I love the 90's Cartoons - Game over all hail The Brain!

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #3175 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:34 am

Post by Porochaz »

*Fuji

I tried with lylo, I hope you see that OS.

Maybe people who found Jal to be obvscum could explain why?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Fujiko
Fujiko
Goon
Fujiko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3176 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:40 am

Post by Fujiko »

In post 3175, Porochaz wrote:*Fuji

I tried with lylo, I hope you see that OS.

Maybe people who found Jal to be obvscum could explain why?

No worries - it's ok. Sorry I had to vent there.
You took the time you felt you needed to. :)
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #3177 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:42 am

Post by Porochaz »

To be honest I was frustrated at work, trying to get done for the holidays and get online to at least read, then I was told to disconnect from the network, then shut the computer down, meaning not only did I not have time for the game, but I left a fuckload to do for my cover.
Fujiko
Fujiko
Goon
Fujiko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3178 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:55 am

Post by Fujiko »

Or that you had to, due to life -- either way, it's ok.
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3179 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:29 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

Poro, i an't mad at ya..
it was a tough call..and Jal played an extremely well end game...
like i said, i get paranoid and tend overthink the hell out of shit during end game..
and i think that its something i have to work on as it usually works against me...

everyone from the sidelines can say it should have been easy, but i know what it's like to second guess yourself over and over..
again, i think the circumstances could have been better...the last minute time crunch when you told me what you wanted me to say to convince you, coupled with me not being able to get to a computer to properly address everything didn't help at all...

i was hoping you would really read my ISO and see that i was town...

no worries...it was a tough game to lose...

Again, Props to Jal and MichelSableheart...
- Sword of Omens -
Claiming at L-4 since 2011
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3180 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:48 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

I still don't care about this game, and no idea why I decided rip replace in in the first place, not that it matters.

I probably would have done the same thing in lylo, that prove I'm town thing based on oversoul wanting to conceal information looked like the highest level profiteering ever.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3181 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:17 pm

Post by Jal »

This game isn't as clear cut as Poro choosing wrong and scum should have lost. I disagree. There were a series of incidents that lead to a scum win which doesn't just rely on Poro, and I'm a bit pissed people are trying to make it like it was and cheapen the scum victory. It's also much easier to sit in the GY and judge than to be in the game itself where things sometimes aren't as obvious.

Nero bused me perfectly. No one was suspicious of it - and trust me, Lastsurvivor can tell you first hand how he's seen me do that as scum to him horribly and be lynched for it following his death. He did well for how long he was in the game. MSH and Amrun were both aggressive and able to help keep town away from lynching Nero for two days, with a little help from Seanald D2.

MSH was caught by CKD, but was able to deflect major suspicion for several days by the rest of town.

Sword was right - I was trying my best to prevent Pere from being lynched, even if that meant lynching another partner. We needed Pere alive to give the necklace to CKD. We knew Rach's role at this point, so when she said she thought everyone would be safe overnight we knew we had to keep Pere alive at least one more day. The following day, MSH continued to keep suspicion at bay. Towards the end of the day I voted for Paid_Pyro, which started the ball rolling on his lynch.

We decided to clear Pere to get suspicion off of him, mislynch another player, and then use the janitor the following day. Obviously, this didn't go off as well as planned and we were stuck. If Pere were lynched, MSH would probably be auto lynched the next day for lying - he was already getting some votes. We made a counter wagon out of Cheery dog and it got pushed for the mislynch. I was trying my hardest to make that slot look bad.

Town had tried to lynch Pere twice at this point, but every time the bandwagon switched off to someone else.

After MSH's lynch, scum were facing an uphill battle. D9 and N9 is what decided who would ultimately win the game.

After MSH died,
by all means Pere should have been lynched the next day.
D9 was purely a case of town not wanting to lynch obvious scum. MSH chose the Rachel kill D7 because she seemed to be a universal town read and I agreed because that was one person who was really gung-ho for killing Pere. Also, Rach and Lastsurvivor practically act as masons/a voting bloc of their own. The next night, I made the decision to kill Fujiko. Part of this was due to us screwing up the janitoring on Fujiki and I was upset, she was a strong town asset and also: she was gung-ho for a Pere lynch.

We were basically eliminating Pere's enemies at this point.

Oversoul starting an out of nowhere wagon on Lastsurvivor was a blessing. Seanald of course followed. Sword hammering Lastsurvivor was a godsend and 100% unexpected. I guess my busing did work out for me and cause second-guessing (I hate busing). Pere also played well this day. He wasn't lurking, seemed very chill with his wagon, and put up the appearance he was helping catch dem scum. Also it didn't make sense for for anyone to doubt Poro's claim after Oversoul was given the double vote. Looking at you here Oversoul. Doubt on Poro's alignment was the entire thing that carried me to D11 instead of making a Pere+Jal pairing a poe slam dunk. By D11, I only needed to worry about Sword, as Seanald didn't matter anymore, and Oversoul was dead. Thankfully, no one really challenged the ridiculousness of Poro not being cleared except Pere.

We killed off the last Pere opposition: Lucky. I kind of regret not killing Oversoul. We knew Oversoul was a PR and MSH guessed cop right away. I kept hoping he wasn't or his PR had weird limitations. I thought him only being able post pictures also didn't make him a threat. Didn't work out in my favor. I don't know how well things would have turned out if we killed him otherwise though. I may have been on the chopping block and maybe Pere would have gone into Lylo. I don't know.

Killed Oversoul next as only Sword seriously thought he may have been scum. Also, Oversoul would be able to speak properly and I didn't want him coaching town. I did consider a Seanald kill instead, if only to not see his posts.

I went into LYLO and MYLO with a ton of suspicion on me. No one thought I was actually town, and we still won. It seemed so hopeless (at least to me), that Pere and I were discussing me killing him and claim PGO or one shot or something. Point is, it took a series of directing mislynches and choosing the right people to kill and bring to LYLO in order to even get to this point. We messed up at several points, as you'll read in our QT, but we did get the job done, and I don't think Poro deserves all this blame.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3182 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Post by Jal »

Here is our QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/zEgjJt89xZvDR.

Note: We didn't role cop KMD. We straight out killed him for being really townie and a threat. Lucked in with him being a PR.

Sword, you were right on several things. Unfortunately, you weren't as active as others in the thread and I think some larger personalities overshadowed you. You were town the entire game though. I really couldn't place anything on you and I really wanted to. I was just really desperate in the end. The one thing I legitimately had on you was the LS lynch, and that's after going back and trying to find something there.

I think the timing of the last two weeks hurt you. The thread started on a Friday and you went v/la shortly. I got a small reply in (I was trying to look active as I knew Poro would yell at me) and took until Monday to get my case out. I didn't respond to you until Thursday night when... you went v/la again and then I guess you got busy.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3183 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:54 pm

Post by farside22 »

Farside. I know you like your odd roles and complex games, and I know scum won, but this game really should have gone to town on balance alone. To me, it seems extremely in towns favour.

I did have it reviewed. I felt as the game went on it was unbalanced against scum but I had hoped the few bit of info they had before doing anything helped them. A backup mafia player, an inventor that can get rid of superman's ability to be bullet proof, a role cop, a role blocker.
Yes the lie dector is big, however the role was investigated by the scum because of the post restriction and the post restriction was on purpose so if the lie dector got results he couldn't spill the beans without ramification.

As for oversoul I can't begin to tell you how difficult replacements were. I really started to think about giving the game up with the number of replacements this game. Two roles I had to replace 3 times. That is rediculous and as the pages grew, finding a replacement was harder and harder. I didn't have a single person respond to wanting to replace when I requested in the Queue I took Oversoul because he could do it.

Next up I want to thank Nobody Special for helping me out during this game. I know things where going crazy for you during the last few weeks of this game. I really appriecate that you stepped in when I asked and helped me in this game.
I also want to thank all those that did replace and stuck it out. I know this game was going long and the only thing I was sorry about was not creating a SK.

Unfortantely with everything going on in my life a lot of notes on what happened on what day does not exsist.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #3184 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:17 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Jal you played really well, and thanks for the vote of confidence.

I dont feel I played well, I can understand some of the criticism Im getting (although PM is a bit OTT) I made some weird ass decisions but a lot of that was keeping options open, Im getting paranoid in my old age?

MS immediately deciding to fakeclaim rolecop was an interesting one. Oh he actually got roles as well... Im happy that scum didnt see the sword thing...

Oversoul did you actually ever investigate sword?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3185 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:17 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3184, Porochaz wrote:Jal you played really well,

QFT
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #3186 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:25 pm

Post by RachMarie »

I thought PM was a bit too harsh too.

Nice to know I caused some concerns for the scum team LOL. I used my ability when I did because I figured if I did not I would not get a chance because I would either be dead or mislynched.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3187 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:41 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

I just want to say Jal did really well, since I'm pretty sure if I went to lylo we would have lost.

Jal did a great summary. You can see it all in our QT also. MSH coming out with the double-check claim on me threw us for a loop. Hopefully he comes in here and can clear up his thoughts behind it.

Never did get the dead QT link. :(

Poro you did fine. If you had decided to flip a coin your odds would have been 50/50. However, having been the chooser before and picking wrong, you do feel down on yourself for a few days. But, it is just a game and playing is the best part.

I think 12 days is a record for normal-type games I've played in. :!:

@Farside- Thanks for running it, even when it would have been easier for you to abandon it. Also threw me when you posted the role PMs. Ouch!!
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #3188 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:57 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Hey, ask Tierce, when we played at Scumburgh, I was the chooser in lylo 3 times with her. Every single time I lynched her. Every single time I was wrong.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #3189 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:57 pm

Post by Porochaz »

She basically hated me by the end.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #3190 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:08 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 3189, Porochaz wrote:She basically hated me by the end.
<3

It's okay.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3191 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:32 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Jal wrote:Nero bused me perfectly. No one was suspicious of it - and trust me, Lastsurvivor can tell you first hand how he's seen me do that as scum to him horribly and be lynched for it following his death.

Yup, I was definitely fooled by Nero's bus. :/
Also lol @ you reminding me of my worst scum game ever :(

In post 3181, Jal wrote:Also, Rach and Lastsurvivor practically act as masons/a voting bloc of their own.

I'm pretty good at discerning Rach's alignment. ^_^
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3192 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Post by saulres »

@Mod
: You're going to post the final two flips, yeah? I very much enjoyed the writeups on the characters I know and want to complete the set :D
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3193 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:08 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 3184, Porochaz wrote:Jal you played really well, and thanks for the vote of confidence.

I dont feel I played well, I can understand some of the criticism Im getting (although PM is a bit OTT) I made some weird ass decisions but a lot of that was keeping options open, Im getting paranoid in my old age?

MS immediately deciding to fakeclaim rolecop was an interesting one. Oh he actually got roles as well... Im happy that scum didnt see the sword thing...

Oversoul did you actually ever investigate sword?

Fun fact.

Investigations were....

PMysterious Night 1 (that was predecessor's choice)
Seanald Night 3 (roleblocked by Nero, this is why I was playing "dumb" in saying that PM was probably roleblocked for his kill or something)
MSH Night 5 (blocked by RachMarie's Mass Commuter)
Seanald Night 7 because I KNEW he was going to be mislynch fodder and needed the confirmation if I died. Not gonna lie Poro you were really the main drive in me investigating him since I knew I could not convince of you anything
Peregrine Night 9

Sword's awkward "test out the PR" was really weird, yes, but not fucking scummy at all.

The god damn mafia ROLECOPPED me. How do his actions make sense coming from scum?

I will give credit that MSH and Jal played the best for their team especially with MSH's little protection of Jal as soon as I replaced in and then later Jal's protection of Pere, but in all honesty the mafia played like crap.

I didn't immediately counterclaim MSH because I felt like a useless PR because I didn't have any results that would matter. I still feel that this was the best maneuver for town in the end bringing the game to 3p LyLo.

Farside bringing me in for the second time was lulz as hell. I really enjoyed devastating the scum and getting to rip everyone a new one by becoming essentially confirmed town.

Hint: I'm an asshole by nature and actively work to not display this nature on the internet, but do things I don't like and I won't hesitate (this is why Poro and I were butting heads during the game).

I don't blame Poro. I mean its only a game and I poured all of my effort into this game for a while and it sucks that we lost but I've been there already. Once in Oxymoron Mafia where we lost to yet another undeserving faction and once in Flame Warriors where Regfan pretty much had the same type of play as Poro did here.

But, welp. What can you do?

For what it is worth, Sword will do very obvious townie things when he is town.

I thought he was a hard player to read in other games I've spectated but he is easily one of the most transparent town players on this site. Not that I've had the option to play with him as scum and judge his scum ability there.

Seanald - you are too impressionable. Be your own player and make your own ways. I appreciated the unwavering support, really I did, but it wasn't making you useful for town beyond an extension of myself. :|

Farside - No more picture PRs! :P

Fujiko - You are a very good player I hope to see you around when I come back.

Poro - don't give up, sometimes these things happen. Don't give up. Maybe time away will help things.

Farside - I hope things turn out for the better in the meat world! I know you've been very busy and things.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3194 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:16 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Also, the vitriolic hate towards Poro is really unwarranted. 1) it's a game, and 2) what gives you the right to be more angry than me?

Food for thought.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3195 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:30 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 3183, farside22 wrote:
Next up I want to thank Nobody Special for helping me out during this game. I know things where going crazy for you during the last few weeks of this game. I really appriecate that you stepped in when I asked and helped me in this game.

Anytime! It was (mostly) fun; I wish I could've done more.

In post 3167, Lastsurvivor wrote:Hard to imagine this game went on for six months. o.O

And two (three?) backup mods.

In post 3193, Oversoul wrote:Once in Oxymoron Mafia where we lost to yet another undeserving faction

<3
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3196 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 3192, saulres wrote:
@Mod
: You're going to post the final two flips, yeah? I very much enjoyed the writeups on the characters I know and want to complete the set :D

Sure (I hope farside doesn't mind):

Jal:
Pinkyandthebrain wrote:Image

TV Show: Men In Black
Character: Drekk
Flavor: You are an alien who has a long criminal record, reffered to as a "rap sheet longer than Van Allen's belt", according to Chief Zed. He broke out of the Alpha-Centuri Maximum Security wing, after being a certified psycho felon and former cell-mate of Frank the Pug. You shoot fire out of the palms of his hands and likes to plan getting even with everyone that has crossed him since the first grade.
Role Mafia Goon
Ability: You can perform the hit for the group. You may also communicate with your scum group Mafia chat QT
Win Condition: You win when The Brain Mafia equal or outnumber the town and nothing can prevent this

Porochaz:
Pinkyandthebrain wrote:Image

TV Show: Tiny Toon Adventures
Character: Babs Bunny
Flavor: You are Babs Bunny, no relation to Buster. You would do anything for a laugh and impressions are your favorite thing to do for a chuckle. You would do anything for your friends. Loyal, funny and pink. That's you in a nutshell
Role: 1 shot universal back up with post restriction

Ability: Each day before the day begins, I will send you a PM of a personality or accent I wish for you to do during the day. If you fail to do your post restriction you will receive warnings as follows:

1st time not using PR = warning
2nd offense vote does not count
3rd offense loses night action
4th offense mod kill

Once per game after a power role is killed you can determine if you wish to become that role permanently.

Win Condition: You win when all evil forces are eliminated.

****Mod note post restriction:*****
Day 1 - Valley Girl/Guy Accent Phrasing (examples: Like totally man, for sure)
Day 2 - Roger Rabbit
Day 3 - Joan Rivers
Day 4 - Irish Accent
Day 5 - Rosanne Barr
....what?

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #3197 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:47 am

Post by Porochaz »

Ah if I had got to Day 4, you would have got some videos out of me. Joan Rivers I would have no idea what to do with.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3198 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:59 am

Post by projectmatt »

Been following this game slightly after I got killed n1. Oh well, the scum played a fairly good game although I'll admit that I have a bit of a problem with some of the action of the town players (mislynching a lot of the blatant town) but whatever, it's fine. GG
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3199 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:05 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 3197, Porochaz wrote:Ah if I had got to Day 4, you would have got some videos out of me. Joan Rivers I would have no idea what to do with.

But the game got up to Day 11 or 19 or something. How did your post restriction actually work, then?
....what?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”