Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #2901 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 3:29 pm

Post by Ether »

Night 3:
Dec. 6--Colin to Ether: 'Mafia 70' wrote:I say we go after Jdodge/kscope tomorrow.

Who do you think the scums are?
Dec. 6--Ether to Colin: 'Re: Mafia 70' wrote:Aimee is my least favorite person right now, and Yamahako's innocence makes her even worse. It's annoying that she's inactive.

I'd be up for a Scøpewagon, and would have suggested it myself; at the very least the pressure might make him do something.

MoS's old {TS, Zorg/BM, Flare/Setael2} votecount is messing with my head yet again. I wouldn't mind a Dodgewagon, I don't think.
Dec. 8 wrote:Unvote (4:25:36 PM): Speaking of which, I should probably figure out something to say about Mafia 70 at some point.
BooKitty64098 (4:26:04 PM): I'm thinking Flare is definitely scum.
BooKitty64098 (4:26:08 PM): Setael now.
BooKitty64098 (4:26:22 PM): she went to Yamahako in a heartbeat.
BooKitty64098 (4:27:16 PM): and I ... think, only think, that the mason thing is a miller thing.
Unvote (4:27:27 PM): I'm suspecting that as well.
BooKitty64098 (4:27:58 PM): Opinion on BM?
Unvote (4:28:13 PM): Mostly because of TS's fishing at the end of Day 1. (I still grilled Flameaxe Night 1 and would probably have gone for the throat, except he was, y'know, nightkilled.)
Unvote (4:28:19 PM): There was a votecount early on.
BooKitty64098 (4:28:41 PM): yes, reread put Flameaxe as scum for me too.
BooKitty64098 (4:29:05 PM): so I agree. Thinking miller.
Unvote (4:29:54 PM): MoS had {TS, Zorg/BM, Flare/Setael2, Yamahako}, bad reasons all around at some point. This has screwed with my head over MoS, BM, Setael2 and JDodge.
BooKitty64098 (4:30:32 PM): I don't like Skruffs doing that whole weird FOS.
Unvote (4:30:50 PM): Skruffs is Lemming. Skruffs is also Skruffs. So.
BooKitty64098 (4:31:14 PM): yes, just not getting him. What's the deal with ZONEACE, why won't he just say?
BooKitty64098 (4:31:20 PM): I'm not following his hunch...
BooKitty64098 (4:31:27 PM): I'll follow his investigation if he wants.
BooKitty64098 (4:31:53 PM): but BM's analysis was useless Sad
BooKitty64098 (4:32:00 PM): between Flare and Zorg, who would you pick?
Unvote (4:32:08 PM): "Mod note: Due to threats on my life if I don't comply, I'm changing Toaster Strudel's role name to "Mafia Godmother" for political correctness." (Between this and Flameaxe's and Setael's hunch, I'd be an obvvig if I wasn't a mason.)
Unvote (4:32:12 PM): Flare.
BooKitty64098 (4:32:40 PM): yes. I'm dense, I don't get the general case on Zorg. I got my own, but it looked weird to me.
Unvote (4:32:40 PM): My least favorite player in the game right now is Aimee, but the inactivity gets in the way.
BooKitty64098 (4:32:56 PM): yes. she's generally inactive though.
BooKitty64098 (4:33:03 PM): I didn't see her as scum, I'll do a reread.
Unvote (4:33:30 PM): I know, I mean from a wagonning her and making her do something or die perspective.
BooKitty64098 (4:33:36 PM): but Setael is weirdly conciliatory and not pushing a case.
BooKitty64098 (4:33:41 PM): Oh... I'll help with that.
Unvote (4:34:21 PM): Colin PMed me earlie--ooh, he's on now.
December 8, 'We be nighttalkin' chat room wrote:(4:35:20 PM)rebelkidrules has entered the room.
(4:35:20 PM)BooKitty64098 has entered the room.
(4:35:20 PM)rebelkidrules has entered the room.
(4:35:20 PM)rebelkidrules has left the room.
(4:35:20 PM)BooKitty64098 has entered the room.
Unvote(4:35:48 PM): Um.
Unvote(4:35:49 PM): Hmm.
BooKitty64098(4:35:58 PM): he won't come here?
BooKitty64098(4:36:30 PM): if you want to relay, my thoughts are, Flare, possibly BM, willing to help pressure Aimee...
BooKitty64098(4:36:34 PM): miller mason likely
BooKitty64098(4:37:06 PM): suspicious of Sir Tornado. Might build a case there.
Unvote(4:37:20 PM): Anyway, he said histop suspects were JDodge and Scøpe. I'm confused about JDodge. Iwouldn't mind pressuring Scøpe and seeing if he gets his act together.
BooKitty64098(4:37:25 PM): want Skruffs to explain the ZONEACE thing.
BooKitty64098(4:37:33 PM): sure, I'll go for scope but I doubt he's scum.
BooKitty64098(4:37:44 PM): he's too dense in his targeting.
Unvote(4:37:59 PM): "rebelkidrules (4:37:13 PM): brb 40 minutes"
BooKitty64098(4:38:48 PM): feeling about Erg0?
Unvote(4:39:08 PM): BM buried some point about ZONEACE in there that I actually think should probably be repeated.
Unvote(4:39:39 PM): I like Erg0. That impression is from Day 1 when we were trying to kill Flare together, though.
BooKitty64098(4:40:19 PM): to semiquote Simenon: people I'd wagon, in order of preference: Flare, BM, Aimee (for inactivity), Sir Tornado, ZONEACE, scope, Erg0.
BooKitty64098(4:40:24 PM): and maybe MoS.
BooKitty64098(4:40:29 PM): keep going back and forth on him.
Unvote(4:41:25 PM): I should probably just reread at some point. ¬_¬ I hate saying that.
BooKitty64098(4:41:30 PM): I do all the time.
BooKitty64098(4:41:37 PM): if you want I'll do analysis on anyone you ask for.
Unvote(4:41:45 PM): Oh, doing it isn't a problem.
BooKitty64098(4:42:04 PM): but I'm awful at scumhunting.
Unvote(4:42:04 PM): I always feel guilt saying I ought to do it.
BooKitty64098(4:42:12 PM): so you'd have to sift.
BooKitty64098(4:42:49 PM): anyway, I have to go, make food and play GW Smile
BooKitty64098(4:42:53 PM): -hugses-
BooKitty64098(4:42:59 PM): thanks for talking :smile:
Unvote(4:43:01 PM): *counterhugs, waves*
(4:43:30 PM)BooKitty64098 has left the room.
Dec. 8 wrote:Unvote (4:36:35 PM): That was for Mafia 70, not ScumChat.
rebelkidrules (4:37:06 PM): i accidentally clicked on it and i don't like joining chatrooms without realizing beforehand
rebelkidrules (4:37:07 PM): regardless
rebelkidrules (4:37:13 PM): brb 40 minutes
Night 5:
Feb. 23--Ether to Niv: 'Normal 70' wrote:I'm kind of in a hurry--did you ever post that list I wanted? Regardless, PM it to me now.
Feb. 23--Niv to Ether: 'Re: Normal 70' wrote:The non mason list:

Scummy:
Mastermind of Sin

Neutral:
Elmo
Korejora

Town:
ZONEACE
Setael
Sir Tornado (Claim)

Masons: scum - town
Simenon
Bookitty
Niv
Ether
Nice list. o.0
Feb. 23--Ether to Niv: 'Re: Normal 70' wrote:Elaborate, please. (Obviously I disagree on a lot of that.)
Feb. 25--Ether to Niv: 'Psst' wrote:I'm aware that you picked up my last PM at least 24ish hours ago--the one asking you to elaborate on your List. Please respond.
Feb. 25--Niv to Ether: 'Re: Psst' wrote:I picked it up, was planning on typing it up with some more thought an posting it in the morning.
Feb. 25--Ether to Niv: 'Re: Psst' (not picked up) wrote:For nighttalk, I value speed over quality. I'm looking for your train of thought.
Any night I missed, we (I, at least) probably didn't discuss in.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #2902 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by Simenon »

The non mason list:

Scummy:
Mastermind of Sin

Neutral:
Elmo
Korejora

Town:
ZONEACE
Setael
Sir Tornado (Claim)

Simenon
Bookitty
Niv
Ether
Even on day seven I was afraid Niv would be hard to lynch. He was right all the time; it scared me.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #2903 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by Ether »

I hate my play this game, and it just got worse and worse. I was amazed I picked up so little flak, but the scumgroup makes it a lot easier to believe.

Interrogating Flameaxe was fun, though.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2904 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Here's some of the mafia communications:
Toaster Strudel wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Ok it's rant time.

WTF is wrong with you guys? Are you trying to get our entire team killed on Day 1? Distancing on Day 1 is NEVER going to get you enough credits to get you through the game. It is NEVER useful to try and create bullshit arguments against your teammates to make it look like you aren't on the same team.

Zorg, what were you thinking? If you weren't trying to distance from me, what the hell WERE you doing, because your arguments against me were horrible. I had no choice but to try and get you lynched. We're only lucky that the Zeppo wagon came up so that I could straddle both wagons and save your ass.

TS, what is wrong with you as well? You sit around and don't contribute very much all game, then you don't try to participate under pressure, and you don't even help the town out after you claimed cop? WTF? I can't keep you alive if you don't try. I am sick and tired of being mafia with people who aren't going to play the fucking game. You can't win like that. Just look at Mafia 61. This is fucking ridiculous.

Now because of the antics of you two, I had to go out on a limb and Lemming is probably going to investigate me tonight. He's got a 99% chance of being protected, so if you have any fucking brilliant plans, let me know now, for fuck's sake.

Ridiculous...

Oh and if we have more scumbuddies than the three of us, don't tell me, but feel free to forward this message to them. I don't want to know if I've forgotten someone, because that's a good thing.

CC: Patrick/TS/Zorg
Frankly, I can rant too.

Simenon is voting for you for absolutely no reason galore, all over the place. You, me, Zorg, you, whoever, then you again.

Plus, he was fueling my wagon to no end, and I'm the Godfather, what's up with that? It's like he's obsessed with voting for his buddies. He forgot I was the Godfather. Brilliant.

I wasn't scummy at all, I was busy scumhunting and found White to be a credible target, then there was a deadline halving the required votes, the idiot Simenon starts up on me for no reason, when the White wagon was almost a done thing. White had 6/7, he needed one single vote for a deadline hammer, and Simenon starts to refuse categorically to vote for White, when White was scummy as hell.

The thing is, once a player (a supposed mason) starts really aggressively to go after say, me, a whole bunch of players started to hop and vote for me for no reason whatsoever.

I pointed this out to Simenon, and he thinks he's playing fine and dandy. He says he won't lay off me tomorrow, for chrissakes. And he thinks that's his "distancing" is working wonders and his "masons" Ether and Flameaxe are thoroughly fooled.

On Day 1 to boot.

I felt like I was playing with my worst enemy. Every post he made, I was shaking my head. What on Earth is this guy thinking???
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Toaster Strudel wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote: It's not that I don't have the same buddies. IT IS THAT I DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHO THEY ARE. I PLAY WELL AS SCUM BY FORGETTING WHO MY SCUMPARTNERS ARE. THAT WAY MY REACTIONS ARE NATURAL. YOU AND ZORG FORCED MY HAND AND NOW ALL THREE OF US ARE PENDING DEATH IN THE NEAR FUTURE.
Oh. So you're upset with me and Zorg, but you think Simenon played well, and I think Simenon sold us all to the enemy.

Look. I wasn't playing "scummy." Had I been town, I would have gone kamikaze against Simenon, for his displaying his "knowledge" that White is innocent, and later that Zeppo was to be a mislynch. These were glaring mistakes to me. Why the townies didn't pick it up, is a mystery. If you look at my play objectively, I made no such mistake. But sometimes randomy wagons happen like that, and it's a pity that Simenon was whipping the horse on a wagon on the Godfather.

As for the cop claim, I know we can get out of it, we have me being insane, and we have Lemming being sane.

(1) I am making the kill orders being done by Simenon.
(2) We ought to keep Lemming alive for now. If he investigates me, I will be innocent.
(3) Tomorrow, I will announce that I have an innocent on Simenon. Hopefully, Lemming will investigate Simenon the next night.
(4) We must keep sanity issues and the possibility of scum masons to the forefront to create maximum confusion.
(5) Settling sanity issues with Lemming and me should keep both Lemming and myself alive for several days.
(6) Sanity issues will be settled with Simenon's guilt or innocence, because it will take us longest to do, and will be the most confusing.
(7) Zorg has obviously gone in lurk mode. Lay off hounding him tomorrow.

Zorg:
Keep lurking. Avoid committing to a vote. If pressured even lightly, lurk harder. We need you alive. Support the scum mason possibility, and the sane cop vs. insane cop setup. Berate Simenon

Simenon:
I am having you send the kills, in case there is a tracker. We're going to have to bus you day 3 or day 4, depending on how we are going sorting out the cop's sanities. Take one for the team. Meanwhile, make yourself most useful by going after specific players. We need you to fuel wagons on anything that moves because we need to out the DOC so that we can nightkill Lemming eventually. Attack me lightly, but go harder on townies, we need the doctor out. Chances are slim, but it's worth a shot.

MoS:
Support the scum mason possibility, and the sane cop vs. insane cop setup.

Lurking scum is a bad idea. I will put myself up if I stop hounding Zorg. I only didn't get Zorg lynched yesterday because Zeppo came up, but I will be contradicting myself if I don't go after him tomorrow. You don't have to follow me, but I'm going to have to do it. Tell Simenon to lay off me. Saying repeatedly that I am scum without evidence makes him look bad and makes people look at my posts anyways. He's putting both of us up on the chopping block with idiotic stuff like that. Feel free to quote this.
Night 2:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:BM, you are blocking Lemming
Sim is killing Setael

Don't put pressure on me tomorrow. That could self-destruct in our faces. I'm in a position where I can wiggle my way out of suspicion given enough time. However, if you just relentlessly attack me, my defenses won't matter. Feel free to make me your #3ish suspicion (or lower), but no higher. Since BM hasn't said much yet this game, it would be good if he didn't have me high on his suspicion list right away. Simenon needs to find someone else to target.

BM, as the maker of crazy setups, and a guy who's been around a while, you can come in and vouch that the possibility of two cops is not a rare thing. You don't have to straight out defend me, but enough people have said this that you agreeing will just add pressure to the people attacking me.

I'm going to keep going after BM tomorrow, and I'll find another target or two.

Anything else you guys wanna bring up?

BTW, Simenon, you may think your tactics are "working", but you're drawing suspicion to yourself. Try to change it up a bit. It's true that TS basically self-destructed, but let's try not to completely destroy our team. We've all already distanced more than enough, it's time to push some mislynches before we do any majoring distancing again. Wait another two days unless something big happens.
Battle Mage wrote:It's ok, i've sorted the choices. I have a plan, which will basically entail me dying in the near future, but giving you and Simenon a damn good run at winning. It's pretty dependent on the events of tonight, but we'll see i guess. I dont mind you bussing me a bit tomorrow, but it is imperative that i survive 1 more day-if for nothing else than for my role. In fact, bus me as hard as you like, but once i have claimed, give me the benefit of the doubt. I'll die the next day, but we'll be in a significantly stronger position as a group.

And i should note that in my opinion, victory in this game is reliant on you surviving to endgame. So good luck with that.

BM
Night 3:
Battle Mage wrote:Ok first off, Ether isnt a great kill choice anyway. I'd rather nightkill Erg0 atm, simply because he is the main momentum pushing my lynch. Kill him, and we resolve some of that, and also, it might show MoS in a better light if he comes up town.

Roleblocking Skruffs obvobv.

I'm pretty happy with how the day went. We have plenty of mislynches to push now, and i don't think we will need to bus tomorrow at least. To be honest, i reckon i can survive tomorrow. There is a very strong case for Setael to be scum at this point, and personally, i think thats where our Bookie choice should go. Me dying tomorrow would not be good, as it would lend alot of strength to Skruffs's claim, and mean that we would need to NK him, and we would only have 1 NK. Not good.

MoS-dont worry about my pressure on you. Eventually, one of us is going to get lynched, and the other one will look as good as gold. Dont worry though, tomorrow i will be pushing Setael first and foremost.

I also think the Yama lynch might hold off some of the accusations on me, being one of the few people to actively avoid it.

BM
Mastermind of Sin wrote: Simenon wrote:
Actually, Ether is a mason, so she's not a very good kill.

Ether also trusts me, so I don't want her dead Razz

Setael would be an ok kill, but also a good lynch to push (having replaced Flare, he's the only guy I could push instead of BM tomorrow). I think Elmo would be a good kill, as would Skruffs (chance of protection, though). Suggestions?

We're roleblocking Skruffs as usual.

Good job yesterday, Simenon, I don't think you got any real suspicion on you. Neither did I, so that helps. I was hoping to have BM slip under the radar for the rest of the day so we wouldn't have people turning back to him tomorrow, but we're out of luck.

I'm going to predict that BM is going to be lynched, unless y'all really think we can save him at this point.

BM, remember when I told you not to try and get me lynched and how that was a good idea for the both of us? Try to remember that next time, because you attack on me is going to get you lynched. You haven't made any good arguments against me, and everyone is going to lynch you if you try to stay persistent on me. You still have to attack me a little, but you'll have a better chance if you slowly back off and find a new target.

And my support of ZONEACE has nothing to do with my alignment. It didn't before, and it still doesn't. Part of the reason I support ZONEACE as scum is because it's something I would do if I was town, so it becomes a null/town tell for me. Asserting that I'm scum because I defended ZONEACE on Day 1, when he was getting attacked for being hiimself, is only going to get you into more trouble.
Battle Mage wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
I can agree with the Erg0 kill, and I'll try to push the Setael wagon as a secondary wagon while I push against you, but I won't push you very hard, just putting my vote back on you because I've established taht I suspect you. You can probably ignore me for the most part, unless I actually ask you to respond to something. I'm fine with predicting Setael as the bookie choice, but I think it'll be harder than you think. Either way, though, we can try.
sounds good to me. If i do die tomorrow, hopefully you should be able to survive quite far, but a bit of advice would be, dont bus Simenon. I expect you to make it to endgame with ease, but once there, its gonna be hard for a town not to consider you lynchable.

Good Luck!

BM
I'm really pissed that I didn't get in the bookie choice. I must've thought I'd sent it in and actually hadn't, but I didn't think about it cuz I thought I had sent it.
Permanent V/LA.
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2905 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 7:16 pm

Post by Niv »

Simenon wrote:
Niv wrote:Hi amson team. i am Niv. i know you exsist
Just saying:
Out of twenty two players in total, I think at least one of us is probably mafia. Therefore, I suggest we use the masonry sparringly. We don't want to reveal too much about our game tomorrow.

[/b]
this is probabally something you all want to to see. since it had clearly stated in the mason pm that someone was untrustworthy, i saw no reason for sim to send this to me, therefore, i was certain that he was someone who had,t seen the town mason pm, therefore i was certain he was scum. i was also sure he was scum for the entire game, although beingunable to post this pm made it hard for people to see what i saw, sorry i played so shitty.
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2906 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 7:18 pm

Post by Niv »

Simenon wrote:
The non mason list:

Scummy:
Mastermind of Sin

Neutral:
Elmo
Korejora

Town:
ZONEACE
Setael
Sir Tornado (Claim)

Simenon
Bookitty
Niv
Ether
Even on day seven I was afraid Niv would be hard to lynch. He was right all the time; it scared me.
i knew i was right, but i am absoultally terrible at expressing myself.
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2907 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 10:49 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

MoS played a really crappy game. The only reason he won was because town lurked (JDodge, KScope) or defended him for foolish reasons (Ether, Setael) or was being stupid and useless on the whole (ZONEACE). I feel I should have NKed him instead of Elmo, but the problem was that you wouldn't have been able to hunt him down either as he did not have any scum connections.

Oh, and Korejora rocks.
I'm back!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2908 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 1:52 am

LoL. I played a crappy game, and yet I managed to eliminate every player who caught onto me without drawing any further suspicion on myself? Uh huh.
Permanent V/LA.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2909 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 2:36 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

I did not mean strategy wise MoS. Your general strategy was very good. I meant the actual game play. Your attack on me day 5, for example was particularly daft and OMGUSy. I pointed it out but people seemed too interested in Ether's theory of why you couldn't be scum (a theory, I remember calling "a bit meh"). And then there was a post on day 6 (after I killed Elmo and was NKed) in which you tentatively put forward a theory as to how none of the masons could be scum, and I was sure you were scum. After I died, I guessed both you and Sim to Patrick on ScumChat correctly so I was amazed at the fact town allowed you to live. Also, there were some TS posts on D1 which didn't look good for you ("Always good to keep up a bit of pressure on MoS"), but again, no one was interested in them.

Simenon too, as I pointed out to Patrick on ScumChat the scumiest mason around. I can't believe the town blew it away like this. Terrible.
I'm back!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2910 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 2:52 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Sir Tornado wrote:MoS played a really crappy game.
Yeah, and you played brilliantly right? :roll:
Quit flaming.

In fairness though, i do think MoS was damn lucky to survive as long as he did. Obviously im biased, but even after my death, some of his behaviour screamed 'SCUM'. Nonetheless, he pulled it off which was no mean feat given the level of competence of the town. Simenon played great from what i gather. I cant quite believe we won this, when after Day 1, not one of us was out of immediate danger of being lynched. :P
I really think the bussing between me and MoS worked a treat.

The real thing that irked me, when i spoke to Patrick at various points after my death was that MoS DIDNT USE THE BOOKIE!!! :shock:
Probably our best power, and it got wasted. 0.o

Anyway, excellent game overall!

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2911 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 3:12 am

Post by Patrick »

The roleblocker is probably a more useful all round role, and in this game it meant the cop was disabled the minute he claimed. The bookie becomes more useful later on, when it becomes easier to guess the lynches, and it can mean the town is in lylo earlier than they expect it. The mafia could also bet on one of their number to be lynched, which meant that technically, no lynching on day 7 would have been a bad option for the town (because with 3 town v 2 mafia, the scum can bet on one of their own to be lynched and simply have them commit suicide for the win).
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2912 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 3:15 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Patrick wrote:The roleblocker is probably a more useful all round role, and in this game it meant the cop was disabled the minute he claimed. The bookie becomes more useful later on, when it becomes easier to guess the lynches, and it can mean the town is in lylo earlier than they expect it. The mafia could also bet on one of their number to be lynched, which meant that technically, no lynching on day 7 would have been a bad option for the town (because with 3 town v 2 mafia, the scum can bet on one of their own to be lynched and simply have them commit suicide for the win).
oh yeh i forgot about that. I dont know about the rest of you, but i never realised we could bet on OURSELVES to be lynched. That couldve made things alot easier...

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2913 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 3:29 am

Sir Tornado wrote:I did not mean strategy wise MoS. Your general strategy was very good. I meant the actual game play. Your attack on me day 5, for example was particularly daft and OMGUSy. I pointed it out but people seemed too interested in Ether's theory of why you couldn't be scum (a theory, I remember calling "a bit meh"). And then there was a post on day 6 (after I killed Elmo and was NKed) in which you tentatively put forward a theory as to how none of the masons could be scum, and I was sure you were scum. After I died, I guessed both you and Sim to Patrick on ScumChat correctly so I was amazed at the fact town allowed you to live. Also, there were some TS posts on D1 which didn't look good for you ("Always good to keep up a bit of pressure on MoS"), but again, no one was interested in them.

Simenon too, as I pointed out to Patrick on ScumChat the scumiest mason around. I can't believe the town blew it away like this. Terrible.
By the time I was attacking for you, I wasn't playing for the long term, I was playing to get you killed and get Simenon to endgame. I was pretty sure that even if I died, Simenon would be able to win the game for the scum, so I was just trying to do as much damage as I could while dodging BooKitty's attacks.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2914 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 3:31 am

Battle Mage wrote:
Patrick wrote:The roleblocker is probably a more useful all round role, and in this game it meant the cop was disabled the minute he claimed. The bookie becomes more useful later on, when it becomes easier to guess the lynches, and it can mean the town is in lylo earlier than they expect it. The mafia could also bet on one of their number to be lynched, which meant that technically, no lynching on day 7 would have been a bad option for the town (because with 3 town v 2 mafia, the scum can bet on one of their own to be lynched and simply have them commit suicide for the win).
oh yeh i forgot about that. I dont know about the rest of you, but i never realised we could bet on OURSELVES to be lynched. That couldve made things alot easier...

BM
I knew we could bet on ourselves, and I was going to bet on you the day you got lynched, but I somehow didn't send in the choice. As for some of the earlier nights, I had instructed TS and the rest of the mafia to send the choice for me, because I was going to forget I was scum.
Permanent V/LA.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2915 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 4:05 am

Post by Setael »

Looking back, I feel sheepish for not seeing more clearly that MoS and Sim were scum. I think it was partly their play and partly the fact that they both are intimidating (intentionally or not).

Would've been nice if Niv's attack of Sim would've made more sense. Oh well.

Fun game. I still can't believe one of the masons was full scum. I still subscribe to the philosophy of "What's the point of a masonry then?" In any case, good game all.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2916 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 6:00 am

Post by Patrick »

The masonry existed for the reasons I gave in 2895. They weren't really meant to be poweroles as such but I thought it would add something to the gameplay. In hindsight, making the dirty mason a traitor might have worked better, possibly combined with giving the mafia a hint that their ally was found in the masonry.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #2917 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 6:54 am

Post by ZONEACE »

hmm so i was wrong about everything until the last day, well frick
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2918 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

im amazed ZONEACE managed to last the course of the game...

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #2919 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 7:05 am

Post by ZONEACE »

after about the 3rd day I knew I'd make it to the end of the game. The mafia wasn't gonna kill me cause I was such an obvious target for possible lynching and i'd convinced enough people in the town i was in fact innocent I'd never be lynched.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2920 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 7:56 am

BM, we pretty much kept ZONEACE alive on purpose all game. And my defense of him Day 1 had nothing to do with my alignment.
Permanent V/LA.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2921 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 8:02 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

And, you make it to the end to do what? Vote yourself in a fit of anger? Seriously. I should have vigged you N1 or N2. I didn't because I was convinced you were town, but that might have been a much better play on my part. I realized this on D4 by which time it was too late to bump off lurkers and unstable townies.
I'm back!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2922 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 9:43 am

Why do you think we killed people like BooKitty instead? BooKitty and Setael I scared me more than any other players in this game, as far as threats to the mafia went.
Permanent V/LA.
Korejora
Korejora
Goon
Korejora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2923 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 10:42 am

Post by Korejora »

Ehh, I have next to no experience with forum mafia so after my initial attack on the roleblocker I figured I should leave it to people who probably had better judgement. No idea why Sir Tornado likes me; I don't think I did much for the game.

I was pretty sure about the MOS-Simenon connection, because they seemed to agree on so much, but at the end I honestly didn't care about the outcome and lynching Niv looked easier. I probably should have asked to be replaced, and probably would have if the game hadn't been 100+ pages. I was surprised to see Bookitty die considering how much pressure had been on her in the days before, even though I was almost completely sure she was town. That probably should have tipped me off to MOS more than it did, but again, apathy was rampant.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2924 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 11:25 am

I was surprised no one pinned BooKitty's death on me, either. We came into the day prepared to throw as much WIFOM on that as possible, and no one even went after me for it, so I left it be.
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”