Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:45 pm

Post by Ether »

Votecount wrote:2 Andycyca (IH, Patrick)
2 Patrick (Shanba, Elmo)
1 appleof88 (Ripley)
1 Elmo (Crub)
1 IH (JDodge)
1 Ripley (appleof88)
1 wank (Andycyca)

3 Unvote (Glork, Sikario8, wank)

12 alive; 7 to lynch.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:58 am

Post by Sikario8 »

happily unreplaced and reading
'Sikario not having "Townsperson" disturbs me. Please rectify this thok.' --Oman
:roll:
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:17 am

Post by Patrick »

Shanba wrote:
Patrick wrote:
Shanba wrote:That's the second time Patrick has done that.

Done what?
Jumped on a wagon just as it's taking off.
Not true at all. At the time I voted him, he had one vote on him. Apart from that, there were only a few drabs of suspicion on him, and one or two people had said they were getting protown vibes from him. Definitely not a wagon that was just taking off. Your vote for me is shoddy.

Elmo, I'd also like you to address my defence. Did you read my posts when claiming that I wasn't into Andy at all before, or was that just from memory? Also, I tend to think that there are worse non contributors than either wank or Crub.
wank wrote:Helpful is listing everyone's alignment? I can play that game.

I am of the opinion that everyone is a townie as there is no evidence to suggest the contrary.
Well let's put this a different way. We have a deadline coming up soon. It's not final, since we can extend it by being active enough, but what do you plan on doing over the next few days? You have expressed suspicions and placed a vote in this game, so what do you mean by saying that there is no evidence to the contrary?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:53 am

Post by Elmo »

Patrick: With respect to 257, didn't it strike you as a little strange that I would suddenly want to lynch you? I did skim-reread you with respect to Andy - I'll get back to you on the other stuff in due course (see sig :P).
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:22 am

Post by Patrick »

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking me. Your stated reasoning struck me as strange because put simply what you said with regards to my behaviour towards Andy wasn't true. The wording of the post where you voted me was somewhat ambiguous too.

Shanba's vote for me bothers me more than your vote for me. Hopefully I'll be able to articulate that when I have more time.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:02 am

Post by Ripley »

I agree with Patrick about Shanba's vote. It seemed that Glork had only to clear his throat in preparation for a vote on Patrick:
Glork wrote:Now, with Crub vouching for Wank's behavior, Andy gets minus points, and I'm considering moving back to Patrick.
.. for Shanba to jump in with a vote accompanied by blatantly faulty reasoning. The wagon on Andy, once as high as 4 votes (the fourth vote having been placed by guess who, Shanba again - and with no accompanying reasoning at all) had almost entirely disintegrated at the time Patrick voted for him.

It wasn't even as if Glork's case against Patrick was a good one. I've disputed Glork's characterisation of apple's play, which made part of the case against Patrick, and Glork has agreed that it was in places exaggerated. The rest of his case, as stated in Post 245, is inconsistency between Patrick's treatment of two players. Patrick challenged this, correctly in my view, in Post 247, and Glork has not responded.

I'll reserve comment on Elmo since it seems from his last post that he has some more to say about his recent behavior regarding Patrick.

JDodge, if you don't have time for this game please get yourself replaced.
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:04 am

Post by Andycyca »

Ok, let's set this straight:

Patrick, I'd like you to tell me why you're suspicious of me. I don't think I have enough information for building a non-gut case on anyone (even on wank, who likes to double and triple-post without too much content)

This, combined with our
lurkers
Not very active players give me little to think about, as many posts here are debates between two players, and i have little to do in those occasions.
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:31 am

Post by Elmo »

Hrm, if I'm holding people up, I guess I'll bump this game up my list a bit.

You say he's a little suspicious to you in 78, but you don't seem that interested. Then the apple thing for a while. Ask Andy a question in 124, but it seems more a conversation starter than an interrogatory question. Oh, yeah, there's a bit in 144 that I missed, "I'd give Andy a higher than 3/11 chance of being scum, but not much" which is still pretty lukewarm-at-most. Pretty much nothing about andy again until you suddenly go back to him and vote in 247. And I really don't see what prompted that, atm, the given reason is 240, but I don't see anything scummy there. It's basically stating the obvious. wank's an easy lynch, but you can make roughly the same case about Glork, or me, for example, and he needs wagoning (imo). I don't see any good reason why that one post affects your behaviour towards him so much, given you nigh-on ignored the wagon before, not so much as a FoS and only a couple questions.

I'd also say there's a small contradiction in what you've said, in that 257 talks about Andy copying people for the forth time, and 247 talks specifically about his last post.

Basically: Why does 247 seem "surprisingly scummy" to you?

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:38 am

Post by Glork »

Ripley wrote:The rest of his case, as stated in Post 245, is inconsistency between Patrick's treatment of two players. Patrick challenged this, correctly in my view, in Post 247, and Glork has not responded.
*shakes head*

It's not the reason for which Patrick voted (or did not vote) somebody. It's the fact that he hopped onto Apple with some momentum against him, but gave Sikario the "newbie player" free pass. I'd have expected Patrick to respond with the same type and amount of pressure to both players. He did not.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
wank
wank
Goon
wank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:22 pm

Post by wank »

My vote was a random vote to pressure rip. It picked up little steam and hence my unvote.

Elmo, why am I an easy lynch?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:30 pm

Post by Patrick »

Elmo, I don't generally state my suspicions with a high degree of certainty (I used to when inexperienced, but now I prefer to avoid looking like an idiot when wrong). On top of that, this game hasn't had that much happening so far. I realise my comments about Andy so far have been fairly lukewarm in tone, and that's mainly as a result of those two things. There simply isn't that much scummy behaviour yet to make me confident in anyone being scum. Currently he's my best guess, and even so I'd give him less than a 50% chance of being scum. At least I'm trying to find something, unlike some people.
Elmo wrote:Pretty much nothing about andy again until you suddenly go back to him and vote in 247. And I really don't see what prompted that, atm, the given reason is 240, but I don't see anything scummy there. It's basically stating the obvious. wank's an easy lynch, but you can make roughly the same case about Glork, or me, for example, and he needs wagoning (imo).
Your description of his post 240 is right; it's basically just stating the obvious. That's something I've noticed him doing quite alot. You and Glork did vote wank that's true, though in both cases I got more the impression it was for pressure. Maybe I'm not doing a great job of articulating this, but something in the way he copied other people almost exactly there didn't sit quite right with me.
Elmo wrote:I don't see any good reason why that one post affects your behaviour towards him so much, given you nigh-on ignored the wagon before, not so much as a FoS and only a couple questions.
See, it seems like you have the impression that I had a massive change of heart and switched my vote to him. Up until that point, the only people who I was really suspicious of at all were apple and Andy, despite scrapping with Crub and wank. As the game continued, Andy gradually overtook apple, so I switched to him. That's really all there is to it. Your claim that I nigh-on ignored Andy is wrong, and I don't know how many more people are going to accuse me of that. I don't see how it matters whether I FoSed him or not, what is important is what I said.
Elmo wrote:I'd also say there's a small contradiction in what you've said, in that 257 talks about Andy copying people for the forth time, and 247 talks specifically about his last post.
I don't see how this would be even a slight contradiction, even if what you said here were true. As it happens though, it's not true, if you look at my post 247, you can clearly see that I said, "But he seems to be copying people alot..." which refers to a general trend, and not just his last post.

Glork wrote:It's not the reason for which Patrick voted (or did not vote) somebody. It's the fact that he hopped onto Apple with some momentum against him, but gave Sikario the "newbie player" free pass. I'd have expected Patrick to respond with the same type and amount of pressure to both players. He did not.
I don't get this at all. Setting aside the fact that you don't agree with it for a second, I had an actual reason to suspect apple. I had no reason to suspect sikario. So why would you expect the same type and amount of pressure on both players? This is ridiculous. It's normal to go harder after someone who has done something you find suspicious.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by Crub »

wank wrote:Elmo, why am I an easy lynch?
Your playstyle is less than pro-town. I think it's fair enough to call you an easy lynch.
Moo?
wank
wank
Goon
wank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:03 pm

Post by wank »

How is my playstyle less than pro town?
wank
wank
Goon
wank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:04 pm

Post by wank »

Wait, you are not elmo.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:31 pm

Post by Crub »

No I'm not Elmo but I agree that you could be seen as an easy lynch.

How often do you find yourself under lynch pressure on day 1 when you're town? I assume it's fairly often.

That could be an indicator that your play-style needs improving :)
Moo?
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:34 pm

Post by Crub »

Also am I right in assuming that the deadline kicks in, in about 25 minutes from this post?
Moo?
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:02 pm

Post by Ether »

Yes.

Ether takes out some papers, puts them on her desk and stares at them. She's fallen horribly behind on her paperwork. The deadline was like a month ago, and she still doesn't feel like writing about it.

Finally, she leans down the corridor and yells, "Yo! Porochaz! Write this cutscene for me."

The random ScumChatter heeds her call. He sits on the edge of the desk and thinks for a few minutes. The jail cell echoes, and it's loud and distracting. Finally, he suggests, "Say there's a bomb threat. But of course we can defuse it."

"Of course," Ether says.

"Except one of
them
has to make a sacrifice. He has to sit on the bomb to save everyone else, see. And the bomb's
going
to go off, right at--"

"No, no. No one dies. They just go to a holding cell."

"Oh."

Porochaz thinks some more, amidst the echoes of you prisoners who can't be bombed no matter how annoying or scummy you are. You have like seven different lynch candidates and you're echoing a
lot

"Look, I can't think like this. Can't you tell them to agree on a lynch candidate and shut up for the night?"

"I like it."

Deadline time. As soon as a midnight (Eastern time; 5:00 AM for the thread's many British people) hits in which less than
players have posted the previous realtime day, we're through for
serious
. A random player with the highest number of votes will be lynched, and we'll go to night. (But you really shouldn't let "random" enter into it.)
Last edited by Ether on Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:16 pm

Post by Glork »

...status of prodded players?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:19 pm

Post by Ether »

Appleof88 is being replaced. I have a specific replacement in mind, but I am unsure what his 'Scum username is, so it's kind of hard to announce anything until I can get in contact with him. JDodge and Sikario are clearly
here
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:59 pm

Post by Andycyca »

Okay, let's set this straight

Patrick, as I've said, It's true that some of my posts have been "I Agree" posts. But I don't have anything strong enough for me to cast a serious vote on anyone, and saying "I agree" it's a lot better than to jump on/off bandwagons. Agreeing with other POVs is my way of saying: "Well, here's something to add to the list against this player" and I build my cases based on my observations and this "list". I know I haven't done great scumhunting job in this game, but I don't have anything but lurking to start a case on anyone: I've seen several discussions and reasonable answers, enough to mark everyone as "not scummy enough"

The top-o'-page votecount says that Patrick and I are close to dying. I'd like to know your reasons to vote me instead of anyone else. As far as I can remember IH voted me for pressure and Patrick for the reasons stated above. I don't like having a random lynch today, so let's begin rereading and pointing everything useful enough to lead us to a reasonable lynch.
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:01 pm

Post by JDodge »

I'd say that the better lynch at the moment is andy, based on that last post

Vote: Andycycya

clearly he is trying to save his own skin
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:13 pm

Post by Crub »

@mod:
By [
scene to be added later
] do you mean that we have already failed and we have lynched one of patrick/andy?
Moo?
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:10 am

Post by Elmo »

Ergh, deadline crept up on me.

Not liking JDodge's deadline vote, I think Andy smells town. Saving your own skin by wanting people to reread and think through the lynch is not anti-town, eh. Also not comfortable with lynching Patrick, albeit I'm not entirely mollified. I'll reread sometime.

Also, Shanba's 248 needs more looking at if it's not factual. I wanna hear from Shanba exactly why Patrick's not right in his defence against that.

Crub: Can't speak for the mod, but I assume there's some kind of 'impending deadline' flavour scene.

I really have no idea if wank is scum, but I don't feel good about lynching anyone else. Sorry.
Unvote
:
Patrick
;
vote
:
wank
. If Sikario doesn't do anything interesting soon-ish, I would be fairly happy to lynch a lurker, as well. He's had more than enough time to toss his hat into the ring.

Brrr. Back to bed.

Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:13 am

Post by Sikario8 »

vote Elmo
, my hat's in the ring

any comments...?
'Sikario not having "Townsperson" disturbs me. Please rectify this thok.' --Oman
:roll:
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:24 am

Post by Patrick »

Well, we need at least 6 to post in this 24 hour period to get the deadline extended by 24, and we've managed that already, so no desperate rush. We should probably keep this going until we hear from apple's replacement.

I agree that JDodge's vote for Andy seems somewhat off, although I still don't really think Andy smells like town. Self preservation can be scummy in some situations, but that post seemed reasonable. I'm starting to think Shanba could be an alternative though; looking back through his posts, I'm not especially impressed, and he feels vaguely like he did in Tapioca Mafia where he was a mafia godfather; some early pseudo activity, followed by quite alot of lurking. He has posted enough to stay off the list of complete lurkers, but still seems to be avoiding several topics. Elmo's vote for me I could see as legit, if misguided, and his posts leave me with more of an aggressive scumhunting feel. Still fairly meh on the idea of a wank lynch right now, since I think the other two would have a better chance of yielding dead scum.
sikario wrote:vote Elmo, my hat's in the ring

any comments...?
Reasons behind this vote?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”