Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Scigatt wrote:What do you think about ThAdmiral?
Keep playing. You'll find out eventually. Are you wondering which way you need to lean to maintain your balancing act?
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Well, I know how Ecto's going to play now.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Cephrir wrote:Well, I know how Ecto's going to play now.
Not necessarily. I felt that he was looking for the answer in order to decide how he was going to play.

I'll bend a bit though. What I think of ThAdmiral is that he was Yvonne's target for singular focus.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I wouldn't call that bending, but sure.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by Snix »

Cephrir wrote: Read: "You're not doing much to get out of it... because you called me scum."

I could go for an Xtoxm lynch, but would still prefer ThAdmiral. Never did think Yvonne was scum, still don't.
What do you have against ThAdmiral? It's mostly just a gut feeling right?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by Cephrir »

257. What don't you have against ThAdmiral? Why have you hardly mentioned him at all?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by Snix »

257 is you disagreeing with an opinion on lengthy posts and the fact that he wants to live. And a gut feeling. Not much to go on.

I don't talk about him because he hasn't done anything worth noting. He's defended what little reasons Yvonne gave and didn't overreact to it.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Ecto sounds logical and well spoken.

Which is a breath of fresh air in this game.

unvote

Cephrir wrote:257. What don't you have against ThAdmiral? Why have you hardly mentioned him at all?
Posts like this are stupid and I'm getting sick of them.
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by klebian »

Vote Count
, powered by The Count-Counter 2000

Xtoxm- 3 (Neko2086, Scigatt, Ectomancer)
Ectomancer- 3 (Snix, Xtoxm, Jamesthephox)
ThAdmiral- 2 (Cephrir, Near)
Near- 1 (Jester)

Not voting (3): DizzyIzzyB13, ThAdmiral, Marmalade

7 to lynch.

Deadline: April 26th

Jamesthephox and jester will be prodded in about 48 hours if they do not post.
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:55 pm

Post by Marmalade »

Why are people voting Ecto?
Why are people voting ThAdmiral?

On more pressing matters:
vote: Near
. I'm fed up of him, particularly after his last contribution. Try harder, pls.
Sign up for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8094]Unanimous[/url] today!
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:00 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

ecto is yvonne's replacement and I assume votes carry over.

As to your second question I can't help you there...
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:08 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

vote: Ectomancer
. His play since replacing Yvonne has done nothing to allay the suspicions that Yvonne developed, and I feel he's had adequate opportunity to give me a better impression. He hasn't.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:54 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I read you Dizzy.

I'd like you to explain yourself.

At the beginning of the game, you mentioned the Cop, and the idea that a lucky one might push for a lynch and look scummy.

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Something that doesn't seem to have been discussed regarding the people who have pushed for others to be lynched - is it not possible that one of the is the cop? As there is no Doc, the Cop isn't going to make a roleclaim this soon, and the Cop was able to investigate someone on Night Zero, meaning that, should they have taken advantage of this, they could very well know that someone is Mafia if they scored lucky, and given they want to protect their role, may be coming off as scummy. Just something we shoudl consider, I think.
You then try to appear helpful with the "I'd hate to lynch a cop by mistake" line. How about you let the Cop do their job and you quit hunting them?
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Well, I certainly don't think we should be actively seeking the Cop... just being mindful of the possibilities. I'd hate to lynch a cop by mistake, wouldn't you?
After all of this, it is very interesting then, that you are choosing to go after the player who had a singular, mostly unexplained focus. Isn't that what you warned us to watch out for? That maybe that person could be the Cop? Why then are you ignoring your own advice and voting for the role that fit your previous profile?

fos
Inconsistent play by our DizzyIzzy.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:38 am

Post by Cephrir »

Dizzy- Um... I don't agree, he absoltuely has. Like, he's stopped rampaging after ThAdmiral.

Ecto- Alright, if you're going to point it out yourself... that's actually quite helpful. Thank you. Now I don't have to think about it anymore.

FoS: Dizzy
, by the way.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:43 am

Post by Scigatt »

Ectomancer wrote:I read you Dizzy.

At the beginning of the game, you mentioned the Cop, and the idea that a lucky one might push for a lynch and look scummy.

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Something that doesn't seem to have been discussed regarding the people who have pushed for others to be lynched - is it not possible that one of the is the cop? As there is no Doc, the Cop isn't going to make a roleclaim this soon, and the Cop was able to investigate someone on Night Zero, meaning that, should they have taken advantage of this, they could very well know that someone is Mafia if they scored lucky, and given they want to protect their role, may be coming off as scummy. Just something we shoudl consider, I think.
I wouldn't ahve taken that gamble...bout ok.

You then try to appear helpful with the "I'd hate to lynch a cop by mistake" line. How about you let the Cop do their job and you quit hunting them?
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Well, I certainly don't think we should be actively seeking the Cop... just being mindful of the possibilities. I'd hate to lynch a cop by mistake, wouldn't you?
After all of this, it is very interesting then, that you are choosing to go after the player who had a singular, mostly unexplained focus. Isn't that what you warned us to watch out for? That maybe that person could be the Cop? Why then are you ignoring your own advice and voting for the role that fit your previous profile?

fos
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:44 am

Post by Scigatt »

I don't agree with that gamble...but okay.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Ectomancer wrote:I read you Dizzy.

fos
Is that a claim?

Yvonne's behaviour didn't appear to be consistent with what I said - despite what was being said about her, she never once tried to change strategy from doing nothing but saying "Vote for ThAdmiral" to attempting to convice people it was the right move. If she had definite knowledge he was scum, I'd expect a change of strategy when she realised hers wasn't working. That didn't happen.

That, or since I've been posting whilst ill for the past week and a half, I completely forgot which game was which and had no idea of the which set-up I was posting about. Your choice, but I prefer the other explanation, personally.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Of course it isn't a claim. It is an accusation against you of sniffing around a cop claim early, and then your persistent pursuit of a player that fit that profile. I'll let others decide whether "Yvonne's behavior was consistent with what you said", but for me, your attempt to say it wasn't is rather feeble.
This:
If she had definite knowledge he was scum, I'd expect a change of strategy when she realised hers wasn't working. That didn't happen.
ignores your earlier statement here:
they could very well know that someone is Mafia if they scored lucky, and given they want to protect their role, may be coming off as scummy. Just something we shoudl consider, I think.
And then asking me if I am claiming...

As I stated, I think Yvonne was going after the singular focus attack to generate material. It works well in that regard, especially if you can lure out a cop hunter like yourself. If you want, I can find the link to my mini where I all but claimed cop, and got a claim of cop out of scum with a guilty on me. I just smiled as I explained I wouldnt be counterclaiming, but that the real cop now knew for certain that he was scum.

I still think xtoxm is a good lynch, but you are looking like a good one too Dizzy. Your explanation falls short.

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:42 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
vote: Ectomancer
. His play since replacing Yvonne has done nothing to allay the suspicions that Yvonne developed, and I feel he's had adequate opportunity to give me a better impression. He hasn't.
This is just wrong.
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
Is that a claim?

Yvonne's behaviour didn't appear to be consistent with what I said - despite what was being said about her, she never once tried to change strategy from doing nothing but saying "Vote for ThAdmiral" to attempting to convice people it was the right move. If she had definite knowledge he was scum, I'd expect a change of strategy when she realised hers wasn't working. That didn't happen.

That, or since I've been posting whilst ill for the past week and a half, I completely forgot which game was which and had no idea of the which set-up I was posting about. Your choice, but I prefer the other explanation, personally.
This is both
wishy-washy
, and
fishy
Scigatt wrote:I don't agree with that gamble...but okay.
And I don't understand what this means. Can you elaborate on this?
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:32 am

Post by Marmalade »

I should be writing my essay, but oh well. :cry:

---

I have some questions for people:

Cephrir, why are you still voting for ThAdmiral?
Snix and Xtoxm, why are you still voting Ectomancer?
Near, where are you, and where is your analysis?
Scigatt, can you expand on your recent post?
Neko, what do you think of Ectomancer?

--

This should clear some stuff up.

Also, I think I am going to re-read Scigatt and DizzyIzzy, since they've been worrying me the most recently. I'm far more confident about Ectomancer after his replies, which have been striking me as far more town than Yvonne's.
Sign up for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8094]Unanimous[/url] today!
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:33 am

Post by Scigatt »

Marmalade wrote:
I just didn't agree with with the way Ectomancer handled Dizzy. That's all.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:24 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Scigatt wrote:
Marmalade wrote:
I just didn't agree with with the way Ectomancer handled Dizzy. That's all.
fos
Ectomancer for being too aggressive.

Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:36 am

Post by Snix »

Marmalade wrote:
Snix and Xtoxm, why are you still voting Ectomancer?

Just because the replacement is smarter scum than the replaced doesn't mean he still isn't scum. And his posts really throw me off, but that's probably more of a personal thing. I'd also like to point out, although this could just be coincidence, that the Yvonne(ectomancer), Neko, Scigatt trio seems to all have jumped on Xtoxm.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:36 am

Post by Snix »

EBWOP

everything below the question is my response. Must have typed in the quote tags.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by neko2086 »

We all jumped on xtoxm because he is the scummiest person here. That, or people just want to join the most justified wagon. Details to follow.

What do I think of ecto? I think he's much more level-headed than Yvonne. Unfortunately for him, Yvonne's actions will have to count as a strike against him, but since there's nothing he can do about her actions, we can't just base a lynch off of that. Yvonne left questions unanswered, and Ecto can't answer them. What we
can
do is hold him accountable for his own actions, which, so far, seem fairly legit.

What I do want to know, though, is if he has finished rereading the whole thing, not just the last few pages, and if his decision will change. He may have joined the xtoxm wagon because xtoxm just happened to have said one of the most recent scummy things, and ecto had only read back a few pages.
In Tartiflette We Trust

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”