US Election 08 Mafia(Someone has won, has America lost?)

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

That wasn't my exact words, but yeah, something like that. We've got to get a wagon on someone going before deadline sneaks up on us, and I don't have any better leads at the moment, so I'm fine with a max wagon.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by Yaw »

Which is a good point in itself.
Mod: Can we have an extension on the deadline to compensate for site downtime?
Success breeds suspicion
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

:o Oh Noes!!! MY POST WENT BOOM! :cry:

Lets try again.
Lets see here.

Basically the important bit was
Short version because I like paraphrasing:
max: durr... I think there might be two mafia factions
others: hmmm!? (fos and such go here)
Yaw: well it is something to keep in mind (goes to push zwet wagon)
others: yeah, zwet is suspicious! (fos and votes go here)

vote: max
fos: yaw

Presuming two mafia factions = scummy.
Yaw quickly changes the subject

@volkan (Young Edgeworth! obvscum! jk): dispite what others have said, I dislike your scum reader thing. I like posting and post frequently. Your method punishes those who post more (minor scumtells build up quickly) and rewards those who lurk (less scumtells to build up).

Oh yeah, and Hello everyone.
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

double post: just like last time
I am pro nat-vigging
Unless there is a reason we shouldn't/can't
Show
Win-Loss
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

I"M ALIVE!!! Not really.

Alright. I tried to post monday like I said I would, but as soon as I finished a post for one of my other games, the site went down, so there ya go.

@Mod: Also, if there is any way I could have a temp replacement (cuz I doubt you'd let me be V/LA for 2 weeks while I send my laptop in for repairs) I would really appreciate it. If the replacement has to be permanent, then I guess it can't be helped, but I'd like to stick around.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Badguy
Badguy
Townie
Badguy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by Badguy »

vollkan wrote:
Badguy wrote: I actualy buy the roleclaim made by zwetschenwasser. If he had said Barack Obama or another big name in the election, I would be still for his lynching but Wolf Blitzer is believable and so is his reason for why he is in the game.
Why would a big name be less believable?

(And where is your avatar from? I
know
I have seen it somewhere before, and it's bugging me like crazy trying to work out where)
My thought process was that scum would use a bigger election name instead of thinking up a more indirect person that influenced the election.

(Vi already answered that my avatar is Ultros from FFVI.)
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Yos:
Any *other* leads, or any *better* leads?

Vi:
Vi [318] wrote:
EmpTyger 317 wrote:Where did zwet not read the topic?
Not answering posts aimed directly at him would seem to indicate this.
Or it could indicate him being mafia. Why would you not only assume that he has a legitimate explanation, but publicly assign him it?
Vi [cont] wrote:
EmpTyger 317 wrote:Weren’t you the one arguing that Natirasha’s behavior wasn’t suspicious? (At least, until he accused you?)
Yes. After reading your argument against me, I performed a complex psychological maneuver commonly called "changing my mind".
If you felt you were wrong, any reason you didn’t feel any reason to say so or otherwise indicate it? Right now it seems like you’re pulling this out of nowhere because it happens to give you an alibi.
Vi [cont] wrote:Are you particularly suspicious of me?
Yes.

Nikelaos:
Still would like to know you think suspicious, but also, what specifically did Badguy do to seem protown to you?

Magnus:
Was there anything in your lost post regarding anyone else? Don't worry about being comprehensive, just quickly go through the playerlist and 1-sentence would be fine.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:17 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

No, except you (emptyger) look particularly depseprate every time to get the fastest lynch LOL.
Show
Win-Loss
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by charter »

I'm on vacation, I get back sat and I can read up, sorry.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

BTW I misread the question. That wasn't originally in my post, I just wanted to say it.
Show
Win-Loss
Stephen Colbert
Stephen Colbert
Townie
Stephen Colbert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:41 pm

Post by Stephen Colbert »

Yaw wrote:Which is a good point in itself.
Mod: Can we have an extension on the deadline to compensate for site downtime?
Absolutely. I was just going to get to that, but it's been pretty crazy for me the past day or two while the site was down. I'll check on prods tomorrow, but extend the deadline until the 22nd.
Kairyuu wrote:
@Mod: Also, if there is any way I could have a temp replacement (cuz I doubt you'd let me be V/LA for 2 weeks while I send my laptop in for repairs) I would really appreciate it. If the replacement has to be permanent, then I guess it can't be helped, but I'd like to stick around.
I'll do my best, but it's hard to find temp replacements.

Vote count soon(I hope)
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:01 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

Thanks for the extension Mr. Colbert.

Yaw, answer my riddle
for it is very true
A subject which you fiddled
makes the suspicious one you.

What were your reasons?
Show
Win-Loss
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:19 pm

Post by Yaw »

Reasons for?

Yeah, I lost a post in the crash responding to yours. But at the point I was writing it, I realized I had lost track of precisely what Max had said that charter called him on (yes, regarding multiple scum groups, but I forget the exact wording and it does matter), and at that point I may as well just reread everything since I was going to do that anyway.

The most important point, though, was that the comment by Max came while we were in the process of bandwagoning zwet, not before. So holding off on dealing with that issue temporarily was a good idea then. After all, we can only lynch one person at a time.
Success breeds suspicion
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:35 pm

Post by vollkan »

Magnus wrote: @volkan (Young Edgeworth! obvscum! jk): dispite what others have said, I dislike your scum reader thing. I like posting and post frequently. Your method punishes those who post more (minor scumtells build up quickly) and rewards those who lurk (less scumtells to build up).
(If young Edgeworth is obvscum, I hate to think what that makes your deformed Phoenix)

Anyway, my ranking method itself does "punish" frequent posters but I don't.

To explain how that works, I'll refer to a recent game of mine which illustrates it perfectly: Death Note Mafia. I was a pro-town post-restriction giver. Come the final day, I had to choose between two people for the lynch - one who was somewhat scummy and had posted a reasonable amount, and another who had basically lurked the entire game. If I went on my rankings alone, the former would have been my pick. But, factoring in the "uncertainty" (for want of a better term) that lurking creates, I voted for the lurked instead. The lurker was the SK.

Basically, my rankings reflect my view of the scumminess of what people post. However, in deciding who to lynch, I do, when necessary, deviate from the rankings to take account of lurking in order to avoid the precise problem you identify.
Badguy wrote: My thought process was that scum would use a bigger election name instead of thinking up a more indirect person that influenced the election.
Wouldn't it make much more sense as a scum strategy to claim a more indirect person? Since claiming a big name would very likely risk a counter-claim, whereas claiming a lesser, but still plausible name, would be a much safer bet.
Magnus wrote: Yaw, answer my riddle
for it is very true
A subject which you fiddled
makes the suspicious one you.
What are you talking about?
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:49 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

i made it rhyme lol. I was asking what yaw's reasons were for changing the subject.
(And my pheonix happens to be from the official art. :P )

Unfortuneately, Volkan, you lost Death Note Mafia, If I recall. And if you use the system, and then admit that it rewards lurkers, wouldn't that mean you reward lurkers? It is your system, right?

And discussing the name claim in such a way is wifom and only reveals how many steps ahead you think. :wink:
Show
Win-Loss
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:33 pm

Post by vollkan »

Magnus wrote: Unfortuneately, Volkan, you lost Death Note Mafia, If I recall.
Yeah, but I was voting for the scumbag at the end. And, anyway, the point of my referring to Death Note Mafia was to show you that I do diverge from the numbers where lurking becomes relevant
Magnus wrote: And if you use the system, and then admit that it rewards lurkers, wouldn't that mean you reward lurkers? It is your system, right?
As I said in my previous post:
The system rewards lurking. But the system is not the sole basis upon which I make decisions. 9 times out of 10, I will follow the system, but their are exceptions, and Death Note illustrates how I deal with lurking as an exception to the system.
Magnus wrote: And discussing the name claim in such a way is wifom and only reveals how many steps ahead you think
It's not really wifom. Scum might plausibly claim a big name in the hopes of catching a PR. However, I'd more expect scum to claim a lesser role in the hopes of furthering their own survival.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:12 am

Post by Vi »

EmpTyger 331 wrote:Or it could indicate him being mafia. Why would you not only assume that he has a legitimate explanation, but publicly assign him it?
"Not reading the topic" is a legitimate explanation to you?
I think zwetschenwasser has been very scummy, but at the same time suspect this is at least partly based on being accustomed to how Mafia is played on another site. I call lynchalicious.
EmpTyger 331 wrote:If you felt you were wrong, any reason you didn’t feel any reason to say so or otherwise indicate it? Right now it seems like you’re pulling this out of nowhere because it happens to give you an alibi.
Vi 116.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:14 am

Post by Idiotking »

Zwet still seems scummy, but Vi's seemed kinda scummy to me too, mostly because of how adamantly he wanted to pull me out of my safezone. Then again, if he's even a little bit aggressive, of course he'd get angry at a lurker, so I guess that makes sense.
Nikelaos
Nikelaos
Townie
Nikelaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:16 am

Post by Nikelaos »

Emp wrote:Nikelaos:
Still would like to know you think suspicious, but also, what specifically did Badguy do to seem protown to you?
Badguy wrote:Badguy wrote:
Finally zwetschenwasser, can you please give me a more detailed reason to why you are voting for Vi? Could you also tell me how a cop would go about leaving us "breadcrumbs" to Nat's innocence if he was to investigate him tonight without getting killed the following night?

Since you completely changed your mind and you now think Vi is pro town, tell me who now this is scum besides Nat.

zwetschenwasser wrote:
Also, my cop posts were mainly intended to misdirect mafia into thinking that I wasn't the cop, and stay alive at least for Night 1. And I was bandwagoning into the vig idea proposed earlier at the same time, to give my opinion a less random vibe. I can only hope you believe me and give me a doc protect, cuz I'm gonna need it if you don't kill me.

What reason did scum have to think you were a cop?
In particular I felt this post to have a town vibe, enough for me to unvote a vote I made based off of a weak argument regarding his nameclaim. His subsequent defense of zwet based on his nameclaim shows that he clearly gives too much weight to names in this game, but it's consistent and I don't find it all that scummy. It could still be, but there isn't enough information for me to accuse him.

As for who I think is suspicious, I don't suspect anyone very strongly right now. Max's assumption of two scum factions is suspicious, but not the most unreasonable thing in the world. I feel charter is town judging by this post:
Doh, I am a fool. Zwet, in your role PM, what kind of election do you want? Don't quote it or do something to get yourself modkilled
He probably asked zwet this to confirm him based off of his own role PM. There are no guarantees, but I think he is town because of this, and thus your attacks on him are a bit suspicious, but in the end they really don't mean too much. Add the consensus regarding zwet (and his claim) and those are my opinions right now.

I don't mind a wagon building on Max too much, but I'm not going to vote for him right now.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:25 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Alright. My apologies in advance, since I will try to make the mod's life easier by sticking around. I'll be as active as I can, but I can't promise much activity. Maybe a post per day if I can manage to.

Alright. I'll start with an
unvote
and
vote:Max
for the IIoA earlier (which I didn't have time to comment on when it happened). I still like zwet as scum, but as has been mentioned already, lynching a claimed cop D1 is a horrendous play.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:36 am

Post by Yaw »

Idiotking wrote:Zwet still seems scummy, but Vi's seemed kinda scummy to me too, mostly because of how adamantly he wanted to pull me out of my safezone. Then again, if he's even a little bit aggressive, of course he'd get angry at a lurker, so I guess that makes sense.
Explain. What do you mean by "safezone"? If by "safezone", you mean "not posting", then why do you feel you should be allowed to slide by?
Success breeds suspicion
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Safezone as in not posting and merely observing, yes. I felt I needed to acclimatize myself with the players before I said something that made that could be seen as a scumtell, since those obviously pop up everywhere here.

But that's basically lurking, which is why I said it'd be understandable if he were a townie and went after me for doing so.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

The most important point, though, was that the comment by Max came while we were in the process of bandwagoning zwet, not before. So holding off on dealing with that issue temporarily was a good idea then. After all, we can only lynch one person at a time.
Yaw, are you saying here that you were more concerned with the momentum of the lynch then with investigating a possibly scummy individual?! :shock:
Show
Win-Loss
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by Vi »

Idiotking 342 wrote:Zwet still seems scummy, but Vi's seemed kinda scummy to me too, mostly because of how adamantly he wanted to pull me out of my safezone. Then again, if he's even a little bit aggressive, of course he'd get angry at a lurker, so I guess that makes sense.
How is pulling you out of your comfort zone
scummy
; that is, more likely to indicate that I am scum?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by Idiotking »

It's not. What bothers me is that you were as determined as you were about it. Hence why I notice aggressiveness from you.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”