's post!?). Keeping my vote for now, but I will be online tomorrow to chance it if necessary.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”