Micro 392: The Assassin has regained control of the village!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SABBATHonSABBATH
SABBATHonSABBATH
Townie
SABBATHonSABBATH
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:35 am

Post by SABBATHonSABBATH »

In post 298, Nazarene wrote:
In post 297, SABBATHonSABBATH wrote:

You were town at the time because you got straight to scumhunting. No bullshit. But right now, I really don't like how you accused us of having

Why was this such a hugely important question that you had to press it twice over?

I asked thrice because I was worried about your read on me. No one had read us as town that strongly up to that point and you did, for reasons I could not see. And you kept on not responding.

And my worries were proven right. You abandoned your townread on us quickly, leaving me to believe you exaggerated your townread on us for whatever reason, just as you did with your nikanor scumread.

Can you please complete the unfinished sentence in your previous post?
-Tier

I took issue with the fact that you criticized us for null reading Foxx's ISO's, and then went and said they were scummy. Our reasons for the reads weren't that different either. I also disagree that IIoA can be considered a scumtell regardless of context.

~Dio \m/
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:59 pm

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

Still on my phone so I can't format like I want.

Script FoS me for misrepresenting what San said.
Sab says script was correct in his read. Which would make me wrong.
I ask how did what Sab said translate to what script said.
Sab hasn't commented since.

Suddenly me and Script have the same interpretation.

Script is looking really bad. Sab hasn't elaborated, and I'm not what that means.

-Shitty phone post
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

*I'm not sure what that means.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:21 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 301, GrayFoxxxx wrote:Still on my phone so I can't format like I want.

Script FoS me for misrepresenting what San said.
Sab says script was correct in his read. Which would make me wrong.
I ask how did what Sab said translate to what script said.
Sab hasn't commented since.

Suddenly me and Script have the same interpretation.

Script is looking really bad. Sab hasn't elaborated, and I'm not what that means.

-Shitty phone post

How are you having cognitive dissonance between my posts? And why are you suddenly going so OMGUS'y because I put a FoS on you for something I've fully explained?
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:34 pm

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

Don't try to ignore this by calling it omgus. You haven't answered. You just switched your stance on what Naz said. After FoSing me for the stance you switched to.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:45 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 304, GrayFoxxxx wrote:You just switched your stance on what Naz said.

WHERE?

Like, seriously, I must be totally misunderstanding you or you're not reading what I wrote.
Quinoa
Quinoa
Goon
Quinoa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:19 pm

Post by Quinoa »

I haven't been posting coherently as I'd hoped to. I haven't caught up on sleep yet and so focusing and brainstorming in this game have been slow. My lurking is exacerbated with the evident 7 day deadline (still surprised it's this short).

I don't have the information processed to answer you all's questions about reads, and I don't understand why I posted bogus reads mobile earlier while half-awake in bed. If I were completely caught up and participating, I would say more. My goal is to catch up before the weekend on the computer. I'm keeping up with the game but for some reasons it's like writer's block so far, and it annoys the hell out of me.

Asking for my reads without anything too specific in mind gives me the lazies. Specific pointed questions would be really great.
Quin oa talk about Quinoa? Yes, yes we quin.
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:22 pm

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

post 289

here u go script
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:31 pm

Post by Scripten »

Quinoa:
Could you chime in on the current happenings? Does it look like town-headbutting-town, scum leanings anywhere? Something? Because I'm currently confused as to why there's any confusion. I feel like I've been clear.

GrayFoxxx:
I still don't get how I'm being contradictory or changing my stances. I said that you suspected me of being on a scumteam with Naz, which doesn't fit in with your prior town read of me. THEN, SoS said that you were suspicious and that he might've suspected me as being your partner but for my reaction to your suspicions. I have tried to explain this as clearly as I can. I just don't see what you're getting so flustered about.
SABBATHonSABBATH
SABBATHonSABBATH
Townie
SABBATHonSABBATH
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:57 pm

According to GreyFoxx

1. Scripten is hard town
2. Nazarene is leaning scum
3. Nazarene and Scripten are probably scum partners

I don't know how much clearer I can be. Points 1 and 2 do not follow with point 3. Like, AT ALL.

For Scripten I can drop my point on Foxx buddying, but it's a small detail to my POV that Foxx is over exaggerating an attempt to look townie, and failing.
Foxx's new stance towards Scripten is OMGUS.

I'll go back and try to respond to some posts that are directed at me.

VOTE: GREYFOXXX

~ozzy
SABBATHonSABBATH
SABBATHonSABBATH
Townie
SABBATHonSABBATH
Townie
Townie

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:18 pm

In post 283, GrayFoxxxx wrote:1- Still you are ignoring my other posts towards him. But it doesn't matter, your buddying claim is so weak. I called Mantis King a few times. Big deal.

2. All you did was rephrase. Did not answer how the two statements are parallel. Why?

3. Dont really have a scum read on him, what are you talking about. You are trying to go in circles with this all day. Why?

It's more about your attempts to look town being overly exxagerated.

Scripten cannot be simultaneously town and scum partners with Nazarene.

Any possible logic that could justify your thoughts of Scripten and Nazarene being the scum team, is circular.

I think maxous is scum too for the record. I'm not sure why this Scripten thing is more of an issue.
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:18 pm

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

script is outright ignoring the evidence.
I can't argue with that.

Sab - it's odd for you to expect my reads to have been so concrete, that early. Your voting me on the grounds I shouldn't be able to change my mind.
SABBATHonSABBATH
SABBATHonSABBATH
Townie
SABBATHonSABBATH
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:20 pm

I'm sorry guys this is my first hydra and I keep forgetting to sign. ~ozzy
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

In post 310, SABBATHonSABBATH wrote:
In post 283, GrayFoxxxx wrote:1- Still you are ignoring my other posts towards him. But it doesn't matter, your buddying claim is so weak. I called Mantis King a few times. Big deal.

2. All you did was rephrase. Did not answer how the two statements are parallel. Why?

3. Dont really have a scum read on him, what are you talking about. You are trying to go in circles with this all day. Why?

It's more about your attempts to look town being overly exxagerated.

Scripten cannot be simultaneously town and scum partners with Nazarene.

Any possible logic that could justify your thoughts of Scripten and Nazarene being the scum team, is circular.

I think maxous is scum too for the record. I'm not sure why this Scripten thing is more of an issue.

Who else but you is saying I'm trying to seem town. It's still a non substance argument. Wow I said All hail the king in a kingdom themed game I must be scum.

Did I ever claim your second point? More false context framing.
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:28 pm

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

Why won't you acknowledge scripts flip floppy behavior? You said his first understanding of you post was right. So Ipoint out that it doesn't make sense and you have avoided it.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:29 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 311, GrayFoxxxx wrote:script is outright ignoring the evidence.
I can't argue with that.

Sab - it's odd for you to expect my reads to have been so concrete, that early. Your voting me on the grounds I shouldn't be able to change my mind.

Are you serious right now? What evidence am I ignoring? Tell me, with quotes, where my position changed.

You put me as hard town literally five posts before you posted your ISO on Naz. Both myself and SoS have explained what's wrong with your ISO and how you misinterpreted SoS's reasoning for not pegging me as your potential scumbuddy. If anyone is ignoring things, it's yourself.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 314, GrayFoxxxx wrote:Why won't you acknowledge scripts flip floppy behavior? You said his first understanding of you post was right. So Ipoint out that it doesn't make sense and you have avoided it.

Oh this is golden.

Are you going to accuse me next of OMGUS?
SABBATHonSABBATH
SABBATHonSABBATH
Townie
SABBATHonSABBATH
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:36 pm

What does no multi posts mean? I'll have to do a rewrite of everything I said tomorrow. This is frustrating.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:59 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 310, SABBATHonSABBATH wrote:Scripten cannot be simultaneously town and scum partners with Nazarene.

..did you just totally ignore my last 2 posts?
Sabbath - post#219 wrote:One is that to believe the D1 king may not be town, is creating WIFOM against a preconceived notion that he is.

just because she was chosen as king or queen w/e, mantis is not necessarily town, this has been pointed out several times already.
you said mantis is town by play? why? this interests me considering I'm scummy for merely
questioning her alignment

post#219 wrote:He doesn't seem to give a crap that I want Nikanor killed, (or at least he didn't mention it)(wanting Nikanor killed is pretty scummy right?)(He didn't even say that my reasons for wanting Nikanor killed were off.) (At this post, I'm actually trying to encourage someone/anyone to shoot Nikanor) Anyways he completely bypass the things that are blatantly scummy in favor of saying that I want a policy lynch. In my experience policy lynches are pretty null as far as alignment goes. But to focus on that above everything else, tells me that his motivations are off. This is my second pick for true Scum.

uhhh no. you were giving policy lynch rationale to push somebody as a
scum-read
. that is not alignment-null.

-

In post 298, Nazarene wrote:What do you mean? (Note: this is not me being cocky, I want to understand your read on us for real)

as in, greyfox's posts during that flurry came across as stronger and more town, while you seemed to be struggling to justify the scum-read on him.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:52 pm

Post by Nikanor »

about to sleep & haven't read anything but i wanted to write down somewhere that deadline falls at around 6pm EST on monday
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
SABBATHonSABBATH
SABBATHonSABBATH
Townie
SABBATHonSABBATH
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:48 am

This message includes a lengthy response to greyfoxx, Nazarene, and Maxous.

Spoiler: because fukawall
In post 284, GrayFoxxxx wrote:So explain how in any world would those to quotes mean the same thing. All I did was copy and paste. No word twisting or anything.

I think there's a disconnect with the pronouns.
It should say +Linking [Nazarene] as scum with [Greyfoxx's] bestest town read.
I don't care if you change your reads. As more information comes up, shouldn't we all be allowed to change our reads? But it's not like this is a different read set. Just because it's broken up into multiple posts, it's still the same set of reads, which is why the reads are contradicting.
After a long series of OMGUS you think that Scripten is scum, but at the time, you had scripten as your highest town read.- Solid town.
If he is such solid town, he isn't partners with anyone. He isn't partners with me, he isn't partners with you, he isn't partners with your sister, he is not Nazarene's scum partner. Your Scripten read included no suspicion what so ever about any possible scummyness even minutely.

Speaking of read changes,
Nazerine- How is it possible that you are both questioning my read change and calling reads static at the same time? do you think they are both?
What is WIFOM to you? I've explained how my read is related to WIFOM as I see it. Maybe we have a different definition. My definition is anytime there are choices where one or the other could be right. Heck, they could probably both be wrong at the same time. Specifically in this case, I was probably tunneling on something that wasn't alignment indicative, and there was possibly real scummyness in the game.

The statement about the king being town by necessity only applies to the D1 King. I didn't know whether or not the mod chose the first king or the kingmaker chose the first king. And I thought that King chose the next king. So that point is pretty much mute now that I understand the mechanics of this game more fully.
In a game where the first king is scum and he gets to choose the next king, the game is in lylo before it even starts.
D1 Scum Kill (passes gun to partner)
N1 Scum Kill
D2 Scum Kill (passes gun to derp town)
N2 Scum Kill
D3 Lylo with derp townie holding the gun.
I've never seen a game where the mod chosen D1 gun holder passing the gun is scum, evar.

Even with this setup, it is just as important for the king to be town everyday because if not, it increases the number of kills that the scum have and decreases the equality of town, driving the game to lylo faster. But it is also just as important that the gun isn't given to people that are very jittery in their reads and overly quick to pull the trigger like Nikanor. Also me. Plus I don't want to have that sort of responsibility.

So to speak on the matter of by play(this is also for Maxous), Mantis can use his kill to end the DP at anytime. The length of the DP at this time shows that he is allowing information to flow freely to get the most use out of the DP. He also isn't attempting to derp someone into saying something that he can use to justify killing them. And there is one other thing that he isn't doing and makes him town that I won't mention because it is very scummy and it may come up later, but so far hasn't yet.

Spoiler: because one spoiler wasn't enough
and at Maxous. I wrote a long message detailing my read change. I may not be good at explaining things, and it's probably confusing to read my posts. Sometimes, I try to write sentences that have 15 thoughts inside them rather than one. It's ADD related. But in no way did I just suddenly abandon a scum read on Nikanor, I even explained that. I was mad that Nikanor broke a rule, I talked it over with Dio, I took some time to calm down, I realized that I was being petty and I evaluated the new information in the game.

My post about giving town cred to anyone that shot Nikanor was blatently scummy. Nothing was said about me wanting him shot and the scumminess of that in itself. A new reason saying that I wanted a policy lynch was invented.
I said that Nikanor wasn't going to add any value to the game, that is scummy as fuck. Every player can add value to the game. Did you mention that? NO! you just said that I wanted a policy lynch, bypassing all of the things that I did that were scummy and going for something that wasn't part of what I was saying. I was still mad and wanted him dead because his gambit was scummy, and I've given plenty of reasons why I thought it was scummy.

GreyFoxx, The biggest part of my post was saying that I thought you were scum, and that Maxouss was scum. Why did you choose to focus on the issue with Scripten. I said I thought he was town because of the way he responded to your simultaneous accusations of being scum and town at the same time. Is that what bothers you the most? Should I assume that you are ok with my scum read on maxous?

I am really tired right now. If there is some anger and frustration in this post, I'm sorry. I couldn't help it, and I'm too tired to try and edit it out.
SABBATHonSABBATH
SABBATHonSABBATH
Townie
SABBATHonSABBATH
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:50 am

I dont think this is necessary for this post but
~ozzy
SABBATHonSABBATH
SABBATHonSABBATH
Townie
SABBATHonSABBATH
Townie
Townie

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:02 am

Also Greyfoxx, Any comment on the disconnects between your evaluations of the posts and the actual posts themselves such as the one I pointed out by Maxous.
free link to your read
maxous post [post]149[/149]

I think you forgot to read the bottom half of the post. I don't really care what you have to say about the rest of the post. I'm calling you scummy because there are parts of posts that you didn't respond to and evaluate, and I think your ISO evaluations were fake. This is just one particular example that I noticed. I don't want you to skate off by talking about the post and not what I'm actually calling scummy for.

~ozzy
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:27 am

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

So you expect ME to explain to YOU why YOU feel the way YOU do about my ISOs. Sorry that's way over my ability.

You have done some ignoring yourself. By that logic arent you scummy?

Haven't read your long post yet getting to it now
Nazarene
Nazarene
Goon
Nazarene
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:53 am

Post by Nazarene »

@Grayfox:
Please explain with reference to particular posts how Scripten flip-flopped. I still see no inconsistency.

@SABBATH:
Your Grayfox read came after our charges of static reads, if I remember correctly.

And if mantis just killed someone, then he would be quicklynched tomorrow.

mantis, convince this Head that you are town and not scum coasting and avoiding committing to reads so that you will not be held accountable for the execution tomorrow.

-A

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”