AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:44 am

Post by AndyTony »

and by the way, try reading ALL the big scary words so you understand their MEANING
AndyTony wrote:Okay. You've
both argued your points well
, and
though I have my feelings toward lynching town,
I suppose it is the only way to know.

gah.... I've been working on an essay and it's after midnight lol I thought I'd be coming to this board with some happy thing to read upon that didn't rack my brain more!!!

Okay.
Vote: Millar13

Phail - thanks for your concise point of view - - Giuseppe, appreciate the clarifiction on the FoS I had earlier..

I'll be back when I can. Gonna nap.
I'm saying ALTHOUGH I hate misynches, I'm not going to let it stop me from voting what looks like scum you DOLT

C:\>votecount

Running VoteCount
TM

Giuseppe - 2 - dejkha, madeofphail

AndyTony - 1 - Empking

Empking - 0
Grimmy - 0
dejkha - 0
zwetschenwasser - 0
Pablo Molinero - 0
Zachrulez - 0
Cephrir - 0
madeofphail - 0

Not Voting: zwetschenwasser, millar13, AndyTony, Giuseppe, roflcopter, Cephrir, Pablo Molinero, Grimmy, Zachrulez

With 10 players, it takes 6 to Lynch.
"It's Not A Breeze, 'Cause It Blows Hard"
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:44 am

Post by Empking »

When did I say that quote was what I was talking about? Quotes please.

269 was not about me reading. You know that or you're a hypocritical idiot who should kill himself. Which one is it?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:46 am

Post by AndyTony »

Another loaded question AND you're missed where I quoted you, quoting ME saying "post 269" and you said "LIE" - - explain!
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:47 am

Post by Empking »

You're just going to call things loaded questions aren't you.

Its pointless to argue with you then. I'll just ignore your posts.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:51 am

Post by AndyTony »

Empking wrote:When did I say that quote was what I was talking about? Quotes please.

269 was not about me reading.
You know that or you're a hypocritical idiot who should kill himself. Which one is it?
You're not telling me to agree with you or say I'm an idiot? That's not a loaded question?

Dejkha, Zwet, and anyone with a brain - - I apologize for being so ignorant to your feeligns about this moron and am going to enjoy the rest of my birthday off of this board and out and about.

Happy trails - talk to you guys later
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:03 am

Post by dejkha »

Alright Andy, have a good one. Thanks for stopping the argument short. It's that much less Emp spam I'll have to reread later.
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Post by Empking »

dejkha wrote:Alright Andy, have a good one. Thanks for stopping the argument short.
Lie/Buddying
It's that much less Emp spam I'll have to reread later.
Just typical stupidf Dejhka.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Oh boy...

I'll sort through all this crap later.
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:09 am

Post by dejkha »

Empking wrote:
dejkha wrote:Alright Andy, have a good one. Thanks for stopping the argument short.
Lie/Buddying
^Just typical dumb shit Emp. You need to be taught a lessen in the form of your abusive parents.
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:10 am

Post by Empking »

dejkha wrote:
Empking wrote:
Lie/Buddying
^Just typical dumb shit Emp. You need to be taught a lessen in the form of your abusive parents.
Active Lurking and Insults.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:39 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

/Still here. I was away for the weekend, took Monday off, got in late last night, and mafia is blocked at work. I'll get caught up later tonight.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Giuseppe
Giuseppe
Goon
Giuseppe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:28 am

Post by Giuseppe »

Well then, I have a lot to say, now, I suppose. My absence in this game for most of the first half of Day 2 is going to make some of what I say look 'Opportunistic', but I'll clarify all of those concerns later in the post.
AndyTony wrote:I think Guiseppe is defending himself against the guilt of EMP's meta, rather than guilt in this game.
Yes! I, in my defense of Empking, was unsure of his guilt. Please recall, I was defending him from a policy lynch, as seen here:
Giuseppe wrote:Any real reason you're setting me and Zwet up to be lynched?
I hardly say that stopping a quick lynch of Empking qualifies as defending him overtly. Let him actually have a chance to be scummy before you lynch him, at the very least.
Dejkha's been conveniently leaving out the fact that at that time, I had no read on Emp's alignment. I was defending him from a Quick Lynch, not from any lynch. I'm actually going to advocate for his lynch further down in the post, as I've seen his scumminess within this game.

What's more, I was the
only
one defending him from a policy lynch at that point in the game. Copying what others have said? No. Bandwagoning? No. Following along? No.

That was initiative of my own, and it's not like it was some petty, little thing to try. Defending Empking, Lord knows, isn't a popular decision. Zwet and Dejkha's attitudes on the matter are more than a testament to that. I defended Empking because I felt that his lynch would be disadvantageous at that time. Emphasis on 'At that time'.

You'll recall that before Millar's little stunt, I had no distinct suspicions. I was trying to stop Emp from being quick lynched. With Millar's appearance, I had a suspicion, and followed up on it with all haste. When someone claims scum, why lallygag?

I find that there's a certain quandary you're placing me in through your arguments against me. Half the time what you say I do is that I follow people around, like a sheep. The other half of the time I'm being opportunistic, and making grabs where I can.

To me, these don't compute, and they fail to make accounts for what I have done to counter these.

Examples of Leadership Include:

1. Defending Empking from a quick lynch.
2. Voting Millar13 for his scum claim. *People started voting for him
after
I did, and for the same reasons*

As for opportunism, well, it's much harder to cite an example of a topic so ill-defined. It comes down to opinion whether one sees my actions as opportunistic or not. When a person claims scum, is it not right to vote them? I had no suspects before, and then I had one. Opportunism, or simply a wanting to put forth original material on someone who I thought was scum?

In the end, a lot of Dej's argument against me lies in twisting my motive: I was defending Emp from a quick lynch, not a total lynch. I was not acting sheep-like in the case against Millar, as I started it.

To continue, what about this quote:
dejkha wrote:Millar was a threat to himself, not town, or whatever faction he was on. He didn't care if he was lynched and it's extremely rare that scum will claim and truthfully give up their scumbuddy. From the moment he self voted, it should've been clear that we weren't getting anymore out of him.
If he was town, he hurts the town through his behavior. He's not an isolated player; his actions affect which ever side he's on. He was a threat to the town because he was acting anti-town, there's not much more to say about it. My questions to Millar were to at the very least try to get information: you say that when he self-voted it was hopeless, and I say that he who does not try has a 100% chance of failure.
dejkha wrote:You seem to repeat what people say, which may be due to the time in which you read the game and it's after everyone else has said everything there is to say, but your defense of Emp as a scumbuddy is
supported by the NK
Did you really just try and use the NK as a piece of evidence against me? Isn't that WIFOM out the wazoo? That sits really ill with me that you'd try to devise the motives of the scum out of the night action. Not to mention that I was defending Empking against the quick lynch, not a real lynch.

So, yeah, that's my defense. If I forgot a point, please notify me, and I'll put forward my argument.

So, my suspect? Well, here's the part where everyone screams: 'Opportunistic!' I was V/LA for a couple of days, and so thus, my opinions come late, and that really doesn't help me all that much.

That said, Empking has more than proven his lack of usefulness to the Town now, and I can and will vote for him by the end of this post. Before my argument, let me say it again: I was against his quick lynch, not his lynch for the entire game.

So, well, Empking has officially proven himself to not only be anti-Town, but also destructive to the game environment. His unexplained accusations of lies and just general OMGUS insults... *For example this quote in response to Dej*:
Empking wrote:Just typical stupidf Dejhka.
(sic)

...show that he's degenerated past the point of putting forth useful, substantive arguments. The neutral that he began with, as all players at the start of every Mafia game that I play with them do, on my ScumScale has now fallen deep into the depths of Scum and villainy.

His single sentence posts against AndyTony feel childish, unhelpful, and insulting, and they do not put forth any useful information towards the discussion. I propose the lynch of Empking not because of the fact that he is Empking, as Zwet and Dej have been advocating since the beginning, but because his behavior at this point in the game has derailed proper discussion, been inflammatory to at least one of the parties involved, and made me ashamed that I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Vote: Empking

I'm not currently aware of the vote count, and would like to have one.

Mod, Vote Count please?

On a side note, I don't approve of any of the petty name-calling going on between Empking and Dej&Co., and would request that you guys stop bickering and progress towards a more pro-Town aim than vendettas that existed outside of this game. If that means ignoring each other, so be it.
Just type Giu.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:57 am

Post by Cephrir »

Apologies in advance if any of this is redundant (it probably will be). I decided to do a little analysis without fully reading others' analysis of the same players. I think I'll be able to see things other people haven't better if I don't know what they said. It makes sense to me, 'kay? All post numbers are based on what shows up in the 'view all posts by X' function.

Giuseppe

Giuseppe 8 wrote:A quick lynch is a stupid lynch, even if it is Empking. Hell, especially if it's Emp. I mean, come on. He's scummy. We know that. But quick-lynching him for stuff we know is stupid.
Sounds like he's trying too hard to sound protown. Also, see the quote from rofl below.
Giuseppe 9 wrote:
roflcopter wrote: if emp is scum, either giuseppe or zwets is his partner

Any real reason you're setting me and Zwet up to be lynched? I hardly say that stopping a quick lynch of Empking qualifies as defending him overtly. Let him actually have a chance to be scummy before you lynch him, at the very least.
Massive overreaction. And lynching Emp before he posts totally has merit =P. (No really, now that he's posting I almost wish we'd gone through with it. Even when I've seen him in other games he hasn't been so abrasive, hypocritical and blatantly useless.)
Giuseppe wrote:Well, then that means that Empking can't very well come up scum, can he? At least that's how it looks from my perspective, using your argument.
Stupid logic.
Giuseppe wrote:That said, you did meta on Zwet, do meta on me. It's a tendency of mine, good or bad, to back out of lynches or unvote if I have any apprehensions about a lynch happening.
Asking to be meta'd is scummy.
Giuseppe (response to millar's scum claim) wrote:Don't claim scum if you don't mean it. Lynch all scum, lynch all liars.
Sounds like he knows millar will be town, although to be fair there were several people who did that.

I'm noticing that he's being attacked fairly heavily by roflcopter... I think his death kinda points to the possibility of the Giuseppe-Emp pairing that he was mentioning since that's the only huge reason I can see that anyone would choose to kill him. I don't usually like speculating on nightkill motives but, meh. Not like it really makes much difference that I'm pointing this out since I think the Emp-Giuseppe links are obvious enough that either would come under pressure if the other ever flipped scum.
Giuseppe wrote:Keep in mind, I'm not sure you'll save yourself. But make sure you get your opinions on the game out into the open before you're lynched. Reread the game, and put out some words, as if they were the last you'd have.
I pointed this out yesterday, this is obv coaching of millar. Scum tactic used to sound townie? I don't see why he'd be giving honest advice to someone he appears to believe is scum.

Post 29 sounds fake/forced.
Giuseppe 41 wrote:1. My treatment of Millar was in the hopes of drawing useful information out of an erratic player who was heading towards a lynch. If he claimed a scum buddy, got lynched, flipped scum, that would have been good, no?
Could you show me how you were doing this? I don't see it.

PS: This sounds like I'm convinced Giuseppe is scum; I'm not. Actually a reread makes me feel better about him since most of what I saw was little things. Obviously if Empking ever flips scum he'll merit a second glance but I'm not particularly inclined to put my vote here. If we want to investigate the Emp-Giuseppe thing, Emp is a vastly better lynch because he's useless and obnoxious. But I don't think lynching based on a pairing that's alive in its entirety is bad play. It's entirely possible that his defense of Empking was an attempt to sound to sound protown that has nothing to do with Empking's alignment too. Hasn't been causing too many waves which isn't great but I'm guilty of the same, so meh.

tl;dr: Roughly neutral.

PPE:
Giuseppe wrote:Dejkha's been conveniently leaving out the fact that at that time, I had no read on Emp's alignment.
And your point is?
Giuseppe wrote:That was initiative of my own, and it's not like it was some petty, little thing to try. Defending Empking, Lord knows, isn't a popular decision.
Way to exaggerate your merits :wink:
Giuseppe wrote:Did you really just try and use the NK as a piece of evidence against me? Isn't that WIFOM out the wazoo?
To a point, but there can still be something gained by thinking about who wants to kill X.
Giuseepe wrote:That sits really ill with me that you'd try to devise the motives of the scum out of the night action.
"It sits really ill with me that you'd try to figure out what the scum are trying to do based on the one thing we know they did." Huh?

And of course you picked Empking when pressured for a suspect. If you're hypothetically scum together you pretty much have to right? I read this as possible distancing. And if it's not then you've basically just picked who you find most likely to be scum based on what they're
not
doing. Yes Empking is unhelpful and likely to stay that way. But as a top suspect? Not that you're the only one who seems to take this viewpoint, so this is more directed at all those suspicious of Empking. Empking by definition can't really be far below neutral because he hasn't done anything overtly scummy. The people attacking Emp IMO are saying everyone else seems protown. Which isn't to say I won't fall into the same camp if I don't find anything compelling looking back, but an Empwagon strikes me as lazy scumhunting.
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:17 am

Post by dejkha »

You said earlier
Giuseppe wrote:I mean, come on. He's scummy. We know that. But quick-lynching him for stuff we know is stupid.
The reasons I was voting for him was based on past game experience which came to the following and more that you didn't mention (which he has also done in this game):
Giuseppe wrote:his behavior at this point in the game has derailed proper discussion, been inflammatory to at least one of the parties involved
He does it every game and you seemed be aware of it by saying "He's scummy. We know that". What made you think he would change in this game rather than any other one he's ever played? Was it just me or were other people voting Emp at first based on past experience with him that included the reasons Giuseppe had given? I'd actually like to hear from people that voted Emp at the beginning.
Giuseppe wrote:Dejkha's been conveniently leaving out the fact that at that time, I had no read on Emp's alignment. I was defending him from a Quick Lynch, not from any lynch. I'm actually going to advocate for his lynch further down in the post, as I've seen his scumminess within this game.
You've played with Emp before, so since you said "he's scummy" at the beginning of the game, how is he scummy and how does it differ from the reasons you're voting for him and your experience with him from other games?
Giuseppe wrote:Did you really just try and use the NK as a piece of evidence against me? Isn't that WIFOM out the wazoo? That sits really ill with me that you'd try to devise the motives of the scum out of the night action. Not to mention that I was defending Empking against the quick lynch, not a real lynch.
I used the NK as support for the reasons Phail mentioned. But like I said, Phail was my initial suspect on Day one, so if you flip town then I'll bet Phail was describing his own actions to frame you.
Giuseppe wrote:When a person claims scum, is it not right to vote them? I had no suspects before, and then I had one. Opportunism, or simply a wanting to put forth original material on someone who I thought was scum?

In the end, a lot of Dej's argument against me lies in twisting my motive: I was defending Emp from a quick lynch, not a total lynch. I was not acting sheep-like in the case against Millar, as I started it.
I don't think I said you were just rephrasing everything that people were saying about Emp and Millar. And my problem with you voting for Millar wasn't that you followed the wagon, nor do I think I said so, but that you said it in a way that would persuade people to lynch him without question by saying "Lynch all scum, lynch all liars" which to me sounds like saying "Lynch him with no questions asked".

I'm not trying to use word play or something, but while you did say you were against a quick lynch, you never said anything to make clear that you'd be willing to lynch him and I assumed you didn't want to since Emp never changes his scummy play and you should know it.

Since you voted Emp, it'll only reinforce your connection to him if you flip scum because it would be seen as obvious distancing.

zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:22 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Just out of curiosity, how old are you, Emp?

In other news, I don't want an Empking lynch to be solely a policy one. He hasn't make specific scummy statements, and therefore shouldn't be lynched yet.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:24 am

Post by dejkha »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Just out of curiosity, how old are you, Emp?

In other news, I don't want an Empking lynch to be solely a policy one. He hasn't make specific scummy statements, and therefore shouldn't be lynched yet.
Emp, make sure you're truthful about your age, because the older you say you are, the worse it'll look.

Zwet, we can't leave him until lylo. That would not be smart.

zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:26 am

But there's no solid case on him. Not one scumtell.
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:29 am

Post by dejkha »

There's tons of scumtells he's let out, but you can't tell because it's a nulltell for him and that's the problem. In lylo, you won't be able to read him and he can easily escape while being scum. That's why when judging Emp, you don't do it by looking at his play, but everyone elses.

zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:32 am

? So... if everyone else thinks Emp is scum he MUST be scum? What are you trying to say?
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:34 am

Post by dejkha »

zwetschenwasser wrote:? So... if everyone else thinks Emp is scum he MUST be scum? What are you trying to say?
No, you see how other people reaction to him and his play.

madeofphail
madeofphail
Goon
madeofphail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:47 am

Post by madeofphail »

Happy Birthday Andy Tony
! 3/24/09
(sorry I can't make it pretty colors, I would get modkilled for that)
The name is quite fitting, don't you think?
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:08 pm

How does that dictate whether or not to lynch him?
madeofphail
madeofphail
Goon
madeofphail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by madeofphail »

Alright, So from what I am to understand here, the people accusing me of being scum are using the following evidence:

1).my post which was against millar when I (according to pretty much everyone else) incorrectly saw a contradiction. It was wrong of me to say there was a contradiction in his statements, what I should have stated was that I do not believe that self-voting is helpful in any situation. With that, I voted millar. Millars further actions seemed to incriminate him further, and I thought that I had no reason to remove my vote, or my suspicion of him. To put it simply, I used my vote when I saw a scumtell (i probably was jumping the gun there). And his persisting actions labeled him as scum in my eyes, or at least anti-town.

If I understand correctly, you either think I am scum because I jumped on the bandwagon. To which I say nay. I voted for him early, and simply had no reason to change, or unvote, as he kept incriminating himself.
If
one were to put it comically one would say, "Phail was voting for millar before it was cool.", which is to say before Millar claimed scum.

2). I put a vote on Giuseppe because Rofl was killed, and the people he was gunning for were emp, and giuseppe. Therefore, I believe that the mafia killed him to eliminate accusations against them. I now realize that what I am implying is that the mafia are stupid, and if they were giuseppe and/or empking, they would only be putting more suspicion on themselves, and this is not what they would do. Therefore, my post which "justified" voting for giuseppe is invalid proof. I did not think that far through. My error in judgement is directing negative attention to me.

If I understand correctly. you believe that I am scum trying to misdirect the town into voting giuseppe because
If
I was scum, I killed rofl and am currently trying to frame giuseppe. I made an error in judgement, which is my no means excusable. My first error in judgement contributed to a mislynch, and I now fear that my judgement in this day may cause yet another mislynch. I do not want a mislynch, and since my reasoning was insufficient there is no reason for me to persist my vote.

Unvote
The name is quite fitting, don't you think?
Giuseppe
Giuseppe
Goon
Giuseppe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by Giuseppe »

Dej wrote:Since you voted Emp, it'll only reinforce your connection to him if you flip scum because it would be seen as obvious distancing.
I apologize, but I don't find anyone else scummy, at the moment. My V/LA made it difficult for me to have any say in the matter up until this point, and I can't exactly vote for someone I don't find scummy. Allow me to reread the game, and I'll produce another suspect, if Empking doesn't satisfy you all. It seems like distancing, yes. Is it distancing? No.

My vote to Empking is based around the severity of his Ad Hom this game. In my previous game, he was much, much more mild with his critiques. These seem defensive, angry, and scummier than he played before.

I, once I finish my homework, will reread the topic and find Empking's partner, and post my findings.
Just type Giu.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:18 pm

Who thinks you're scum?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”