RISE OF THE UNICORN BRETHREN

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
HamboBlank
HamboBlank
Watcher
HamboBlank
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2900 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:46 am

Post by HamboBlank »

I am pretty stoked to see that on their forums on waypoint they have separate threads for each forge map so you can give your feedback, should really have threads for all maps.

Will have to finish the last season of spartan ops then, haven't been good at doing them weekly.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2901 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:29 am

Post by AGar »

This makes me happy that I opted for the 250GB HDD way back when.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2902 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:30 am

Post by Rhinox »

Spartan Ops keep getting better. New episode was pretty good. Surprised it was a download, I was under impression the entire first season was on disk. But I have plenty of HDD space.

Played a couple of the forge test maps. There's a lockout remake in there called Shutout and its pretty well done. So far, the 3 I played seemed pretty fun, but they've all been Halo 2 style arena-type maps so that probably explains it :D
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2903 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

sadly my xbox 360 is one of the original small 8gb hardrives. I got an external 16 gb jumpdrive hooked to it though so I will likly have to purpose the xbox default hardrive to all non-halo games and use the external jump for halo and or get a bigger external jump for halos in the future

I downloaded spartan ops last night and watched the video on chapter 6. Was entertaining despite the forever download time.

Did chores rest of last night and will likly finish chores tonight. So likly won't start on playing the ops until tonight or tomorrow. Feel free to party up with me if you guys want to tackle them together either day
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
HamboBlank
HamboBlank
Watcher
HamboBlank
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2904 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:56 am

Post by HamboBlank »

The only problem I have with Spartan Ops is the huge lag experienced playing with anyone other than FruitLoop. I would like to play with others (once I have finished the parts with her) but it is actually near impossible, hence why I never offered a hand to Rhinox as it would be more impeding than helping :P
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2905 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:29 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I played spartan ops last night. 343 has done nothing new to help fix their net code. If anything it got worse. :(
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2906 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:49 am

Post by Rhinox »

Yeah the lag can really test my patience at times. But I'd say most of my games have been at least playable. Only a few have been impossible.

Not really lag related but still SO related, one of the games in Episode 4 or 5 I think, the 4 of us spent 10 minutes trying to get to and kill a watcher that had gotten itself somehow trapped inside the geometry. It was the last enemy in the chapter so no one wanted to give up and back out. Every so often it would move next to the side of the texture and part of it would stick out where we could shoot it, but you know watchers, they like to run as soon as they're hit, so it kept going back in where we couldn't get it. Eventually we got it though, and the chapter could end. Thats annoying, but at least in a funny kind of way. Lag is just annoying.
HamboBlank
HamboBlank
Watcher
HamboBlank
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2907 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:48 am

Post by HamboBlank »

I got spawned into rocks half-way through a episode, then FruitLoop had to fight all the people all by herself and didn't survive so she spawned on me and we had a party in a rock. I think it was far easier getting in than getting out ever would have been. We just quit haha
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2908 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:16 am

Post by Jahudo »

It looks like Grifball was added today. Are you going to try it out PF?

Oh hey, we're on page 117 :D
HamboBlank
HamboBlank
Watcher
HamboBlank
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2909 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:43 am

Post by HamboBlank »

^ :D
HamboBlank
HamboBlank
Watcher
HamboBlank
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2910 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:48 pm

Post by HamboBlank »

New What up Halo Night post is up! Go read!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2911 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:25 am

Post by Rhinox »

Just wanna say that despite the lag, so far the second half of season 1 spartan ops has been a lot more fun so far through 3 episodes. Only 2 episodes left so I still wonder how they'll end it and whether there'll be a season 2 cliffhanger. I hope they plan on making more spartan ops.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2912 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

Spoilers about this weeks spartan ops
This weeks particular episode appears to leave the humans in very good stature
-Captured an Elite that gave us info on some covenant jammers and listening posts
-Thorne and Glassman Safe
-Got cool maps and equipment from thorne and glass
-Switchback saved
-Lasky Safe
-other random marines and spartans saved

Things look to be going very well in our favor. Thinking all thats left is figuring out what to do about catherine/the librarian and the remaining covies terrorists. The should be able to wrap that up in 2 episodes
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #2913 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:04 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

HamboBlank
HamboBlank
Watcher
HamboBlank
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2914 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:26 am

Post by HamboBlank »

I still gotta say that has some moments where I nearly cry laughing.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2915 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:13 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Were those all from wednesday night gamings? I need to adjust my work schedule or find a way to work arround it, becuase I am no where in those vids
HamboBlank
HamboBlank
Watcher
HamboBlank
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2916 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:02 am

Post by HamboBlank »

Yeah they were, Kscope has been recording the games he is there for. You can see them in our videos section :)

Also if any who were on last night and want to write up a highlight please see this post
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2917 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

Looking at the dates for those vids, it lookslike some of the games were on saturdays. I got a chance to make some games i think
HamboBlank
HamboBlank
Watcher
HamboBlank
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2918 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:54 pm

Post by HamboBlank »

New What up Halo Night? posted, first time we have another person's writing on these posts :) Go Kidney!

If you like rainbows, then you can see how the site will have more in here too!

https://theunicornbrethren.com/what-up- ... 013-02-13/
HamboBlank
HamboBlank
Watcher
HamboBlank
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2919 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:20 pm

Post by HamboBlank »

Sorry statistics link wasn't up to date. Now go see :)
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2920 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:38 am

Post by Jahudo »

Hey they finally nerfed the Boltshot! It won't have as much range now: http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/post/2013 ... pdate.aspx

And I guess the new map pack is today?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2921 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:48 am

Post by Rhinox »

SpOps season 1 is over :sadface:

Episodes 6-10 were A+ awesome in story IMO. Lag sucked but most of the time was bearable. Season 1 was nicely wrapped up in a way that a second season is optional. By that, I mean there are a ton of questions still, but Spartan Ops doesn't necessarily need to be the medium to address them. Its not like crimson or majestic were left in limbo or anything. Could feasibly wait until Halo 5 or in the books. I'm hoping for more spartan ops though!
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2922 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:00 am

Post by AGar »

RETURN TO REACH THIS WEEK SO EXCITED RAWR.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2923 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

I didn't think the bolt shot was so good it needed a nerf. It was good in some ways, but I can't say I was a big fan of it or thought there were enough reasons to nerf it. Were there really alot of people complaing it was good? I am kinda shocked becuase I heard more complaining it was bad than saying it was too good

Spartan ops were fun and great for helping you unlock things but there were a few plot holes or moments were I generally thought the writers sucked. Things kinda drone out too long, could have done them better in shorter amounts of time and with less lag. I still want a lag/netcode patch

Halo 4 is still a fun game but generally I wanted more quality in it then I have received. Right now if you asked me to rank it on a scale of 1-10 I think I'd give it a 6.5 so its an above average game but I wouldn't call it a great game
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2924 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 2922, AGar wrote:RETURN TO REACH THIS WEEK SO EXCITED RAWR.

??

Return to “General Discussion”