Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 5:59 am

Post by Twomz »

I think you got a misquote there kunkstar.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 8:19 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Oh, yes, but the point remains the same. Just directed at SV.

Lol at the Fate selfvote.
Welcome to the Network.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Chronopie »

kunkstar7 wrote:Meta of a few of these players is haunting me right now. Namely JS, Lowell,
Chrono.
Is this based on just 112? Because I don't have alignment metas, just role/PR metas. I play vanilla the same way I play goon. Just aim to miss with my hunting as goon.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

Chronopie (1): Leafsnail
Fate (1): Shattered Viewpoint
Lowell (4): Seraphim, Twomz, Toogeloo, Starbuck
Pittbunny (1): kunkstar7
Riceballtail (1): yabbaguy
Shattered Viewpoint (6): JacobSavage, Lowell, animorpherv1, FakeGod, Chronopie, Fate
yabbaguy (1): Ricebaltail
Not voting (1): Pittbunny

With
players alive, it takes
players to lynch.
Last edited by StrangerCoug on Fri May 14, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

SV, you call your iso 8 "Fine Scumhunting". There is a lack of scumhunting IN IT.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Leafsnail wrote:Also - stop speculating about what power roles are. NOW. You're either scum or giving scum information.
But it also gives town information, or just allows us to shed light on the situation. Why is this anti-town?
Leafsnail (post 304) wrote:If you [Chrono] don't trust your own read to find scum, why do you trust it to work out Fate's alignment when you regard him as a better player than yourself?
Is this scumhunting or critiquing a player's playstyle?

@Shattered Viewpoint: Is Fate's case really contrived to the point of scumminess?

Kunkstar beat me to questioning RBT about all that good stuff.

@Starbuck: Lowell said he had inhibitions about SV having a falseclaim PM. Why did you vote him anyway?

@all: Why is the possibility of scum having nameclaims being totally dismissed? While mod has run two large theme games, none of the roles in those games could be nameclaimed (exception: Nekometa), and thus scum couldn't have fakeclaims. Why wouldn't the mod have a fakeclaim this time through, seeing as all the roles are named?

The reason I think SV is scum is simply due to the emotional reactions he exhibited towards Fate (unnecessarily- I think blowing up like that is a speculative scumtell), and the fact that it looks too much like OMGUS to me to be voting Fate the way he did.

Am I missing something? If not...
Unvote, Vote: Shattered Viewpoint
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

@yabba: It's a possibility, but it's not very likley.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by Twomz »

Well... the vanilla sample townie had a rolename, that would lean more towards the scum getting nameclaims imo. But, that's not gonna even come into play until we get more rolenames out there and see if there are patterns (what's a VT, what's a PR, what's scum... ect).

Tomorrows my last final, I should have a lot more free time to read over and post about games after it's over. Until then... Cal III study time >.<
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by Pittbunny »

Twomz wrote:Well... the vanilla sample townie had a rolename, that would lean more towards the scum getting nameclaims imo. But, that's not gonna even come into play until we get more rolenames out there and see if there are patterns (what's a VT, what's a PR, what's scum... ect).

Tomorrows my last final, I should have a lot more free time to read over and post about games after it's over. Until then... Cal III study time >.<
Line Integrals. Know them. Well.

I don't see SC dropping safeclaims, but I don't see the harm even if he did.
"Not exactly related to the topic as a whole but what's the deal with putting quotes in your signature that have no relevance to your own life?" - Ythan

Jesters are also Decade's fault. ONORE DECADE!
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Think game balance. Forcing the scum to come up with some street object that is perchance not in the list of X vanilla PMs sent out is a ridiculously daunting task. The only fair thing to do, I would argue, is give scum a fighting chance by giving them a fake nameclaim.

If we massclaimed (Note: Let's not), I'm sure everyone would come up with a different role name.
I don't see SC dropping safeclaims, but I don't see the harm even if he did.
This has to do with SV being cleared just because he nameclaimed convincingly. Do you see where I'm going with this?

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

@Kunk: Yes, I still fully believe Yabba is the right lynch today. Too much discussion about safeclaims/massclaiming (paranoia much?), pushing a terrible wagon on SV, and outguessing the mod (and those are just from the last two posts).

@Yabba: How do you know that scum would have to come up with street object names?
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

I can't wait to tear RBT to shreds tomorrow. See you tomorrow when I'm more awake.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Riceballtail wrote:@Kunk: Yes, I still fully believe Yabba is the right lynch today. Too much discussion about safeclaims/massclaiming (paranoia much?), pushing a terrible wagon on SV, and outguessing the mod (and those are just from the last two posts).

@Yabba: How do you know that scum would have to come up with street object names?
(raises eyebrow) didn't you just say you disapproved of the discussions about claims? Then why risk further discussing claims by asking Yabba to justify himself?
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by Lowell »

yabba is right. All should read 334 before dismissing the SV votes out of hand.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

yabba may be right, but I highly doubt that even if street lamp is a fake claim, he couldn't have just posted his paraphrase at the time requested using the page 1 template since it too is vanilla.

I think any scum using a safe claim as a nilla would have just paraphrased page 1 with some random object in the streets instead of stating they were waiting for mod to affirm a proper paraphrase.

On a different topic, out of curiousity, how many people in this game are taking finals right now, because activity in general is rather lackluster.

I am semi-tempted to return this whole town to the initial suspect, Seraphim(Sens) because as much of a break as I tried to offer him and get town off him, he has rather let me down in terms of actual scum hunting and content.

Let's be clear, I still don't trust Lowell at all (nor a few people for that matter), but some people in this game are just being given too many passes at this point. What is now troubling me is that Seraphim has voted Lowell the moment he got here and hasn't moved from the vote, nor has he really commented on anything in regards to the game, though he continues to post that he will catch up later.

His last two posts in the last 6 days of this phase:
Seraphim, iso 10 wrote:Bleah, I need to reread the game, losing track of this thing fast...
Seraphim, iso 11 wrote:Prodded, no time to read this game right now, will read and update later.

And he really isn't the only player I am dissatisfied with content wise, but I am curious if the fact that this is finals week for college students might be a factor in the overall lack of participation by a good quarter or so of the player base.
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 9:08 pm

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

animorpherv1 wrote:SV, you call your iso 8 "Fine Scumhunting". There is a lack of scumhunting IN IT.
I ask questions
in that post.
I discuss my suspicions on TWO players
in that post.
I respond to things asked of me
in that post.

What other mysterious methods of scumhunting should I employ, do you think? Please, enlighten me. Also, stop misrepping me. It's getting OLD. (Not just you.)
kunkstar7 wrote:
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Rushing the day is scummy.

Vote: Fate
Do you actually believe that Fate is scummy or is this just thinly veiled OMGUS? I find it hard to see Fate as anything but an brazen townplayer.
Yes, I firmly believe
at this time
that Fate is scum.
yabbaguy wrote:@Shattered Viewpoint: Is Fate's case really contrived to the point of scumminess?
I think so. Granted, I'm not the most objective person
in this situation.

yabbaguy wrote:The reason I think SV is scum is simply due to the emotional reactions he exhibited towards Fate (unnecessarily- I think blowing up like that is a speculative scumtell), and the fact that it looks too much like OMGUS to me to be voting Fate the way he did.
I'm an overly emotional player. It's my worst trait, honestly. I can point to this completed game where I was a VT. I replaced out rather than drag town down due to my extreme emotional overreaction there.
Lowell wrote:yabba is right. All should read 334 before dismissing the SV votes out of hand.
Is this all you have?

@Toogeloo: I'm not taking finals, but I'm buried under some deadlines.
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:10 pm

Post by Starbuck »

@RBT - Why is SV town?

@Fate - Why are you in such a rush to end the day?

yabbaguy wrote:@Starbuck: Lowell said he had inhibitions about SV having a falseclaim PM. Why did you vote him anyway?
Please re-read the post where I vote for Lowell (which can be found: here), including the quote I include from him.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:23 pm

Post by Fate »

@Fate - Why are you in such a rush to end the day?
Don't you have a meta on me from last game?
SV's scummy; we wagoned him to a claim; he claimed VT; BAM HAMMAH.
We also have the added bonus of Pittbunny backing off like a scumbuddy would, so we might even get lucky and have two scum dead to rights.
I think so. Granted, I'm not the most objective person in this situation.
My case is contrived? Did you even respond to my latest questions? NO U DID NOT.
Your failmeta defense about being emotional ain't helpin' buddy.

Though Toog makes great points about Seraphim...
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:20 am

Post by Starbuck »

What does your meta from last game have to do with anything?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:53 am

Post by Chronopie »

Fate's saying that his meta indicates that, based on his similarities in play to last game, that he's town.

ofc That's a direct contradiction to his sig. :P

btw, SV is at L-2 atm.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 2:46 am

Post by Twomz »

Oh wait. I get it. I understand the point in 334, but really, that could be said for anyone who will claim in the game. I have my test in an hour and forty five minutes (ugh) after it's over I'll reread over the SV case, or look around and see if I've missed anything obvious this past week or so >.>
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 3:16 am

Post by Pittbunny »

I'm out of college for the summer, Toog. No worries as to my activity.

Working backwards.
@Chronopie - Mhm.
@Fate - I backed off of both Lowell and SV. You can use your same argument for a Pitt-Lowell pair, except that SV is a more heated individual. You still have yet to justify why a VT claim deserves a policy lynch, I would like to add.

@Toog - I'm fine with voting inactives just on principle of increasing activity in this game. We've got the same people talking for the last few pages, and that only comprises about half the players. Variety isn't a bad idea, but I worry that spending too much time nudging inactives by force is going to result in us losing overall daytime to actually hunt. Sera's vote would appear to be a relic of the Lowell wagon (perhaps as fuel to get it restarted), but yes, the "I'll catch up, honest!" posts are annoying and somewhat suspicious.

@Lowell - You don't get a free pass back in to one-liner lurkerland.

@Yabba - I would blow up too with the way Fate is pushing a lynch. It's one thing to be wagoned by reasoning (even if it's faulty). That's respectable, at the very least. A Caps Lock spree? I could see that pushing a few buttons. Emotional outbursts are to be expected in that sort of circumstance, which is why I disapprove of Fate's hunting style; it screens a lot of information that I'm used to analyzing. Yes, he flipped out excessively. This means either a disgruntled VT (as he claims) or an opportunistic scum. It's hard to differentiate between the two. Being at L-2, we might get a better idea from SV's desperation posts.

@Starbuck - As the other No-Voting player at the moment, can I hear your thoughts on the Yabba-Fate-SV triangle, if you agree that there is one? Obviously I believe this interaction exists, but I'd like a second opinion.
"Not exactly related to the topic as a whole but what's the deal with putting quotes in your signature that have no relevance to your own life?" - Ythan

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 3:32 am

Post by yabbaguy »

RBT could very well be scum just for the reasoning he's put out as to why I'm scum. It's ridiculously contrived. The following quotes are all his posts.
Too much discussion about safeclaims/massclaiming (paranoia much?)
Not scummy. Read my post again, and realize that I am actually using this as a means of at least saying that SV is not clear simply because he gave a claim. In addition to "_____ much?" being a ridiculous cliche that needs to DIAF, paranoia just isn't there. I don't know how it's scummy, and I don't know how you derive the fact that I am paranoid scum from that.
pushing a terrible wagon on SV
Unacceptably baseless accusation. Please try again.
outguessing the mod
Which is a subset of the first accusation about safeclaims. Why is that scummy? Why is it wrong, even?
OMG ROLEFISH. OH. MY. GOD. ROLEFISH.

FakeGod goes way up on the town-o-meter for catching you out on that.

I-I mean, why? Why would you ask such a question?

@Toog: You realize he claimed stoplight, not street lamp, right? I don't see where you got that latter name from.

Also, school's lightening up a tad, but I don't know if that will last.

Shattered Viewpoint is giving off vibes of a townie whose case is being pushed on him unreasonably. Considering that I would agree that the case is not airtight right now (although it was best at the time), and now I have a far greater suspect, I think it's time to roll out a new wagon.

I mean, in retrospect, anyone would hate to be trolled into a lynch. I agree with Pittbunny there. This is also in agreement with RBT that the wagon is sub-par, but that doesn't mar one bit the fact that his vote on me is asinine if mine is terrible.

Unvote, Vote: Riceballtail

*prepares for the predictable barrage of "OMG VOTEHOPPER" remarks*

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 3:42 am

Post by Pittbunny »

IGMEOY. That was suspiciously easy to get you off the SV wagon. Then again, you've been leading up to an RBT vote, but I still find the sudden change of opinion to be unsettling.
And to indulge, OMG VOTEHOPPER REMARK.

Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 4:37 am

Post by Leafsnail »

Chronopie wrote:Fate played like this in 112, he was town.

You were in 112 as well.
But I am very weary of this. I think Fate deliberately manipulates his meta. I played with Fate in Mafia in Mini 905 and he was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like this. He was town. I don't see this as a good reason to follow someone, especially since his scumhunting wasn't brilliant in the game you cite (he got you and Parama, sure, but missed me, Zito and DTM).
Chronopie wrote:
kunkstar7 wrote:Meta of a few of these players is haunting me right now. Namely JS, Lowell,
Chrono.
Is this based on just 112? Because I don't have alignment metas, just role/PR metas. I play vanilla the same way I play goon. Just aim to miss with my hunting as goon.
Bull. You were obvious mafia in 112. Nobody plays the same as town and scum.
yabba wrote:But it also gives town information, or just allows us to shed light on the situation. Why is this anti-town?
Lemme give an example.

Let's say someone says "Hey, I think all the PRs are traffic controllers!" Let's say this is true. The scum will know that, if someone agrees with it too strongly, or disagrees with it too violently, that they know what the PRs are since they ARE A PR. Geddit?
yabba wrote:Is this scumhunting or critiquing a player's playstyle?
Both, but mainly scumhunting as I don't see a townplayer following someone so blindly with such a crap reason for believing the player's towniness.
RBT wrote:@Yabba: How do you know that scum would have to come up with street object names?
STOP.
FoS: RBT
and, from now on,
FoS on anyone who tries to discuss role names and PRs

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”