921 Space Quest Mafia (officially Mod Abandoned)

Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

malt wrote:Where do you see that? I thought I had answered all questions addressed to me...
Read your post 0 and ksens post 31.

Also, I'm sorry to break all of you guys hearts but I don't really think DDD is town. Even though he's done some things I've disagreed with I think that his intentions were good. I do think however, he could be taking this game a bit more seriously. His playstyle in this game might not be the best but I think there are better choices for a lynch.

An good example is quite obviously buttonmen: he has mainly just been a follower, using other people ideas on what may turn out to be a quick wagon (first he followed DDD on ksen and now kai and zang on DDD) and, as kai stated, when he did give his own ideas and vote for pwnman, heused horrible logic that barely held together. he has also refused to answer and reply to a lot of things about him.

Unvote, Vote: TheButtonmen

Kai wrote:I'm also going to pull a play directly from SpyreX's playbook. I propose an UNBREAKABLE ALLIANCE with Doombunny, ksen, dramonic, and Malthusis. For those of you who don't know, this is essentially where the members of the alliance consider each other completely confirmed town, move as one, vote as one, and lynch as one for the rest of the game. I am convinced that the entirety of this proposed alliance is aligned with the town, so if we have to we will eliminate every player not a part of the alliance until all of the scum are dead. Only if we are the only players left will we turn on each other.
This is a good idea as I to think the same thing (although I'm only leaning towards thinking that zang is town) however, I would rather not rather not follow you in voting DDD (because, as stated earlier, while I do think he's scummy, I don't think he's scummy enough to lynch and that there are a lot better options)
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@TBM: Assuming the worst is generally the best idea if you're making a plan for dealing with it. Of course, he wasn't so that doesn't excuse him. Also, note that, though he was the first to bring it up, he was not the only person to think that the second kill was made by a SK. Why not poke at the other two about it. Considering that your quoted case did not make mention of previous play, but rather simply the SK mention and the extra vote (I also have no idea why this slot would be given the power over someone like ksen or Doombunny, but meh) it implies that either the extra vote is a scumtell or you are choosing to ignore the same actions performed by two other players, which is an indicator of either tunnelling or selective scumhunting.

'course, if the previous play was actually the impetus for the vote then I can't blame you. Like I said, I was surprised I wasn't under more suspicion coming in. Once DDD flips scum and the alliance starts chugging along I think it'll all be good though. D3 perfect town win anyone?
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Buttonmen wrote:He starts day two by talking about a SK; why assume SK?
A) Vigs are much more common then SK's when combined with; B) Pwnman has never played in a game with a SK this really caught my attention.
Why would scum call it a SK kill? They don't know either. So therefore, the only two options left are a)a SK slipping up or b)A clueless townie. However, because you are sure it is a vig and not a townie, this arguement is null.
Buttonmen wrote:And while no I'm not going to swear them I'm 100% sure your scum, the above combined with previous play made me more then happy with a vote on your slot.
You don't have a vote on him. It's on DDD.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

@Doom:
Hence I said Made.

@Kairyuu:
The other two who made noise about the SK I seem to recall have been in games with SK's.

Though I just went back and looked and found this;
Doombunny9 wrote:Secondly, I think it's fairly obvious that a SK is behind the second kill. And... That's pretty much all I have to say for now :P
@Doom:
'splainy?
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

At the time I thought the second kill was due to a SK. There's not really much more to say about that XD. However, kai made me realize I was wrong (unless we have a failure of a SK) and that it is most likely a vig.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:47 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

@Doom:
You said it was fairly obvious, explain your thought process that made it seem fairly obvious.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:25 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Kairyuu wrote:
vote: DDD

This is a good lynch.
Vote: Kairyuu

Obvious ploy is obvious; you come in, (attempt to) lynch the one competent player who knows you leaving you to cruelly bat around the lurkers and Village Idiots as you coast to an easy scum win in the next couple days.

I shouldn't have to point out how laughably bad your main argument is; you saw me as abrasive as a JESTER, as in trying to get lynched; so now when you see me as abrasive as being a scumtell? Completely illogical.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:08 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Love the OMGUS and the self-importance. I want you lynched because you're scum, not because you're competant. Do I also detect a strawman? Why yes, I do. I pointed out that you seemed more abrasive than normal, and THEN I made my case. Try again. I'll even give you a hint. The points against you include your own admission that you wanted to force dramonic to make a mistake, so you can lynch him. This doesn't imply you give a damn about his alignment, it implies you only want him dead.

Then there's the fact that you've not voted for someone based on an actual case at all this game, instead parking your vote on ksen for "failing," swapping to your scumbuddy when it looked like his lynch was inevitable, and then coming right back to ksen.

Also, people still alive who know me and who I consider competant: you, Doombunny, malthusis (aka everyone here who knows me). Possibly dramonic too, but I dunno if I've ever played with him. I want you lynched, and I'm calling them town. That's a bit of a disconnect, no? Try again. Thus far your defense is: OMGUS, strawmanning my case against you, and then trying to make yourself out to be the only one "competant" enough to "stand up to me."

Try again. Alternately, you could save me the hassle of arguing with you by admitting that you're scum and self-voting, but I doubt you'll do that.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:45 am

Post by ksen »

Kairyuu, I am willing to go along with your alliance idea. If you and Doom can agree on who to lynch today I will move my vote if necessary.

As I've stated before I'd be happiest with a TheButtonmen lynch. But if you guys agree to lynch DDD first then I am ok with that too since you made a compelling case against him.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:13 am

Kairyuu wrote:Love the OMGUS and the self-importance. I want you lynched because you're scum, not because you're competant. Do I also detect a strawman? Why yes, I do. I pointed out that you seemed more abrasive than normal, and THEN I made my case. Try again. I'll even give you a hint. The points against you include your own admission that you wanted to force dramonic to make a mistake, so you can lynch him. This doesn't imply you give a damn about his alignment, it implies you only want him dead.
Wow and despite the fact that I desperately wanted dramonic dead I never placed a vote on him outside the RVS. But I said I wanted him dead regardless of alignment and I must have meant that completely and literally, there's absolutely no chance that statement was tinged with hyperbole and sarcasm. So instead of nonsensical meta your case is based upon a single statement I made that's backed by no other such statement or actions and is quite obviously not meant to be taken literally; have you really sunk this low Kairyuu?
Then there's the fact that you've not voted for someone based on an actual case at all this game, instead parking your vote on ksen for "failing," swapping to your scumbuddy when it looked like his lynch was inevitable, and then coming right back to ksen.
There is absolutely a case to be made for ksen and I did so you liar; the case isn't some generic "failing" but that his analysis lacked critical thought. Ironic that you suggest there's no case when I'd say the case just got that much stronger for the fact that he's willing to simply sheep behind you.
Also, people still alive who know me and who I consider competant: you, Doombunny, malthusis (aka everyone here who knows me). Possibly dramonic too, but I dunno if I've ever played with him. I want you lynched, and I'm calling them town. That's a bit of a disconnect, no? Try again. Thus far your defense is: OMGUS, strawmanning my case against you, and then trying to make yourself out to be the only one "competant" enough to "stand up to me."
Doombunny can barely tie his own shoes let alone scumhunt; I'll give you malthusis as a decent player, but you're crazy if you think either of them will both to buck your attempt to control the game. And if my defense is OMGUS it's because your case does in fact suck, nothing personal homie.
Try again. Alternately, you could save me the hassle of arguing with you by admitting that you're scum and self-voting, but I doubt you'll do that.
Why would I admit to something I'm not; you're not even trying to be sensible anymore, K.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:17 am

Post by dramonic »

@TBM: I'll investigate this line, thank you.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:41 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@DDD: I love it how you're mostly trying to discredit me instead of arguing against my case. Been a while since I've dealt with one this feisty. I'll get to my rebuttal later, as I'm rather busy now. Maybe next time you won't try a blatant lie as a defense, because that's going to bite you in the ass, hard.

Offer's still open on the scumclaim and self-vote. I wouldn't mind. Really. 8-)
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:59 am

Kairyuu wrote:@DDD: I love it how you're mostly trying to discredit me instead of arguing against my case. Been a while since I've dealt with one this feisty. I'll get to my rebuttal later, as I'm rather busy now. Maybe next time you won't try a blatant lie as a defense, because that's going to bite you in the ass, hard.

Offer's still open on the scumclaim and self-vote. I wouldn't mind. Really. 8-)
Kairyuu wrote:DDD: Starts out way more abrasive than necessary, and quotes like this:
DDD wrote: I am making an effort, to harass you into making a mistake I can lynch you for.
make it look distinctly like he has no interest in dramonic's alignment, so long as he can get a lynch. This is not a pro-town mindset. In addition to that, the entirety of D1 is filled with DDD voting based on players "failing" rather than being scummy.

This continues, as he jumps directly back to ksen on D2 for the exact same reasoning, and then only when I directly question him about being abrasive does he claim that he wanted to "get a read" from it.
Your original case consists of abrasiveness, a theory you spun out of reading a single post exceedingly literally, and my reasons for voting ksen. I have shown how the abrasiveness argument is illogical; how there's no actual evidence to support your interpretation of the post and that my reasons for voting ksen were legitimate. In conclusion, your case sucks and you are scum.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:30 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Buttonmen wrote:@Doom: You said it was fairly obvious, explain your thought process that made it seem fairly obvious.
Now obviously the first thing that came into my head was that there were two killing roles and one of them was scum. That only left a SK or vig as the second role. From my point of view however, vig and SK are about just as likely to appear. however, the flavor of the deaths made me lean towards thinking SK (and yes, I do understand this was a stupid thing to do). So I was probably overeacting when I said it was obvious :P
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:44 am

Post by Sajin »

This ad is brought to you by Scumsoft. Enslaving programmers today for a better tomorrow!

The Scumsoft vote count:

Players: 9

3- Debonair Danny DiPietro- (Kairyuu, Kairyuu, TheButtonmen)
3- TheButtonmen- (ksen, Spambot, Doombunny9)
0- Doombunny9-
0- Spambot-
0- ksen-
0- Malthusis-
1- Zang- (dramonic)
0- dramonic-
2- Kairyuu- (Malthusis, Debonair Danny DiPietro)

Not Voting: Zang

With 10 votes in play it is 6? to throw someone out of the timepod.

Spambot has not replied and is being replaced. Deadline moved back a few days. Please keep in mind the deadline lynch rules.

Current Deadline: March 21st 11:59 PM (Mountain Standard Time).

Prods- No one eligible.
Last edited by Sajin on Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:30 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Sajin wrote:Players: 9
3- Debonair Danny DiPietro- (Kairyuu, Kairyuu, TheButtonmen)
3- TheButtonmen- (ksen, Spambot, Doombunny9)
0- Doombunny9-
0- Spambot-
1- ksen- (Debonair Danny DiPietro)
0- Malthusis
1- Zang (dramonic)
0- dramonic
1- Kairyuu- (Malthusis)
DDD is voting kairyuu, not ksen.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:11 am

Post by ksen »

@TheButtonmen
: TheButtonmen, what changed your mind about DDD? On Day 1 and through most of Day 2 you were happy to follow his lead. Now you seem to be happy following Kairyuu's lead and said the DDD wagon was a good one. Why?
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:10 am

Post by Zang »

I'm back, will post later
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:50 am

Post by malthusis »

I am still debating over myself on who to vote right now but I think I can safely take my vote off of Kairyuu now.

Unvote
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:01 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

ksen wrote:
@TheButtonmen
: TheButtonmen, what changed your mind about DDD? On Day 1 and through most of Day 2 you were happy to follow his lead.
What makes you think I following DDD?
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:28 am

Post by Zang »

Ok,

first I will go along with a ddd or tbm lynch.
Thebuttonmen wrote:
Vote: DDD
that's a wagon I don't mind leaning on.
I don't understand this vote, until now you have agreed with ddd on almost everything, what made you think he was scum.
Doombunny wrote:Also, I'm sorry to break all of you guys hearts but I don't really think DDD is town. Even though he's done some things I've disagreed with I think that his intentions were good. I do think however, he could be taking this game a bit more seriously. His playstyle in this game might not be the best but I think there are better choices for a lynch.
I'm guessing this was a typo
DDD wrote:
Vote: Kairyuu

Obvious ploy is obvious; you come in, (attempt to) lynch the one competent player who knows you leaving you to cruelly bat around the lurkers and Village Idiots as you coast to an easy scum win in the next couple days.

I shouldn't have to point out how laughably bad your main argument is; you saw me as abrasive as a JESTER, as in trying to get lynched; so now when you see me as abrasive as being a scumtell? Completely illogical.
I see this as an OMGUS vote and nothing more

Kairyuu-I believe your case and it is quite compelling

Vote: DDD

Thebuttonmen wrote:@Dramonic: While I understand the vote on Zang I would recommend you do some meta on him. He isn't doing anything other than normal Zang behaviour, the wishy washy and general agreeing with majority are a prevalent theme.
sad but true
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:53 am

Post by dramonic »

unvote

work on that.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:07 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

dramonic wrote:unvote
work on that.
What does this mean?
Buttonmen wrote:What makes you think I following DDD?
LOL?

And also, I too, now that Zang and ksen brought it up, would like to know the reasons for your (buttonmen) vote on DDD.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Zang »

Doombunny9 wrote:
dramonic wrote:unvote
work on that.
What does this mean?
LOL?

And also, I too, now that Zang and ksen brought it up, would like to know the reasons for your (buttonmen) vote on DDD.
dramonic was talking about my playstyle I think,
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:15 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Doombunny9 wrote:
LOL?
Answer the question, preferably with quotes.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”