StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:58 am

Post by StrykkerVerde »

Morning everybody. I'm afraid there's only been one killing tonight. Isn't that wonderful. What happened you ask, why let me tell you.

Internet Stranger has been keeping quite the low profile as of late. It's almost as if he hadn't been seen for days. After the lynching of Nicole he continued in his quite observing, retreating to his house in hopes of avoiding attention.

The truth of the matter is that Internet Stranger had become bored in this place. The idea that he might be killed didn't even cross his mind, "How could these people ever understand how lame they are. Nobody here is as cool as me. I'd like to see them try and lynch me. I'd show them how extreme I really am."
"How extreme is that? Stranger."
"Who's there? You aren't the Ninja chick are you? We killed her already!"
Suddenly a tall dark figure stepped out the shadows, dressed in a full length Mink Coat and carrying a cane.
"Look now, this is my town. Anybody who comes in here and thinks they can take it over, they have to answer to me." The man was the same size as IS, but far more intimidating.
"I'm not trying to take over your town *****! I just wanna get out of here. So if you'll excuse me, get the **** out of my house!"
The unwelcome guest did not seem amused. "Oh, I'll get out of your house. But you better watch your back."
"Don't worry. I will." With that Internet Stranger turned towards the door to leave."
"I said Watch your Back!" were the last words Internet Stranger heard before the gunshot rang out, and left silence in it's wake.

It's unfortunate but hey, that's how it goes around here. Why don't we use yahoo to search internet strangers identity (I'm having some problems with the people at Google)

He was...

Pablo! – Action Movie Star

Pablo was born in Hollywood, CA where he grew up as a child actor making cereal commercials to feed his grandfathers tobacco addiction. After growing up in Hollywood and living the glamorous life for so many years he was looking to settle down and get away from the flash of the big city.
In the business Pablo is considered The King of Extreme, bringing new meaning to the term action star.

Once he arrived in Murphyville he was met by a horde of angry townsfolk, who found Pablo’s extreme reputation to be harmful to their peaceful ways. After a few weeks of keeping to himself and trying to ignore the piles of hate mail that had been pouring into his mailboxm, Pablo decided that if the town didn't want to like his extreme ways, then he’ll give them a reason not to, extreme style!

4 of you left. 3 to lynch. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself.
I miss Puzzle.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:45 am

Post by mneme »

Um.

Ok, I guess the real question is how many scum we have left.

If we have more than 2 scum left, the town is doomed. But I'm pretty sure it's 2 at most, since Armlix is alive (and probably town? has he ever successfully investigated?) and I'm alive (and I know I'm town).

If we have two scum left, we are best off with no-lynch, I think. Lynch scum, and the other scum kills and wins. lynch a townie, and the only chance of the town winning is a 1/4 "the scum kill one another" shot. No-Lynch, and there's a 1/9 chance of the scum killing one another, but also a 4/9 chance of one of the scum getting offed (letting the town lynch scum next day), a 2/9 chance of the scum targetitng the same townie (leaving the next day at a "no lynch and hope the scum kill one another" 1/4 shot which is the -best- case on "lynch a townie", and only a 1/9 chance of the scum killing the remaining townies and having a faceoff next day.

If we have one scum...hmm. Lynch wrong and lose unless we get a save (but we've had a lot of prevented kills, apparently). Lynch right and win. No lynch and any cops get a chance to complete their info, and there's no chance of an instalose.

Anyone have better intel or caluclations?
Did I say too much?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:46 am

Post by mneme »

Oh, also: Armix, who did you send your note to?
Did I say too much?
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:18 am

Post by EnterYourNameHere »

I think we only have one scum left. Too many seemingly-scummy people have died. I'd say all three lynches were scum (though Nicole is the only one we know for sure), and I'm willing to venture that at least one of our night-kills so far were scum.

With that said, no-lynch is still our best option. No matter how many scum we have left, it's Lynch or Lose. We can't count on doc protection or whatever.
Vote: no lynch
. mneme, as much as I want to vote you, we can't stand being wrong today.

armlx didn't send his note to me. Which means he probably sent it to warpdragon (I don't think he'd send to IS).
prinny, dood
warpdragon
warpdragon
Goon
warpdragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:32 pm

Post by warpdragon »

Nope, I didnt get the note. I did however, get a piece of cheese. I also know that the cheese salesman is most likely innocent, due to my investigation. Here is EnterYourNameHere's character info.

John P. Harrison IV – Cheese Salesmen

A young Cheese Connoisseur John Harrison IV was born in the small town of Brisbane. Growing up the fact that nobody knew where he came from prompted him to seek residency elsewhere, hoping that he would someday be a well known cheese salesmen who could bring fame and fortune to Brisbane.
Upon moving to Murphyville he became disappointed when he realized that it was a town very similar to Brisbane in the sense that nobody knew where it was. If he were to become a famous cheese salesman, then he would have to do it elsewhere.
Fear strikes John’s heart however when he is not allowed to leave Murphyville. With the recent string of Murders that are occurring lately it seems that everyone has become a suspect, and nobody is allowed to leave until some answers have been had.

Since Armlx has been confirmed via note, the obvious choice is to
Vote Mneme
. Although no lynch is usually the best situation here, if we have 3 confirmed innocents, then the last person must be scum.
Show
IS: Kiwis get to hunt the natives on Sundays
Tally: kiwis are the natives
IS: Thats the fun part

Mackay: Oh hey, I got sigged! :)

[size=75][i]Edited by Warpdragon[/i][/size]
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:40 pm

Yep, that's my role PM. I'll explain my role in detail if asked, it is rather complicated.

The reason I didn't want to just vote mneme is because I wasn't positive on warpdragon. But I don't think the ability to produce copies of role PMs would be something given to a scum. I'll
unvote NL, vote mneme
, but warpdragon, I would like to know your other results. Just to be sure.
prinny, dood
warpdragon
warpdragon
Goon
warpdragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:08 pm

Post by warpdragon »

If you were paying attention I only have 1 investigation.
Show

mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:36 am

Post by mneme »

Someone is lying.

Since I attempted to vig-kill EnterYourNameHere last night, I'm guessing it's him, but this is very confusing -- I guess he could be an unkillable godfather, or just a townie that's immune to night kills, but that would make warpdragon scum with an investigation....which since I'm a vig with another ability (the one I needed to "beg" for earlier in the game), isn't actually that implausible.

It may be that eynh+warpdragon are scum together, in which case we're pretty much hosed.

It may be that warpdragon is a jack of all trades who can use all his abilities at once, and used his kill to stop IS, his save to save EYNH, his inv also on EYNH, and maybe a block on IS (otherwise, where did IS's kill go), but that seems rather far fetched.

Note that if I -am- "scum and the only scum", it's still safer to no lynch -- what am I going to do? sprout another kill out of my ass? If I'm not scum, however, or if there's another killer (like the one that killed IS -- something I pretty much never do!) then lynching me is suicidal.

When you get down to it, the only people with an interest in lynching me today (rather than saving the endplay for tomorrow) are those trying to score a quick endplay.

"there's no possibility that we're wrong" only cuts it when you don't have people running around with multiple abilities already.

FOS: Warpdragon (mafia or killer/inv)
FOS: EYNH (mafia or godfather)
Vote: No Lynch
Did I say too much?
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:49 am

I have no nightkill immunity. You must have gotten roleblocked or I was protected by a doc.

If mneme tried to vig me last night and it didn't go through, SOMETHING is up. Either warp's abilities are as you are guessing (where he can use multiple abilities one night), or IS was either a roleblocker or a doc.

We know my role PM, I want role PMs from the last three of you as well. For now,
unvote

Oh, and: if me and warp were both mafia (or if ANY two people were both mafia), wouldn't the game have ended now? We most likely have one killer left, but there's the possibility of a mafia and an SK. I highly doubt there are two mafia left. Which makes me VERY suspicious of anyone claiming vig powers--especially someone as already suspicious as mneme.

I have an idea of what MIGHT have happened with mneme's supposed vig attempt on me. But I want role PMs.
prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:58 am

One last thing: mneme, are you responsible for the kill on LML night one?

Also, I don't want anyone counting out armlx quite yet. There's a possibility that he's mafia. It's a complex scenario that I don't have time to delve into, but I'll try to explain later.
prinny, dood
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:59 am

Post by mneme »

Since I'm a vig, two mafia isn't GO (nor would it be if I were a sk, the other obvious choice) -- even without doc abilities, if the mafia kill armix instead of me, it's a mexican standoff the next night.
Did I say too much?
warpdragon
warpdragon
Goon
warpdragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:47 am

Post by warpdragon »

Steve – Handyman

Steve grew up in Payne, Ohio. As a small child he found that he didn’t fit in with most of the other guys at school. While they were out playing football, Steve was in the shed behind his house building something out of wood or fixing up an old radio someone threw out. Never having the need to go to college, he traveled the country taking jobs where he could and picking up skills wherever he could.

When you arrived in Murphyville you found the town to be a good place to stay for a little while. Everyone here minded their own business but were all too lazy to fix anything themselves. As time came for you to leave and find some other town, the police stopped you becuse you were a suspect for the murders.

I investigated EYNH on N2, and I blocked Mneme N3. I can still hide someone tonight.

Looks like Mneme is avoiding the EYNH PM request in his last post. Probably stalling for more time to write up a fake one.
Show

EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:49 am

OK, here's how it's going to go down.

I am 100% positive armlx is scum. I am also pretty sure mneme is scum (and is responsible for killing LML on night one). armlx is mafia. If mneme is scum, he is an SK.

Why is armlx scum? Because, first of all, I believe warpdragon's claim. mneme got roleblocked last night. The only manner through which I can kill is that one of my cheeses is poisonous (so far, no one has taken this cheese). Yet, we still had a kill last night. I didn't do it, warp can't do it according to his claim, and mneme couldn't have done it.

Well, what about the notes, you may say? Think about it. None of us got a note. armlx wanted to kill IS, he wouldn't have sent a note to him. The only person to have ever gotten a note was PBuG: WHO WE ARE SURE WAS SCUM. I don't think the notes ever existed. armlx simply had some other mafia kill night one, he tried to kill nicole night two (and failed), and then, with no other choice, he had to perform the night kill night three.

Vote armlx
. I think doing that will most likely win the game right then and there. If it doesn't, that means mneme is our last scum. The town will still probably win, if warp can assure me of one thing: if you hide someone and you get targetted to be killed, do both you and the player you were hiding die? or just you? If just you die, then I think I have a plan, but I'm not going to reveal it unless you confirm that.
prinny, dood
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:27 am

Post by armlx »

I was away and missed night, so no message was sent. Sorry guys. I would have investigated IS and sent the note to Warp if that matters at all. If the mod could do anything to clarify the situation (like confirm I sent no night choice PM) that would help, but that probably extends too far into meddling with the game.

I personally think Mneme is our last scum. So far we have killed 1 scum (PBuG) and an SK (ninja) IMO. There was 1 person whose role matched PBuG's "held for investigation" thing, so I am thinking they are scum #2. That, assuming a 8/3/1 setup, leaves 1 scum. EYNH has an investigation to clear him, which is better then Mneme who has nothing so far.

Nicole being the ninja chick probably stopped my kill though.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
warpdragon
warpdragon
Goon
warpdragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:46 pm

Post by warpdragon »

Only I die if I'm targeted.

I like EYNH's logic but I want Armlx's and Mneme's PMs before I decide anything.
Unvote
, for now.
Show

mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:47 pm

Post by mneme »

I can't post my pm -- I'm posting from my phone over the weekend and have no access to a PC (am at Dexcon, sorry. OTOH, won the Alhambra nationals, so I can't be too sorry).

I'll post it once I'm home and can breathe, but I agree that with the described role and claims, an Armlix lynch may be our best bet for today.
Did I say too much?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:52 am

Post by armlx »

My role PM was early on. Remember when IS tried to lynch me for no reason? It's right there.

My being out of town for 2 weeks actually clears me I think, since I wouldn't be able to send in a night choice to kill if I was mafia.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:26 am

Post by StrykkerVerde »

I have no problem confirmeing that armlx sent in no nightchoice as he let everyone know ahead of time when he was going to be gone. Night happened between those dates.
I miss Puzzle.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:32 am

Post by armlx »

Thanks Strykker. I personally wouldn't have done that, but that's just my opinion.

Now that that is cleared up, it should be obvious who is our last mafia member. If the game isn't over today I have no clue what we should do.

Vote Mneme
warpdragon
warpdragon
Goon
warpdragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:19 am

Post by warpdragon »

Armlx, I found it, but I guess I didn't really remember it because you put it in quotes, and I generally only skim those. It seems very short though. Couldn't a partner have sent in the choice?
Show

warpdragon
warpdragon
Goon
warpdragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:22 am

Post by warpdragon »

Argh, didnt mean to submit that without thes last lines:

Couldn't a partner have sent in the choice, assuming that my hiding skill would prevent an endgame? Or maybe one of EYNH's cheeses?
Show

EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:49 am

I'll explain my role in full.

I began the game with five cheeses, and were told what effects each cheese could possibly have. They are, as follows:

1) Doc protection
2) Lynch protection
3) Roleblock
4) Postblock
5) Deadly

I don't know which cheese does which, and I only have one in stock of each cheese. I am allowed to offer a person a selection between all of my remaining cheeses each night.

On night one, I targetted Drummer. He took my roleblock cheese, and you can see the flavor of it in his death scene: it's so good, that he doesn't care about his night choice and just sits at home eating cheese all night.

On night two, I forgot about this game and therefore missed my night choice.

On night three, I targetted warpdragon, and he took my lynch protection cheese. We can't lynch him today.

So, I have three cheeses left: doc protection, postblock, and poison. Here's my plan.

Today, we lynch mneme. If that doesn't end the game right there, which it should, warp should hide me and I'll give cheese to armlx. There's a 66% chance of winning: if he gets postblocked I can lynch him, and if he gets poisoned, that's the end of it right there. Should he take doc protection, it'd be just me and him left, there'd be no lynch that day, and there'd be a 50% chance of me forcing a draw the following night (I'd have postblock and poison left, and it'd be an annihilation draw if he took poison).

Oh, and for the record: I had a post restriction requiring me to state the names of cheeses in my posts. If I didn't mention any, I lost my choice, if I mentioned four, I got to keep the cheese that got taken at night, and if I mentioned six, I got to do my night action twice. If you look at my early posts, you can see that I mentioned two cheeses before the mod took away the restrictions (american and swiss, I believe, I'm too lazy to look for the actual posts).

But still,
vote mneme
. This is our best option.
prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:55 am

Oh, and let me clarify: the doc protection cheese only works for the night they take it, the lynch protection cheese only works the day after they take it (so warp could be lynched tomorrow if it came down to it), and postblock means they can't post at all the following day.
prinny, dood
warpdragon
warpdragon
Goon
warpdragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:14 pm

Post by warpdragon »

That plan will work, but not how you described it. I guess I didnt really explain the whole hiding thing. It protects you from nightkills and the next days lynch, but you cant post the next day. So we lynch Mneme, I hide EYNH, and EYNH sells a cheese to Armlx. If Armlx takes the postblock, I lynch him, since both of you cant post but only you are lynch proof. If he takes the poison, it works the same way as you said. If he takes the doc protect, then I die, its a no lynch, it goes to night, and then you either tie by him taking the poison, or lose by him taking the postblock and you lynch him.

Vote Mneme
Show

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:32 pm

Post by armlx »

Very well. The game over now unless either of you 2 are mafia or mneme has a last ditch kill, which would be very interesting.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”