Mini 210: Secret Ballot Mafia- The Ballotbox is Closed!

Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:54 pm

Post by Thok »

I'd like to hear from Someone and get Astronaut's official preferences before we go to vote-that means that Inhim's last post scares me a little. I still feel Speedy is a better lynch target than mathcam, but right now it seems like we're leaning towards a mathcam lynch.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:15 pm

Post by Astronaut »

You want my official preferences, huh? Moving into this day, I was more suspicious of SpeedyKQ, but at the moment I'd have no problem voting mathcam as well. In fact, I think cam is my top choice just now, closely followed by Speedy.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:26 am

Post by ibaesha »

Before we're ready to vote now, I think that we should get a claim out of the top suspicion as Speedy mentioned before. Inhim's vote now worries me somewhat as well and I'd also like to hear from Someone.

I suddenly have this concern though that it is possible that both mathcam and Speedy are innocent and the scum are sitting back and not saying much while those two are put on the hotseat. Even so, I still find mathcam the most suspicious of the lot of you.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:15 am

Post by mathcam »

Anyone else notice how inHim supplied a "vote now" without addressing whether or not either of us should claim?

Astronaut, could you maybe articulate how I took the lead over from Speedy? All I've done today is express my suspicion of inHim and, when no one supported this suspicion, stated that I'd rather lynch Speedy than myself, even though he wasn't my top choice. To me, this seems perfectly reasonable, but maybe there's something I'm missing.

Cam
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:05 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Nobody's going to claim unless the threat of the vote is present.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:16 pm

Post by Thok »

Four people have already said they would have mathcam as their top vote getter today (inhim, ibaesha, Speedy, and Astronaut), and I've got him as second to Speedy. (This of course may have changed after the most recent posts; I don't know what people still feel about Inhim or others). That's already enough of a threat to talk about claiming; the additional vote now threat doesn't really add anything.

Incidentally, I do feel that we've got a stronger connection between Speedy and Chococid then between mathcam and Chococid, but I'll go along with the town's choice to lynch.

Does anybody know what happened to Someone? He hasn't posted on Scum in October, and it would be nice to hear from him.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:41 am

Post by ibaesha »

Hello?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:27 am

Post by mathcam »

Not that this bodes particularly well for me, but I'm a townie.

Cam
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:59 pm

Post by Astronaut »

I think we might need a replacement for Someone. I sent him a PM regarding the Diplomacy game in mish mash 12 days ago, and he still hasn't picked it up.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:57 am

Post by JereIC »

Astronaut wrote:I think we might need a replacement for Someone. I sent him a PM regarding the Diplomacy game in mish mash 12 days ago, and he still hasn't picked it up.
On it.

In the meantime,
Deadline Monday at 5 pm EST!
Not rescindable, unless there's overwhemling demand for an extension.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:54 pm

Post by SpeedyKQ »

I'm willing to vote now, but I won't vote for it until Someone is replaced.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:50 am

Post by mathcam »

Well, I don't suppose I'm talking to anyone in particular, but I think inHim's my top choice, and Speedy's bult up some actual suspicion now, but still only enough to leave him in second place.

I'll be gone until Friday, so hopefully you guys figure out what's really going on in my absence.

Cam
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:23 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Interesting fact - I think Speedy replaced the exact same person in another game. Well,
I
found it interesting.

1. mathcam
2. Speedy
3. ibaesha (mostly still for Lubabah's actions)

Let's add 'em up?
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:35 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Ah, yes. I'll be gone from Friday-Tuesday (check V/LA). I'll send my vote in ASAP on Tuesday night - just make it clear in the thread who I'm supposed to vote.
Show

:

Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:42 pm

Post by Thok »

Barring some massive last minute argument from Someone (or his replacement), I think we're going to be voting mathcam today. It seems like nobody cares about his claim of townie, which worries me a little though.

We should wait for Someone to be replaced, otherwise I'd be willing to go to voting.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:18 pm

Post by ibaesha »

mathcam's claim doesn't really change any of my previous suspicions of him, that's why I haven't said anything about it.

Yes, Someone needs to be replaced and hopefully in time for the deadline.

Inhim, that's weird that you'd put me on your list for the behavior of someone who spent less time in the game than I have. By now you should be able to draw conclusions based on what I've said and done.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:46 pm

Post by ibaesha »

So... I suppose no one has anything to say now? Just vote for mathcam when the deadline comes up? I'm not liking this silence. It bothers me a lot.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:30 pm

Post by Thok »

Sigh.

Any news on Someone's replacement?

Since a majority of people want to vote mathcam, I'll support that and say that I'm willing to
vote now
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:01 pm

Post by mathcam »

Thoth wrote:It seems like nobody cares about his claim of townie, which worries me a little though.
Me too.
ibaesha wrote: I'm not liking this silence. It bothers me a lot.
Me too.

Isn't this whole thing just a little weird to be a correct lynch of scum? In my opinion, a correct scum lynch is usually preceeded by much more vigorous arguing. If I were scum, wouldn't there be a co-scum of mine either a) Trying to divert the attention somewhere else, or b) Taking the opportunity to distance him/herself from be by jumping on my bandwagon. Neither of these are the case here. Instead, there are some hand-wavey arguments on me, which I feel like I've done a good job deflecting, to which most people are performing the mafia equivalent of throwing their arms up in the air. While I agree that my opinion shouldn't count for much when I'm talking about my own lynch, but to me, this simply doesn't
feel
like a good lynch. It feels much more like the mafia giggling about how easy of a day they've had it.

Cam
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:14 pm

Post by ibaesha »

At the risk of stirring up a hornet's nest (Although something -must- be stirred) I'm going to change my choice for who I'd like to vote for. If this were a game where we were voting, unvoting and suspicions were able to be tangibly moved around, I would be changing my vote, therefore, that's what I'm going to do here. The quietness bothers me. And the last few posts from Inhim bother me as well. I don't think I'm the only person who was suspicious of him so when it comes to deadline, I think I'd rather vote for him.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:07 am

Post by Astronaut »

I agree that everyone quietly watching the deadline grow nearer isn't a good sign, but I'm not sure I'm all that happy about lynching inHim without giving him a chance of defending himself either.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:12 am

Post by ibaesha »

Maybe we can get an extra day since he said he'd be back on Tuesday. Something. This whole sitting passively by and not saying anything doesn't sit right, not at all.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:37 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Wow, this is the first suspicious thing I've seen from ibaesha. I'm all for letting people change their minds, and I'm not rock-solid confident about lynching mathcam, but sewing confusion moments before we're going to be forced to vote seems really scummy.

I'd go along with an inHim lynch, he has been my second choice for a while now, but we really need to be on the same page here. Unanimity is important, yes?

Anyways, I'll also request a deadline extension, so we can figure out what we're doing.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:41 am

Post by ibaesha »

I expected that it'd look that way, but I don't rightly care at this point. Something isn't right when we're looking at a deadline for over a week and no one is saying anything. Someone is only 1 out of 7 people. I'm all for a deadline extension if people would like to talk about what we're going to do. While I find mathcam suspicious, I'm not okay with the apathy involved. Why is there that kind of apathy? It's creepy.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:58 am

Post by ibaesha »

Sorry for the double post. Meh, I realized that I thought both of my games were deadlined for Tuesday and this one is today. I should've spoke up sooner. If we hit deadline I will go ahead and vote for mathcam since that was what was already discussed. Note that I'm still troubled by the blatant lack of participation and discussion.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”