Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:43 am

Post by Stewie »

so they were like a second mafia family? godamit! I knew it!
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:13 am

Post by KingPin »

Good game all. Thank you Foolster....

Damn the luck. The SK always gets it in the end!!
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:23 pm

Post by Isaac »

CoolBot wrote:Yep, we won. Good claim by bane at the end pulled it off. Somewhat surprising we won with all those immune to recuitment.
I don't think it's so much Bane's claim as the fact that Kingpin was scummier, and jadesmar really screwed up the day before. For me, Bane was always the second in line to getting hanged, even on day two. It was just that there always seemed to be one person who was scummier. Oh well.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:50 pm

Post by Werebear »

I was told Sugar didn't show up for her appointment with me.

The night I investigated Bane221, I got this...
Werebear
You analye Bane221 and you can't seem to figure out weither he is sane or not. Later, an emistary of the revoltion aproches you. "Will you join our revolution to elimnate the robot plauge?" he asks. WIll you? Please PM with your descision.
I wonder what would have happened if I didn't join... I trusted Bane221 as definitely being human after I joined, so I could narrow it down to 3 people. And one we'd lynch, and one I'd cure... so if it wasn't those two, it had to be the third. Good game.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:51 pm

Post by Isaac »

Stewie:

I don't even think that, strictly defined, there were any mafia in this game, just two cults and a serial killer. One cult to convert robots, and one cult to convert humans. That's what threw me off, and why I didn't see the end of the game coming as it did, I just didn't see the cult angle at all, even though it should have been obvious after Darkblade died.
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:16 am

Post by Foolster41 »

Werebear - You could only really cure Kingpin (The Psyco) so that's why you only got one cure. In retrospect, maybe cure and analyze should have been one action. In the middle of the game I relaize thed the robot psycologist was more powerfull then I intended if you would catch on (Which you did) that a "no result=Human". By the way, suger never showed up because he was killed. I suppose I could have let you analyze him first, but then the info was going to become public anyways the next morning

I thinik perhaps I did make the revolution too strong, being allowed to either kill or convert. The thing about converting is, if it works not only does it remove a player from a side it adds on to their own. (Though I removed any extra killing actions from the revolution once they joined to be safe).

What did Bane claim? I can't find it? Kingpin's "Part Manafacter/Mad Scientist" hunter was an intersting claim, and I was wondering where he was going with that. Ironicly iof they had kept Kingpin alive and killed a revolutinist instead like Bane or Werebear, they would have survived another day and maybe even won!

Thank you all! You've played a great game, and thanks for putting up with my mistakes and spelling errors. :D. I'm looking foreward to moding the next game! Game history to follow:

Day 1

About to be lynched, Someone (Psyco Robot) comits suicide
Night 1

Issac (Robot PI) Follows Darkblade (Mad Scientist)
Darkblade controls Issac and commands him to kll Coolbot
Stewie (Protector Bot) protects Kerplunk (Nothing Happens)
Kerplunk Investigates Bane221 and gets a "Human" result
Kingpin Kills Sugar
Werebear Analyzes Sugar, but he doesn't show up
Coolbot recruits stewie (fails - robots may not join)
Day 2

Town executes Darkblade (Mad Scientist)
Night 2

Issac Follows Jadesmar. Jadesmar stays home (No night action)
Kerplunk investigates jadesmar and gets human result
Werebear (Robot Psycologist) analyzes stewie and gets Sane/good result
Bane221 recruits Kerplunk to the revolution (Sucess)
Day 3

Town Executes Jadesmar (Robot Townie)
Night 3

Issac Follows Kingpin (Psyco) and sees him killing kerplunk.
Kingpin (Psyco) kills Kerplunk (Robot Hunter)
Kerplunk (Robot Hunter) Investigates KingPin and gets Robot Result
Day 4

King pin (Psyco) is exepcuted
GAME OVER
Winner of the "if real life was like mafia" thread. :D
**May be going on permanent Limited Access as soon as April 1st. :(**
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:31 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Foolster41 wrote:
Night 2

Kerplunk investigates jadesmar and gets human result
Wowo. I did get a Robot result on jadesmar. I don't want y'all to think I lynched jadesmar deliberately. :roll:

One question, Foolster, why didn't I have the choice of joining the Revolution. I would have, I think, if I had had the choice, though.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Mafia
PolarBoy

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:10 am

Post by PolarBoy »

Hehe, I had some input on the design of this game and therefore knew what was going on all along.

I really liked certain things about this game dramatically. The robots/humans subgrouping were very effective in making this game not just about paranoia, but also about prejudice. Kudos on manipulating the town Foolster.

I honestly don't see what bane's claim had to do with the game, as effective as it was. I think Kingpin would've been lynched with or without it. His defense was self-contradictory. On the one hand he said Isaac was mistaken, on the other hand he said he was spewing crap. That, I think, was a huge mistake. On the one hand it looked like he just wanted attention off of himself. On the other hand it was bad to attack Isaac at all, as he had been a model townie so far and bagged the godfather.

All in all I enjoyed watching.
MUNSCM Delegate for the United Kingdom
Check out the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HomePage]ScumWiki[/url], and while you're at it, check out [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DocumentModeMafia]DocumentModeMafia[/url]
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:08 pm

Post by Werebear »

I was SURE that someone was going to take one look at my role, and say "He's mafia, that role sounds fake, and we have lots of other robot finders as well"... I really didn't want to come out with my role, then I did, and it was accepted right away. :shock: Not that I'm complaining!!!
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:21 pm

Post by Darkblade »

Good game, although I assumed that Issac would actually be a permanent recruitment. When he started attacking me, I assumed he was trying to disociate himself from me and would follow up too seriously. I learned after I claimed that he wasn't. What I should have done is claim I role blocked Issac right of the bat.
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:38 am

Post by Foolster41 »

I admit, I realized that the prospective member was suppoosed to make a choice. After the first I made it so the others could have a choice. Otherwise the revolution It didn't really make much of a idfference since the other member(s) joined willingly.
Winner of the "if real life was like mafia" thread. :D
**May be going on permanent Limited Access as soon as April 1st. :(**
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:36 am

Post by Isaac »

Foolster41 wrote:I admit, I realized that the prospective member was suppoosed to make a choice. After the first I made it so the others could have a choice. Otherwise the revolution It didn't really make much of a idfference since the other member(s) joined willingly.
Oh man, i totally would have gone to the mafia side :twisted:
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:40 am

Post by MeMe »

Now closed
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”